PDA

View Full Version : Slightly better news From the doubters academy

Sleeper
Apr 2, 2010, 12:00 AM
The news just came out!
DSi Users in America/UK/Australia will be able to download weapons, areas and other content later in the year. Much of it will be free but the price will be from 200 points for some weapons packs and 500 for the rare ones. Hope it comes out soon. Keep posting any info u find out about downloadable content.
It is only for dsi users.

Hatrix
Apr 2, 2010, 12:03 AM
They're actually making DLC for PSZero!? Did this happen in Japan yet even?

Mike
Apr 2, 2010, 12:06 AM
Isn't it April 2nd in Australia now? It's a little late to be making poorly thought out jokes.

FOmarRashidi
Apr 2, 2010, 12:18 AM
April Fools?

Sleeper
Apr 2, 2010, 02:40 AM
No I might be wrong with the date of release but there is definitely DlC according to the original preview and some youtube stuff. Youtube isn't the most accurate source but I trust the preview considering it was in print not just on the interweb . It is due to be released alongside PSZmini for the dsi but i do not know when that is and that might even be the japanese release date.

Mike
Apr 2, 2010, 05:20 AM
Nope. No DLC. Never has been, never will. Hope for it in some kind of a sequel, if there is one.

Chukie sue
Apr 2, 2010, 10:58 AM
Thats kinda stupid... Making it DSi/XL exclusive... Im gonna go pirate an extra game just to get back at nintendo...

Tales
Apr 2, 2010, 10:58 AM
Holy shat. I better start playing more again :o

Dragwind
Apr 2, 2010, 11:34 AM
Again, just a rumor. There is no source on this.

Kytan
Apr 2, 2010, 11:57 AM
*sigh* If it's true, then they're discriminating against DS lite users. Maybe some of use don't have the cash to get the DSi just so we can have ridiculously high dps/extra stages >_>

I know, I know, it's a business, but still =/

bryandc123
Apr 2, 2010, 01:41 PM
at the end of the, its still about the money.

Chukie sue
Apr 2, 2010, 01:48 PM
Yes, funny how as they made new DS models the quality got weaker and weaker. DS phats were so hard to break, while my DS lites have broken 3 times over the two years I've had them. and of course, they discontinued the DS phats.

FOmarRashidi
Apr 2, 2010, 02:31 PM
No I might be wrong with the date of release but there is definitely DlC according to the original preview and some youtube stuff. Youtube isn't the most accurate source but I trust the preview considering it was in print not just on the interweb . It is due to be released alongside PSZmini for the dsi but i do not know when that is and that might even be the japanese release date.

I just thought April fools on account of April 1st has been known as that and some people like to play pranks on that day. I would be more inclined to believe if there was an official information about this online.

King_Yoshi42
Apr 2, 2010, 05:56 PM
You guys realize there's no way for the DSLite to save the DLC.

With DSi DLC is saved on a seperate memory card.

kirtblue
Apr 2, 2010, 08:02 PM
ok even if sleeper is not pulling a prank im willing to bet the video he is referring to most likely is ill believe it when japan get dlc and they have yet to do so and with focusing on psp2 ITS NOT GUNNA HAPPEN!!!

Sleeper
Apr 2, 2010, 08:13 PM
I had another look at the article in the magazine. I think I was right in my original interpritation but i may have misquoted them. I remember it saying that U would require a blank sd card to transport things u have bought into the game, so natturally this is dsi only.
but I do not own the magazine in question so I may actually by it and read the whole thing.
But the video wasnt actually gamplay, it was a preview for the game talking to one of the producers. I am not playing a joke, I may just be slightly misinformed. BUT u can transport game data and weapons from Ps0 To PS0 mini so i am not sure how that will pan out.
Again this might be a rumor but it is a fairly logical one. Nintendo like making money. People buy stuff for popular game= Nintendo making lots of money.

kirtblue
Apr 2, 2010, 08:26 PM
oh im not blaming you sleeper i just dont believe it will happen also how old is the magazine and or video because the same rumor was floating around in the past based on a simalar video and we have yet to see anything of the sort

Sleeper
Apr 2, 2010, 08:29 PM
it is brand new the magazine just came out in aus. but the video is a preview so it is not as reliable
It is because PS0 came outfairly recently for Aus like at the start of this year

kirtblue
Apr 2, 2010, 09:01 PM
i dunno im just wouldnt get your hopes up

FOmarRashidi
Apr 2, 2010, 09:09 PM
It would be nice to get the DLC but I don't see it happening right now.

Sleeper
Apr 2, 2010, 11:38 PM
Yeah I aggree, if they were to make a sequel/prequel they woukd have dsl i reckon.

Mike
Apr 3, 2010, 12:33 AM
#1. There won't be any DLC for this version of Zero. It won't happen. You can hope, you can pray, you can email Sega all you want but it won't happen.

#2. A sequel / new version wouldn't have to be for the DSi. Take a look at RPG Maker DS. It supports downloads based only on the cart. RPG Maker DS is severely limited on space though. This can likely be avoided in regular games though space will still be an issue. Though if download content is going to not be free, the DSi store is probably more secure than having to run something from the cart.

Parasite159
Apr 3, 2010, 10:41 AM
DLC is extreamly doubtful for this version of the game regardless of weather you have a DSi or not.
if they were to release weapon packs for the DSi only they would need to update everyone elses gamecart in order for those items to work properly online otherwise you would be seen to be standing with a glitched weapon, normal(default) weapon or crash any game you entered because the game wouldn't know what to do about the item.