PDA

View Full Version : Force Question

White-Disaster
May 6, 2010, 10:24 AM
Hey,

I have a question:

I am a FoNewm lv. 100 with Psycho Wand.
But I still can only do 300 damage to Eulids for ex.

HOW CAN I GET AS STRONG AS THOSE WIFI PLAYERS???

THX

Broken_L_button
May 6, 2010, 11:44 AM
...Well, unless you tell me what mats you used and the units you have equipped (I'm sure you went all mind mats though, seeing your equipped weapon), I only have those answers for this:

1st solution (BEWARE! PEOPLE WILL SHUN YOU FOR THIS!!): Hack.

2nd solution: have 4 AOs with level 5 Celeb, magical sign and at least 60% on a different attribute. Gimegid+MS. It's sad, but that seems the easiest, most efficient way...

2rd solution: have an element boost and 3 Divine/Minds equipped, Shifta yourself, Zalure every single spawn, and reduce your HP to less than 30%. Your P-wand's boosted Sould element should increase your base stats by 30%. Add to that your Shifta and the fact that you'll target the appropriate elemental weakness on enemies, and you COULD be dealing that 400+ damage you want.

...Just my two cents

White-Disaster
May 6, 2010, 11:53 AM
In Wifi they can make 600 damage^^

Broken_L_button
May 6, 2010, 11:57 AM
In Wifi they can make 600 damage^^

LOLWUT?! Daaaaaaaang...Is that 600 per hit with only the Gimegid+MS spam? Well...You could always try ARChan's Chain blasting trick. A 5 chain can make my RAcaseal's Cool Style PA (from a no-element max grind Riverman) do 200s per hit on Hidlegaos and Hidleghanas.

EDIT: ...There's always the possibility that they hack. But I prefer not to brand people as hackers. Who knows? They might just be extremely skilled players...

White-Disaster
May 6, 2010, 12:20 PM
They do this fuckin damage with Grants... to Zerreos:-o

DaRkWoLf30
May 6, 2010, 12:26 PM
Are they using the Gimegid+Gigrants or are they hitting this with one grants?

White-Disaster
May 6, 2010, 12:29 PM
Only Grants, but Iīm not sure... while fighting I donīt look how my partners kill the enemies :D:D

DaRkWoLf30
May 6, 2010, 12:30 PM
Hmm ok, I have no idea how they are hitting that much with grants..

Zelendria_Ru
May 6, 2010, 12:54 PM
Hmm ok, I have no idea how they are hitting that much with grants..

One theory...

FOmarl
Human / Female / Force

Bonuses

* Has a 75% damage reduction from technique attacks.
* 25% boost to Grants and 30% boost to Resta.

I'm grinding my 50 FOmarl through H tower and hitting for ~300, and I don't even use near that kind of gear...my mag isn't even pure mind...someone just has to calculate it out, doesn't seem like it would be that hard to hit dark mobs for those numbers if you are pure mind and level 100...

DaRkWoLf30
May 6, 2010, 01:19 PM
Depends if he was running with fomarls or not.

White-Disaster
May 6, 2010, 02:00 PM
Well it could be... I only can remember that it was a girl with a skirt and a Psycho Wand :D

Broken_L_button
May 6, 2010, 02:40 PM
True. If I just calculate it roughly...To optimize Grant's damage, FOmarl would need....

-Starlight+ 20
-4 D/Minds
-1 100 Mind MAG
-100 eaten Mind mats
-level 15 Grants
-4-slot Star Cloak for the Set Bonus with Starlight
Now for the FOmarl's MST stat at 100:

Base MST: 546
MST from equipment: 400+100+100+50 = 650

So we get: 1196(546)

Now...If I read the damage calculation formula Paromin took from the JP wiki correctly, and adjust it to the usage of spells and not melee attacks, we need to calculate the spell's base MST first:

So, assuming we have a level 100 FOmarl affected by level 3 Shifta...

Base MST = (Character MST * Shifta Bonus) + (Weapon MST * [100% + Attribute Bonus] * Soul Element Bonus) + MAG MST Bonus + Armor Unit MST Bonus + Set Bonus)

% have no influence here, so that is taken off. and Soul element is obviously not in play, so that too is not taken into account. Thus, we have:

Base MST = (546 * 1.3) + (400) + 100 + 100 + 50) = 1359,8

But since the game uses integrers, we get 1360 base MST for the spell.

