PDA

View Full Version : MSN Phantasy Star now with Vent!

zeital
Apr 10, 2010, 05:01 AM
Izuna made a very nice Independent Review of this group and u can find it here
http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9042191
Thankyou Izuna!

We have now opened up a vent server for the MSN Phantasy Star the server info is within the group its self ~~

[SPOILER-BOX]
Host name= DAL20.cgservers.com
port 2215[/SPOILER-BOX]

If u do have a problem getting the group working troubleshoot here or ask one of the GM/Admins in the group

And the most important bit the email u need to add: [email protected]

We look forward to seeing u all on the MSN Phantasy Star!!

The MSN group is now opening its doors to the community of PSP2 players!

This is great news as anyone who is alredy in the group will tell u its a very easy way to find friend and party members so we hope to welcome all the PSP2 members as well, so i hope to see u all joining us soon ^^

All u have to do is add the group email like a normal contact in your IM
BE aware that this works best on the newest version on windows live messenger, but here is a list of other IMs it can work on (from the IMgroups help page)

ATT: The WLM for 2011 the newest one is it VERY bugged and also doesn't seems to let the group run at its full or at all we recommend u stay with any of the ones listed below

IMGroups Web Chat (Web, supporting, recommended)
Windows Live Messenger (2009, Windows, supporting, recommended)
aMSN (Windows, Mac OS, Linux/UNIX, FreeBSD, Maemo 5, supporting, recommended)
Meebo (Web, iPhone, Android, Windows Mobile, Symbian, Blackberry, Other Mobile, recommended)
Trillian (Windows, Mac OS, iPhone, BlackBerry, Web)
Adium (Mac OS, recommended)
eBuddy (Web, iPhone, Android, Other Mobile, recommended)
Miranda IM (Windows)
Pidgin (Windows)
Digsby (Windows)

TIPS/useful stuff to know:

Q: How do I open the 'Activity Panel'?

A: There is a few ways, normally it will auto send an invite for the Panel but if u happen to close it u can send a nudge, /nudge or /open for MSN users OR for Yahoo /buzz.

Q: How do I change my group name?

A: In the 'Activity Panel' there is a tab called 'Setting' in there u can change your group name, u WILL NOT see a difference on your msn but everyone else will, just ask to see if it showing up right. We normally like to have your nickname and FC in your group name to make it easier for people to add u.

Let me know if u have any more questions or if u want me to put a Q&A up that u found useful XD

Syonu
Apr 10, 2010, 07:45 PM
I highly recommend that anyone looking for new and cool people to play to become a member of this group. If you're fed up with Free Play shenanigans or need some folks to power level you, we have people of ALL level ranges in the group for you to play with.

Our members are also from all across the world as well, so no matter when you get on, chances are there will be several people for you to play with.

zeital
Apr 11, 2010, 05:28 AM
will still need more people! we also have a vent that one of the GM's has set up, find out more when u join XD

zeital
Apr 12, 2010, 05:50 AM
bump need to keep this up hewre for everyone to see XD

zeital
Apr 14, 2010, 05:30 PM
bbbbbuuuummmmmmpppp

P6N
Apr 15, 2010, 01:33 PM
Hrrrm, trying to find... the group... :P

zeital
Apr 17, 2010, 12:08 AM
BUUMMPP!

Syonu
Apr 17, 2010, 12:58 AM
Come on people. I always see people complaining about Freeplay. Join this group, and never again will you have to put up with it!

zeital
Apr 18, 2010, 11:25 PM
i agree with Syonu, enough off freeplay baddies and have some good times with us XD

LittleBirdy
Apr 18, 2010, 11:50 PM
sweet, hope this chat stays active

zeital
Apr 18, 2010, 11:54 PM
well we have been around for a while now, most of us go on at lest once a day

zeital
Apr 23, 2010, 08:18 AM
bump to the top XD

trancerxboi
Apr 23, 2010, 09:06 PM
hmm I am quite confused

zeital
Apr 25, 2010, 03:47 AM
hmm I am quite confused

well u got it working so u must have sorted it out XD

zeital
Apr 26, 2010, 08:43 PM
bumpbump

Sace
Apr 28, 2010, 04:37 AM
Great group to join with a interesting mix of people always a fun time.

Ech01
Apr 29, 2010, 11:45 PM
This is the real deal guys. It's super easy to get a party going in all difficulties in here.

