PDA

View Full Version : Fan Fic Group Fic: Project Hellstorm

Seth Astra
Apr 18, 2010, 01:17 AM
Hey everyone. I know I said I'd wait till tomorrow, but it's late tonight, so I'm posting now. For those of you who need an example: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39202. This will take a while to get through, but it's more or less what I'm aiming for. A serious overarching plot, with some serious moments, but with large amounts of humor. This will be based on PSO Episodes 1, 2 & 4. And just so you know, if you see me make some mistakes in terms of accuracy to the game, let me know. All I know about the game I learned from fanfics and occasional visits to this site's database.

---

A cloaked figure is running through the allies in one of the less maintained parts of Pioneer 2. Everyone of its footsteps leaves a loud clank of metal on metal. Following the figure are four hunters.
In the lead was a well-built HUmar, his deep black hair longer than normal. His outfit was white, although his shorts underneath were purple. He chose these colors because they were similar to those worn by his teacher. On his left wrist he wore a Red Ring. On the same hip, he had a sheathed katana. His face was serious, although it betrayed his firm confidence.

Following close at his heels was a HUnewearl. Her outfit was blue, her shirt covering the entirety of her stomach, unlike most HUnewearls that you'd see. This complimented here pale blue hair, which fell loosely down her back, just past her shoulders. On her left arm she had what appeared to be an armguard, covering the lower half of her forearm. She also wielded katanas, one on each hip.
On the other side of the HUmar, and slightly behind, was a HUcast with a yellow and white paint job and a samurai-helmet like head. On his right arm was a Syakuenn-houga claw,turned off, and on his left, a tripolic reflector.

In the back was a tall, skinny FOnewm. He had a dark grey uniform, spiky, dark grey hair shooting up from his headband, a shifta merge on his arm, and a dark bridge rod on his back.
The cloaked figure ran into a dead end and stopped, trapped between the four hunters and a wall.
"So, it appears we've caught you," spoke up the HUmar in front. "Let's make this easy on both of us, you give us back the plans you stole and let us take you in, and I leave a good report. If your luck holds and I make a very generous report, you might only get a hundred years in prison."
The cloaked figure laughed. "Do you truly believe I would surrender to hunters like you?" he said, still laughing. He removed the cloak, letting it drop to the ground revealing the figure to be a purple HUcast.
"Wha-What?!" The white and yellow HUcast stammered. "You're supposed to be dead, Kireek, I saw Seth kill you!"
"Relax, Omega-22, I killed him once, I'll kill him again," the HUmar, Seth, said releasing the katana, still sheathed, from his belt. The HUnewearl drew her two katanas, a pair known together as Jizi. Omega-22 activated his claw, and the force took his staff from his back and gave the hunters shifta.
Seth attacked first, rushing with his still sheathed katana. Before the strike connected, Kireek drew his soul eater and blocked. The two struggled, before Kireek released, slicing Seth across the chest and avoiding attacks from the other two hunters and a blast of zonde from the FOnewm. The HUnewearl and Omega-22 charged in attacking furiously. Omega-22 attempted to run Kireek through using his claw, but Kireek swung his scythe with increadible speed, forcing Omega-22 to step back and block the overhead strike with his shield. The HUnewearl attempted to pin the soul eater down with one sword after this, while slashing at kireek with the other. However, she only managed to take a slash at Kireek's shoulder before the android threw her sword off of the scythe, knocking her down and into the wall. Kireek drew his scythe upward in preparation for the finishing blow. Right as he brought his soul eater down, the HUnewearl brought up her left arm to block, and a heart shaped barrier formed above her arm, stopping the scyth.
"Hmm, a safety heart. No matter!" Kireek yelled, putting more pressure on the his weapon, causing the blade to begin to penetrate the shield, which started to look like it was cracking.
"Cecina, look out!" the FOnewm yelled, sending a rafoie ball at Kireek, knocking him back a good ten feet.
Omega-22 charged Kireek now, swinging his claw madly. Kireek blocked each strike with his soul eater, before dealing a huge gash against the yellow and white cast's chest, before Kireek kicked the cast against the wall. Kireek then rushed the FOnewm who unleashed a grants spell right between the two of them at the last second, sending both of them flying back. The FOnewm was knocked out by this, but Kireek managed to stand right back up.
The HUmar managed to come to just enough to inject a trimate right next to the wound, causing the flesh to heal almost instantly. Standing, the HUmar said, "Hmm... it seems you've gotten better. I guess I'll have to actually draw my blade." At this he held his sheath in front of him, horizontally, one hand at the top of the sheath, the other on the blade. The HUmar drew the blade and threw the sheath off to the side before taking a two-handed combat stance.
"Im-Impossible!" Kireek stammered, "A Tsumikiri J-Sword!" Regaining his composure, "It makes no difference." Kireek stated.
At this Seth charged, attempting to stab Kireek. The cast parried Seth's blade off to the right, before trying to do horizontal slash, which Seth easily ducked. The HUmar rose quickly slashing Kireek with an uppercut slash. Although Seth tried to spin into a horizontal slash from this, kireek was faster, and brought his scythe down, slicing Seth's shoulder. Seth winced, but his expression changed to one of sheer confidence when he saw his blade star to glow blue. Seth quickly started slashing furiously, pushing Kireek backwards. Seth then spun around and slashed Kireek across the torso, sending the cast back into the wall.
Kireek threw his soul eater at Seth, who simply blocked by raising his left arm, where the scythe was blocked by a red disk emitted by the red ring. Seth then started to unleash the Tsumikiri J-Sword's special, slashing Kireek with waves of energy and driving him into the wall further.
"Here, you can have this disk back. This is only a minor setback. Even without me Black Paper will continue to prosper. I am just one of many clones!" Kireek spoke, his voice fluctuating wildly.
"Clones!" Seth yelled after catching the data disk. To this Kireek just laughed, his voice still fluctuating. A second later the cast self-destructed, knocking Seth back a little. The HUmar, however, was not hurt much, and proceeded to wake Cecina, who had been knocked unconscious by the FOnewm's RAfoie.
"Thanks for the shield, honey," Cecina said, reaching up to hug Seth. The two of them proceeded to heal the others. They looked for the soul eater, but it had dissolved into nothing when the Kireek clone self-destructed.
As they walked into the Hunter's Guild, the FOnewm asked, "What's that disk contain anyways Seth?"
"I don't know Seth," the HUmar responded. "That's classified, I think the client mentioned D-Cells, though. That's not good, but it would be worse if black paper goth their hands on it."
Seth<FN> nodded in agreement as they walked to the counter to turn in their quest.

