PDA

View Full Version : AR Codes - Limits of Use

fingyer
Apr 14, 2010, 11:29 PM
I recently acquired the ability to write Action Replay Codes and I was wondering how much I could get away with. :-P

I have some various topics of ARC codes and my opinions. I'd also like to hear from the community what they think.

Changing your character's appearance.
I think this is perfectly fine, no one is against joining an online game where one of their teammates is Sarisa right?

Creating gear that can be possible.
I think that this is also alright, seeing as if you're getting gear that is possible then there's no real advantage over other players if they can also acquire this gear.

Creating impossible gear.
I think that this is a matter for debate, but I'm leaning towards its going a bit far.

Using unlimited health, PP or Photon Blast charge.
Definitely too far.

Well I think that pretty much covers it, anything else including making your character stronger than was ever possible is wrong, but I think everything else is okay! Lemme know what you think.

Also, don't get mad at me! :-(

Dobbin
Apr 14, 2010, 11:33 PM
The forums people are going to say no, but I say you go for a shot and experiment.

Just don't play online with hacked items

fingyer
Apr 14, 2010, 11:34 PM
The forums people are going to say no, but I say you go for a shot and experiment.

Just don't play online with hacked items

Thanks for the nice, honest reply. I'll be sure to only use legit things online! ^^

Cruciarius
Apr 15, 2010, 12:04 AM
Just knowing you have an AR, I'd stay out of games with you.
Sorry, but I prefer playing legit games. Knowing I played with an AR user, would make me want to delete my character, due to the non-legit advantage AR users give.

Altering looks of the character, creating items, etc. is all cheating and shouldn't be done in any online game.

fingyer
Apr 15, 2010, 12:07 AM
Just knowing you have an AR, I'd stay out of games with you.
Sorry, but I prefer playing legit games. Knowing I played with an AR user, would make me want to delete my character, due to the non-legit advantage AR users give.

Altering looks of the character, creating items, etc. is all cheating and shouldn't be done in any online game.

Fair point. But I don't think you could call changing the looks of your character cheating, seeing as it doesn't give you an unfair advantage over any other player. Everything else, I suppose you could call cheating.

Cruciarius
Apr 15, 2010, 12:14 AM
If the game doesn't come with the option by default, then it's cheating.

Playing as Sarisa or any other NPC, is not an option in the game, without a cheat device such as AR.

fingyer
Apr 15, 2010, 12:17 AM
If the game doesn't come with the option by default, then it's cheating.

Playing as Sarisa or any other NPC, is not an option in the game, without a cheat device such as AR.

Is it just me or do you also hate people who have a better point than you? :-P

Cruciarius
Apr 15, 2010, 12:27 AM
Better point? You admitted to having a cheat device and asked about cheating in PSZ. It's heavily frowned upon here. If you want to play with other PSZ cheaters, go to GameFAQs.

Cheating is cheating, no matter what it is you do/say, while you use your AR.

I just hope you also know that ARs are known for corrupting games.

fingyer
Apr 15, 2010, 12:28 AM
Better point? You admitted to having a cheat device and asked about cheating in PSZ. It's heavily frowned upon here. If you want to play with other PSZ cheaters, go to GameFAQs.

Cheating is cheating, no matter what it is you do/say, while you use your AR.

I just hope you also know that ARs are known for corrupting games.

Did you misunderstand me? I meant that you had a better point than me.

Sorry about the whole cheating thing, it's not like I'm going to cheat online, I'll only play legit online.

Nick O'Demus
Apr 15, 2010, 12:38 AM
If you're never going to play online and never going to do any trading (i.e. you don't have WiFi at all), hey, whatever makes you happy. However, if you ARE going to play online or trade at any point, please DON'T.

I'll say right now that the gunblade glitch doesn't bother me. I choose not to use it myself, but that is a choice, as it is for every person who owns the game when they become aware of it. It is internal to the game's software, every person who owns a copy of the game could use it if they wanted to. In my opinion at least, it's cheap, yes, but not cheating.

Use of an AR or any other form of external hack is another matter. This is an alteration beyond the normal function of the software, and not everyone who owns the game has an AR. It is no longer a level playing field. Use of a cheat device is, by definition, cheating, whether or not you personally consider the specific cheat to be "harmless".

I've heard horror stories of people whose games were badly messed up because of other people's hacks. While I don't know for certain how accurate these stories are, I have NO desire to find out firsthand. I have yet to see someone I play with online show up as Kai or Sarisa, but if I did, I would leave that party immediately, and never play with that person again. Ditto if it became blatantly obvious they were using hacked items or things like invincibilty codes. It's just not worth the risk of losing all the time and effort I've put into this game.

zeital
Apr 15, 2010, 12:53 AM
i would rahter not knowing play with a AR user, i don't care if people use flashcart (thats just me not many pople would tho) but even if u only use AR offline still means u r finding/using items that r better then peoples very hard earned rares, so i don't relly like the idea, u will find by saying this almost noone here on PSOW will play with u now, and as nick said, don't trade anything (not that anyone would now anyways)

Hatrix
Apr 15, 2010, 01:04 AM
Kind of sucks that AR is dividing the community yet again, and making any trades in the game now at the least questionable. Even if you know the person they somtimes don't realise they may have traded for a AR item. My advice if you do use it keep a character that is 100% legit to play with others

fingyer
Apr 15, 2010, 01:07 AM
Yeah, from all of this, I'm only going to play legit online. Other than items that are actually possible that I may or may not have acquired from AR codes - but I promise you, I will not play online with any codes actually enabled.

(Keeping AR character separate from legit character)

Kytan
Apr 15, 2010, 02:26 PM
As long as you don't mess up my game, then I'm fine with you using the cheats that don't give you an advantage. (I'll still disconnect though, just in case). As for your argument that possible items are ok to hack out, I don't really get the point of it? Isn't the fun of this game searching for those items? O_o

rufusangus
Apr 15, 2010, 02:50 PM
Meh, I don't really see the point in using an AR, if used for anything other than aesthetics. Kind of ruins the point of the game, just running around collecting things and killing monsters; Trying to get better items and having fun with friends online doing it. And even then, it will still alienate you with other people because they will be wondering how far you used it.

Without that, what is the point of playing?

Giving yourself the items you want, legit or not, to me would be like playing monopoly and giving yourself all the money at the start; Sure, you can roll the dice, move the piece, and play with friends, but there is no fun in that, and they will all think your an ass hole.

Seth Astra
Apr 15, 2010, 04:15 PM
Eh, I don't mind if you hack as long as you have a character that you keep all your hacks to and who you keep offline. Hack that Char a LV.5 Celeb Millias Breaker +99 W/ % at 100/100/100/100/100 if you want. Just don't use it online.

steaIth
Apr 15, 2010, 05:25 PM
it it leaves my char fine, and it could be possible but not like a super rare like a phyco with 30/50/65/50/50, then go ahead, and dont trade me hacked stuff. i am fine with playing with kia or sarisa, in fact i think it would be cool

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Apr 15, 2010, 05:39 PM
if ur only using cheats that change how ur character looks thats fine by me but if u use items u got thru ar no matter how rare i will proly still play regardless of the cheats altho i will think ur really stupid for doing it just dont trade any action replay items EVER but using cheats that change how u look, i dont see any problem with, im fine wen people run around as tails and sonic in pso

Sleeper
Apr 15, 2010, 08:14 PM
This is nothing personal. but i refuse to play with anyone who has hacked. You really cant get away with anything with hacking.

