PDA

View Full Version : Epic Mario game

HeartBreak301
May 2, 2010, 01:00 AM
Ok, some of you may have seen this already, but I saw the link and decided to share it with you all. Time for some NES goodness!

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/534416

Outrider
May 2, 2010, 03:30 AM
The thing that drives me nuts if that the game uses the Legend of Zelda sprite for Link instead of the taller one from Link's Adventure. It's already meant for sidescrolling!

Plus, his stab moves are taken from Link's Adventure, so it's not like the author was unaware of the game. I dunno - just feels like it would make more sense than the stubby LoZ sprite.

[/perfectionist fanboy rage]

Still, it's pretty awesome and everybody should check it out.

HUnewearl_Meira
May 2, 2010, 11:55 AM
The thing that drives me nuts if that the game uses the Legend of Zelda sprite for Link instead of the taller one from Link's Adventure. It's already meant for sidescrolling!

Plus, his stab moves are taken from Link's Adventure, so it's not like the author was unaware of the game. I dunno - just feels like it would make more sense than the stubby LoZ sprite.

[/perfectionist fanboy rage]

Still, it's pretty awesome and everybody should check it out.

Should have used the taller sprite after Link gets a mushroom.

HeartBreak301
May 2, 2010, 02:41 PM
Megaman is definitely my favorite character to play as.

Outrider
May 3, 2010, 01:58 PM
Apparently the game was originally going to have additional characters.

From GameXplain via Kotaku (link (http://www.gamexplain.com/article-64-1272509580-super-mario-bros-crossover-xplained-an-interview-with-the-creator.html)):

Mario, Mega Man, Simon, Samus, Bill, and Link--that’s a fantastic selection of characters, but were there any others you were considering adding? Were any cut for time or developmental reasons?

Yes, originally there were nine characters, and I’d really like to get these characters in at some point if possible. The other three characters were going to be Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden, Luigi, and the SOPHIA battle tank from Blaster Master. I also considered the guy from Bionic Commando. Most of the characters got cut due to time, but Luigi got cut due to a different decision. Originally, the game was going to have a story where Mario got captured, so Luigi recruited his friends from other videogame worlds to help get Mario back. But I decided not to worry about the story and just focus on making the gameplay awesome.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 3, 2010, 07:54 PM
SirTopps game guy go.

Seth Astra
May 4, 2010, 06:18 PM
Just tried this. Pretty cool.