PDA

View Full Version : Its Over ;-;

xXJoshXx
Apr 1, 2010, 02:02 AM
RIP pc/ps2 servers <3<3 Ill never forget all the friends, memories everything i love you guys :]

Allison_W
Apr 1, 2010, 02:03 AM
Time of death: 12:00 a.m. PDT.

For all the bad times, there were good ones, too. I'm just sorry it had to end like this.

BWS-1
Apr 1, 2010, 02:03 AM
<T~T

R.I.P. PC/PS2 PSU

GUARDIANS FOR LIFE

Mimo
Apr 1, 2010, 02:04 AM
Ty everyone for the memories and great fun. Gonna miss you guys, hope we keep in touch through forums/via msn xD~ bye bye ;.;

MegaZoneXE
yup long live ps2/pc

Gunslinger-08
Thank you guys for all of the fun and memories. See you in the next Universe!

T_0_0_L
RIP PSU

RAGNAGELPPOD
Apr 1, 2010, 02:05 AM
I had a good run. I think we all did.

All we can do now is brace ourselves for the next adventure.

ChibiBecca
with lots of spam and terrible jokes. <3

hunterseifer
It was a good run, hope everyone got in touch with friends on got their info to keep in touch :)

Cranberry
=*( I'm really going to miss it.

Aeris
Apr 1, 2010, 02:06 AM
Nothing else we could do about it, they had to let it go =/.

MasterSpark
Apr 1, 2010, 02:07 AM
Friends until the end and beyond. (http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/MasterSpark89/TheEnd.jpg)

Thank you all, and good bye. :)

AzureAsh
I recorded the last 30 minutes of the server along with the final minute when we were all disconnected. After some editing, I'll upload it to YouTube.

Keely
I need some ice cream; makes me feel better.

Ash1ey
Apr 1, 2010, 02:08 AM
It was an amazing time, really. Some awesome memories on here

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd146/Ashley_Vendoc/psu20100401_020500_022.jpg.

Will_Nonheim
Bye guys!

Kanju
We all knew it would happen someday, just not like this. However, I'm glad to have been a part PSU.

unicorn
Apr 1, 2010, 02:10 AM
See you in another universe. ^_^

Well I guess we just have to move on....

Nai_Calus
Apr 1, 2010, 02:11 AM
I'm glad I was able to be there at the end. I'm still bummed about missing the PSO endings, but at least I made this one.

Rest in peace:

Nai and his 421 Fluffy
Elly and her 451 Calus
Aedan
Eleina

Thanks to everyone.

Angry_Ryudo
Apr 1, 2010, 02:11 AM
For me it was not much time, but anyway, well played, people.

Cheers! ^^

DAMASCUS
Apr 1, 2010, 02:12 AM
I was just realizing that I don't care about losing my characters nearly as much as I thought I would.

Its the PSU community we had on the PC/PS2 servers that I mourn. Irreplaceable.

Illuminate
Apr 1, 2010, 02:13 AM
Well.
Ugh.
Went out in a bundle of flaming spam, as I expected it would...
Ahh well, see some of you, if not many of you, somewhere around the bend.

Noblewine
Apr 1, 2010, 02:13 AM
It was fun psu. Long live PSU.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 1, 2010, 02:14 AM
It was fun psu. Long live PSU.

Thanks for kickin' ass with me for so long, bro.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Apr 1, 2010, 02:15 AM
See you around, Gurhal..

Gilbert_owen_deming
Apr 1, 2010, 02:18 AM
IM OFF TO KILL FALZ

DONT MIND ME

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww85/Gilbertowendeming/FFFFFFFFFF.jpg

unicorn
Apr 1, 2010, 02:18 AM
BYE STARSHIP EARTH!!!

Larian
Apr 1, 2010, 02:19 AM
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to miss it!! And OMG Ashley's blast from the past made my day!!! =D

Keilyn
Apr 1, 2010, 02:20 AM
To all my friends in PSU
To all my enemies in PSU

Thank you for everything....^_^

It's over and it all continues in psu-jpn.. (or 360 for the ones who like it )

I started in 2006 on launch, took a break and then came back Feb 2009...In that time raised my four to 170, met tons of people...Friends, neutral and enemies....and in rebellion went to PSU-JP last xmas...got screwed there eventually too..

