PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Lag?

darekatano
Apr 26, 2010, 03:22 PM
I'm in NA and I'm wondering what kind of lag others are getting. I just ran an Unsafe Passage and things took about a half second to register. Does it vary much depending on the server/time of day/ISP etc?

ashley50
Apr 26, 2010, 05:41 PM
you're in US...and the sevrer is in JP. Not unusual to me at all...

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 26, 2010, 06:51 PM
Half a second is pretty low for the JP server; you'll get used to it soon enough.

I once used a Moon Atomizer. On myself.

darthplagis
Apr 26, 2010, 09:02 PM
yeah how do you think us europeans feel...... we have to connect to the US, no wonder the rares always go to you americans :(

also, the drops are rigged..... more stuff drops in NA peak time than EU time, not a big deal if you play alot but if you are just a casual player you get nothing but junaline and bloody kersaline. seriously i have played since fire break and i used to play with americans on american time, i always got decent drops.... but when i play in EU time i get nothing but crap and yes there is a definate change when the time changes usually about 11pm GMT the drops start increasing in value and in number.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 26, 2010, 09:38 PM
ITT drop rates are based on beat time.

cristfc
Apr 26, 2010, 09:43 PM
well, for me (I live in Brazil), Iam used to this half/one second lag from US servers, JP same thing because distance and connection routes, when i joined JP I was very worried because distance.
Japanese server yet got good performance because ping is same as US server, like ~304ms for me

darthplagis
Apr 26, 2010, 09:57 PM
ITT drop rates are based on beat time.

thats PSO, im pretty sure beat time never caught on past PSO LOL, i bet swatch is pissed

i really can say through experience i get better drops and more 'rare' missions when its US time and it has been that way since vanilla PSU, it changed slightly when AOTI came out but not as drastic as to say the drops are evenly spaced out through the day.

when i play on the JP servers there is a half to a full second lag most of the time but you get used to it, it does not help that with one of sega's updates they put a delay on the items being used so you have to use a heal item/resta when you see a hit coming (it was to stop ANOTHER incarnation of the machine gun glitch and the axe glich). i get this delay on the 360 alot and it is not lag, it just takes a second or so to actually get the item effect