PDA

View Full Version : 360 offline aoti

Gibdozer
Apr 11, 2010, 09:57 AM
So no patch for the ps2/pc community to download there PSU online content. That is sad and honestly a little mean, but they can still play the aoti game they bought offline.

Well, as 360 players we can't expect some miracle patch that will allow us to download our characters and items to the HDD. What about the game itself though, the aoti download.

What do you think can we expect a patch that will give us access to the game that we paid for. I understand that under the TOS we have no rights to data on Sega servers, does that extent to the game content we downloaded? should it? Or as a consumer do I have the right to expect the games I buy to be playable?

I suppose you could claim that aoti is just an expansion, but since it's a stand alone game for ps2/pc there is also a strong argument to the contrary.

Max B
Apr 11, 2010, 12:20 PM
lol there are many online game that are online only no suprises here

DragonStriker
Apr 11, 2010, 01:14 PM
So no patch for the ps2/pc community to download there PSU online content. That is sad and honestly a little mean, but they can still play the aoti game they bought offline.

Well, as 360 players we can't expect some miracle patch that will allow us to download our characters and items to the HDD. What about the game itself though, the aoti download.

What do you think can we expect a patch that will give us access to the game that we paid for. I understand that under the TOS we have no rights to data on Sega servers, does that extent to the game content we downloaded? should it? Or as a consumer do I have the right to expect the games I buy to be playable?

I suppose you could claim that aoti is just an expansion, but since it's a stand alone game for ps2/pc there is also a strong argument to the contrary.

They closed the PC/PS2 server because they were losing money, why would they spend more money to allow people to download their characters? Let alone waste their money to give 360 players that option, obviously money is tight and spending it so people can play 360 offline would be dumb.

People just need to get over this whole "OMG SEGA IS JUST RANDUMLY SHUTTEN DOWN OUR SERVORS", we all knew it was coming and why it was coming, and SEGA had to do it. If anything be angry about the lack of people who actually paid for their subscriptions and SEGA for having poor service making what few players the server had quit.

SpikeOtacon
Apr 11, 2010, 03:59 PM
I don't have faith that 360 players will be able to access their content when the servers go down. There'll be no patch. But you can bet that you will still be able to buy the expansion for the full price right off of the marketplace even years after the servers are dead!

HeartBreak301
Apr 11, 2010, 04:06 PM
Just do what I did, obtain a copy of PSU:AotI for the computer and plug a 360 controller in.

Gibdozer
Apr 11, 2010, 05:07 PM
lol there are many online game that are online only no suprises here

Well I don't know how it worked on the xbox or gamecube but I still have my dreamcast characters and all my items, so for the franchise this is a departure from the norm.

They closed the PC/PS2 server because they were losing money, why would they spend more money to allow people to download their characters? Let alone waste their money to give 360 players that option, obviously money is tight and spending it so people can play 360 offline would be dumb.

No, it's actually an intelligent move to satisfy your customers and encourage brand loyalty. I don't know what our downloading characters would cost Sega,(they could charge for it) but a patch to open the content on the aoti download for offline play, c'mon it's marginal.

I don't have faith that 360 players will be able to access their content when the servers go down. There'll be no patch. But you can bet that you will still be able to buy the expansion for the full price right off of the marketplace even years after the servers are dead!

Sad but true

Just do what I did, obtain a copy of PSU:AotI for the computer and plug a 360 controller in.

Naw, I have both the ps2 and psp versions so that will do. All I know is I don't like the way Sega handled closing the ps/ps2 servers, so I probably won't like what happens to the 360 either.
I've been paying them for 3yrs, and on 2 accounts for the last year(since my wife got a box) right now I don't see me playing the next Phantasy Star, not online anyway.

Powder Keg
Apr 11, 2010, 05:21 PM
They won't do it because you're probably one of the 8 players who would want to play this game offline.

Ezodagrom
Apr 11, 2010, 05:50 PM
No, it's actually an intelligent move to satisfy your customers and encourage brand loyalty. I don't know what our downloading characters would cost Sega,(they could charge for it) but a patch to open the content on the aoti download for offline play, c'mon it's marginal.
If they cared about encouraging brand loyalty or satisfying their customers they would have done a better job on PSU to begin with (like having more/faster updates or even all content unlocked from the beginning).

DragonStriker
Apr 11, 2010, 06:55 PM
If they cared about encouraging brand loyalty or satisfying their customers they would have done a better job on PSU to begin with (like having more/faster updates or even all content unlocked from the beginning).

Exactly, PSU has been all about the money from the beginning. It flopped in terms of sales and money making early on so they gave up on servive. If you don't believe me, then just notice how they went from 2 GMs to 1 2 years before the PC/PS2 server was shut down.