---

Well, that's done. I started before 11. It's now after midnight. If you were confused by the fact that both the HUmar and FOnewm are named Seth, just write Seth<HM> for the HUmar, Seth<FN> for the FOnewm. I'll explain the names and these characters tomorrow. Today? Just forget it. Also, this takes place after Ep. 2, but before the events of Ep. 4 are set in motion.

Seth Astra
Apr 18, 2010, 09:14 AM
Okay, now that I'm more awake, I'll detail the histories of the characters, in relating to the characters that I use in PSZ (although in my fics, those characters don't actually live on the planet PSZ occurs on. The planet is one collonized between the planet of PSZ and the Pioneer 2 events. This planet is technically coral.) Cecina is the great great grandaughter of Cecina from PSZ (Cecina from PSZ being Seth from PSZ's sister), she's about 20 or 21. Seth<FN> is Cecina's yonger brother and is about 18. Both of them were named after their ancestors. Seth<HM> has no origins of significance. However, several years before the launch of P2, he was trained in the art of the blade by Seth<PSZ>, before Seth<PSZ> was murdered as part of a millitary conspiricy. Because Seth<HM> had no real name, he took the name of his disceesed mentor. Seth<HM> is about 25 or 26. Interestingly, these three all have the last name "Astra" the origins of this name are due to program to genetically create an army of super soldiers. Both Seth<PSZ> and Cecina<PSZ> were created during this. Omega-22 is the same cast as ever, although he has had numerous new bodies over the centuries.]

EDIT: Some things I forgot. Seth<HM> is the group's leader. Cecina is his girlfriend. I forgot the other details I wanted to add here. That will be a later edit.

Seth Astra
Apr 28, 2010, 06:25 PM
Well, since no one seems interested yet, I'll just keep this thing moving until it becomes absolutely terrible due to it being written by me, or until someone helps me with this. This chapter will focus more on the humor and will be shorter than the last.

