PDA

View Full Version : a question about tattics

theskull
Apr 11, 2010, 04:35 PM
damn Im playng super hard mode and its funny but its a solo play..npc are USELESS, low damage output and great dmg input, low heal every1 but sarisa that misteriously she heal just herself and the others some times when they are just back to life..I hate their AI thay are very stupid..anyway heres the question ^^ which tatics u adopt more often? me safety first and attack all out ^^

Dobbin
Apr 11, 2010, 04:38 PM
Safety first in Eternal Tower...
Free Combat in anything else.

or I just make them die.

Nick O'Demus
Apr 11, 2010, 04:46 PM
Free Combat usually. Safety First for bosses, or if I'm playing as a CAST. The NPC's only really serve 3 uses anyway.

#1 - Meat shield. Better they take that Arkzein's missile than you.
#2 - Enemy bait. Letting a hostile chew on them for a bit keeps the enemies distracted, letting you get up behind them and kill them at your convenience.
#3 - PB support. Probably the only real reason to try to keep them alive.

Granted, Sarisa using Resta or Anti, or Kai using Shifta or inflicting Burn status can be useful, but it's far too unreliable to count on as part of your strategy. Oh, and...

#4 - Amusement. Getting Ogi to stand next to a red box trap and then setting it off in his face is poetic justice.

Seth Astra
Apr 11, 2010, 04:53 PM
I usually don't bother to change it. When I do I use safety first, unless Ogi is on my team, then I can't due to the lasers messing up collision detection. Also, Nick O'Demus has the uses just right. At very least the CPUs give the enemy something to attack other then you, and 4-chain PBs are awesome (espicially flozir).

derekuu
Apr 11, 2010, 05:31 PM
do u want to play online in ps0 with me..... add me as a friend

kirtblue
Apr 11, 2010, 09:37 PM
i do attack all out in the tower if they die then they revive in the next room it also means if they dont die then i can get a 4 way pb at the boss

FOmarRashidi
Apr 12, 2010, 02:03 PM
Nowadays, whenever I'm playing offline (which seems to be rarely since I found so many people to play with online), I just leave the NPCs on free combat.

ARChan
Apr 12, 2010, 03:29 PM
I find that running around as a FO with a lv 15 Resta, Shifta, and Jellen makes them more useful. And personally, I like "Keep your distance" so that they wouldn't go up close to the enemy as often and keep the enemy at bay.