PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Attn:All Live users, help push PSU on Games On Demand-

HyperShot-X-
Apr 14, 2010, 11:03 PM
by signing onto your GT on Xbox.com forum and leave positive comments on below thread under their Wish List section:
http://forums.xbox.com/32101261/ShowPost.aspx

Just say short comments like 'I want this...' it doesn't have to be long or fancy, the goal is to get as many replies we can, enough to get Microsoft's attention.

This is necessary and has been long overdue, it is what you should be doing if you wanna see this game prosper and get more attention from ST to have them bring us more frequent updates.

*the original link posted by TheRealRift on PSU Official forum thread.
**I am reposting this thread here that was originally posted on the Official PSU forum, not to let anyone out of the loop.

SpikeOtacon
Apr 14, 2010, 11:11 PM
So microsoft can charge $30 for a game that costs $10 new everywhere else?

Nah.

HyperShot-X-
Apr 15, 2010, 02:10 AM
So microsoft can charge $30 for a game that costs $10 new everywhere else?

Nah.
why, you want M$ to charge $30 for it? do they still carry brand new factory sealed copies for $10 around your area? I think not.

Volcompat321
Apr 15, 2010, 02:21 AM
The point is that they will charge $30, not only $10.

Unless there's a price on it, and the price is less than $15, it's not even worth it.

SpikeOtacon
Apr 15, 2010, 02:37 AM
why, you want M$ to charge $30 for it? do they still carry brand new factory sealed copies for $10 around your area? I think not.

The game is pretty cheap, and Games on Demand has had a perfect track record of making you pay more for the downloadable game than the disc version you can find in the store. While I'll admit, not every store around here has PSU discs, the extra cash Xboxers would have to pay out for the GoD version, on top of needing to pay monthly, as WELL as even more for the expansion, is not going to attract very many players.

HyperShot-X-
Apr 15, 2010, 02:45 AM
Sonic the Hed.06' - $19.99
Sonic Unleashed - $19.99
Sega Superstars Tennis - $19.99
Condemned:Criminal Origin - $19.99
.. want me to go on? well, thanks for your prediction, okay, sure I believe you, yeah.

You want it so bad for them to charge it $29.99, then post your request on that Wish list above. No one is stopping ya.

SpikeOtacon
Apr 15, 2010, 02:46 AM
Where did I say I wanted them to? Good lord, you're dense man.

Volcompat321
Apr 15, 2010, 02:46 AM
That's not always the case.
You're talking about SEGA here.

No one wants to pay $29.99 for a 3 year old game, and no one wished for that.

SpikeOtacon
Apr 15, 2010, 02:55 AM
I did notice however, that AotI is no longer as expensive as I remember it being on the marketplace. But if you add the $19.99 from the GoD price you're aiming for, plus AotI for $10, then there's our $29.99 that most other GoD games are.

HyperShot-X-
Apr 15, 2010, 02:59 AM
No one wants to pay $29.99 for a 3 year old game, and no one wished for that.I'm sure Sega and MS both knows that well even better than we'd think. Are we done with price calling game now?

Volcompat321
Apr 15, 2010, 03:01 AM
I think Spike took care of that.

I'm sure MS knows, but are you sure SEGA knows?

You do realize they're filled with empty promises, and lies, right?

Zeek123
Apr 15, 2010, 03:05 AM
Eh...

The concept's cool and all, but PSU's an MMO... and those don't do great on consoles.

People who don't know it play the demo, and then order it online.

Or find it in bargain bins at Gamestop. I think there's other games this would benefit much more.

I just don't think this would help out the community or anything, if that's your angle.

HyperShot-X-
Apr 15, 2010, 03:19 AM
I did notice however, that AotI is no longer as expensive as I remember it being on the marketplace. But if you add the $19.99 from the GoD price you're aiming for, plus AotI for $10, then there's our $29.99 that most other GoD games are.
those 'most other GoD games' going for $30 got their own add-on DLCs that cost extras, so just leave AotI out of the equation, k?

@Volcompat, there's a 7+month old thread on the official forum we've been working on that deals with exactly that, so yeah, I'm pretty sure they're fully aware.

SpikeOtacon
Apr 15, 2010, 03:23 AM
those 'most other GoD games' going for $30 got their own add-on DLCs that cost extras, so just leave AotI out of the equation, k?

Nope.

EDIT: Here's why I'm not leaving it out of the equation. Most of these other games are mainly single-player affairs with some multiplayer modes. PSU is an MMO by nature, and AotI is a fairly substantial update (dare I say the other half of the game?) to the main game, one that most players will need in order to get the fullest out of their monthly fee. Which brings me to another point. Those other GoD games don't have monthly fees behind them as well, which just tacks on more and more money to the game's price as opposed to the others where once you spent the money, you're good to go.

