PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 Where will you go next?

BahnKnakyu
Apr 2, 2010, 03:34 AM
It takes the closing of the PC/PS2 servers for me to make the first poll on PSOW since I signed up years ago.

The question is, where will you guys be going?

I personally already was playing PSP2 JP when it first came out, and I have a small group of friends who play it so I'll be able to get my PSU fix for awhile, but I do miss having an easily accessible-to-Western-players version of PSU that we could play.

Ashura Vengeance
Apr 2, 2010, 06:17 AM
PSP2 JP personally,I have bb as well.Which I play on occasion.But mainly PSP2 JP.

Sinue_v2
Apr 2, 2010, 06:23 AM
I'll probably goof off with offline mode and play on the 360 Demo servers for a little while, but I have no doubt that some other alternative will emerge sooner or later. Once it does, I'll move there.

The innuendos dropped so far from Sega reps indicates that there is another online PS game in the works, whether it's all new or PSO on Live Arcade - so, depending on how that turns out - I may just head there. If tradition holds true, it may just be a spectacular game... but I'm not a superstitious person, and Sega's capacity for fail seems to know no bounds. We'll have to see.

I suppose it's too much to hope for Rieko Kodama/Tohru Yoshida doing the art/storyline while Yuji Naka oversees gameplay, huh?

AzureAsh
Apr 2, 2010, 06:30 AM
The Japanese AOTI PC/PS2 free course, it's better than nothing and I'll probably stay with that and Zero until the Phantasy Star Portable 2 US release. I'll probably go back to playing some of the games that I haven't gotten around to completing first.

Neith
Apr 2, 2010, 06:50 AM
JP PSP2 (I know you already know that Bahn, but other people don't :wacko: )

It's ok I guess, and has a lot of improvements from PSU. There are still flaws, and it doesn't feel as social (typing through an IM client to talk or risk using the horrendous on-screen keyboard isn't the same as talking directly in game), but it'll suffice until whatever the next Phantasy Star is (for console or PC). Even then though, I'd likely only play it if my friends were there too.

I hadn't played PSU in a while before the servers closed, but when they did it really hit home how much fun I'd had with my friends in the last few years.

Ami
Apr 2, 2010, 09:17 AM
For my PSU fix, PSPo2. And get back to playing offline. Offline!Ami is feeling so neglected ; ~;. But probably mostly PSPo2.

Other than that, I have a few DDR games that needs to get all the songs unlocked. And I got some asses of superbosses in FFX and X-2 that needs kicking.

SkywalkerPSO
Apr 2, 2010, 10:33 AM
Since the announcement of the server closing, I barely played anymore... But, now I will use my "gaming" time to play games on my PS3 that have been collecting dust such as FFXIII and Resonance of Fate.
As far as Xbox360 goes... NO thanks!! Xbox360 is just a paper weight in my house!
I would love to try out PSP2, but I don't think I could handle everything being in a foreign language. But maybe I'll give in and try it out!
I will jump back on BB for a fix every now and then too.
... there's always non-stop action on Zbattle too! Killer Instinct FTW!!! ;)

AzureAsh
Apr 2, 2010, 10:58 AM
Just wondering, is there a reasonable amount of English speaking players on PSP2? If there is, it might be worth importing. Which reminds me, I need to find a PSP analog nub.

Zorafim
Apr 2, 2010, 11:12 AM
I thought the problem with PC servers was that nobody was playing them to begin with.

Kizeragi
Apr 2, 2010, 11:50 AM
Monster Hunter Frontier and Tri for me. ^^

I just don't feel like starting all over again at PSU, and it wouldn't be the same without the usual friends. =p

I'm considering PSPo2 as well though.

MegaZoneXE
Apr 2, 2010, 12:14 PM
Monster hunter Tri Wii for me..if anyone want to add my FC, PM me

StamiStar
Apr 2, 2010, 12:29 PM
PSPo2 for me. :D and can finally play Pokemon HeartGold!

Immovable One
Apr 2, 2010, 12:42 PM
uhhh..... Final Fantasy XI....

BWS-1
Apr 2, 2010, 12:47 PM
I got back into PSU a day before the announcement concerning the closure of the servers.. and since the announcement, I didn't spend much time on the RO server I'm on. I'll go back to that and try to discover more of the world there. I really wanna get to Mechanic at some point. Got a lot to do.

Or10n
Apr 2, 2010, 02:32 PM
Holding out for a private server XD, but may go to the PC JP servers if nothing else works out.

^_^;

dias_flac_0g
Apr 2, 2010, 02:42 PM
All you guys should have moved to 360 psu long ago!

I started playing Psu on ps2 when it first came out then PC then played AOI for about 3 months on pc and after that I knew the PC servers were a sinking ship so I had to jump to the 360 side and totaly loved it. People told me that i had to start from lvl 1 and get new high end gear but it was all good it was rather fun :)

Jumping onto the 360 now isn't all that worth it. I mean i'm sure we still have about a year of life but other than that who knows. It will just be a slap in your face again. Seeing as you would be working hard on your 360 chars only for the servers to close again.

As for myself i'm straight chillin I enjoyed my psu time on 360.

Night SSc7
Apr 2, 2010, 02:47 PM
not giving sega any more money after this crap and I think everyone should do the same

that said, ffxi is where I'll remain

Mighty Earth Sage
Apr 2, 2010, 02:52 PM
I've officially migrated back to the 360 server.