---

The quest was finished and the disk had been returned. Now the four hunters were laying by the pool at Seth's<HM> apartment complex in the Skyly district. Seth<FN> was sleeping, and had ended up with a really bad sunburn. Cecina was getting a tan on the chair next to him. Seth<HM> was swimming laps in the pool to get a workout. Omega-22 was climbing up the diving board. The cast reached the top and started jumping up and down to get some height. Seth<HM> saw this and quickly swam to one side of the pool.
"Look out!" the HUmar yelled to Cecina and Seth<FN> as he tried to climb out of the pool. The HUnewearl took off her sunglasses and saw Omega-22 on the diving board and started to scream. The FOnewm was still asleep. Before Seth<HM> could even climb out, Omega-22 broke the diving board with his weight and plunged into the swimming pool. This kicked up a huge wave, somehow much bigger than the amount of water in the swimming pool would allow for. Seth<HM> was launched out of the water and into the bushes behind the two newmans, upside down with only his legs visible. Cecina was soaked and screamed as the cold water hit her. Seth <FN> was woken up. He started shivering from the cold water, sat up, and as he tried to dry himself off with a towel, fell to the ground screaming from the pain of his sunburn. Rolling onto the ground he landed on his sunburn, causing him even more pain. He then climbed back up onto the chair and just lay down on his side that wasn't sunburned.
"I told him not to do that anymore," said Seth<HM> as he climbed out of the bushes. "Can you use some techs to evaporate the water so we can scrape him out of the base of the pool?" Cecina nodded at this and used a bunch of RAfoie spells to evaporate the water, revealing a two meter deep pit, with a yellow and white cast at the bottom. Seth helped Omega-22 climb out of the hole, and the cast quickly appologized.
"What now?" asked Cecina.
"Well," Seth<HM> responded, "you should get your brother to the hospital, since he's burned worse then I was after getting hit by that dragon's breath. Omega-22 needs to fix the dents in his armor, and I need to pay the apartment owner to fix the pool."

---

There it is, a meaningless section, that is none the less funny.

Seth Astra
Apr 30, 2010, 09:34 PM
In order to keep this thread moving I will continue riskily pushing forwards in hopes that nothing goes bad. Here's a mini-chapter to get a small part of the plot going.

---

Seth<HM> walked out of the apartment manger's office, still wearing his swim trunks and mumbling about the repairs costing so much. He notices someone running and carrying something. Seth<HM> disregarded this but looked again. The person was carrying a high grade laptop. One designed to be able to take the full brunt of a Photon Blast and still be fine. This one, though, was badly scratched along the top, in a pattern that Seth<HM> recognized.
"Hey, get back here, thief!" Seth<HM> said running after the man. The man refused to stop, and Seth<HM> pressed a button on a small device, teleporting his J-Sword, still sheathed, into his hand. They ran outside into the streets, and the man ran into an alleyway. Seth followed quickly. The man pressed his hand onto a section of the wall that was actually a concealed hand scanner. Turning to enter a hidden door that had opened, he found an unsheathed katana at his throat. The man dropped the laptop on the ground, and then pointed at himself.
"Megid." The man said. The resulting ball of darkness hit him in the head, destroying his life force in an instant.
Seth<HM> was disturbed that the man would kill himself to avoid capture, but upon examining the man's arm, Seth<HM found the emblem of Black Paper tattod on his arm. "Well, that explains it," Seth<HM> reasoned. Turning on the laptop and checking some data he observed, "Well, the fingerprint scanner and password protection held, but there's not even a reported failed log in. They must have planned to jack the data out of it in there," he continued as he looked up at the doorway. "I'd better tell the guild about that place."

---

Guess where to next. Here's something I found. It's a guide to writing group fics. http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48944

NeonaPulsar
May 20, 2010, 12:30 AM
Neona looks down at the piece of paper with the address for Seth, with a worried look on her face...

Neona is a young Newman wowan about the age of 23, wareing a green and white dress the langth of her thies and a small jacket over the top and tight-fitting shorts under-neeth. The jacket has six amplifier points on the ends of six buckals. Her neon green hair is held up by a head-band with two more amplifiers, and curls bown behind her pointed ears

"I realy hope this guy can help me" she thought to her self as she walked into the apartment and got directions from the atendant. "The guild seemed so sure of his abilitys..."