Except. There is hack that raises your drop rate to max. For example, getting a white disaster from dark falz.
So basicly I am being very hypocritcal, the only time i can accept hacks is when they don't spoil the game for me (Max attack ect) Or when they dont change the game for the entire party drasticly

The_Pup
Apr 15, 2010, 09:38 PM
Hacks from other players won't mess up your own save games. It's just like hacks on MMOs or FPS where it affects the client and what data the client sends, which doesn't affect the saves of other players. (They might harm the USER's data, but noone else)

Otherwise, I don't care. Hacks are annoying, but harmless. They're not as drastic as say... Hacks in FPS games where hacks destroy skillfull competition (which is the driving force for the FPS genre). And any hacks that happen in PS0 are either harmless or helpful (as the game is CoOp, I wouldn't mind). And I don't think anyone has developed a negative damage (heal) for enemies hack for trolling. For the most part... What keeps people from hacking is "honor" and if they have the means to hack.

IMO it's pointless to actually care about hacking or finger people out due to the design of PS0 (can't ID hackers in Freeplay, so you might be playing with them again and they might use the same character with a different dress and name, FCs change when a different DS is used) and the community is small and fragmented.

I don't own any cheating devices.

johnwolf
Apr 15, 2010, 09:46 PM
AR alters the code of the game. because it dose this it can A) delet stuff B). Delete OTHER peoples stuff C) KEEL your game. or D) apsalutly nothing but you'll be still marked a cheater. All in all cheating is cheating. some people like the Gunblade glitch call it's skill because of the difficulty to pull off. but if it abuses the stats of the SYSTEM (E.g. Mario Kart DS Snaking) it's cheating period. cheating is cheating. end of story.

Cruciarius
Apr 15, 2010, 10:00 PM
Abusing a glitch in a game is one thing. Say, out of scape dolls and photon drops and tired of being slaughtered by dark falz, so you use that certain glitch on him... I can understand that one.

Using a glitch through the entire game, for example, the gunblade glitch, isn't so good to do.

As for MK DS, while I would never snake (nor do I know how to), that isn't a glitch. It's an acquired skill that you're allowed to do, if you know how to do it. However, using it vs someone who hasn't mastered it or prefer not to use it, it's just not fair.

Using an AR in any game, is cheating. It doesn't matter what it is you do. If you can't win the game without AR, it's time to buy a different game.

Seth Astra
Apr 15, 2010, 10:03 PM
johnwolf: The Gunblade glitch is difficult? The few times I've used it (only to test it mind you, see if it even works.) I found that it's easy.

The_Pup
Apr 15, 2010, 10:24 PM
johnwolf: That is a MYTH. AR doesn't affect OTHER people's saves. You'd have to alter the code on the OTHER people's DS systems through the networking, which is impossible. AR codes only affect the user and the effects are observed (players with hacked stats have a 9999 heal and do 9999 damage) but are not experienced (not-cheating players don't gain the effects of the AR codes such as 9999 MST) by other players.

Also, gunblade glitches are too easy to pull off.

Snaking is not a glitch just like drifting in the Burnout games is not a glitch. Wavedashing in SSBM is a glitch, but since anyone can do it it's allowed in tourneys. Do you also consider item rerolling in PS0 to be cheating? Lots of people do it to gain Hadan Bites with extra percents and Bite Stamp and it abuses the save system of the game.

Lastly... There's no point in labeling cheaters as cheaters as they might not do it all the time and those who you play with and think don't cheat might be cheating and you don't see them do it. Those who cheat are pragmatic and those who are absolutely against it are trying to grow their epeen and any fictional "honor" they think they might have. It's not harmful, so why complain?

(Any players who want "natural" item trades don't want to feel "babied" by players who use AR codes to create items, which makes the game less fun and takes away the surprise of finding a legitimate item and weighing whether the deal is worth it or not.)

Clavat99
Apr 15, 2010, 10:49 PM
If you know how to hack into PSZ's coding and alter anything (if its gear, unlimited HP/PP, or appearance etc.) is totally fine, so long as you are NOT using anything that would crash, add a virus, or anything of the sort to either nintendo wi-fi connection, other peoples games, or your own game. No one says anywhere that messing with a copy of a game THAT YOU PAYED FOR AND OWN is not legit. I personally do it with emulators and such, and using the same thing with PSZ is fine too. Since it;s a co-op game, there is nothing wrong with making stuff easier for other people since you can kill bosses with one hit. And as for whoever sayd that "Playing with an AR char would make me wnat to delete mine"...Yeah, cause ending up with a guy that can kill anything in one hit, blaze through the hardest dungeons and get you more exp really fast and get you awesome items really fast is SO ANNOYING. Unless it's a deathmatch game like Metroid Prime: Hunters, who gives a crud.

P.S. Can you tell me were i can go to learn how to make Action Replay codes? I've been trying to figure that out FOREVER :)

Seth Astra
Apr 15, 2010, 10:57 PM
MPH hackers... *Shudders* I hate people who hack. I have seen at least 3 people firing off the omega cannon on Combat Hall.

Clavat99
Apr 15, 2010, 11:01 PM
lol, I LOVE using trace. With trace. Since an imperialist headshot dosn't do damage, it just kills. thats like the only way to kill a hacker. (unless the dbag has a hack that prevents headshots) Have you found the wall hacks in cobat hall?

Nick O'Demus
Apr 15, 2010, 11:28 PM
If you know how to hack into PSZ's coding and alter anything (if its gear, unlimited HP/PP, or appearance etc.) is totally fine

If you're going to hack the game to make yourself invincible or give yourself anything you want, why are you even bothering to play at all?

No one says anywhere that messing with a copy of a game THAT YOU PAYED FOR AND OWN is not legit.

Given that Microsoft banned people from Live who've modded their X-Boxes, I'd guess there ARE people who say that.

Clavat99
Apr 16, 2010, 12:03 AM
Yeah, but there arent modding the consoles. they are modding the games. And they arent doing any sort of copyright infringement, so its perfectly legal, and nintendo may not like it, but people are going to do it anyway. and as to bein able to be invincible? Maybe someone has beaten th game on every difficuty level, as every type of charector, and is bored? or someone who just wants to enjoy themselves like not many others can? Thats why people hack co-op or single player games. I beat metroid fusion so many times, that it got boring, so i hacked it. (although people who hack nonco-op gaes are just n00bs who suck so horribly at the game, that they have to hack.)

fingyer
Apr 16, 2010, 12:33 AM
Wow, a lot of mixed replies in here. Everyone here has a good point, I just hope this thread isn't going to inhibit people playing online with me. :-(

johnwolf
Apr 16, 2010, 12:47 AM
actualy...it can mess up the game code. trust me. Hacking a game INGENREAL can mess it up bad. i've seen some AR misshaps before and....well it's not pritty. Alternating the code can screw the game over. even IF the AR has set boundries, if the code you enter in the AR is a number off it can change the code in your game and fuck it up. don't say "it's impossable" for nothing is impossable, just improbable. i can see how people say "Snaking is a Skill" but you can only use it with certen Karts, there for it's the abuse of the Karts stats to give you an edge.