DaRkWoLf30
Apr 30, 2010, 04:11 PM
Plus it has really cool people.

reuxx
May 4, 2010, 08:08 PM
So, I added it as a normal contact on MSN. It shows in my buddy list that the email address is offline. Am I missing something?

Edited - Nevermind I got it. It wasnt working on Meebo for some reason.

zeital
May 7, 2010, 05:36 AM
bump we just keep getting better, everyone is welcome

Kastore
May 7, 2010, 02:51 PM
=) It's an awesome group~

LSukora
May 9, 2010, 07:11 PM
i feel retarded i cant figure this out lol

Kastore
May 10, 2010, 09:31 AM
Do you still need help?

zeital
May 10, 2010, 10:55 PM
i feel retarded i cant figure this out lol

just tell us wat probs ur having, we r happy to help

zeital
May 16, 2010, 09:53 PM
bumping for new people on PSOW

zeital
May 19, 2010, 12:12 AM
bump again

Kastore
May 20, 2010, 10:59 AM
Bump :)

zeital
May 24, 2010, 02:03 AM
bump ~ XD

Addy
May 24, 2010, 05:31 AM
Btw, thanks for showing me how this worked. XD

Also good night! <3

TaciturnBadger
May 24, 2010, 10:29 PM
Okay, so I "added" the group to my Yahoo! messenger list.. but I don't see it anywhere. I haven't used this function before.. am I missing a step?

Yazan
May 27, 2010, 09:02 PM
hey how u add i don't really use my yahoo much can i just add the email

zeital
May 31, 2010, 06:03 PM
Okay, so I "added" the group to my Yahoo! messenger list.. but I don't see it anywhere. I haven't used this function before.. am I missing a step?

erm, sry i haven't been around much, i'll have to find the troble shoot link for u abit later so look out for a change to this post!

hey how u add i don't really use my yahoo much can i just add the email

easy its just add it like any other person u would add to ur IM provider

zeital
Jun 4, 2010, 10:07 PM
bump~~~

Kastore
Jun 7, 2010, 08:49 PM
Bumpdate~! (You see what I did there? :P) MSN Zero is now cooler than ever!

Cruciarius
Jun 12, 2010, 10:20 PM
Maybe it's just because I'm using Adium, but this chat thing sucked. I'll stick to the boards and Free Play.

Ech01
Jun 12, 2010, 10:58 PM
Maybe it's just because I'm using Adium, but this chat thing sucked. I'll stick to the boards and Free Play.

Good luck NEVER having anyone to play with, and waiting like 40 minutes every time you wanna play. That's what happens when you use a Mac.

...is what I wanted to say when read your post.

You shouldn't just say something sucks, when no one from the group even remembers talking to you. You probably just logged in for 30 seconds and left. Try Windows Live for Mac, it works heaps better.

Yeah the group sometimes goes off-topic and stuff, but it's still a ton better than waiting 40 minutes on a message board just HOPING someone will wanna play with you. Not to mention using the group is nice because you have all these friends that are looking out for you.

Perfect example: The other day someone was hunting a Soniti Soul and didn't find it. Obviously everyone read about it, and the next time we did a run another member found it, and just gave it to him.

Obviously that won't happen for every item you want or whatever, but it's just a better social environment for playing a game like this.

Cruciarius
Jun 13, 2010, 10:03 AM
Actually, I was on a good half hour or an hour. Talked to people about Barnes & Nobles. Their were around 13 people on.

Anyway, Mac isn't the issue. It's likely just how Adium handles the group. It had all incoming messages grouped as 1 person with the message + time stamp. No individual names. Which is odd since I've done group chats with MSN users before and it didn't do that. Couldn't even do most of the commands the /help thing listed.

As for your so-called 40 minute wait, that never happens. At most, I might wait 5 minutes, when looking for a Free Play game. Maybe something is wrong with your network, if you wait 40 minutes.

The suggestion of using the official MSN messenger is funny. That thing is garbage. It's highly unstable (crashes often). As with all M$ software, it sucks.

Ech01
Jun 13, 2010, 09:07 PM
I meant 40-minute waits on the boards. Free Play sucks, and should never even be considered if you actually want to get something done. At least you admit that it's Adium that sucks, unlike earlier where you implied our group sucks.