...But for all its worth, I have more memories here...

I played this game as my break away from hard core competetive games....It was medicine for a long time....Helped retain my sanity competing for the leagues and other groups that are so commercial and political.

I still post and read here, but just wanted to say "Thank you for everything"

~Keilyn

Splash
Apr 1, 2010, 02:20 AM
Great knowing you guys, and many others. Good luck to all you guys for the future.

DreXxiN
Apr 1, 2010, 02:21 AM
Thank you everyone. I love this community and could never ask for anything better. I've opened my eyes to the world and have grown much wisdom since I began and a lot of it is thanks to who I met on PSU. You all will never be forgotten.

Aka
Apr 1, 2010, 02:22 AM
R.I.P PC/PS2 servers...

Cranberry
Apr 1, 2010, 02:22 AM
I'm taking this harder than I thought I would. I can't stop the tears.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Apr 1, 2010, 02:24 AM

You and I both. ;o;

Sinue_v2
There will come a time when you believe everything is finished... that will be the beginning. ~ Louis L'Amour

At any rate, thanks for the fun send-off guys.

Mimo

There there, it's all over now D:!! -hugs- :cry:

Jarek
Apr 1, 2010, 02:25 AM
So long, PSU.

Ash1ey
Apr 1, 2010, 02:26 AM
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to miss it!! And OMG Ashley's blast from the past made my day!!! =D

It made mine, too

Azure Falcon
Apr 1, 2010, 02:26 AM
Even though I started late and didn't play anywhere near as much as most people I'm still going to miss PSU a huge amount.

Thanks to the GMs for putting on some fun events to let PSU PC/PS2 go out with some dignity, particularly Ruby for managing to be around more than Edward - that hoverboard race was probably the most fun I've ever had on PSU even though I couldn't work out what the accelerator was for 20 seconds.

Ashura Vengeance
Apr 1, 2010, 02:27 AM
I will continue to enjoy offline mode.>_> <_<

DreXxiN
Apr 1, 2010, 02:28 AM
Haha yeah, I know what you mean. It's definitely a strange feeling..Anyone else try to reconnect afterwords and were stunned in disbelief knowing "Wow, I can't reconnect..and I never will be able to again."

Noblewine
Apr 1, 2010, 02:29 AM
Thanks for kickin' ass with me for so long, bro.

NP, cya on psz.

Splash
Apr 1, 2010, 02:30 AM
Haha yeah, I know what you mean. It's definitely a strange feeling..Anyone else try to reconnect afterwords and were stunned in disbelief knowing "Wow, I can't reconnect..and I never will be able to again."

Yep. Did that and got that same feeling too. =(

Quebe_Lae
Apr 1, 2010, 02:32 AM
Yup tried to reconnect. I actually didn't cry, thouhg I expected myself to. Though I cried a little bit earlier, about a weekish ago?

BWS-1
Apr 1, 2010, 02:36 AM
That all-too-familiar feeling... it isn't as bad as I expected, though it did catch me by surprise. The disconnection so sudden.

Like a bullet to the head.

DreXxiN
Apr 1, 2010, 02:37 AM
I'm thankfully not breaking out like I did when Gamecube died..and I think a lot of people that went down with that ship were expecting to feel the same. It's similar but not as impactful, we've all grown to be stronger people. Still though, crazy stuff...

Illuminate
Apr 1, 2010, 02:38 AM

You and I both. ;o;

Bleh, I don't cry all that much anymore.
I wonder where the tears went.

Either way, it was a good time, albeit, strange.

milranduil
Apr 1, 2010, 02:43 AM
That all-too-familiar feeling... it isn't as bad as I expected, though it did catch me by surprise. The disconnection so sudden.

Like a bullet to the head.
This really does nail it on the head...that message just pops up, and it's over...

