PDA

View Full Version : Weapon question

LightFighterX
Apr 7, 2010, 11:08 AM
So i have a JellTwin Carbines and a Blade Cannon, both grinded to the max. Since the blade cannon has a much higher attack, you would think 1 hit from it would at least do more than 2 bullets from the twin carbines, but it doesn't. At my level, the carbines do 60ish for 2 bullets while the blade cannon does 50ish for 1 slash.

Is this normal or not?

Megatron0088
Apr 7, 2010, 11:18 AM
So i have a JellTwin Carbines and a Blade Cannon, both grinded to the max. Since the blade cannon has a much higher attack, you would think 1 hit from it would at least do more than 1 bullet from the twin carbines, but it doesn't. At my level, the carbines do 60ish per bullet while the blade cannon does 50ish per slash.

Anyone know why this would happen?

Maybe the higher attack percentage is on the twin cabines. or maybe it has a higher percentage against the enemies u fought. i have a blade cannon too so i assume that is the reason.

LightFighterX
Apr 7, 2010, 11:23 AM
I was testing it out on the Acra plant, which has mechs, and I did photon synthesis a 10% mech to the twin carbines. Would that change it up that much?

Parasite159
Apr 7, 2010, 11:32 AM
photon efficiency + any enemies weaknesses to a specific type of attack(melee/ranger/tech) can make all the diffrence

LightFighterX
Apr 7, 2010, 11:36 AM
I switched over to Gurhacia Valley and it made such a difference. Since both had 0% in native, the gun did 30ish for each bullet while the blade cannon did 70ish per slash.

Thanks for the help. :D

leviayurashyguy
Apr 7, 2010, 11:36 AM
*facepalm* i'll answer before loads of incorrect info flood this topic

enemies have resistances, both to the magical elements (fire, ice, thunder) and to the physical (melee and gun). depending on what stage you fight on, enemies have higher resistance to certain attacks.

for example: Stagg have much lower gun and fire resists than say Ghowl that have inverted resistance

depending on what stage you play on will depend on the majority of weaknesses. mech gun are gun but gunblade slashes are melee and shots are gun

a comprehensive chart to hostile resistances are represented in the below topic:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174058

Maverick_Arcane
Apr 7, 2010, 11:53 AM
Who wants to play?

chibiLegolas
Apr 7, 2010, 11:56 AM
Oh wow! I've been looking for this chart and some how missed it in the guides section.
Thanks! No wonder my Ramar seems weaker than usual in certain situations.

Dragwind
Apr 8, 2010, 05:02 PM
*facepalm* i'll answer before loads of incorrect info flood this topic

enemies have resistances, both to the magical elements (fire, ice, thunder) and to the physical (melee and gun). depending on what stage you fight on, enemies have higher resistance to certain attacks.

for example: Stagg have much lower gun and fire resists than say Ghowl that have inverted resistance

depending on what stage you play on will depend on the majority of weaknesses. mech gun are gun but gunblade slashes are melee and shots are gun

a comprehensive chart to hostile resistances are represented in the below topic:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174058

^ this.

Resistances play a big role on your damage output, so plan and gear accordingly.

derekuu
Apr 8, 2010, 07:00 PM
i have a question what is the name of the red/black katana.. ( i think its the only katana in the game ).. please reply