As far as Microsoft goes, well, that's just ironic that you'd use a $ when Apple's stuff is almost always more expensive. If you meant how much they make, you'd be right, considering that PC's have over 90% of the market share, but that's irrelevant apparently. Well, at least the "M$" messenger can actually display names properly. *shrugs*

Cruciarius
Jun 14, 2010, 10:37 AM
Adium doesn't suck. It's just how it handled the group. I've been in group chats with it before that functioned just fine.

I use a $ when talking about Microsoft, because they have so much money, but their stuff sucks. Xbox is known for it's 50%+ fail rate. Windows is known for it's viruses and blue screens of death. Zune is known for over heating, which causes the screen to crack. They also don't develop much themselves. They just buy it, slap their own name on it, then sell it. Xbox and that motion sensor system for Xbox are two perfect examples of things M$ bought from other people. They even bought Bungie, which caused them to make crap games.

Apple charges what they do, because of their higher quality hardware. Also, last I checked, Apple had more than 10% of the market, which means Windows has less than 90%. Both Mac and Windows are PCs, by the way. PC = Personal Computer = any computer owned by an individual.

As for the M$ messenger service, it's horrible. Messages aren't always sent. I have both Windows and Mac user friends who confirm this. The official MSN Mac messenger is unstable, which means it crashes often. Typical M$ software quality.

Ech01
Jun 14, 2010, 01:34 PM
If you're not saying Adium sucks, then you're saying the group sucks. If you feel that way, fine, leave. Just know that a good sized group of people disagree with you.

PC is a Colloquialism that refers to IBM-compatible computers, and you know this, you're just splitting hairs.

Who even cares about this anyway? If you don't like using MSN to play PSZ, fine, just don't go around talking **** about it, because it's users (e.g., myself) might get offended.

DaRkWoLf30
Jun 14, 2010, 01:54 PM
Cruciarius,

Just because your experience with the group wasn't great because you use a shitty msn type messenger. Don't go saying the group sucks. I happen to use it and its fine. Just leave this topic if you don't like the group. Btw, Who cares if Microsoft buys their products, so do many other companies. If you don't like Microsoft than shut up, no one else really cares about all the junk your spitting, don't support the company if you don't want to.

Cruciarius
Jun 15, 2010, 07:04 PM
Excuse me, but all I did was express how the group (system in general, not the PSZ group specifically) functioned with Adium. Doing so resulted in attacks on Mac and Adium, so I felt the need to defend them. If you don't think you should ever defend something you love, maybe you lack a heart.

zeital
Jun 15, 2010, 07:10 PM
Cruciarius as echo and dark said there is no need to go bitching about something just cuz u couldn't get it to work right, we have a few mac users that use the mac msn or other IM's just fine and i am offended that u have said that the group sucks, i've worked hard, well everyone has, to make it a place where everyone can just have fun or chill out and we will continue to do so

on that note bump

Cruciarius
Jun 15, 2010, 08:36 PM
Again, I apparently need to clarify something with you.

I have NOT stated that the PSZ MSN group sucks. Simply that it apparently doesn't work well with Adium, though I have had group chats (not a "group", like this, but just a chat with a few friends) that functioned flawlessly.

I'm not bashing this group.
I'm not saying Adium sucks. It's the best all-in-one messenger available on the Mac, for those who hate running several messengers.

I don't know how many times I need to repeat myself. Try reading my posts and not jumping to conclusions, which cause off-topic arguments about OS.

Ech01
Jun 15, 2010, 09:10 PM
Again, I apparently need to clarify something with you.

I'm not bashing this group.
I'm not saying Adium sucks.

Please, clarify away.

Cruciarius
Jun 15, 2010, 09:18 PM
When I said "chat thing", I was referring to the group chat. Not specifically the PSZ group itself, just group chats in general. It was the first time I'd ever tried a "group[numbers] (at) groupsim dot com" conversation before. Having a few friends in 1 chat together, works fine. Apparently it's not the same as what this is.

