PDA

View Full Version : Attack Technique / Force?

Hatrix
Apr 15, 2010, 01:22 AM
I just recently played through normal with my FOnewm and have been able to test
all the techs. I'm always using Zonde on every level, and switching foie & megid around in my 2nd pallete spot. Grants seems ok but it's rather slow at Lv.3. What do you guys like using? oh and will Grants get alot faster?

fingyer
Apr 15, 2010, 01:39 AM
My LV11 Grants, after casting, "explodes" in around 2-3 seconds, if you're really concerned about the speed use Gigrants :-) (sacrificing power for speed). I never used a lower level so I don't have a basis for comparison. Personally, on my palette, I have Megid, Grants and regular attack. And holding R, Anti, Trifluids and Resta.

Also, Grants and Megid look really cool! ^^

zeital
Apr 15, 2010, 04:54 AM
realy it depend where u r
mainly tho i use megid, zonde and grants only on the 2nd part of shrine and sometimes on DF and the buff/debuffs, most FO's always keep zonde on the palette, and i like never use barta, and foie i only use in rioh

The_Pup
Apr 15, 2010, 10:01 PM
My bread and butter is Resta, Shifta, Zonde and Foie/Megid (I use a Foney). Just able to get to Super Hard on my Foney and getting used to it. So it's the above and Jellen.

I use Grants when I have to, but since it's more expensive than Megid and I don't have any bonuses for it, I only use it in Shrine.

FOmarRashidi
Apr 15, 2010, 11:11 PM
With regards to Gigrants, I would rather avoid using that because it eats away your PP quickly.

The_Pup
Apr 16, 2010, 12:29 AM
With regards to Gigrants, I would rather avoid using that because it eats away your PP quickly.

Grants and Gigrants have same PP cost (at least using L15) of 44 PP.

FOmarRashidi
Apr 16, 2010, 12:35 AM
Grants and Gigrants have same PP cost (at least using L15) of 44 PP.

Really? I guess it seems like that because Gigrants charges faster.

fingyer
Apr 16, 2010, 12:40 AM
All of the levels of Grants have the same PP cost of Gigrants. Its just that Gigrants is weaker than regular Grants. You know.... this site could've told you that! ;-)

FOmarRashidi
Apr 16, 2010, 12:48 AM
All of the levels of Grants have the same PP cost of Gigrants. Its just that Gigrants is weaker than regular Grants. You know.... this site could've told you that! ;-)

Yes, yes, but I have rarely looked at that so pardon my ignorance. In any case, I mostly use the Grants in the 2nd part of the shrine. I prefer to Gimegid the hostiles together and then use that for bigger damage output than using Gigrants. Speaking of Gimegid, I love using that tech. It pulls the mobs together for spamming another tech or PA.

fingyer
Apr 16, 2010, 01:35 AM
Yes, yes, but I have rarely looked at that so pardon my ignorance. In any case, I mostly use the Grants in the 2nd part of the shrine. I prefer to Gimegid the hostiles together and then use that for bigger damage output than using Gigrants. Speaking of Gimegid, I love using that tech. It pulls the mobs together for spamming another tech or PA.

Can't blame anyone for wanting to use Gimegid. It's just not natural not to like it!

Seth Astra
Apr 16, 2010, 08:04 AM
FOnewearl, so... Yeah, I main megid. Actually Gimegid, then tapping the tech button as fast as possible. Really only two megids then I go melee with my rod, usually using rodeo dive. For bosses I swich my pallette from megid to zonde and abuse the charge attack. My favorite matematical equation in this game: 4-chain flozir+Razonde spam=dead boss.

kirtblue
Apr 16, 2010, 08:08 PM
yeah more forces need to abuse gimegid it brings all the mobs together for the hunters and rangers and sets you up perfectly for gizonde or gifoie