The_Pup
Apr 16, 2010, 12:59 AM
actualy...it can mess up the game code. trust me. Hacking a game INGENREAL can mess it up bad. i've seen some AR misshaps before and....well it's not pritty. Alternating the code can screw the game over. even IF the AR has set boundries, if the code you enter in the AR is a number off it can change the code in your game and fuck it up. don't say "it's impossable" for nothing is impossable, just improbable. i can see how people say "Snaking is a Skill" but you can only use it with certen Karts, there for it's the abuse of the Karts stats to give you an edge.

But it only messes up the data of the USER of the AR. Not anyone who plays with them. It's not HIV. It's AR. And multiplayer games DON'T send AR codes to other games (seriously, it's not HIV) due to the game only sending, receiving and responding to certain messages sent over wireless. Usually games drop "bad packets" or unreadable/corrupted information and packets only contain critical data such as where stuff are and what stuff happened, not information stored in the RAM of the DS (which the AR manipulates).

Snaking is a skill. Use those carts if you want to do it. It's like wavedashing in SSBM. It's a skill but certain characters do it better than others, some can't do it at all.

fingyer
Apr 16, 2010, 01:31 AM
Glad to know that AR coding isn't going to affect to the community in a malicious way.

Also I'm curious, what is snaking? :-)

The_Pup
Apr 16, 2010, 01:37 AM
Glad to know that AR coding isn't going to affect to the community in a malicious way.

Also I'm curious, what is snaking? :-)

In Mario Kart: DS where the user drifts in a certain way (snakelike) in order to boost as much as possible.

fingyer
Apr 16, 2010, 02:06 AM
In Mario Kart: DS where the user drifts in a certain way (snakelike) in order to boost as much as possible.

So, they're drifting in alternate directions, in a snake like fashion to continually get mini-turbos?

johnwolf
Apr 16, 2010, 02:16 AM
So, they're drifting in alternate directions, in a snake like fashion to continually get mini-turbos?

yes but they drift on straitaways and get those corners. it's the reson why Mario Kart Wii got rid of the Snaking system but now it seems Bikes, with it's wheely mini boost, are just as bad as snaking.
@pup: i'm sure my previous post confused you a bit there. i never said anything about Online users. so i asumed you'd get it. my mistake, i should have worded it differently. i totaly agree that it dosn't affect OTHER people saves ONLINE, i was refuring the multiperson saves (like one person plays one file and another person plays on a different one). and if WaveDashing is a glitch, why the hell is it alowed in tournys.

fingyer
Apr 16, 2010, 03:25 AM
Now I'm curious as to what WaveDashing is. :-P

Dallasdaddi
Apr 16, 2010, 10:13 AM
AR screws with your game and it screws up your character if you use it too much i used it alot on my offline psu and one day my character was not lv 141 but lv 1 with 0 hp :( and all rares & exencive & normal weapons were gone ! I only use AR 2 times a day :3 ( OFFLINE ) Of course

Zeon1234567
Apr 16, 2010, 12:20 PM
I could care less bout what you do just dont one hit and be invincible lol

johnwolf
Apr 16, 2010, 01:58 PM
Now I'm curious as to what WaveDashing is. :-P

Wave dashing is a glitch that alows you to travle from one end of the board to the next at much faster speeds. i don't know how you pull it off exactly but it's been in SSBM to. i don't know if it's cheating or if Sponsered Tournaments don't care if you use it. i'm still wondering if it's that Dodge dash move. basicly, you jump than dodge in air while moving foward. if done right you can travel much faster.

kirtblue
Apr 16, 2010, 08:12 PM
as long as you dont do it online i could care less about what you do offline keeping in mind like mentioned before those devices have a nasty habit of corrupting your data

The_Pup
Apr 16, 2010, 08:56 PM
Wave dashing is a glitch that alows you to travle from one end of the board to the next at much faster speeds. i don't know how you pull it off exactly but it's been in SSBM to. i don't know if it's cheating or if Sponsered Tournaments don't care if you use it. i'm still wondering if it's that Dodge dash move. basicly, you jump than dodge in air while moving foward. if done right you can travel much faster.

Short jump and immediately after you leave the ground, air dodge diagnally forwards or backwards. Some characters can do a little extra do zip around the map (Samus can wavedash into her power bombs to zip across the map).

Just makes me lol about how much players were crutched with wavedashing that they started whining and hacked Brawl to bring back some of Mele's mechanics.

fingyer
Apr 16, 2010, 11:01 PM
AR screws with your game and it screws up your character if you use it too much i used it alot on my offline psu and one day my character was not lv 141 but lv 1 with 0 hp :( and all rares & exencive & normal weapons were gone ! I only use AR 2 times a day :3 ( OFFLINE ) Of course

I don't think that's going to happen to me seeing as I don't change my level with the AR codes, all I do is make items and grind the old fashioned way.

I could care less bout what you do just dont one hit and be invincible lol

I don't plan to use any boring hacks like that. ;-)

Thanks for the explanation! :-)

Clavat99
Apr 17, 2010, 12:18 AM
lol i love figuring out glitches.

fingyer
Apr 17, 2010, 12:42 AM
lol i love figuring out glitches.

Figuring out glitches is boring, using them is fun. :-P

Soda
Apr 17, 2010, 01:40 AM
Wow, a lot of mixed replies in here. Everyone here has a good point, I just hope this thread isn't going to inhibit people playing online with me. :-(too late. I hope your DS blows up

fingyer
Apr 17, 2010, 02:57 AM
too late. I hope your DS blows up

Gee thanks, I guess I won't play with you then if you're planning on blowing up my DS...

Soda
Apr 17, 2010, 04:23 AM
Gee thanks, I guess I won't play with you then if you're planning on blowing up my DS...hahahahaa naw I wouldnt want that, your hands might get in the way. but for the hack/cheating part I just think its wrong but hey what can I do, its not like im goanna go over your house and take your ds away. I usually leave when I see cheaters, as long as I dont know their doing it i'll stay

fingyer
Apr 17, 2010, 04:27 AM
hahahahaa naw I wouldnt want that, your hands might get in the way. but for the hack/cheating part I just think its wrong but hey what can I do, its not like im goanna go over your house and take your ds away. I usually leave when I see cheaters, as long as I dont know their doing it i'll stay

I'm not going to announce it every match I enter and I'm not using any cheats that enable me to one hit kills monsters and have unlimited HP and PP. All I do now is forge items and disable the cheats when I go online.