EDIT: yaa... not to good at spelling, sorry

Seth Astra
May 20, 2010, 08:06 AM
Well, thanks for giving me some help here. Just two things. One, remember to lable the two Seths. I made it kinda confusing with that. Two, I'm assuming that you know that the difference between a group fic and roll-play. In case you didn't check the link in my third post, basically with a group fic it's a story that's written by a group of people that happens to have characters in it. In other words, we can use each others characters.

---

Seth<HM> is walking back to his appartment, still in his swim trunks, carring his laptop in one hand and his J-sword in the other, and looking annoyed. He begins unlocking his door, when a young newman woman, a year or two younger than Seth walks up next to him.
"Um, are you Seth?" she asked.
"Yeah, I am. Who are you?" he replied.
"Neona. I was directed to you by the guild, they thought you could help me," Neona responded.
"Well, come in, I'll help you in a minute," said Seth<HM> as he opened the door for both of them. "Sit down. I'll be back in a few minutes," he told her as he grabbed his uniform and went to take a shower.

---

Well, it's official, this won't die yet. Oh, and if you havn't, Neona, I'd recommend that you read up on PSO techs. Their quite different than there PSZ counterparts.

NeonaPulsar
May 21, 2010, 12:49 PM
~a half hour latter~

Seth<HM> had just finished his shower and donned his uniform and was walking back to the living room to find out what the young lady was hear for. He got back to the living room to find that Omega-22 had returned with-out the dents and scraches he left with.

"Um, hi again, Seth" neona said in a shy tone as Seth<HM> walked over to sit on the opposit couch of Neona and Omega-22.

Neona: "I was just telling your nice friend hear about what happend to me and why I'm hear" still in a shy tone.

Omega-22: "Yes, it would apear that our guest, Neona right... , was ambushed in Pioneer 1's forest while she was on a quest, by what she discribed as Black Paper agents. They took her... well, we never got that far, care to continue Neona?"

Neona: "Um, ok. Those goons took my staff, the Tear Gate, and ran off." Neona looks down at the floor for a minute then looks up at Seth<HM> with a worried look. "That staff was handed down for generations and was said you hold a special power, but I don't know what. I need your help to get it back,... Please"

EDIT: I'll put everything under an edit if its not in the story.
Also if theres something that is essential that i've missed in my posts, let me know so I can edit it

Seth Astra
May 21, 2010, 04:32 PM
Seth<HM> thinks about this for a minute, before talking. "Black Paper, huh? Well, I just found a teleporter to one of their bases that's down on the surface. I figure we'll go down there in two or three days," Seth<HM> reasoned.

"Why so long?" Neona inquired.

Omega-22 answered this, "Whenever a new place to surge into, guns blazing, shows up, hunters jump all over it. It happined every time Seth here dug up a new area down on Ragol, it happined when he found one of Black Paper's bases, and it happined when he found that beach resort that somehow exists in every dimension at once."

"Wait, Seth did all that?" Neona questioned.

"Yeah, I did. It really wasn't all that much." Seth<HM> answered. He then grabbed his phone and dialed Cecina. "Hey, I found a Black Paper base, we're going there in a few days. Get your brother fixed up by then." Seth hung up the phone and said, simply, "Voicemail."

"Okay, what do we do now?" Neona wondered.

"We're not going to the pool," Seth said with a glare at Omega-22. "Oh, here, Neona." Seth<HM> said, teleporting a Fire Scepter Agni from his inventory and throwing it to Neona. "You'll need that when we go into the base. Black Paper doesn't like uninvited guests."

---

The beach that exists in every dimension is part of my plan for a future group fic. Disregard it for now.

NeonaPulsar
May 21, 2010, 08:23 PM
Neona looks at the wand, then thanks Seth<HM> for it, then it vanishes as she put it away.

Neona: "I also have a shield that I'm skilled with, if, as I seems I'm coming with you". Neona summons her Acegalda to show the pair

Seth<HM>: "That just might come in handy on the base run, and by-the-way, how did you get that here without teleporting it, it just apeard in your hand out of nowhere?"

Neona: "Oh... ya. Its an very old trick I learnd from my Grandfather, he called it "PSZ weapon summoning". Not sure what PSZ is but he said that as long as the weapon is in your posestion, you can banish and summon it from somewhere so you don't have to carry it around."