Sace
Jun 17, 2010, 09:26 PM
Anyway yea group is still going strong we just had a few new people join last night always a good time. Friendly player group all are welcome.

zeital
Jun 24, 2010, 06:46 AM
bummppp

SadieTheSadist
Jun 24, 2010, 11:20 AM
i reaaaaaaaaally wanna join

...but i can't figure it out for the life of me

zeital
Jun 26, 2010, 01:23 AM
i reaaaaaaaaally wanna join

...but i can't figure it out for the life of me

what IM are u using and on what plat PC or mac OS?

zeital
Jul 1, 2010, 12:32 AM
bump~~ still the best way to find a PSZ party in no time at all XD

Sace
Jul 2, 2010, 10:14 PM
bump lol

DoubleJG
Jul 3, 2010, 12:54 AM
Glad I found this thread. Seems like a good group. To whomever Elk is, sorry about getting D/C'd so early into it tonight. My router funked out for a little bit D:

PSZFann
Jul 4, 2010, 02:17 AM
i dont get it how does it work

zeital
Jul 8, 2010, 09:56 PM
bumppp

Ranmaru
Jul 9, 2010, 01:49 PM
Hmmm, well I will join this soon, since I do use MSN. : D I just got PSZ yesterday, haha. I definitly don't mind playing with anyone. ;D

Sace
Jul 14, 2010, 04:58 AM
Glad I found this thread. Seems like a good group. To whomever Elk is, sorry about getting D/C'd so early into it tonight. My router funked out for a little bit D:

Im Elk lol and np just whenever you wanna play again just pop in.

Sace
Jul 14, 2010, 04:59 AM
i dont get it how does it work

Whats the problem?

Kfenton
Jul 15, 2010, 05:25 PM
I mainly use MSN and Yahoo myself. I mainly play as a FOmar.

Malkavian
Jul 17, 2010, 01:20 PM
Im connected right now but I cant see who is there and only one person said something

zeital
Jul 18, 2010, 10:31 PM
^what OS or IM u using?

zeital
Jul 22, 2010, 06:23 AM
bbuuummmppp

Ranmaru
Jul 22, 2010, 06:27 AM
Hmmm. Well I remember using Trillian and noticed different text colours but it seemed as though it was the same person. Each one had the words GM next to it. Never mind, it says MSN Zero next to it.

But i go on there sometimes to see who wants to play. : D

zeital
Jul 23, 2010, 12:07 AM
^ it sometimes does that when it added to a IM it doesn't really suport, it will just come up with the name of the group rather then the players names

Ranmaru
Jul 23, 2010, 11:45 AM
Ah I see, I'll get on later. :3

Vanzazikon
Jul 23, 2010, 01:41 PM
I was bored so I joined.

Ranmaru
Jul 23, 2010, 01:43 PM
Lol I'll be on it later see u there :3

zeital
Jul 26, 2010, 11:25 PM
bbbuuummppp~

Hagaishi
Jul 29, 2010, 07:07 PM
Just poppoing up wanted to say hi!:D

zeital
Jul 30, 2010, 09:31 PM
bbuummpp~

zeital
Jul 31, 2010, 10:49 PM
bbbuuummp again~~

LassiSoul
Jul 31, 2010, 10:54 PM
5156-7522-8423
Nickname:esther

PSZFann
Aug 2, 2010, 12:52 AM
ok i added the contact ...NOW WHAT

PSZFann
Aug 2, 2010, 12:54 AM
Whats the problem?

i added the contact .... is it suposed to happen like magic... what am i suposed to do to start chating

zeital
Aug 3, 2010, 03:39 AM
^ sorry that i didn't catch u here but u seem to have gotten it working now XD

zeital
Aug 3, 2010, 07:31 AM
ok quick update for today the help pages have finally listed IM's that are recommended for the group or ones it can work on to I’ve added that to the 1st post, also (I hope) made it clearer about how to add the groups email and that’s it for now

zeital
Aug 4, 2010, 11:16 PM
buuummp~

xmoonprismpowerx
Aug 5, 2010, 03:33 AM
Is there a thread like this, but for PSU players? :o this sounds amazing.

zeital
Aug 5, 2010, 03:38 AM
erm no i don't think there is....

Copperbones
Aug 5, 2010, 09:01 PM
OK so...I'm confused xD Basically, I downloaded windows live messenger, and added the group into my contacts. So...now what? It says it is "offline"

PSZFann
Aug 6, 2010, 08:35 AM
I LOVE IT... just wish my friends that i had before MSNzero had it... >.>

zeital
Aug 9, 2010, 12:09 AM
bbbuuummmp!

zeital
Aug 11, 2010, 10:41 PM
bump bump bump~

rickfrior
Aug 12, 2010, 09:48 PM
I'm in!!! :p

Many ways to relive PSZ!