Thanks for not trying to blow my hands off too.

johnwolf
Apr 17, 2010, 06:19 PM
Short jump and immediately after you leave the ground, air dodge diagnally forwards or backwards. Some characters can do a little extra do zip around the map (Samus can wavedash into her power bombs to zip across the map).

Just makes me lol about how much players were crutched with wavedashing that they started whining and hacked Brawl to bring back some of Mele's mechanics.

lols. ok so i WAS right about wavedashing. i don't know if it realy gives you an Edge though. just seems to me like you just increased your speed, not your ability to fight characters.

The_Pup
Apr 17, 2010, 06:32 PM
lols. ok so i WAS right about wavedashing. i don't know if it realy gives you an Edge though. just seems to me like you just increased your speed, not your ability to fight characters.

Ah, here's the Smashwiki entry for it. I learned it after watching it, so I don't know most of the effects other than the basics.

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Wavedash

steaIth
Apr 18, 2010, 12:17 AM
the best glitches are cool areas in racing games

Dobbin
Apr 18, 2010, 12:36 AM
I seriously doubt you guys actually care this much about people using AR.
Just let the man have some fun.

steaIth
Apr 18, 2010, 12:42 AM
Just let the man have some fun. yea really. some glitches are really cool, like being kia i think is cool, i mean, what do you care if someone looks different, people want more customization in this game right, well the are 4 more ways you can be

fingyer
Apr 18, 2010, 12:47 AM
Just let the man have some fun.

Yay! ^^

kirtblue
Apr 18, 2010, 06:50 PM
i have to disagree ar and glitches mess things up for everyone ever do a run with someone who ohko everything or the gunblade glitch its super annoying for any player who spent the time to level up to become more powerful only to be outclassed by some lame hacker but the worst thing about this is these people level up they didnt earn those levels they cheated to get them and that really pisses me off as i spent 430 hours on this game to get higher levels and better gear these people just make godlike weapons out of thin air and with 2 x speed and extra damage its really a slap in the face for anyone who took the time to find there gear and earn there levels

Dobbin
Apr 18, 2010, 07:04 PM
Then don't spend time leveling or grinding.
Just buy a AR and cheat.

Problem solved.

kirtblue
Apr 18, 2010, 07:18 PM
Then don't spend time leveling or grinding.
Just buy a AR and cheat.

Problem solved.

why even bother i mean if you start the game with an ar and already have access to the best gear in the game or can start at maxx level whats the fun in that

Dobbin
Apr 18, 2010, 07:20 PM
why even bother i mean if you start the game with an ar and already have access to the best gear in the game or can start at maxx level whats the fun in that

Everything.

kirtblue
Apr 18, 2010, 07:33 PM
if you say so but thats just an opinion and your intitled to yours but i dont see how that could be possibly be fun but to each their own i guess what im trying to get across is dont try and pass yourself off as legit make sure people know your cheating and if they are ok with it great but but some players are not ok with it and you should try and respect that

edit also if cheat it would be wonderful if you avoided freeplay really annoying when i get to the boss and have to drop out because someone decided they cant beat it without using a glitch

Dobbin
Apr 18, 2010, 07:37 PM
If that's really the reason you think people drop out, then you are mistaken.
People dont drop out because they can't beat said boss without a glitch. They drop out because:
1. They are bored
2. They don't like another persons play style
or
3. They had to go.

Bosses are not hard online...

kirtblue
Apr 18, 2010, 08:27 PM
if you say so but thats just an opinion and your intitled to yours but i dont see how that could be possibly be fun but to each their own i guess what im trying to get across is dont try and pass yourself off as legit make sure people know your cheating and if they are ok with it great but but some players are not ok with it and you should try and respect that

edit also if cheat it would be wonderful if you avoided freeplay really annoying when i get to the boss and have to drop out because someone decided they cant beat it without using a glitch

not sure if you even read what i posted so ill quote it i dont really care the reasons why others drop out i stated why i would drop out at a boss if a player uses a glitch this seems like its gunna go on forever as your trying to argue about opinions so i will simply say i can respect your opinion i just dont share it so good day sir

fingyer
Apr 19, 2010, 03:26 AM
i have to disagree ar and glitches mess things up for everyone ever do a run with someone who ohko everything or the gunblade glitch its super annoying for any player who spent the time to level up to become more powerful only to be outclassed by some lame hacker but the worst thing about this is these people level up they didnt earn those levels they cheated to get them and that really pisses me off as i spent 430 hours on this game to get higher levels and better gear these people just make godlike weapons out of thin air and with 2 x speed and extra damage its really a slap in the face for anyone who took the time to find there gear and earn there levels

I didn't cheat to earn my levels, I leveled up fair and square. I got to level 50 without even using an AR and I just decided I wanted to use one. I'm still taking the time to grind and earn experience. It takes me just as many runs of a field to level up at the same rate as everyone else so I don't see the problem.

Kytan
Apr 19, 2010, 09:27 AM
In response to the snaking comment earlier: it IS a skill. Yes, some karts are better at it, but all the karts have different stats anyway. And even after that, there's still diversity in what karts are usable. My older brother was quite the snaker in the R.O.B. standard, which is not an easy kart to snake in, but for skillful snakers it makes up for this with its high top speed. In fact, the only karts that a skillful snaker CAN'T snake in are the ones that either have a REALLY high drift stat, or a really short turbo boost. And those karts aren't great even if you can't snake. In short: the only people who I've seen complain about snaking are the ones who didn't take the time to learn how to do it. </rant>

Back on topic though, I don't really care how you got your levels. I don't see the point of taking the shortcuts, but as long as you don't negatively affect my game play in any way, and that includes using any cheats while playing with me, I don't care. It only becomes annoying when my time is wasted by your cheats :P

kirtblue
Apr 20, 2010, 12:17 AM
dude kytan thats all i was trying to say

The_Pup
Apr 20, 2010, 01:08 AM
If that's really the reason you think people drop out, then you are mistaken.
People dont drop out because they can't beat said boss without a glitch. They drop out because:
1. They are bored
2. They don't like another persons play style
or
3. They had to go.

Bosses are not hard online...

You forgot:

4. Connection dropped randomly due to technical difficulties =.=;

Soda
Apr 20, 2010, 01:58 AM
I'm not going to announce it every match I enter and I'm not using any cheats that enable me to one hit kills monsters and have unlimited HP and PP. All I do now is forge items and disable the cheats when I go online.

Thanks for not trying to blow my hands off too.its still cheating period. I feel like some chinese food right now, orange chicken anyone?

fingyer
Apr 20, 2010, 03:07 AM
Back on topic though, I don't really care how you got your levels. I don't see the point of taking the shortcuts, but as long as you don't negatively affect my game play in any way, and that includes using any cheats while playing with me, I don't care. It only becomes annoying when my time is wasted by your cheats :P

My cheats won't affect your game play and/or waste your time. :-)

its still cheating period. I feel like some chinese food right now, orange chicken anyone?