Seth Astra
May 21, 2010, 08:31 PM
"Nice trick. Now we just need to kill a few days untill the army of hunters in the base starts to thin out. Any ideas?" Seth asked Neona.

---

I really need some ideas here. Also, I wish we had more writers, so that this could get up to the level of the old group fics that I've read..

NeonaPulsar
May 21, 2010, 08:56 PM
Neona banishes her sheild and turns to look out the window at the city...

Neona: "I'll probibly be too worried to enjoy much, but, think you two can show me around the city, there is still so much I haven't seen"

EDIT:
this will be an opprotunitty to discribe the city to me, as its looks somewhat like NewYork under a dome, on a long ship hull to me, ATM

Seth Astra
May 21, 2010, 09:22 PM
Uhh... As I have mentioned, I've never actually played the game... Thus, I have a pretty poor idea of what the areas actually look like. I'll try, though.

---

"Well, if you live here, there's not much to show you. But hey, it's something to do," Seth<HM> stated, as he led the group out the door.

The three are walking through a futuristic city, with hovercars zooming around a few inches above the roads, which exist on many, many levels.

"Pioneer 2, the most confusing street layout anywhere," Seth<HM> joked. "I may as well show you around the guild," he contued, walking towards a large, important-looking building.

Inside the building, there are several people behind counters. Two on the left, one on the right, and one towards the back, to the right of a large door that is dirrectly across from the entrance.

"Those two on the left sell items and equipment, while that guy on the right can identify weapons found down on Ragol," Seth<HM> explained, "That woman over there handles quests, and the teleporter is throug those doors. Now, any questions, or should we just beam down to Ragol for a little training?"

---

Even if we don't have any other writers, at least we're generating plenty of views.

NeonaPulsar
May 24, 2010, 02:26 PM
Neona looks over at the teleporter with a content look...

Neona: "No questions as of yet... but I like the sound of training,... it'll get my mind off my loss."

Neona looks back at the teleporter...

Neona: "Um, I think I'll go after you, I've never been to the surface before..."

EDIT:
Sorry if this is a bit short, I'm still relieing on my imagination for the guild but the planets surface, Uh... I think i'll leave that to you

Seth Astra
May 31, 2010, 04:40 PM
"Sounds good," Seth<HM> said, walking towards the teleporter. "3 for the forest," he told the clerk.
The group walked into the teleporter room, and teleported down to the forest, a beautiful area, filled with trees and other plants. The area's only broken up by the large dome standing in the distance. As the three step out, Seth<HM> draws his Tsumukiri J-sword, Neona teleports her rod out, and Omega-22 activates his claw. Seth<HM> waved the group onwards, leading them down the path.
The three walked into a clearing, where a group of boomas dug their way out of the ground. Seth<HM> and Omega-22 quickly rushed forward. Seth<HM> ran straight throug the middle, blocking slices from the boomas' claws with his shield, and slicing several into pieces with his J-sword. Omega-22, on the other hand, circled around the group, striking wherever there attention was diverted. Neona just stood back and tried to hit a few with foie.
As Seth<HM> and Omega-22 were just finishing up, one more jumped out of the ground in front of Neona, knocking her back. As it was about to slash Neona with it's claw, she closed her eyes in fear and shreeked out, "Rafoie!" leaving nothing but a schorched crater, about 15 feet wide, where the booma was. Seth<HM> and Omega-22 just stared for a few secconds, before Seth<HM> went to help Neona up.
"Well, you get overkill of the day," Seth<HM> said with a slight chuckle as he helped Neona up.
"Thanks," she responded, nervously, "I can't believe I did that, though."
"Well, I couldn't believe it when I first unleashed the power of my J-sword," Seth<HM> replied, "I guess it just goes to show you, it's possible to do far more than you ever thought possible."

---

Sorry that I was so late in responding to that.

NeonaPulsar
Jul 5, 2010, 11:54 AM
Like wize, I'm way late in a response

---

*The group continued on toward the dome, following the path. Seth<HM> and omega-22 walking ahead, and Neona close behind gazing in awe at the beautiyful forest around them, with a newfound confidence in herself after her "overkill of the day".

---

I'm still not too use't to this Fanfic style of speaking for others, and kind of at a loss as to what they should be doing...