Illuminate
Apr 1, 2010, 02:50 AM
What ticks me off is how easily they did it.
And how quick. No warning, after the five minute warning, they didn't do anything more.

I swear, SEGA just likes to be the jagged pebbles under your feet.

Mimo
Apr 1, 2010, 02:58 AM
PSU: "Don't cry for me... I'm already dead."

PSU disconnected, couldn't stop staring at the screen.. some guy was still dancing... e.e

tadtwisted
Apr 1, 2010, 03:07 AM
I'm on the xbox side so i dont feel you pain ( YET ), but when i went to the offical website and it showed the pc/ps2 servers offline and knowing they wont go online again i felt sick to my stomach

Shou
Apr 1, 2010, 03:08 AM
April Fools!!!
[SPOILER-BOX]
They are closing the Xbox servers too!!!
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Metsume
Apr 1, 2010, 03:11 AM
The people I met, the memories we made... I'll never forget them. Four years of such an adventure... Our memories are forever in our hearts...

Goodbye, PSU. Thank you for everything... :)

PSU: "Don't cry for me... I'm already dead."

PSU disconnected, couldn't stop staring at the screen.. some guy was still dancing... e.e

Hahah... I saw that guy, too. :) And I couldn't stop staring, either... I knew that was the last time I would see everyone...

Rayokarna
Apr 1, 2010, 03:54 AM
I guess this is it.

No other words to say really. I'll miss the people I hung out with.

-Rayokarna

SabZero
Apr 1, 2010, 04:22 AM
*salutes* God speed, PSU. You shall be missed. sad face.

Pooru.
Apr 1, 2010, 04:49 AM
I have to agree with most, it is saddening yet you dont know what you have until its gone, but I say it isnt gone forever im sure our paths will cross again!

Ail
Apr 1, 2010, 04:58 AM
R.I.P.

DarkShadowX
Apr 1, 2010, 05:11 AM
Shame I couldn't stick around for the end myself (left my char on afk tho for others' sakes) but it was a great run.

Its still early morning, so I'll just be lazy and copy and post a comment I made when they first announced the server closure:
And with this the curtain comes to a close. While its sad to see this happen, it was a long time coming due to the sheer lack of updates and support we got from SEGA. I can only hope that they do indeed focus on updating the 360 version of the game even tho I won't be restarting on 360. I'd hate for them to update the game a bit then suddenly stop for months on end (Eternal X-Mas PSOX anyone?). I'll play on the PC/PS2 Servers til the end and finally hang my PSU hat for good, no 360 or JP servers for me.

This game, for all of its obvious faults and sadly unused potential, was a fun game for me either way and a great run and gave me some good memories and friends who I still stay in contact with. I'll be glad to give this game a good send off, one that I never got the chance to do for any of the versions of PSO. While I look forward to a possible release of US/EU PSP2, I hope for a new installment to the Phantasy Star series, and hope they learn from their mistakes so that the next one will be a game truly worth playing, whether it be an offline RPG or an ORPG. PSO and PSU gave me a great load of memories, both happy and sad, and a great many friends. These past 10 years playing these 2 games seem like they only happened yesterday, but also seem like they were so far gone. I thank everyone I've played with on either game, and who I've talked to on the forums. YOU made this game worth playing.

I'll still be checking on PSOW every now and then so I hope you all keep in touch. Til next we meet.... PSO Veteran from DC Day 1: Outtrigger (DC) and Karsh (GC) PSU Veteran from Day 1: DarkShadowX (Cast) 10/24/2006-03/31/2010 R.I.P. PSU

Retehi
Apr 1, 2010, 05:15 AM
Weird to think all that work put into ones character is gone in a microsecond.

I'd of tried to join in, but installing AoTI altered my direct X files way to much. Still, happy trails.

Pooru.
Apr 1, 2010, 06:30 AM
Weird to think all that work put into ones character is gone in a microsecond.

I'd of tried to join in, but installing AoTI altered my direct X files way to much. Still, happy trails.

ah such a shame you couldnt join but, I have a hard time believing its over heh its keeping me up, guess I took PSU for granted thinking it'd always be there ^^;:-(

Dragwind
Apr 1, 2010, 06:41 AM
I'm amazed at all the people who showed up. I'm so glad I have tons of screenshots and videos for memories...thanks to everyone who made my PSU experience amazing right from the start.

