PDA

View Full Version : Lol what? April fools from Sega?

xBULLYDOGG
Apr 1, 2010, 07:03 PM
http://psupedia.info/Main_Page

[SPOILER-BOX]April fools from Sega!
The PC/PS2 servers are currently down, but not forever! Turns out the announcement Sega made about the PC/PS2 servers a few months ago was meant specifically for today, April 1st. The servers are currently under maintenance following the spam and cheating that took place last night amidst the confusion. Expect a rollback when the servers get back up! Update: Servers are back up![/SPOILER-BOX]

Someone clarify, does this mean that the servers going down perm' was just a joke or what?

Akumamaru
Apr 1, 2010, 07:14 PM
i dont think they are coming back up it said "update: the servers are now up" but on the official site the servers are still down

Tomeeboy
Apr 1, 2010, 07:16 PM
:: facepalm ::

Whit
Apr 1, 2010, 07:21 PM
It was all just big joke made by Sega, obviously.

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 1, 2010, 07:25 PM
Because Sega's really going to give us all two free months of the game, just for an April Fools' joke.

BWS-1
Apr 1, 2010, 07:44 PM
http://psupedia.info/Main_Page

April fools from Sega!
The PC/PS2 servers are currently down, but not forever! Turns out the announcement Sega made about the PC/PS2 servers a few months ago was meant specifically for today, April 1st. The servers are currently under maintenance following the spam and cheating that took place last night amidst the confusion. Expect a rollback when the servers get back up! Update: Servers are back up!

Someone clarify, does this mean that the servers going down perm' was just a joke or what?

I'm pretty certain THAT is the April's fools

Professor Xavier
Apr 1, 2010, 08:19 PM
Sorry Im not buying it. The servers are down forever. 360 will soon follow. If they dont announce a serious update next week, there will be a mass exoudis from the game. I give the 360 servers six months tops. Once people realise there arent enough players left for any meaningful updates. Then everyone will leave. What we have now is what we get. Its a shame too.

They will be milking us now!

Oh Im sorry theyve been doing that for about two years now. Well they will at least hold out for a couple of more drops!

Max B
Apr 1, 2010, 08:29 PM
Sorry Im not buying it. The servers are down forever. 360 will soon follow. If they dont announce a serious update next week, there will be a mass exoudis from the game. I give the 360 servers six months tops. Once people realise there arent enough players left for any meaningful updates. Then everyone will leave. What we have now is what we get. Its a shame too.

They will be milking us now!

Oh Im sorry theyve been doing that for about two years now. Well they will at least hold out for a couple of more drops!

Seeing as when we get events we get 2 unis full you make 0 sense:nono:

Overlord Chan
Apr 1, 2010, 09:31 PM
Seeing as when we get events we get 2 unis full you make 0 sense:nono:

It makes perfect sense, Events happen every few months or longer.
The game itself (Which means no Events going on.) Is the actual game.

When there are no events and the "Actual game." is going on, it's not even 5 stars on one server in population.

And i've found it, extremely difficult to find parties for much of anything as of recent, even S ranks at White Beast are hard to come by now.

Max B
Apr 1, 2010, 09:54 PM

When there are no events and the "Actual game." is going on, it's not even 5 stars on one server in population.

And i've found it, extremely difficult to find parties for much of anything as of recent, even S ranks at White Beast are hard to come by now.

I guess you need to branch out just yesterday I was a Paracabana Coast and I saw at least 25+ people which is very rare.. in short stop running white beast

Noblewine
Apr 2, 2010, 12:09 AM
I'm not laughing at all.

dias_flac_0g
Apr 2, 2010, 12:17 AM
Why are you PC players so upset? They always make comments like "Yea 360 servers are next"

We all know 360 servers are next seeing as they are the only ones left.

Seriously stop being so upset. Bottom line is we can still; enjoy psu and you can't. I'm sorry I know the truth hurts. Live with it or cry moar jeez.

That said i'm sure we have atleast a year left of life in our servers. Better than what PC has now =P

Redpaige13
Apr 2, 2010, 12:20 AM
It make me chuckle.

At least their April Fools is a hell of a lot better than the Official Forums' idea. Shit man.. Just one look at that Rainbow-colored barf makes my eyes want to retch themselves.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Apr 2, 2010, 12:29 AM
Why are you PC players so butthurt? They always make comments like "Yea 360 servers are next"

We all know 360 servers are next seeing as they are the only ones left.

Seriously stop being so butthurt. Bottom line is we can still; enjoy psu and you can't. I'm sorry I know the truth hurts. Live with it or cry moar jeez.

That said i'm sure we have atleast a year left of life in our servers. Better than what PC has now =P

Please don't lump us altogether; The pc/ps2 side isn't a collective intellegence that share a single ideal like the Borg from Star Trek.

Palle
Apr 2, 2010, 12:50 AM
Bottom line is we can still; enjoy psu and you can't.
PC servers are still up JP-side, neh? Sure it means starting over for some players [shit, with all the people jumping on the wagon I'm tempted to hook up my NTSC-J PS2 and resub myself]... but they can still enjoy if they like.

str898mustang
Apr 2, 2010, 12:59 AM
I seriously dont find that the least bit funny.

Powder Keg
Apr 2, 2010, 01:14 AM
Ah...I didn't laugh..but did people actually think this was for real?

Cleptomaniac
Apr 2, 2010, 01:17 AM
I see 5 stars full on the 360 quite often during peak hours.

xxmadplayerxx
Apr 2, 2010, 01:56 AM
A april's fool's joke! wow what a stab in the dark. I can imagine alot of people are frustrated right now...

unicorn
Apr 2, 2010, 02:26 AM

Oh wow...that is depressing. Kinda reminds me of what happened in the PC servers.. ><

But our doom was foreshadowed years ago.

Sayara
Apr 2, 2010, 05:40 AM
I think people beleiving that the game would be back is the better joke than the joke itself.

Tyreek
Apr 2, 2010, 06:50 AM
PSUpedia came up with a better April Fools joke than SEGA themselves. FACT!

SuperRygar
Apr 2, 2010, 08:24 AM
So where is the funny?

How can anybody believe something like that?? hahaha April fool's day isnt a day for jokes, but a day that brings to the surface the stupidity of some people :)

Freeze
Apr 2, 2010, 09:17 AM
There was five stars last night, hardly a peek time and several groups were running Awaken Serpent. It's been a while since I seen any group running that.

landman
Apr 2, 2010, 10:33 AM
Even if 360 does not have x stars in each server, what matters is how many subrscibers there are, and I know of a bunch of people that pay the subcription all the year and play only on events, only because they don't want to deal with Microsoft's billing service :wacko:

gum_on_shoe
Apr 2, 2010, 11:52 AM
Even if 360 does not have x stars in each server, what matters is how many subrscibers there are, and I know of a bunch of people that pay the subcription all the year and play only on events, only because they don't want to deal with Microsoft's billing service :wacko:

Yeah.

I stopped playing many times but I've always had a license

SammaeltheDark
Apr 2, 2010, 12:33 PM
PSUpedia came up with a better April Fools joke than SEGA themselves. FACT!
Did you see SEGA's trailer for the next Virtua Fighter? That was pretty ace.

But PSUpedia's gag was worth it just to see all the "that's not funny!" fanrage here. What's the matter, too soon? ;P

(and the gag on PSUpedia's forums was even better yesterday. Beep boop!)