Now, for the other step, calculating the damage:

Damage = [(Base MST * MST Modifier) - Defense * Zalure Effect] / 5 * PA Bonus x (100 - Resistance) / 100 * Other Element Bonus

...but, since we're using a spell, defense is taken out, as well as the PA bonus and the other element bonus. So, if we adjust the formula a bit, we get:

Damage = [(Base MST * MST Modifier) / 5 * (100 - (Resistance*Zalure effect)) / 100

I'm adding the Zalure effect there, since it;s been confirmed it affects resistances. But now, we need to acertain the boosts that affect Grants. We have:

-25% native FOmarl Boost
-10% Weapon boost
-180% Boost from the spell itself

And then, I'd need to be sure if the boosts add to each other, or multiply the Base MST on after the other (makes a big difference, ya know :/). I'll assume they're added and that the total multiplies the Base MST. So, we get:

1360*(0.25+0.10+1.80) = 1360*2.15 = 2924 MST

Pretty high, huh? But let's stop right there and assume Zerreo's have 0 resistance to light. If the resistance value is 0, for damage, we get:

2924/5 = Damage = 584,8 -> 585

...That's...A tad lower than the 600 damage you saw. Thus, unless Zerreo have 0 resistance to light, and that each of the spell bonuses multiply the Base MST instead of their sum multiplying it, we can safely assume that it was indeed a hack. Than again, I'd need to take out my own FOmarl for a ride and try to calculate the Zerroe resistance to light on SH and THEN try to figure out how the different spell bonuses are added (who knows? Instead of multiplying Base MST, those bonuses might directly multiply damage). Anywho, yeah, that's how I see it.

...So much for using "quick reply".

Broken_L_button
May 6, 2010, 02:44 PM
Sorry for the DP

...So she had a P-wand? Huh, I doubt P-wand would give THAT much bonus to grants, unless the Soul Element came into play. Was she at low HP?

EDIT: Forget about that, unless the databases are wrong, Soul doesn't affect spells.

White-Disaster
May 6, 2010, 03:05 PM
Yes, it would all be correct, but she had a Psycho Wand.

And yes soul doesnīt affect spells, so thatīs impossible.

I have also seen a girl with an Al Azif. She healed 960 HP with resta:-o

Broken_L_button
May 6, 2010, 03:19 PM
My HUney can heal for 700+ with resta using Fuuma Shuriken. So 960 is possible for female FOs.

ARChan
May 6, 2010, 03:43 PM
About how people can inflict 600+, just chain to a high number and then use a charge attack. I managed to inflict 1264 per hit with the kick barrage thing when unarmed and attacking Dark Falz on Hard. If you're confused about what I'm talking about, just check out the guide I made ^^ Link is in my siggy.

White-Disaster
May 6, 2010, 03:44 PM
true, but weīre talking about a single Grants...:-?

ARChan
May 6, 2010, 03:48 PM
Haha! I guess I was inferring a legit way. I'm not sure where damage caps but I'm very sure that those people you were traveling with was not legit. A FOmarl with Al Azif shouldn't be able to hit more than 580. That's without Shifta.

steaIth
May 6, 2010, 05:34 PM
my fonewearl lvl 71 with alice olivia + 10 can heal for over 750

Seth Astra
May 6, 2010, 05:51 PM
Well, if BLB's formula was correct, we'd just need to add shifta. Or, according to ARC's findings, you might have had a chain going. IDK, I don't go that deep into game mechanics. Plus I don't know wether the equipment BLB mentioned would deal more or less damage than using the PW. I don't really care how the damage is calculated, just how I deal the most damage. And I can guess that with the female force resta bonus, that much healing is possible.

NeonaPulsar
May 6, 2010, 06:38 PM
My FOnewearl, Neona can heal at least 1000 now with her Psycho wand...:D:-D

zeital
May 6, 2010, 08:58 PM
if ur pure MST with lv 15 tchs u shouldn't have a problem getting to the same tech power as the people u see, i man my FOnewy does just fine

steaIth
May 8, 2010, 02:25 PM
what about for the damage calculator, when one attack does 300 one moment, and then 350 the next? would this make it posible for 600 damage?

SkyPioneer
May 10, 2010, 12:29 AM
@OP
derp derp.