I never said it wasn't cheating. Can I has orange chicken? :-)

Ban3
Apr 21, 2010, 11:54 AM
Changing how you look I guess is okay. But I wouldn't do anything more ^_^

chibiLegolas
Apr 21, 2010, 02:05 PM

Agree!
It annoys me mainly because hackers tend to be crappy teammates online. They didn't play long enough to know how (or care to be) useful teammates on an online co-op game. I play online (freeplay anyways) cause I want someone to back me up and vice versa.
Not to watch someone goof around, check their inventory after every room, swap weapons that are obviously crappy while I'm getting pounded on, no anti/resta/moons/traps, etc.
I just end up feeling like I'm babysitting for them, or they're just there for free exp & drops.

The ONLY AR code I personally can tollerate is the NPC skin one. Everything else you aught to earn yourself so you can LEARN how to use your character class well (for online anyways). Offline, I could care less.

Which reminds me with last night's game on Freeplay: SHard Ruins.
I ran into a player with a REVES skin, who also chose to call himself REVES.
Somehow there's also a code that can allow you to join a SHard room while being level 1.
A FOmarl and my HUcaseal basically babysat him halfway through the dungeon and watch him gain a level after EVERY SINGLE enemy kill. (I stuck around cause I was curious about the hack). By the time I was fed up with him and dc, he was already lvl 64.
Now I'm suppost to be calm about a player who practically just gained 64 free levels (ran into him the next game, so I saw his lvl), didn't contribute to the team (other than take hits and distract enemies), and runs around with (I think were) hack weapons (he was using a rod I've never seen before. That's right, a HUnewman with a staff, but no techs)?
Well, at least I have the power to dc for next time.

fingyer
Apr 23, 2010, 10:36 PM
Somehow there's also a code that can allow you to join a SHard room while being level 1.

Never heard of that one :P

Chukie sue
Apr 24, 2010, 01:03 PM
I recently acquired the ability to write Action Replay Codes and I was wondering how much I could get away with. :-P

I have some various topics of ARC codes and my opinions. I'd also like to hear from the community what they think.

Changing your character's appearance.
I think this is perfectly fine, no one is against joining an online game where one of their teammates is Sarisa right?

Creating gear that can be possible.
I think that this is also alright, seeing as if you're getting gear that is possible then there's no real advantage over other players if they can also acquire this gear.

Creating impossible gear.
I think that this is a matter for debate, but I'm leaning towards its going a bit far.

Using unlimited health, PP or Photon Blast charge.
Definitely too far.

Well I think that pretty much covers it, anything else including making your character stronger than was ever possible is wrong, but I think everything else is okay! Lemme know what you think.

Also, don't get mad at me! :-(

Im fine with you doing all of those. The games already INCREDIBLY easy anyway, so unnlimited PB/PP/HP wont make a big different. Impossible gear same thing. Creating gear same thing. People say not to trade it but i'd say a good portion on hacked items on circulating the market already so I dont care... Thought I can understand people still not wanting to to trade hacked items.

And for the record, I put using ET floor teleporting cheats to get good items in the same category and trading hacked items... Which I said I dont really care about.

fingyer
Apr 24, 2010, 10:15 PM
Im fine with you doing all of those. The games already INCREDIBLY easy anyway, so unnlimited PB/PP/HP wont make a big different. Impossible gear same thing. Creating gear same thing. People say not to trade it but i'd say a good portion on hacked items on circulating the market already so I dont care... Thought I can understand people still not wanting to to trade hacked items.

And for the record, I put using ET floor teleporting cheats to get good items in the same category and trading hacked items... Which I said I dont really care about.

I was testing some hacked weapons and tried to trade them with my sister but it failed. Maybe the game stopped it because they had 127 grinders used on them :D.

Chukie sue
Apr 25, 2010, 01:42 PM
Yeah, I have friends who hax'd this game to death. There was some maximum limit with grinders somewhere :/

Interesting how 127 seems to be the grinder limit as well as the mag's individual stat limit :o

fingyer
Apr 25, 2010, 10:47 PM
Yeah, I have friends who hax'd this game to death. There was some maximum limit with grinders somewhere :/

Interesting how 127 seems to be the grinder limit as well as the mag's individual stat limit :o

That is strange, but I'd expect it to be 128 or 255 or something similar. Also have you ever tried a mag that has 127 in all its stats? :3

Chukie sue
Apr 27, 2010, 09:14 AM
That is strange, but I'd expect it to be 128 or 255 or something similar. Also have you ever tried a mag that has 127 in all its stats? :3

Nope, but I know people who have.

Whenever I get around to it, Im gonna probably hack my characters elemental defense, and try to dig around to see the actual drop rates for items, and see if I can swap them... For instance: Swapping photon drops from yelow boxes to say.... Akatsuki In's or something...

Sorry for late response :(

fingyer
Apr 28, 2010, 03:24 AM
Nope, but I know people who have.

Whenever I get around to it, Im gonna probably hack my characters elemental defense, and try to dig around to see the actual drop rates for items, and see if I can swap them... For instance: Swapping photon drops from yelow boxes to say.... Akatsuki In's or something...

Good to see someone who can justify a reason for hacking and be okay with it!~ :D

Sorry for late response :(

Its alright, I respond at a fairly irregular basis as well. :D

Chukie sue
Apr 28, 2010, 01:29 PM
Yeah, hacking is just so much fun ._.

Seriously, Im inputting digits or something and I convince myself that Im smart... even though it's probably not the case. ;)

I'll make a topic witht he drop rates in them... probably around the same time I make an evp/ata/FAQ guide.

steaIth
Apr 28, 2010, 02:33 PM
yea, it would be nice to see those drop rates

fingyer
Apr 29, 2010, 02:01 AM
Yeah, hacking is just so much fun ._.

Seriously, Im inputting digits or something and I convince myself that Im smart... even though it's probably not the case. ;)

I'll make a topic witht he drop rates in them... probably around the same time I make an evp/ata/FAQ guide.

Hacking is fun. The drop rates will be useful for players who don't hack. ^^

Chukie sue
Apr 29, 2010, 10:47 AM
I dont hack my items D: Well I guess it doesn't really matter anymore since Im kinda... "retired"

By hacking I mean going into the games memory viewer and messing with things... Like.. Chaning Helions to Arkzeins for instance.

RRyuugu
Apr 29, 2010, 08:30 PM
I don't really care about cheating as long as it's within the game limits (no bringing Level 7 element weapons into games)

But if that cheater goes into a game with his instant Level 100 character and acts like a noob because he didn't get the actual "player experience" that goes along with playing the game then he should just turn off WiFi and play on his own. I've ran into Level 100's in Freeplay who play as though it was their first time fighting the bosses.

The_Pup
Apr 30, 2010, 05:34 AM
That is strange, but I'd expect it to be 128 or 255 or something similar. Also have you ever tried a mag that has 127 in all its stats? :3Binary goes by 2s. So 0, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, etc....

