PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Payment options

Darki
Apr 11, 2010, 01:17 PM
Hi there!

I've come back to PSU after a long break from EU/US servers (I was really bored of no updates and not having too much to do. DX), and starting over again in the JP server.

I'm really happy with the free playing option stuff, not paying for some random, updateless months will be good for my wallet health, but, I wouldn't care to pay and get a premiun account sometimes. For example now, that I just started, I'd love to be able to have access to my room, buy stuff for cheap (godamnit, didn't remember how shit was to make money in low levels to get enough to buy an NPC shop whip), make some kind of newbie equip for my future new characters and store nice toys in my common box for my non-premiun months.

The problem is that JP PSU billing seems to dislike my credit card. I suppose it's because it's a "debit" card but I've been always able to buy stuff even without enough money in the account, just getting it by credit and paying it a month later or something like that.

I've seen in the guides that there are more ways to get a premiun account than for credit card, but I'm not to sure about how they work. Have anyone tried any of them? Could someone explain a little to this poor n00b here?

ashley50
Apr 11, 2010, 01:24 PM
hmmm don't know...But I once tried to use a Debit card as well back when I joined JP PSU when AoI was released and my card didn't work.

Then I tried my Credit card, it worked fine.

I don't know what the issue is there myself, so I gave up on using a debit card on there.

Darki
Apr 11, 2010, 01:54 PM
The problem is that I can't get a credit card. I'm a student and I don't have a stable job, needed to get a credit card in my bank, and I don't really feel like giving my ID and password to anyone owning one (parents, for example wouldn't give me their credit cards numbers by now, they know I have my own debit card and that's enough for them, friends that don't play PSU wouldn't lend me it and friends who play and understand my situation, I don't really feel like giving them my ID).

That's why I asked about the other payment options. if there's some paypal-like stuff or something I can charge with my current card and use it to pay the game I would do it happily, I was thinking about the webMoney thing but I'm not too sure about what should I do with it.

Shou
Apr 11, 2010, 02:14 PM
Get a Debit card.

Darki
Apr 11, 2010, 02:29 PM
like I said:

[...] I have my own debit card [...]

What would I do with it? JP PSU billing doesn't accept them.

Palle
Apr 11, 2010, 03:17 PM
What would I do with it? JP PSU billing doesn't accept them?
Mine worked. Does yours have a Visa or Mastercard logo on the front?

Darki
Apr 11, 2010, 07:59 PM
Mine is a Visa. Probably the problem is that I didn't understand the process, as I'm in the anime fanboy level on japanese language understanding yet.

The problem is that my card is one of those that have a security 3-digit code at the back and in every case I've used it for internet stuff (for example for PSU EU/US billing) they asked me for it. In the JP servers I don't really know well but I never found the place for that...

Is there any updated guide to JP billing process? The only one I found was the PSUpedia one and it was really old, so I had to use my poor kana skills to find it and I'm not sure if I was doing it well.

Palle
Apr 11, 2010, 08:40 PM
In my case, I wasn't asked for a security code, only the card number, expiration date, and name on the card [I had selected the fourth option down from the account overview, Illuminus Key for PS2/Windows]. Afterward, confirmation of payment took a few seconds, and that was that. To my knowledge [which is not in-depth], debit accounts are not automatically re-billed by ISAO or whoever is responsible, so you will likely have to follow the same procedure at the beginning of the next cycle.

As far as guides, there are plenty of threads in the first few pages of this forum which contain useful information as a result of the recent exodus. Sometimes a good description or a screencap will help others to identify where your problem is occurring.

If you don't feel like translating, or get stuck with the directions, Nifty (http://honyaku.nifty.com/) may help make sense of the messages you're getting.

It's been noted elsewhere that sub payments are less necessary now as it seems that you get access to much of the game without them. Espio posted the differences here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2458353&postcount=1).

Darki
Apr 13, 2010, 11:14 AM
I don't really mind about the re-purchasing stuff (good, so I only pay what I want without problems), but I was told, and even so, tried with one, that debit cards weren't working, so I guess the person who told me so, did a mistake or else our bank has a problem with debit cards and this proccess (I think we are in the same bank), so I guess I'll just try again when I have time.

I know the differences between paying or not, I planned on playing mainly the free course, but once I reach a good level, get some money and/or there's an event I'd probably think about getting premiun to be able to fully enjoy it (buying goods in the player shops, selling the ones I don't need, extra storage, feeding my P.M., etc) and also geting some GAS stuff.

BTW, nope. My debit card isn't working, everytime I try it says it can't access my bank. Is there any guide to other payment methods?

re
Apr 13, 2010, 08:22 PM
when i did the free month stuff
i used walmart prepaid visa card

(I am not affiliated with wal-mart or visa. Wal-Mart and VISA are trademarks of their respective trademark holders. This response was not sponsored by above listed trademarked entities.)

Darki
Apr 15, 2010, 05:04 PM
It doesn't seem to work, any kind of prepaid or debit card...

Isn't there anyone who used any other method for payment?

re
Apr 15, 2010, 11:59 PM
just helped someone to do it not that long ago :p
not to mention I've set up 3 accounts with them :/

Darki
Apr 16, 2010, 10:36 AM
Well, could you explain me a little about it? Because it wou,ld be nice to play MAX with a nice premiun account :(

DAMASCUS
Apr 16, 2010, 10:41 AM
I'm another VISA debit card user but I had no problem signing up. I did have an international fee attached on my bank statement, so maybe you can call the bank about international transactions??

Darki
Apr 16, 2010, 10:49 AM
I've bought 2 days ago a controller adaptor from Play-Asia and I didn't have problems... About the walmart thingy I don't really know, we don't have those stores here in Spain. :/

Darki
Apr 18, 2010, 11:13 PM
So, nobody had another method except paying with debit card...?

Resanoca
Apr 19, 2010, 12:21 AM
just helped someone to do it not that long ago :p
not to mention I've set up 3 accounts with them :/Don't talk crap behind my back! ; ; Anyway, yeah. I went to Walmart, bought a pre-paid card, put some cash on and then paid for my game key. It all worked out.

Darki
Apr 19, 2010, 12:48 AM
But I can't buy a walmart prepaid card, I live in Spain, as I said before. :/

Unless somebody would get one for me and send it by mail in case I can refill it by transaction means or stuff like that. :/

Darki
Apr 22, 2010, 04:19 AM
Bump'd <_<