PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Event World, Idiots!

KodiaX987
Mar 3, 2003, 03:22 PM
Let's see. I've seen a shitload of people complaining about "vote me" topics. Seen that in a rant down here, somewhere else in offtopic; basically people wonder why users suddenly "spam" the Fresh Kills forum with vote me topics.

HELLO?!

It's written in big white letters on the front page, with a huge picture and a thread that's over 17 pages big! We nominate people, and we post up our speeches in the Fresh Kills forum.

Why the vote me topics?

Because we need to push people to vote for us. Motherfucking duh.

Why do you spam the Fresh Kills forum like this?

Because we are allowed to get down and dirty, hijack other contestants' topics and basically do anything we want to get people to vote for us. Since we basically do legal spam, we post in the Fresh Kills forum.

Is that a popularity contest?

Of course; we mentionned it from the start. If no one knows you, good luck getting your nomination. It's just like show-biz; you won't get any awards unless you've done some cool stuff and been in the job for a while.

This contest is really stupid.

What's stupider is that you've read this fucking thread all the way down.

LollipopLolita
Mar 3, 2003, 04:36 PM
why not spam in the spam forum? a duh? spam where you're supposed to spam? oh my god! no that's so wrong! read topics that you know will be stupid? what is wrong with you?

Balthor
Mar 3, 2003, 07:44 PM
This reminds me of elementary school elections.

Everyones a whiner! (Including me, so don't get on my fucking case)

CajunSamurai
Mar 3, 2003, 07:52 PM
Just goes to show ya how few people read the "fineprint", or in this case, some very simple rules in the FIRST post of a thread that you CAN'T miss.
As far as people whining about these threads in a SPAM forum... man oh man. o_O

Cloud_01
Mar 3, 2003, 10:46 PM
I don't know why some people are complaining about all the vote me topics. Who cares, it's not like anyone is forcing you to look at the thread. If all the vote me threads are annoying you, just ignore them and shut up about it.

It's not all that hard.

GandorDurin
Mar 3, 2003, 11:06 PM
But I....Just can't...Look away!

Yaaaaargh!

hollowtip
Mar 4, 2003, 12:55 AM
On 2003-03-03 12:22, KodiaX987 wrote:

Of course; we mentionned it from the start. If no one knows you, good luck getting your nomination. It's just like show-biz; you won't get any awards unless you've done some cool stuff and been in the job for a while.

Well since I've been here longer than most everyone I better get an award. Nevermind, all the titles are lame anyway, and in my opinion, they serve no purpose other than boosting people's self-esteem.

geewj
Mar 4, 2003, 01:02 AM
On 2003-03-03 21:55, hollowtip wrote:

Well since I've been here longer than most everyone I better get an award. Nevermind, all the titles are lame anyway, and in my opinion, they serve no purpose other than boosting people's self-esteem.

Or it could be that people are going to have a fun time nominating and voting for people. And people can run against eachother, creating conflict in a fun enviorment. That COULD be it. Its just a guess tho.

Balthor
Mar 4, 2003, 01:24 AM
On 2003-03-03 21:55, hollowtip wrote:

But I bet your self-esteem level goes up everytime you mention being here the longest huh?

Actully, there's a large handful of people who signed up before you dumb-ass, your sign up date could mean shit, in fact, it doesn't, it's just there to probobly make you feel better after a bad night at the "bar".

Having a fucking good night.

KodiaX987
Mar 4, 2003, 08:31 AM
On 2003-03-03 22:02, Prof_Frink wrote:
Or it could be that people are going to have a fun time nominating and voting for people. And people can run against eachother, creating conflict in a fun enviorment. That COULD be it. Its just a guess tho.

You should see the show Star Academie in Quebec. Seven Britney Spears and seven Nick Carter clones all up against each other. Each week they vote someone off. And each Sunday, instead of the daily survivor-like 30 minute show, they do a big show that's one hour, with invited artists and so on and so forth.

Unfortunately, one of the artists caught word that the contestants were gonna vote each other off publically. And when he found out it was true, he promptly left the stage. There were several other protests too.

So all this to say that what was supposed to be a friendly contest ended up a fiasco and a scandal. The radio talked about it for a whole week afterwards.

*pokes Lolita*

This is why I think those admins have got some strategy here! Instead of trying to make a super-cool contest with organized threads and all, they went "Wait a sec... Sooner or later this whole thing will degenerate into a huge fight! Here, let's promote it as a huge fight and thus we'll already have done half of the work."

Thus this. See? Not only do we have a contest, we are also given the convenience to jump right to the hot part of it, where it all gets down and dirty just like any other contest in the world. It was perfectly planned, man!

The only problem is that some - or many! - people didn't catch on to the strategy. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif They suddenly saw all those vote-me topics and were wondering why the hell was going on, without bothering to go look at the main page or the General forum to get their answer. And if they did, I don't think they found it! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Cheers to those who didn't get the jyst of the contest on the first read... Idiots!

Ness
Mar 4, 2003, 04:54 PM
We do it because it's fun that's why. The titles are lame, but hey who cares?

DB
Mar 5, 2003, 05:46 AM
You know, I scrolled through most of this like an asshole? Yeah, I did. And I just informed you about that. Next, Hello Kodia. You're cool as always. By the way, vote for me, LoL1337x. Yeah. Nothing like that. And dun worry, this is kind of a rant. I guess. To me, it's not a fucking popularity contest. To me, it's just another way to stand out of the crowd, and get another chance to meet new people. So don't bash shit so hard. It's all an opinionated view point, and i'm just trying to change yours, a little...

Viewing everything in a negative manner, results in negative feed back. Hence, that one law thingy. For every action, there is an equal (or sometimes, OMG, as rare as Lavis Cannon behind waterfall) opposite reaction. (Kinda like punching someone in the face, and they tell you, that they love you.)

So there, and shit.

KodiaX987
Mar 5, 2003, 08:26 AM
On 2003-03-04 13:54, Ness wrote:

You nailed it, man! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I should hire you as my official summarizer. How about it? Four bucks an hour!

hollowtip
Mar 6, 2003, 06:50 PM
On 2003-03-03 22:24, Balthor_The_Defiled wrote:

[quote]

But I bet your self-esteem level goes up everytime you mention being here the longest huh?

No not quite, I just know I can get a rise out of at least one person everytime I say that for some reason.

Actully, there's a large handful of people who signed up before you dumb-ass, your sign up date could mean shit, in fact, it doesn't, it's just there to probobly make you feel better after a bad night at the "bar".

Having a fucking good night.

probably = not necessarily

and not necessarily = not really

see I'm not a dumbass, I did the math in my head. I'm a 1337 hax0r.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2003-03-06 15:51 ]</font>

SorceressofTime
Mar 8, 2003, 07:28 AM
people are just plain idiots. *sighs* O.o

Ness
Mar 8, 2003, 10:27 AM
On 2003-03-05 05:26, KodiaX987 wrote:

On 2003-03-04 13:54, Ness wrote:

You nailed it, man! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I should hire you as my official summarizer. How about it? Four bucks an hour!

10 bucks an hour and you've got a deal.