PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU What are my chances?

Palle
Apr 2, 2010, 04:56 PM
...with all the hubbub I thought I'd just take a peek at my old account and see if I could still hop on, but apparently none of the passwords I used to employ are working. I'm pretty sure I remember my PSU ID correctly, and have attempted to retrieve the passwords, but the response email doesn't arrive.

Looking over the password retrieval info, I assume I'm entering something wrong, cos I'm pretty sure I converted from SEGA Link to PSU ID back when it was required. [2007?]

Has anyone had to go through the password retrieval process? Is it slow or do I just have a bad memory?

EDIT:

So I fired up the game thinking I could check the network info, but that didn't work out since vanilla PSU is blocked from network mode.

Since I get PSUAdmin emails from ISAO at two different email addresses [even though I only have one account?!], I sketched out and entered every combination of PSU ID and password for each address, but haven't gotten a response. At this point... I am guessing that the account is closed. Weird that I'd still get update emails though...

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 2, 2010, 08:15 PM
Check your billing info, and make sure that your account is active.

Palle
Apr 2, 2010, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the response.

Are you referring to my CC statement? I subscribed with prepaid NetCash cards purchased from Lawson, which I'm fairly certain is the only way I ever paid. I'm assuming there's no way to check billing info SEGA-side without logging in...

...it's okay though, it was a shot in the dark. I didn't want to buy AotI without knowing if my characters were still there, even if I had given all my money away to strangers. Now I'll hang on to my $50 instead.

re
Apr 3, 2010, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the response.

Are you referring to my CC statement? I subscribed with prepaid NetCash cards purchased from Lawson, which I'm fairly certain is the only way I ever paid. I'm assuming there's no way to check billing info SEGA-side without logging in...

...it's okay though, it was a shot in the dark. I didn't want to buy AotI without knowing if my characters were still there, even if I had given all my money away to strangers. Now I'll hang on to my $50 instead.

i've had to recover password a couple times,
username and email address required

if you have not deleted all of your past emails you can probably search it for you login and use one of those email address

i dont think aoti is $50 anymore you may not need the key and just need to download it from sega's website

Palle
Apr 3, 2010, 02:32 PM
i've had to recover password a couple times,
username and email address required

if you have not deleted all of your past emails you can probably search it for you login and use one of those email address

i dont think aoti is $50 anymore you may not need the key and just need to download it from sega's website
Funny that, I went through my saved mail folders and found nothing, but it wasn't until I searched for "PSUID" that something came back which I hadn't seen. Good on you for reminding me, thanks.

So now I have these old NetCash cards which can only be used for GC [really?], but I am only registered for Free Course. Wouldn't I need a new Illuminus Game Key [i.e. a $50 copy of AotI] to register for Premium Course?

SuKKrl
Apr 3, 2010, 02:38 PM
Funny that, I went through my saved mail folders and found nothing, but it wasn't until I searched for "PSUID" that something came back which I hadn't seen. Good on you for reminding me, thanks.

So now I have these old NetCash cards which can only be used for GC [really?], but I am only registered for Free Course. Wouldn't I need a new Illuminus Game Key [i.e. a $50 copy of AotI] to register for Premium Course?

The JP Illuminus key costs $10 online.

Palle
Apr 3, 2010, 02:41 PM
So a used copy of the game would be sufficient. Alright then, I'll pick one up later tonight. Many thanks for the clarifications!

SuKKrl
Apr 3, 2010, 03:09 PM
So a used copy of the game would be sufficient. Alright then, I'll pick one up later tonight. Many thanks for the clarifications!

Not talking about used copies (sorry, didn't make it clear enough ^^;) you can buy it from their site (their site = PSUJP billing site), it costs around $10 and gives you some days free (don't remember exactly how many free days)

Palle
Apr 3, 2010, 03:19 PM
Not talking about used copies (sorry, didn't make it clear enough ^^;) you can buy it from their site (their site = PSUJP billing site), it costs around $10 and gives you some days free (don't remember exactly how many free days)
Right, there were two options for Illuminus/Premium Course; AFAIK, one is EC [convenience store?] and the other is PC/PS2 with [I think] ten days free. I'd have to opt for the latter but since I have to buy the physical PS2 disc I wanted to make sure that there wouldn't be an issue with the Game Key from a pre-owned disc.

You know, I probably should have mentioned that several posts ago.

:disapprove:

re
Apr 4, 2010, 01:39 AM
Right, there were two options for Illuminus/Premium Course; AFAIK, one is EC [convenience store?] and the other is PC/PS2 with [I think] ten days free. I'd have to opt for the latter but since I have to buy the physical PS2 disc I wanted to make sure that there wouldn't be an issue with the Game Key from a pre-owned disc.

You know, I probably should have mentioned that several posts ago.

:disapprove:

i think you can just get the game key from the website and use it with the used ps2 disc

Palle
Apr 4, 2010, 01:52 AM
Right, I'll be trying it shortly. Thanks very much!

Palle
Apr 10, 2010, 03:21 PM
Game copy arrived today, Premium Course registration appears to have worked as expected. My first account is gone [bye-bye, 37k ID], second account looks good to go.

Thanks to all for the help setting up, now to explore what I'll be missing out on with the PS2 version.