0-127 (128 )
0-255 (256)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_numeral_system
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexadecimal

In an unrelated note... Learn to count binary with your fingers. 0-31 on a single hand is better than 0-10 using both (though going up to 1023 isn't really necessary). It's pretty easy to learn as it's just memorizing powers of 2 and using simple addition. (I took interest trying to figure out how DM flags for QII worked.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finger_binary

fingyer
May 1, 2010, 03:12 AM
Binary goes by 2s. So 0, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, etc....

0-127 (128 )
0-255 (256)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_numeral_system
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexadecimal

In an unrelated note... Learn to count binary with your fingers. 0-31 on a single hand is better than 0-10 using both (though going up to 1023 isn't really necessary). It's pretty easy to learn as it's just memorizing powers of 2 and using simple addition. (I took interest trying to figure out how DM flags for QII worked.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finger_binary

*facepalm*
I sorta screwed that up. I do know binary, its just powers of 2, but I didn't know that 127 could be considered 128 or whatever you meant by that.

Also "128 sign" you for being such a smart guy :-P

Chukie sue
May 1, 2010, 02:23 PM
Oh thanks The_Pup. wikipedia is teh winzors ;D

jmanx
May 2, 2010, 02:36 AM
Manly Players make their RAmars Sarisa

kirtblue
May 2, 2010, 06:55 PM
Manly Players make their RAmars Sarisa

really? omg thats funny sarisa may not be a loli at all but a transgender

SkyPioneer
May 10, 2010, 12:50 AM
I'm a bit of a seasoned code junkie. I'm pretty handy with AR, and I've developed shitloads of cheats for it, whether it be for using Kai as a skin or making an impossibly overpowered weapon (PM me if you want any item codes btw).

My stance: fuck you, I'll do whatever I want in offline play.
Online however, I always ask my fellow players if they consent to me using overpowered items, etc. And there are no stances in which I would use an infinite x esque code.
Childish codes like 99999999k meseta are alright imo.

fingyer
May 10, 2010, 03:18 AM
I'm a bit of a seasoned code junkie. I'm pretty handy with AR, and I've developed shitloads of cheats for it, whether it be for using Kai as a skin or making an impossibly overpowered weapon (PM me if you want any item codes btw).

My stance: fuck you, I'll do whatever I want in offline play.
Online however, I always ask my fellow players if they consent to me using overpowered items, etc. And there are no stances in which I would use an infinite x esque code.
Childish codes like 99999999k meseta are alright imo.

This is exactly what I was saying, and no-one was against you using codes in offline play. Also, I don't think you're allowed to exchange AR codes here...

Sleeper
May 10, 2010, 05:27 AM
I really couldnt care less what people do offline. At all. But the max attack cheats spoil it during online play, and those rush attacks that kill enemies as soon as you enter a room.
In other words, go for your life offline but be careful online.

I love that this thread has gotten more posts on it than most normal topics.

fingyer
May 11, 2010, 02:23 AM
I really couldnt care less what people do offline. At all. But the max attack cheats spoil it during online play, and those rush attacks that kill enemies as soon as you enter a room.
In other words, go for your life offline but be careful online.

I love that this thread has gotten more posts on it than most normal topics.

I agree that max attack hacks and things that auto kill make it too boring.

The reason that this thread has so many posts is because I started it and everyone loves me!

steaIth
May 11, 2010, 05:24 PM
The reason that this thread has so many posts is because I started it and everyone loves me!
agreed

Broken_L_button
May 11, 2010, 05:50 PM

I agree with this one too.

Cruciarius
May 11, 2010, 06:42 PM

I disagree. I have zero tolerance for newbs who ruin great games. Max damage cheats are the same as cheats to change your level, edit your own weapons, change your character into an NPC, etc. They're all the same.

If you want a community that doesn't care about cheaters, go to GameFAQs.

zeital
May 11, 2010, 06:48 PM

I disagree. I have zero tolerance for newbs who ruin great games. Max damage cheats are the same as cheats to change your level, edit your own weapons, change your character into an NPC, etc. They're all the same.

i agree with Cruciarius, i think this topic as gone on too long, every day i come on here and see this topic and i just faceplam

Quintus_The_Force
May 11, 2010, 08:28 PM
I cant find any AR codes

lil help?

PM me

zeital
May 11, 2010, 08:44 PM
I cant find any AR codes

lil help?

PM me

this is y this topic should have been deleted like the rest of them like it

Cruciarius
May 11, 2010, 09:17 PM
this is y this topic should have been deleted like the rest of them like it

Agreed. I've reported this thread a few times, but apparently the mods are all on vacation. :-?

Talk of AR codes, R4 and ROMs shouldn't be allowed here.

Broken_L_button
May 11, 2010, 09:24 PM
Agreed. I've reported this thread a few times, but apparently the mods are all on vacation. :-?

Talk of AR codes, R4 and ROMs shouldn't be allowed here.

I guess the fact that there are no post/links explicitely about AR and how to make or use such things kept this thread alive for so long. Or maybe I might have missed something? Anyways, the fact it's still here boggles my mind.

fingyer
May 12, 2010, 04:03 AM

You're saying you DON'T love me? Everyone else does! ^^

Don't call people names like 'newbs', its not nice. Also, its not like you are head of the community and can say an entire opinion on their behalf, I haven't seen many people on this thread asking for it to be deleted, no-one else gas gotten so angry that they resort to name calling either. In fact, you seem to be the one doing most of the complaining. Do you just go around 'mini-modding' the forums listing off rules to people and telling them everything they can't do? If you don't think its right, it isn't? Your word is law?

If you don't like this thread don't post in it. The mods will decide its fate.

I guess the fact that there are no post/links explicitely about AR and how to make or use such things kept this thread alive for so long. Or maybe I might have missed something? Anyways, the fact it's still here boggles my mind.

It's strange that if no-one wants this thread that its still here. Also, this thread has not talked about trading AR codes or anything and I don't wish to do so on this thread - in fact, I don't even use AR codes anymore.

I cant find any AR codes

lil help?

PM me

This is reason, if any that this thread should be closed. But there is very little of this and this is not what this topic is about anyway.

agreed

I agree with this one too.

Awwww thanks guys!

/endrant

Sleeper
May 12, 2010, 05:17 AM
The thread started with a simple question and it evolved into an ethics about Action Replay.
I really wouldn't mind if this was the 101st and last post.

Quintus_The_Force
May 12, 2010, 08:31 PM
Hey I just want a code to get to the end of the ET, thats it, im sick of grinding it, so gimme a break :ak:

and if your making a thread about writing/using AR codes, and then feel bad when the board flames you forcing you to cop out saying u dont use codes is lame, and if u do know codes (WHICH I DONT THINK YOU DO) and are keeping them a secret then thats even lamer, but I think you dont even know any codes and made this thread to start trouble, and thats the lamest of all

Dhylec
May 12, 2010, 09:00 PM
Hey I just want a code to get to the end of the ET, thats it, im sick of grinding it, so gimme a break :ak:
Again, this is the wrong place to ask for it.
The thread survives this long because it hasn't linked to illegal sites or posted harmful codes yet. You can find & ask it elsewhere, but not at PSOW.
I heard there is a good search engine name google or bing or something like that.