TO PSU!

Farewell PC/PS2 PSU...

Fight on. We'll join forces again.

Neith
Apr 1, 2010, 07:24 AM
Considering the game felt crippled for a long time, I'm surprised it lasted so long. Here's to all the people who made PC/PS2 great, I've met a lot of nice people over the last few years. Met a lot of idiots too, but I'm trying to focus on the positive :wacko:

See you all in the next online Phantasy Star game (preferably PC?). I'm playing PSP2 JP now, but not having a decent keyboard is hell.

Thanks for the run, and RIP PC/PS2 PSU.

Ashura Vengeance
Apr 1, 2010, 08:09 AM
Goodbye PSU hello PSP2 JP.
All in all even though I wasn't here from the start i'm glad I got to party with a lot of decent people and got to kick a ton of ass.
Yeah!

Dhylec
Apr 1, 2010, 08:50 AM
Well, it's sad to see it gone, but life goes on. We will survive. ;3

Xefi
Apr 1, 2010, 09:50 AM
good bye PSU and my 3000+ hrs. in that game. :p

Mighty Earth Sage
Apr 1, 2010, 11:18 AM
I miss everyone already......

Or10n
Apr 1, 2010, 11:19 AM
Gosh why am I so depressed about this?! lol

T_T;

ChaosAngel92
Apr 1, 2010, 11:25 AM
All of the sudden I feel so sad, even If I stopped playing about 1 year and a half (aprox.)

Yeah well, PSU was there on my most difficult times.
And I remember back when I was on senior high, that my only wish was to get home and play PSU till my eyes explode.

Remembering all of that,, all those sleepless nights helping others to level up, makes me tear a little bit, and I swear I'm not kidding.

Still:

CHEER UP PEOPLE! LOOK FORWARD TO PSP2 (that's THE mother ---- game, seriously).

(what on earth is happening with forums?!)

Tubby
Apr 1, 2010, 11:46 AM
Goodbye all my friends, we shall see what awaits us in the future to come! Lots of love and hugs!!!! ~Ginger Hotspice, Hot Bot, Lolita, Sky!!!

Nicktendonick
Apr 1, 2010, 11:55 AM
April fools day I assume.

It's been one hell of a ride PSU, and I've had so much fun playing this game. Shame I didn't play much for the last two years (yet still paid for it)

I've had a ton of fun and many memories, and those will never fade.

See you next universe PSU!

Sexy_Raine
Apr 1, 2010, 12:00 PM
It's been fun for those who I did runs with, I might take a peek here occasionally just to see whats going on. I'll be on my PS3 mostly, killing nubs online.

One more thing. Segduh fails! That is all.

ChibiBecca
Apr 1, 2010, 12:16 PM
these screenshots are helping me see just how packed that lobby was in the end. my ps2 was crying and refusing to load more then about 20 people shapes, and the usual 6-ish fully loaded people. no wonder some people kept lagging out!

Ce'Nedra
Apr 1, 2010, 12:32 PM
A sad day in the history of online gaming. :(

R.I.P. PSU, may the holy light guide you to wherever you are going.

Omega_Weltall
Apr 1, 2010, 12:54 PM
...good riddance. I'm sorry, but its just been one big disappointment after another. I feel as if SEGA dosent give a fuck about its NA audience enough to care about updating it. It was a long time coming and now its done, I don't have to sit and wait for promised updates that never come. As much as I love Phantasy Star and prefer it over Final Fantasy, I am NEVER buying another Phantasy Star game with the STIGMA of some sort of online play slapped on it.

Pelayo
Apr 1, 2010, 01:09 PM
Goodbye, see you all in the next PS generation

LanCow13
Apr 1, 2010, 01:12 PM
LanVanDam HERE!

yea it was a good run i had fun with this game hopefully the next phantasy star game that comes out keeps my attention like this one did I ALSO am a DC PSO player so i been in the game for years lol

Zorafim
Apr 1, 2010, 02:02 PM
So... When's PSP2 coming out?