VanDrake
Aug 12, 2010, 10:17 PM
Let me join plox :p Rick's bro here

zeital
Aug 15, 2010, 06:33 AM
bbbuuumppppp~

Maiya
Aug 15, 2010, 08:21 AM
I love to play PSZ!
I wish I can meet new people too since I'm sorta new to this website by a few days.

rickfrior
Aug 15, 2010, 11:20 AM
I love to play PSZ!
I wish I can meet new people too since I'm sorta new to this website by a few days.

Of course you will! ^^

I hope the PSZ Forums will continue to live on too.

Pirrip
Aug 16, 2010, 04:19 AM
I just joined! ^_^

Xelor
Aug 16, 2010, 03:23 PM
Sent e-mail.

zeital
Aug 16, 2010, 08:11 PM
Sent e-mail.

what do u mean sent email?
this isn't an email adress pre say, its just a "contact" that u add to your IM

Xelor
Aug 16, 2010, 08:58 PM
Yea just realized that I got an error. I added now. My bad.

So how exactly do I join? Just add and IM you?

zeital
Aug 18, 2010, 07:17 AM
yea which IM are u using?

Chukie sue
Aug 20, 2010, 12:15 PM
Um so... I wouldn't mind discussing some PSZ ina chat, but what do I need to download? I have an email on yahoo :x

Xelor
Aug 20, 2010, 02:21 PM
Windows via eBuddy.

zeital
Aug 21, 2010, 01:29 AM
Um so... I wouldn't mind discussing some PSZ ina chat, but what do I need to download? I have an email on yahoo :x

yahoo works as well jusy try adding the contact i have, if it doesn't work i can give u one that can also be used for yahoo

Naruuchiha1313
Aug 21, 2010, 02:07 PM
does it work with gmail chat?

Conker534
Aug 22, 2010, 06:24 PM
I joined

zeital
Aug 25, 2010, 09:53 PM
does it work with gmail chat?

i'm not sure

BUT

on a good note, we are opening the doors to the PSP2 community as well!
renamed MSN Phantasy we will now be useing this group for PSZ and PSP2 XD

Helix183
Aug 26, 2010, 12:22 AM
i tried to join earlier tonight but it says i have to be invited. Is anyone available to do that?

zeital
Aug 26, 2010, 01:29 AM
i tried to join earlier tonight but it says i have to be invited. Is anyone available to do that?

the group is free for anyone to join there shouldn't be a pass needed 0o

Helix183
Aug 26, 2010, 04:14 AM
I dont understand. I just installed windows live messenger, then added the group address to my contacts list. It shows "msn0" as offline, and I don't know what happens next.

I think it said it was a private group and i had to apply after adding it to my list somehow, but it needed a group mod to approve it first.

zeital
Aug 26, 2010, 04:37 AM
I dont understand. I just installed windows live messenger, then added the group address to my contacts list. It shows "msn0" as offline, and I don't know what happens next.

I think it said it was a private group and i had to apply after adding it to my list somehow, but it needed a group mod to approve it first.

it shouldn't be doing that, and the groups website don't have much in the way of trobleshotting

but i DO know that it shouldn't be asking for a pass or mod to add u

Helix183
Aug 26, 2010, 04:57 AM
Okay, it works now. I just needed to try again.

zeital
Sep 3, 2010, 04:35 AM
bbump

zeital
Sep 8, 2010, 08:41 PM
bumps for updates etc.

Resanoca
Sep 10, 2010, 08:30 PM
Why is it offline now? D: (MSN)

zeital
Sep 14, 2010, 07:34 PM
Why is it offline now? D: (MSN)

the gorup was down for almost all day a few days ago now, either it was that or i need to help u with something

pixelsgirl
Sep 16, 2010, 12:42 AM
i just joind psow and iv never used skype im not sure how to do this how do i join this chat ??

Ranmaru
Sep 16, 2010, 11:06 AM
hi guys, I've been busy with LIFE. : ]

Pirrip
Oct 24, 2010, 07:00 PM
Is it just me or is the chat offline for now?

Ghoul
Oct 24, 2010, 07:35 PM
It's offline for now.... Lawl. :/
Which really sucks.

Pirrip
Oct 24, 2010, 09:12 PM
Ya srsly...

zeital
Dec 10, 2010, 06:48 AM
now its been ages form when i have updated this tread so read it up in the 1st page

Resanoca
Jan 17, 2011, 05:50 AM
I am wooshing this thread. :D