I've also been playing the hell out of the Digimon Battle Online beta recently. I've only played for the first 20 minutes after I signed up but I already have my Digimon from a level 1 Gigimon to a level 11 Guilmon. I'm most likely gonna play more today.

Leah
Apr 2, 2010, 04:31 PM
FFXI. I've been getting used to this thing we get called "updates".

I'll check out a private server if it ever comes to fruition. SEGA probably won't see money from me ever again.

VanHalen
Apr 2, 2010, 05:19 PM
Many other games.

Ce'Nedra
Apr 2, 2010, 05:27 PM
If i get to unbrick my PSP im gonna get PSUP2 or play PSUP1.

If not i might dust of my gamecube for online PSO but not sure. I also still have FFXIII to play as well. Maaaaybe i start offline mode AotI again.

Other then that i'm not sure yet :/ i'm also downloading the Free Course of PSU JP so i might hop on there.

unicorn
Apr 2, 2010, 05:51 PM
NIPPON!!!

Noblewine
Apr 2, 2010, 09:03 PM
I'll focus on playing Phantasy Star Portable and phantasy Star Zero. I've been playing those abit since it went down.
I can't really get absorbed into anything serious I've been thinking about finding a job.

DarK-SuN
Apr 2, 2010, 09:10 PM
I put in PSUJP, but I'm also playing PSP2JP, so if there was an option for both, that'd be it.
All of this just to keep me tied up till the next Phantasy Star game really (and will stick to the JP version only, not gonna make the same mistake three times this time around, twice was enough).

Poignantswine
Apr 3, 2010, 12:22 AM
Quit the PC/PS2 server months ago. Monster Hunter is calling my name. I've been sitting on a pre-order for Tri since February. Been playing PSzero a lot.

ChibiBecca
Apr 3, 2010, 09:47 AM
we have no 360 or psp, my computer is not good enough to run PSU and i'm not giving sega any more of my money for the forseeable future. our DS has a broken hinge so playing PSzero is a bit tricky.
holding out for the private servers too, if they are ever made.

in the meantime i'll go make more plushies in the shape of food, and play me some zelda games~

Ash1ey
Apr 3, 2010, 10:35 AM
I'll continue playing JP PSP2 every now and then

lostinseganet
Apr 3, 2010, 04:00 PM
I think I will get guild wars

Mimo
Apr 3, 2010, 04:04 PM
I'd like to try JP side, but I might wait on it a bit. In the mean time I'll finish playing PSP and on DS. :3

thunder-ray
Apr 4, 2010, 03:07 AM
Im going to play A different online game for now (I might try psp2 in the future I havent decied yet). For now im just going to play MW2 for the time.

Zeek123
Apr 4, 2010, 01:00 PM
we have no 360 or psp, my computer is not good enough to run PSU and i'm not giving sega any more of my money for the forseeable future. our DS has a broken hinge so playing PSzero is a bit tricky.
holding out for the private servers too, if they are ever made.

in the meantime i'll go make more plushies in the shape of food, and play me some zelda games~

Haha. Jeez, everything's just falling apart on you, huh?

If you got a PS3, there's like 10 games that just went on Player's Choice. inFamous is one of them, which is a phenomenal game.

And just out of curiosity, how would you play the private servers if your PC couldn't handle it? There's always the ones for PSO, which you could run on a 20 year-old Mac /sarcasm

Ryudo
Apr 5, 2010, 11:33 AM
Already moved to White Knight Chronicles for now, it's pretty fun, kinda similar to PSU and no monthly fees.

Will be watching out for the next incarnation of PSO/PSU

Kinako78
Apr 5, 2010, 11:38 AM
Guild Wars and Destiny Online, until PSP2 comes out here. I'll also try to get back to playing Phantasy Star Zero, if my Nintendo wi-fi adapter still works (my router went kaput -_-).

Ail
Apr 6, 2010, 06:06 AM
spend all the time with my girlfriend. of course :love: (and play many other games when she's not here :-P )

gratefulgriz
Apr 6, 2010, 12:10 PM
I'll go back to hiking in the woods, waiting for a new PS game. In the meantime, if I am not outdoors, I will be playing Shining Force or PSIV

Ezodagrom
Apr 6, 2010, 12:47 PM
*votes other*
I'm going to be...lurking the forums... :3

DarkShadowX
Apr 6, 2010, 04:47 PM
I'll still be lurking around on the forums keeping watch from time to time. RL keeps me busy, between Work and my Wife :P. On the gaming front I'll probably just be on my PS3 for the most part, still have to finish FFXIII and Star Ocean 4 with the occasional Modern Warfare 2 on the side. I'll still be on the lookout for the next PS game but until then this will keep me occupied, along with FFXIV or DCUO(whichever comes out first lol) I may even dabble back into PSOBB for a bit, who knows....

Rust
Apr 6, 2010, 05:01 PM
Once I'll be able to replace my craptop with a decent computer, I'll go back to DDO and take on Borderlands with a friend.TERA Online and The Secret World are online games I'd want to give a try as well.

In the meantime, just doing some offline games and focusing on tabletop RPGs. Not like I've been playing to PSU before the server closed anyways, so yeah.

Palle
Apr 6, 2010, 05:09 PM
Tabletop sounds fun. If only I had old friends to play with and not $1100 worth of books collecting dust.

Noodling around on PSUJP while I wait to see if MHF360 will make it stateside will have to suffice...

Kinako78
Apr 7, 2010, 11:22 AM
Oh, I'll also be lurking here and Gamestop's website for news on a US release date for PSP2.