HyperShot-X-
Apr 15, 2010, 03:40 AM
well, if anyone is still not convinced yet, just log on to Xbox.com forum and check out the responses made so far on the thread. You guys all got active gamertags, don't you? If you dont, i will destroy u i swear.

SpikeOtacon
Apr 15, 2010, 03:51 AM
Also if you wish to drum up some attention I'd suggest players try to trend it/tag it to Major Nelson's Twitter (http://twitter.com/majornelson). Or shoot the man a well-thought out email letting him know why you think it deserves the GoD treatment. The more representation the better, after all.

I feel funny typing it out as GoD but I can't resist.

Even better yet, here's a name you guys can give the campaign: GUARDIANS on Demand.

Professor Xavier
Apr 15, 2010, 04:27 AM
I propose charging 14.99 for the game and 9.99 for AOTI and the first month is free. They never have tried to promote this game. Its about time they tried something!!

Oh! and challenge SEGA to drop the price to 6.99 for monthly subs if we can double the population!

Kent
Apr 15, 2010, 10:11 AM
Eh...

The concept's cool and all, but PSU's an MMO... and those don't do great on consoles.

People who don't know it play the demo, and then order it online.

Or find it in bargain bins at Gamestop. I think there's other games this would benefit much more.

I just don't think this would help out the community or anything, if that's your angle.
Er... It's not an MMO (for the record, Final Fantasy XI, an actual console MMO, worked out pretty well - barring what people may say about the design of its mechanics) - but that doesn't stop this from being a bad idea. I don't think this game would get much of a turnaround on sales from the games-on-demand service, especially with all of the recent press about the PC and PS2 servers getting shut down... And now, more than ever, are consumers being wary of their spending. Once they see a $20-30 price tag on it, the bad reviews, the spiteful, betrayed fanbase of the previous game, and that the game's downloadable expansion pack doesn't apply to the single-player portion of the game...

People don't generally made the decision to buy what is widely-considered to be a bad game after doing the research on it. It's probably a better idea to just let this version of the game die off, too; let them focus on their other projects.

ZIE creations
Apr 15, 2010, 05:27 PM
[QUOTE=Kent;2474772]Er... It's not an MMO (for the record, Final Fantasy XI, an actual console MMO, worked out pretty well QUOTE]
For one, PSU is actualy considered an MMO but just has a single player component for those on the ps2 that couldn't generaly get online. (final fantasy XI actualy has less none JP players than PSU and sold the same because people thought there was a single player component that is absent):-x

Also, you all seem to be thinking of the price of the download when thats not the goal. The true and ultamate goal of having PSU on the Games on Demand is to spread the name. Atleast every week another person in one of my friends XBox live partys will ask "what the hell is that gay ass game" and I'll reply "your an idiot" and "check out the demo".

If more people know about it then more will atleast try it and then posibly play giving the population a boost and in turn, getting us higher on the sega's priority list giving us more updates and a better comunity.

Zeek123
Apr 15, 2010, 10:05 PM
Er... It's not an MMO (for the record, Final Fantasy XI, an actual console MMO, worked out pretty well - barring what people may say about the design of its mechanics) - but that doesn't stop this from being a bad idea. I don't think this game would get much of a turnaround on sales from the games-on-demand service, especially with all of the recent press about the PC and PS2 servers getting shut down... And now, more than ever, are consumers being wary of their spending. Once they see a $20-30 price tag on it, the bad reviews, the spiteful, betrayed fanbase of the previous game, and that the game's downloadable expansion pack doesn't apply to the single-player portion of the game...

People don't generally made the decision to buy what is widely-considered to be a bad game after doing the research on it. It's probably a better idea to just let this version of the game die off, too; let them focus on their other projects.

Gah. I hate it when people are picky about the term "MMO"

Fine. An action RPG that happens to have a network mode.

I agree with you that they should mercy kill PSU Vanilla. But would anyone really buy this on GoD for the single player? Especially after reading reviews/comments?

I understand FFXI worked out alright, but it was also a cheaper monthly fee, and had regular updates. I think it was considered a success because Square supported it. I just hate that battle style. It's so dated IMO.

W0LB0T
Apr 16, 2010, 12:14 AM
FFXI only suceeded becasue weaboos buy anything with Square on it.

Kent
Apr 16, 2010, 01:49 AM
For one, PSU is actualy considered an MMO but just has a single player component for those on the ps2 that couldn't generaly get online.
A maximum of six people at once kinda prevents it from being considered that (and even according to its official classification by the developers, it isn't one) - being that quite a large number of games nowadays have some sort of online component, I don't think the fact that PSU has a single-player mode is of much consequence to its actual genre, though it stands to reason that single player != massively-multiplayer, either.

(final fantasy XI actualy has less none JP players than PSU and sold the same because people thought there was a single player component that is absent):-x
Nobody thought that Final Fantasy XI, something specifically classified as only an MMORPG, had an offline mode. Unless, of course, they were purchasing it completely blind, cutting themselves off from any information about the game, even on the box, where it specifies there is no offline mode. The "Internet Connection Required" label isn't that easy to miss...