Heartfelt last words? I've got nothing. It's choking, but most of the pleasure I've had from this game was in anticipation. And even after PSU's death, I'm still anticipating something I may never get. I'm not going to look back on a game which always made me look forward.

And any seriousness of my post is completely nullified by the fact that my text is either flashing, giant, or backwards. Good game, admins.

Ail
Apr 1, 2010, 02:11 PM
i almost forgot..

http://asset.soup.io/asset/0760/0697_b7df.png

W0LB0T
Apr 1, 2010, 02:17 PM
I wanted to show up for one last shebang, but I physically couldn't play PSU anymore. I literly boot up the game and I fall asleep. Oh well. Plus I would have been at work by the time the pulled the plug. Oh well. No need to dwell on the past. I'm looking foward to the future. Portable 2 and Phantasy Star Sigma is here I come.

RemiusTA
Apr 1, 2010, 08:20 PM
over? what are you talking about PSU isnt over

oh wait PS2/PC yeah sorry guys

autumn
Apr 1, 2010, 08:21 PM
I'd say I'm sad to see it go, but I'm not really. It was in bad shape and its probably better that its been laid to rest. After the mess this was I don't know if I'll be interested in another Phantasy Star game, so I don't know if I'll see any of you in the future.

A shame I didn't make it on for the final moments though, I did want to get screens of the end.

Clint
Apr 1, 2010, 08:35 PM
Goodbye AOTI-PSU RIP And to all the people, I will miss you all :( perhaps see ya on Xbox360 Hope Sega doesn't yank the plug on that after all the hard work >:

-Clint :-P

Redpaige13
Apr 1, 2010, 09:28 PM
I did more shit on that day then I ever had in the last three months. I was busy swapping info to keep connected with friends, doing random missions with friends, and taking as many pictures as I could.

When Edward appeared at the Falz Memorial, my friends and I basically said "Fuck it", and we ran off to do a mission.
During our last mission, I took as many pictures as I could.

We all went to the Waterfall for the last 20 minutes, where we all pained and glorified the game. Then I took a picture of the Disconnection screen.

I guess you can say I'm more pissed off than anything else. Mostly because out of all the pictures I took of that day, only one was saved in my folder. And that was the Disconnection screen.

roardova lengths
Apr 1, 2010, 10:05 PM
I'm a guardian for life; on all 11 of my characters; I'll be back when the new game comes out. If Sega has enough intelligence to pull it off...

Retniwreven
Apr 1, 2010, 10:15 PM
Farewell, PC/PS2.
We've had some good times...
I'll miss you, and everyone I played with.

Nai_Calus
Apr 1, 2010, 11:07 PM
http://www.iankunx.net/nai60.jpg

One last level before the end.

http://www.iankunx.net/thelast.jpg

And one last, resounding message was heard throughout the Gurhal system:

dias_flac_0g
Apr 2, 2010, 12:08 AM
My greatest momments in PC psu were when we all had 99 mill mesetas like nothing back when everyone was haxing like nothing making Pwands and such way before they were ever released xD

I loved that time in PC psu and i'm not even being sarcastic lol.

CyberMaid
Apr 2, 2010, 02:39 AM
Do i have to buy a 360 now? :( bah...

Bye bye PSU! ( ' - ')/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko9-MxnFIy4

Lance813
Apr 2, 2010, 03:02 AM
Well, I played PC for a while back when it came out then again when AOI came out. I don't think I ever ran into anyone that comes here in game. I will say one thing.

The game had it's charm.

For me it wasn't like PSO, but what could I expect? I wasn't upset that it wasn't like PSO, but hell it sure ended the same. I didn't even bother to log in on the last day.

I logged in for a day or two once the game became free, but I couldn't bring myself to do anything in game. I just kept checking an empty friends list of people that never got back on.

I miss them.

Some were friends I made on PSO and others where just random people.

I'm not sure why I'm writing a long eulogy for a game I never really cared much for...

