PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Curious about joining JP PSU

Immovable One
Apr 22, 2010, 03:39 AM
Hello,

After the US PC/PS2 servers closed (and selling my 360 coz I got fed up with the Gold account bills), I got interested in "probably" joining the JP PSU server.

So I have a few questions:

- Do I need to purchase a game disc? If so, does it use a serial key that pretty much requires me to buy a brand new copy of the game? Also, it there a download only version that ties to my game account (ala PSP2)? A download version would be great since the serial key renders the game non-resalable and would save me from paying shipping fees.

- How much is the monthly fee?

- I can't find a guide on how to register. Anyone have a link?

- How's the English speaking crowd population? Is it as bad as the Japanese population in PSU360?

Demon-
Apr 22, 2010, 03:46 AM
You don't need to purchase a disc. You can instead download the game and then you will need to buy a game key for roughly 10$.

Monthy is around 10-11 dollars.

These are guides I used:
http://psupedia.info/Joining_the_Japanese_Server
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176829

Maybe around 100-300 I'm not sure cause I just joined myself and only met 30 people so far.

Immovable One
Apr 22, 2010, 04:16 AM
Thanks!

Also, for credit cards, do they accept US credit cards?

Anyway, I'm having problems with Applocale atm, but once i figure this out, I'll give it a shot.

Demon-
Apr 22, 2010, 04:43 AM
Yep they do take american cards. I used my Visa debit card and it worked fine.

Immovable One
Apr 22, 2010, 04:53 AM
Oh and another thing - account cancellation.
How do you do it?

EDIT:

I got in!
Looks like i can play for free too(but with limitations).

Anyway, where does the PSO-World pals usually hang out in?

This is great. Gonna wait till my Aion subscription expires next week then I'll check out if PSU is worth 10 bucks!

Immovable One
Apr 23, 2010, 08:32 PM
Weird....

I purchased a game key and even got the confirmation email, but i still can't access the benefits. Do I need to enter this key somewhere? Or do I have to buy the Illuminus key as well (which I doubt)?

re
Apr 23, 2010, 09:49 PM
yes, you have to login to the https://ipas.isao.net/signup_psu/psu/top.cgi
there is an option for illuminus game key
you will put it there

Immovable One
Apr 23, 2010, 10:16 PM
I thought I only need to buy the game key to go premium?

Aka
Apr 23, 2010, 10:32 PM
I thought I only need to buy the game key to go premium?

That should be the case. I remember getting errors when I tried to register my key with my account, but then realised it was already on premium (the key and current expiry date was shown on the main account page). When I next logged in, my Free course icon was gone.

Immovable One
Apr 23, 2010, 11:45 PM
That should be the case. I remember getting errors when I tried to register my key with my account, but then realised it was already on premium (the key and current expiry date was shown on the main account page). When I next logged in, my Free course icon was gone.

Right.

I thought it was strange that I have to pay for illuminus key too.

Also, from what i can ready at the confirmation, there's a 10 day free?

EDIT: Another concern, if it turns out that I do have to purchase the illuminus key, does that mean I have to pay for both guardian and illuminus key monthly? That would suck.

Aka
Apr 24, 2010, 12:27 AM
You only need to pay for one key and you get 30 days free. After those 30 days you will have to pay monthly.

Immovable One
Apr 25, 2010, 04:29 AM
Okay confirmed: I didn't get premium UNTIL I purchased an Illuminus key.

From the looks of it, I only need to renew the guardian license every month as the Illuminus key doesn't have an expiration date.

I really needed to access my room as from my experience in PSU360, you really need the power of the Player Shops to earn decent money. Blocking room access is a neat business move on SEGA's part to motivate those who know these things to pay. Free Course are for those players who have nothing to do but do field runs and nothing else.

See ya guys in PSU JP ^^