I agree with you that they should mercy kill PSU Vanilla. But would anyone really buy this on GoD for the single player? Especially after reading reviews/comments?
Exactly - it's not something that many people are going to buy.

I understand FFXI worked out alright, but it was also a cheaper monthly fee, and had regular updates. I think it was considered a success because Square supported it. I just hate that battle style. It's so dated IMO.
Final Fantasy XI's monthly fee was actually $3 more expensive. But yes: Regular updates and actual support (not to mention, the ability to actually download brand new content to the client's system) contributed greatly to the eight years that Final Fantasy XI has been going.

It is, for all intents and purposes, the lifeblood of an online-centric game. It's why there's been a steady number of consumers playing Final Fantasy XI, it's part of why any of the other successful MMOGs out there are still alive and kicking, and it's why games like Phantasy Star Universe never honestly stood a chance in the long run (unless you want to get into everything else that's wrong with it)..

FUDGEHOY
Apr 16, 2010, 03:08 AM
Let's look at the pros and cons of PSU being a Game on Demand.

Pros:
1. Chance to get more players since the game will me much easier to get.
2. Much easier to replace a broken disc(ones that are beyond resurfacing). Many areas do not have copies of PSU readily available. By the time you pay for a used copy online + shipping you'd might as well just by it on xbox live.

Cons:
1. ..............
2. ..............
There are no cons for current players. This does not cost us a thing.

Putting PSU on Games on Demand can only help our community, not hurt it.

DuRaL
Apr 16, 2010, 09:30 AM
they should have the online portion of the game for free download on xbox live.
it'd increase the popularity a lot, and they'd still make enough money with the monthly fee..

EDIT: isn't that actually what they do with PC PSU in japan anyway? o.o

Max B
Apr 16, 2010, 09:34 AM
they should have the online portion of the game for free download on xbox live.
it'd increase the popularity a lot, and they'd still make enough money with the monthly fee..

EDIT: isn't that actually what they do with PC PSU in japan anyway? o.o

LOL way ahead of our time there buddy

ZeroKamikaze
Apr 16, 2010, 09:42 AM
This is about as likely to happen as Sega updating PSU twice a week.

Max B
Apr 16, 2010, 09:43 AM
This is about as likely to happen as Sega updating PSU once a week.

Fixed

ZeroKamikaze
Apr 16, 2010, 09:47 AM
I guess you got me there Max.

ZeroKamikaze
Apr 16, 2010, 10:40 AM
To be fair Zero(feel like Im talking to myself), not everyone on this site wants to see the death of it, but like all things, its time will come. I agree that some people here might just be here for the sake of being morons, but as a whole, the community isnt bad.

On topic: Honestly though, how do you see as being a benefit. I see how it would help in drawing new people to servers, but those of us who have played it, sold it, and may want to buy it again (I am guilty of this line of thinking), charging anything more then $10 for the game download would be a kick in teeth. Also, as stated before, chances are it will be rated down to 1* before long, and even less people will be attracted to the idea of downloading it.

I look at it this way, a year ago, maybe this wouldve worked, but now, not even close to effective as it couldve been.

Max B
Apr 16, 2010, 01:07 PM
NOT REALLY.

Regardless of how it would benefit other games, this is about getting Phantasy Star Universe on Games on Demand. I think it would be a huge benefit.

To the OP: Things like this generally receive negative/non-constructive responses on PSO-World. I love the site to death, but the community is killing it, which is why I've cut down on my posting here dramatically.

LOL and the official forum is not any worse if you think that is so you need to get your head checked

Max B
Apr 16, 2010, 01:14 PM
Now that I have been thinking about it I guess it would be good for MS to put this on GOD.. but I do not think even if there was a great amount of people moving on to the RG from the Demo that ST would not give us more updates but who knows only time will tell

ZIE creations
Apr 16, 2010, 05:08 PM
chances are it will be rated down to 1* before long, and even less people will be attracted to the idea of downloading it
I don't believe it would get a one star rating considering the game itself has atleast above 3 and if everyone that has it already gives it a 5 star rating then it should be atleast 4.5 making people think about it enough to get a few people even if it only lasts a few days (or even hours-_-)

HyperShot-X-
Apr 17, 2010, 06:14 AM
Now that I have been thinking about it I guess it would be good for MS to put this on GOD.. but I do not think even if there was a great amount of people moving on to the RG from the Demo that ST would not give us more updates but who knows only time will tell
I say it's a miracle that you changed your mind on this, and true that there's no guarantee this would solve any of the problems but cant' deny that it'd be 1st step towards progress at least.

Hey, if Max B can do it, so can others. I see a light of hope on this desolate place. 8]