I still have hope for the future of the Phantasy Star series, and frankly I can't wait for the next console release.

Well, I got that off my chest. I guess I'll stop now.

BahnKnakyu
Apr 2, 2010, 03:25 AM
It ain't over yet.

There ARE alternatives, it's if whether or not you're willing to spend the time and money to start over/get a new system.

- X360
- JP PC/PS2

And imo the most enjoyable choice
- JP PSP2

PSP2's gameplay is just downright solid.

Will you take the plunge?

Katrina
Apr 2, 2010, 03:54 AM
Here's an old pic I found in an album from the first week or so of PSU.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. Good luck to everyone :-)

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/9523/group1gr.jpg

Reginaldo
Apr 2, 2010, 10:10 AM
Ah, I'll miss this game. It was nice to be there at the very end.

lostinseganet
Apr 3, 2010, 04:09 PM
They should have treated their customers better! We shouldn't have to pay to be treated worse...

ZIE creations
Apr 3, 2010, 07:53 PM
Yo, it's a dude from the 360 servers. WE NEED YOU!!!
THERES TO MANY WHITE BEAST NOOBS HELP!!!

SStrikerR
Apr 9, 2010, 12:58 AM
It's a weird feeling here. I took breaks from PSU all the time, and the last time I felt the urge to play was around the second MAG. Even though I don't have the urge to play at all right now, it feels weird knowing that I can't play again, even if I wanted to. Everything's gone. I can remember some of my items and things like that, but it actually really depresses me that I was on PS2. I wish I had been a PC player so I could have taken screenshots of all the memories I don't want to forget. I met some awesome people on PSU and had an insane amount of fun; I'm going to miss it. But hey, there'll be another console Phantasy Star eventually...hopefully it's as fun as PSO and PSU have been.

C'ya PSU. I had a good 3 years.

Sinue_v2
Apr 9, 2010, 01:41 AM
It's a weird feeling here. I took breaks from PSU all the time, and the last time I felt the urge to play was around the second MAG. Even though I don't have the urge to play at all right now, it feels weird knowing that I can't play again, even if I wanted to. Everything's gone. I can remember some of my items and things like that, but it actually really depresses me that I was on PS2. I wish I had been a PC player so I could have taken screenshots of all the memories I don't want to forget. I met some awesome people on PSU and had an insane amount of fun; I'm going to miss it. But hey, there'll be another console Phantasy Star eventually...hopefully it's as fun as PSO and PSU have been.

C'ya PSU. I had a good 3 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=i28UEoLXVFQ

Sace
Apr 12, 2010, 12:56 AM
I stopped back in like january it was a good game but in my opinion it was rushed to much owell I have discovered the classic PSO play style on PSZ and im happy.

goldbrease
Apr 12, 2010, 02:09 AM
its over till the next time. hopefully it wont be to long.
i enjoyed my time with everyone. iwould like the next one to be on the ps3 and pc please.

Delete
Apr 12, 2010, 06:27 AM
its over till the next time. hopefully it wont be to long.
i enjoyed my time with everyone. iwould like the next one to be on the ps3 and pc please.

Hey, don't forget the 360 :wacko:

On topic, I have a feeling the 360 servers will be following suit. I logged on randomly one Saturday after 5 months and it was sooooooooo dead. Won't be much longer before we get the news.

SStrikerR
Apr 12, 2010, 10:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=i28UEoLXVFQ

Nah. I know what I had. A good game with shitty management. I'm glad it's over. I just have a lot of memories.

Tyreek
Apr 12, 2010, 10:28 PM
Gonna agree with you there SStrikerR.

Robert_Garcia
Apr 12, 2010, 10:57 PM
I would've LOVED to be able to play this. However, finding the game was a royal pain. I'd get the 360 version, however, I recall that you had to pay an additional fee along with the XBL subscription.

Palle
Apr 13, 2010, 12:23 AM
I'd get the 360 version, however, I recall that you had to pay an additional fee along with the XBL subscription.
Well, you still have to pay for a GL to access the servers, but you play online with a Silver [free] Live account. Not sure if that's what you meant.