ShinMaruku
Apr 13, 2010, 12:46 AM
http://dopetype.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/power_girl.jpg

HeartBreak301
Apr 13, 2010, 01:03 AM
For my tastes, yes. But they're still :E

astuarlen
Apr 13, 2010, 01:10 AM
Jesus Leafblowing Christ, sometimes I want to headbutt a dudewad--and the dudewad he's citing--through the Internet.

Hey, gusy, I have an idea! If we put a panel ostensibly critiquing the previous one, we can SHOW SOME FUCKING BOOBS FAN SERVICE YAAAAAY. Those guys that are always staring at boobs are total creeps... man, I love looking at busty chicks, especially when they're sassy... but only sassy enough to be sexy. 'Scuse me, I need to go masturbate to how clever I am at making totally okay masturbation aids! Being a dude is AWESMOE.

Palle
Apr 13, 2010, 01:28 AM
It's high art!

*golfclap*

[SPOILER-BOX]:disapprove:[/SPOILER-BOX]

HeartBreak301
Apr 13, 2010, 01:47 AM
Jesus Leafblowing Christ

Heh, I like that a lot, I might start saying it. But yeah, this stuff is pretty ridiculous. Also, if she's so concerned about people staring at her breasts wouldn't it be a logical decision to get a uniform with a little less cleavage?

ShinMaruku
Apr 13, 2010, 01:49 AM
She's Kryptonian they are crazy.

CrimsomWolf
Apr 13, 2010, 01:53 AM
I though it blew them all up?

04/01/2010 - Planet DC1938 Explodes After Core Fusion“
DC1938, a small garden world circling the red supergiant SM2183 Rua, exploded today in a rare phenomenon called core fusion. The planet's uranium core collapsed in on itself, igniting a thermonuclear explosion large enough to rupture the planet into several pieces. The shock wave and loss of atmosphere has reportedly killed more than five billion native inhabitants. There is one known survivor: an infant rocketed from the planet in an FTL escape pod picked up by the human cruiser MSV Kent. The inhabitants of the planet, previously unknown to the galaxy, were a spacefaring race who used crystalline matrices for their computing needs. The infant has been taken to medical facilities in the local cluster, where he is breathing gases in a ratio similar to the atmosphere of his home planet: 65% nitrogen, 20% oxygen, and 15% krypton.”

Dragwind
Apr 13, 2010, 05:38 AM
I had a teacher named Mr. Lackey.

Sayara
Apr 13, 2010, 05:43 AM
BOYACKEYYY!!

Weeaboolits
Apr 13, 2010, 06:09 AM
I was hoping for some Cromartie, but then I saw whose thread this was.

I was gonna' post a picture of Hokuto's Lackey in response, but couldn't find one.

Also that girl in the first post's face is drawn kinda funky.

Delete
Apr 13, 2010, 06:21 AM
There's never gonna be a better time for me to vote "Boobies" then this.

Outrider
Apr 13, 2010, 10:51 AM
Jesus Leafblowing Christ, sometimes I want to headbutt a dudewad--and the dudewad he's citing--through the Internet.

Hey, gusy, I have an idea! If we put a panel ostensibly critiquing the previous one, we can SHOW SOME FUCKING BOOBS FAN SERVICE YAAAAAY. Those guys that are always staring at boobs are total creeps... man, I love looking at busty chicks, especially when they're sassy... but only sassy enough to be sexy. 'Scuse me, I need to go masturbate to how clever I am at making totally okay masturbation aids! Being a dude is AWESMOE.

It's probably worth mentioning that the issue in question was drawn by Amanda Conner, one of the more prominent women artists in comics.

Then again, it was written by Geoff Johns, who's really just a case study on what happens when you let the average comic book fan try to write professionally.

That being said, I actually think there are some worthwhile Power Girl stories and scenes out there, even though most creators can't decide whether her measurements are meant for wanking or satire.

HeartBreak301
Apr 13, 2010, 03:28 PM
They took down my image, wtf. I can guarantee there are worse things on Imageshack than what I posted. I guess I could just re-upload it, but meh.

astuarlen
Apr 13, 2010, 04:07 PM
It's probably worth mentioning that the issue in question was drawn by Amanda Conner, one of the more prominent women artists in comics.

Then again, it was written by Geoff Johns, who's really just a case study on what happens when you let the average comic book fan try to write professionally.

That being said, I actually think there are some worthwhile Power Girl stories and scenes out there, even though most creators can't decide whether her measurements are meant for wanking or satire.

1. I don't really follow comics, so, yep, got that wrong re: the artist's gender. My bad, Amanda Conner. Good on you for making it in a Boy's Field, and I'm sorry you have to draw that grossness (inb4shedoesn'tneedyourpity!1).

2. Pretty sure you're not implying this, Outrider, but for those playing along at home: having a woman involved in anti-woman work does not a) make it ok or b) make that woman a bad, bad girl. No one in our society operates outside the Big P (that's Patriarchy, but we can also call it Kyriarchy, if it makes you happier), and so, to a varying degree--modified by levels of privilege relating in large part to race, class, and other accidents of circumstance--woman are forced to play along to get along. Our agency is compromised by the demands, norms, and expectations set up and lovingly maintained by P, and the results of our existence and actions are filtered through the P such that no intentions or personal choices are the sole property of the individual.

If you think this is grim, you're right; it is. If you think this is hogwash, congratulations, you are part of a comfortable (to varying degrees) majority. Please enjoy your stay in P Land (I think you will).

User was ignored for this post.

Outrider
Apr 13, 2010, 04:17 PM
No, just pointing out that this is a slightly different situation than most of the crap that Shin posts.

Still, like I said - the character fluctuates greatly between fan-service and parody and I'm fairly sure that a lot of creators lose sight of which is which.

On the plus side, we're getting closer to Shin getting banned everyday.

CrimsomWolf
Apr 13, 2010, 04:40 PM
Step by step, it'll happen someday.

And Indiscriminate Justice shall reign.

ShinMaruku
Apr 13, 2010, 04:41 PM
Once again you storm off to scar the armada.

Tetsaru
Apr 13, 2010, 08:23 PM

They're never too big. :3

Also, glad to see Western comics having some fanservice too now. :wacko:

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 14, 2010, 02:05 AM
We need geej to lock this thread

ABDUR to unlock it, say FUKU man!, relock it

Then a geewj response unlock reply, relock.

Weeaboolits
Apr 14, 2010, 04:25 AM
Also, glad to see Western comics having some fanservice too now. :wacko:You mean there was a time where they didn't?

Adriano
Apr 14, 2010, 04:34 AM

Oh cool, a skeleton with boobspair of boobs with a skeleton attached.

Sayara
Apr 14, 2010, 05:32 AM
gentlemen its gone long enough; reread the geewj rules once more