Cruciarius
May 13, 2010, 01:18 AM
"Lame" is jumping to the top of ET, killing the mother and claiming the drops are legit.

fingyer
May 13, 2010, 06:10 AM

and if your making a thread about writing/using AR codes, and then feel bad when the board flames you forcing you to cop out saying u dont use codes is lame, and if u do know codes (WHICH I DONT THINK YOU DO) and are keeping them a secret then thats even lamer, but I think you dont even know any codes and made this thread to start trouble, and thats the lamest of all

I can keep whatever I want a secret and I was asking a honest question to the community. I'm not giving you any codes. I'm not allowed to.

Hacking to the top of ET for drops? Now that's just plain stupid.

Chukie sue
May 13, 2010, 09:19 AM
just plain awesome*

I'd say after 95483950 ammount of hours that would be a breath of fresh air considering my luck is -5000... I wouldn't trade anything nor boast about it, especially because it's just by luck that you get rare items. I'm going to say a good GOOD ammount of traded items have been obtained through the use of a flashcart or action replay.

Actually, one of my PSZ buddies had some sick flashcart which allowed him to save anywhere, can you guess where he saved?

I just want PSZ2... The first couple months of PSZ were glorious, and the only known hackers came up with topics like "Trading Yonohate IN 50/50/50/50/50 +127 for radam soul plawks" Goood times :'(

Chukie sue
May 13, 2010, 09:26 AM

If this board was flaming - they suck at it.

It's unlikely Fingyer would lie just to try and keep PSOW's members having a decent opinion of him/her considering we're all just strangers...

Sorry for butting it, I'm just always looking for someone to disagree with :3

Broken_L_button
May 13, 2010, 09:32 AM
Sorry for butting it, I'm just always looking for someone to disagree with :3

Lol, like that time when you made a second "eveyone who trades is unlegit topic" on Gfaqs? It's funny how people just suddenly forget how to read and to be rationnal when they see the words "hack", "unlegit", "legitimacy" and such in a post. Ahh...It must be fun to just let that inner witch-hunter go loose...

Nick O'Demus
May 13, 2010, 09:59 AM
jThe first couple months of PSZ were glorious, and the only known hackers came up with topics like "Trading Yonohate IN 50/50/50/50/50 +127 for radam soul plawks"

One of the reasons I'm collecting rares with 0/0/0/0/0 stats: can you think of anybody who would make a hacked weapon with 0'd stats?

Cruciarius
May 13, 2010, 10:12 AM
If they think people would trade for all 0 %s more than an obvious hacked one, then maybe.

Personally, I'll never trade. AR, ROMs and R4s just ruin the game too much. I wish game devs and even Nintendo would do some sort of anti-hacking protection for their games. That way AR will go out of business and games will be more enjoyable.

If you need AR or other cheats to enjoy a game, then you just suck at the game and/or need a new game.

Broken_L_button
May 13, 2010, 10:25 AM
If they think people would trade for all 0 %s more than an obvious hacked one, then maybe.

Personally, I'll never trade. AR, ROMs and R4s just ruin the game too much. I wish game devs and even Nintendo would do some sort of anti-hacking protection for their games. That way AR will go out of business and games will be more enjoyable.

If you need AR or other cheats to enjoy a game, then you just suck at the game and/or need a new game.

Well, that's what AP and encryption are for. But, in the end, no protection is perfect; hackers still manage to get around it after a certain time. If the game devs did invest MUCH more time into AP and the encrytption of their games, the hackers would have a much more arduous task ahead of them, but, in the end, they'd still get around it.

Also, you need to keep in mind that, for the developpers, the main objective is to realease the game at a certain date. Putting too much time into encrypting the data would delay the game's release, taking away potential profits from the company and making the whole development processs counter-productive.

Just my two cents on the matter, once again.

Quintus_The_Force
May 13, 2010, 03:04 PM
whatever people -_-

Ill ask whatever I want, mind your buisness

Thanks @ PM :D

Cruciarius
May 13, 2010, 03:17 PM
Ill ask whatever I want, mind your buisness

We will, if you obey the forum rules. :lol:

As stated several times before, if you want a community that supports newb actions, such as cheats, R4s, ROMs, etc., then go to GameFAQs. We don't want that stuff here.

Chukie sue
May 13, 2010, 03:48 PM

Well they do make anti piracy for ROMS - and they do put in some measures to stop hacking on wifi. Though I dont see how ROMs ruin the game... I see it as more people getting to play who otherwise may not be able to, thus making wifi more active. Yeah I've heard of people saying "this guy haxd cuz i got uh wifi error" or stuff like that, but I have yet to find a real case of this...

R4's aren't noobs :'( They're the poor mans GameStop... You know... like Faygo Moon Mist to Mountain Dew! :D

Chukie sue
May 13, 2010, 03:50 PM
Lol, like that time when you made a second "eveyone who trades is unlegit topic" on Gfaqs? It's funny how people just suddenly forget how to read and to be rationnal when they see the words "hack", "unlegit", "legitimacy" and such in a post. Ahh...It must be fun to just let that inner witch-hunter go loose...

Rawr >:O

That -but I didnt really go into it >:/ Mostly saying "your opinion is wrong" or somethign like that ;D

Chukie sue
May 13, 2010, 03:52 PM
One of the reasons I'm collecting rares with 0/0/0/0/0 stats: can you think of anybody who would make a hacked weapon with 0'd stats?

My Rika's Claw is 0/0/0/0/0 ._. It was originally Eden's - one of the first found on GFAGS :D

But yeah, true genius:

People making 50/43/27/49/45 Hadan Bites lollooloololol

Cruciarius
May 13, 2010, 04:28 PM
Ew... triple post in a row? :P

ROMs usually have built-in cheat options in the players.
ROMs and R4s also don't cost anything (aside from buying the R4 itself), which means game companies make no money. Sega recently had to let a bunch of people go, because of not able to pay them (I think that was the reason).

Broken_L_button
May 13, 2010, 06:03 PM

ROMs and R4s also don't cost anything (aside from buying the R4 itself), which means game companies make no money. Sega recently had to let a bunch of people go, because of not able to pay them (I think that was the reason).

Hmmm...Fair point indeed. Then again, all game companies have to deal with that, and getting their games pirated isn't the only thing that MIGHT run companies out of business. Off the top of my head, I can think of these reasons for SEGA to "maybe" go bankrupt:

-Superior competition
-Beating dead horses instead of adapting themselves to the new market
-HORRIBLE customer service and support for their products (remember SEGA's servers for the online PS games? Having the habit of shutting down servers after a certain amount of time doesn't help keeping your customers hooked to your product.)

R4s and ROMs single-handedly making a company go bankrupt? Please. To be succesfull in the business world, you need to adapt and innovate. Oh, and on the matter of players being "lolgit"or "unlolgit", since you can't distinguish those who use R4s or any other flashcart from those that bought the actual cartridge, there are only 2 main kinds of players:

-Those that don't cheat
-Those that cheat

And, whitin those 2 main groups, there are 2 sub-groups

For those that don't cheat:

-Those that keep a level-headed attitude and THINK

-Those that are proud of boosting their E-peens by boasting about their "lolgitimacy" and go "RARARARARARARARWITCHHUNTRARARARAR!!!" whenever lolgitimacy/cheating becomes the topic of conversation

For those that cheat:

-Those that cheat in an unnoticeable way
-Those that cheat online for all to see, and yes...Sometimes ending up breaking the game (even though a level 4 CelebHadan bite does that job just as well)

Anyways, IMO, there are idiots on both sides (h4xers and lolgits) and they BOTH make the game un-enjoyable.

Chukie sue
May 13, 2010, 06:36 PM

Triple post because I dont know how to know how to quote multiple in one post >_>

ROMs dont have the cheats in them, though the flash carts usually do. I say support the company if you can and buy the game. However, I (usually) can't do that :/ Being a minor I rarely get ahold of some money nor the oppportunity to earn it :/

Im not justifying it - I'm just fooling myself into thinking Im doing someone thing goof for SEGA by making there game more popular ^-^

@ BLB(<3) -Those that are proud of boosting their E-peens by boasting about their "lolgitimacy" and go "RARARARARARARARWITCHHUNTRARARARAR!!!" whenever lolgitimacy/cheating becomes the topic of conversation

I was gonna go do this on GFAGS later lololololol.

Cruciarius
May 13, 2010, 07:42 PM
I didn't say ROMs had cheats built in. The ROM players, aka emulators, have built in cheat options. At least they did last I checked. And yes, I used to play some ROMs of old SNES and NES games, but ones that I owned. I was just too lazy to get the system out, dust it off and find all the cords.

And no, R4 and ROMs don't help a company go bankrupt, but they don't help them any either.

Chukie sue
May 13, 2010, 08:10 PM
Sorry, I went back and read your post and now I understand clearly ^_^

Broken_L_button
May 13, 2010, 08:17 PM
And no, R4 and ROMs don't help a company go bankrupt, but they don't help them any either.

Well, I guess we agree with each other on that one. ROMs and R4s are just another form of "competition" those companies will have to get around if they want to continue to get the customer support. Not the fairest competition, that's for sure. The music industry gets their music pirated ALL the time and you don;t see them all go "OMG WE GOTTA GO AND RESTRUCTURE". All those jobs they had to cut were only because of SEGA's own idiocy. Oh, and...

I really wouldn't mind if this was the 101st and last post.

...I guess we kinda crushed that, lol.

FrostyTopHat
May 13, 2010, 11:59 PM
Yes while these hacks ruin a game, and while hacking for items in this game takes all the pleasure out of it, I see why people are defensive about it.

fingyer
May 17, 2010, 02:40 AM
Well they do make anti piracy for ROMS - and they do put in some measures to stop hacking on wifi. Though I dont see how ROMs ruin the game... I see it as more people getting to play who otherwise may not be able to, thus making wifi more active. Yeah I've heard of people saying "this guy haxd cuz i got uh wifi error" or stuff like that, but I have yet to find a real case of this...

R4's aren't noobs :'( They're the poor mans GameStop... You know... like Faygo Moon Mist to Mountain Dew! :D

The anti-piracy on certain games is getting pretty darn good. There's a few games that I, personally, haven't been able to get to work. These include: Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver, Mario and Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story and the Kingdom Hearts on the DS. Although I have seen people that have cracked them, I lack the patience or skill to do it for myself.

I don't think hacks affect the other player because I was playing with my sister on the New Super Mario brothers and I was using a cheat to get any items. I got an item that made me mini and I ran through a small gap. On her DS screen I was still large and running into a wall.

Triple post because I dont know how to know how to quote multiple in one post >_>

ROMs dont have the cheats in them, though the flash carts usually do. I say support the company if you can and buy the game. However, I (usually) can't do that :/ Being a minor I rarely get ahold of some money nor the oppportunity to earn it :/

Im not justifying it - I'm just fooling myself into thinking Im doing someone thing goof for SEGA by making there game more popular ^-^

@ BLB(<3) -Those that are proud of boosting their E-peens by boasting about their "lolgitimacy" and go "RARARARARARARARWITCHHUNTRARARARAR!!!" whenever lolgitimacy/cheating becomes the topic of conversation

I was gonna go do this on GFAGS later lololololol.

To multi quote, in the bottom right of what you want to quote click "Multi".

Cheats on a flashcart are stored in a separate file to the game and can be disabled whenever.

GFAGS, good one, nice. *hi fives*

Sleeper
May 17, 2010, 04:36 AM
Hehehe. Mybe hackers are just destined to **** us off. Oh well, I have no problem if they do it in their own time.By themselves. BUT! surely some of those hacks must ruin it for themselves. By the way, you might want to rename this thread.

Chukie sue
May 17, 2010, 07:50 AM
Im hacking this game to discover the drop rates and to see if you can unlock the Fu swords - sorry for screwing you over ._.

I like high5's :D I secretly wanted this topic to get bumped all along :3

fingyer
May 21, 2010, 10:09 PM
Im hacking this game to discover the drop rates and to see if you can unlock the Fu swords - sorry for screwing you over ._.

I like high5's :D I secretly wanted this topic to get bumped all along :3

*Goes for another hi-five!*

Hehehe. Mybe hackers are just destined to **** us off. Oh well, I have no problem if they do it in their own time.By themselves. BUT! surely some of those hacks must ruin it for themselves. By the way, you might want to rename this thread.

Can please suggest a new name?

Broken_L_button
May 21, 2010, 10:32 PM
Can please suggest a new name?

"The best thread on this board evar"?

Arrow
May 22, 2010, 05:52 AM
(looks into crystal ball)

this thread will have an insane amount of posts b4 it becomes a dead thread!

therefore we shall dub thee thread....

"The insanely long thread about the Action Replay...thing..."

:-P:-P:-P:-D:-D:-D

fingyer
May 22, 2010, 06:19 AM
"The best thread on this board evar"?

I'm gonna go with this one!

--> Problem. I forgets how to?

Galax
May 22, 2010, 09:21 AM
I'm gonna go with this one!

--> Problem. I forgets how to?

Edit the first post.

Chukie sue
May 22, 2010, 10:42 AM
I sense this topic will be deleted before we squeeze all the fun outa it D':

fingyer
May 23, 2010, 05:01 AM
I sense this topic will be deleted before we squeeze all the fun outa it D':

We'll see, I doubt it. It's not even to do with AR anymore as the title will tell you... :D

Nick O'Demus
May 23, 2010, 10:13 AM
The best thread on this board evar.

*cough* (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169855) and *cough* (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170646)

Ryna
May 23, 2010, 10:23 AM
Since this thread has run its course, I am going to lock it. I'm also going to rename it so the title is relevant to the thread's content.