PDA

View Full Version : HUnewm Help!

Rareware0192
May 6, 2010, 09:26 PM
OK I'm a Level 86 HUnewm and I'm having trouble on SH mode. ; ;

The problem is that I'm not damaging enemies as much as I should. Plus I die too often. I go on freeplay mode and find HUnewms doing 250-350+ damage to Shrine enemies with a Rika's Claw and stuff, and I'm doing about 138 damage with a Heavy attack from my Gigas Romulus. Now I don't know if it's because of the weapon (well, assuming that the Gigas Romulus is one of the best double saber choices for a Newman, and that the Rika's Claw is one of the best claw choices for a Hunter, I'm THINKING that they're somewhere in the same level).

I have a 90/0/10/0 Rappy mag. I plan on having 60 Pow mats and 20 Hit mats. And I plan on making my units: Divine/Power, Divine/Swift, PA Save Lv3, and Compress Unit. The idea is to be strong in ATP while having good EVP so that I won't be attacked as much.

Please give me advice/constructive criticism on becoming pro HUnewm. Please. I'm sick of feeling noobish online. ; ;

LSukora
May 6, 2010, 09:33 PM
One thing i can say is keep on feeding that mag with pow and poosibly fortifie your weapon to dark. And im pretty sure you dont need the swift because its not for dodgeing attacks its for not missing, so replace its with a divine power and use gaurd materails

Cruciarius
May 6, 2010, 10:10 PM
Guard materials? No... 5 guard = -1 damage to you.

I'd go with all power materials.
For units, I'd go with 3 divine/power and I always use an ice protect, to prevent being frozen.

For a mag, all power with any amount of hit you feel you need. I'm unsure of the exact number needed to always hit with normal attacks in SH.

Seth Astra
May 6, 2010, 10:14 PM
Don't use guard mats! The other poster has it wrong. HUnewms have bad DFP already, so adding swift mats to increase the rate of enemy misses will help you more. The most likely problem with damage output is that you probably don't have celeb element on your weapon, or you don't have as high of %. And FYI gigas is the best DS in the game. And are you sure the high DPS Nemans you were playing with weren't HUnewearls? I know that w/ Rika's Claw and Rika's Suit (best armor for female newmans) there is some stat bonus. I think it's like +50% ATP. So you should be aiming for a Gigas, good %, and a Lv. 3 element you can change to celeb. Also, don't use hit mats. I hit enough without them, and the misses don't affect me that much, I still shread my targets.

Edit: And, BTW, don't use the PA save. You already have the good PP and PP regen as a newman. Use a Devine/Power instead. I'd recommend keeping the Compress PA, though. And although Cruciarius would be correct in saying that protect units are good, change the protect based on area. e.g. Ice for rioh, Slow for Paru (Boss), Slow and Ice for Arca (boss), and fire and possibly slow for the valley (again, boss). Generally the best protect is coordinated with the boss, and I even keep my protects with me and equip them when I reach the boss, not before.

Ech01
May 6, 2010, 10:33 PM
Rika's Claw is a terrible choice for a weapon, as it's stuck with Stun level 3. Use a Hadan Bite with good % and Bite Stamp, since it's always level 4 and changeable.

Also, those HUnewms using Rika's Claws were almost certainly hacking. Here's why:

A Level 100 HUnewm using 80 Pow mats and a 100 Pow Mag and a Rika's Claw with 65% Dark (which is so unlikely to ever find it's laughable), and a FO's Shifta, using BITE STAMP (180% power modifier), will only be hitting Derreos for 274 damage MAX, which isn't anywhere near 350, and that's under almost perfect conditions.

As far as your Mag/Mat spread, it should be adjusted. As stated above, you don't really need that extra 20 hit on your material spread, but if you insist on the accuracy boost, put it on your mag instead. Shifta will increase your damage output, but only increases ATP/MST from your base stats and materials, so you'd be getting 20 extra shita-able materials that way.

Your armor unit spread should be something like Compress PA, Element Boost, Divine/Power, Divine/Power, with maybe some immunity units to sub in for certain places.

As for your Gigas Romulus, it's not only the best double saber for HUnewms, but it's the best in the game period. Make sure you find a level 3 with some decent percents, or until then you'd be fine with a morgenlote or (if no better options are available), a Merhrenekka or however you spell it.

EDIT: Rika's Set Bonus is 50 ATP and 25 EVP. It's a static number, not a percentage boost.

Vorlik
May 6, 2010, 10:39 PM
One correction to Echo, who otherwise nailed it, is that you should actually roll an element boost in there to up your Celeb level, rather than the third Divine Power. 25 adds less than 10% overall damage boost.

Ech01
May 6, 2010, 10:40 PM
One correction to Echo, who otherwise nailed it, is that you should actually roll an element boost in there to up your Celeb level, rather than the third Divine Power. 25 adds less than 10% overall damage boost.

That's what I said dude, wtf are you talking about?

Vorlik
May 6, 2010, 10:43 PM
Might have read that wrong or you edited...but yeah, it's correct be it my fault or whatever. Just refer to Echo's post #5 for proper info, Rareware.

Cruciarius
May 6, 2010, 10:43 PM
That's what I said dude, wtf are you talking about?

I don't see you mentioning element boost in your post. :-?

Edit: nvm. I see it now.

Seth Astra
May 7, 2010, 07:34 AM
Ya know, since E. boosts can stack, why not equip 2? If you have more than 250 ATP (Something's really wrong if you don't, it's logically impossible to have less at this point) you are dealing more damage.

Vorlik
May 7, 2010, 03:08 PM
Ya know, since E. boosts can stack, why not equip 2? If you have more than 250 ATP (Something's really wrong if you don't, it's logically impossible to have less at this point) you are dealing more damage.

Element boosts...don't stack. They never have.

Seth Astra
May 7, 2010, 06:10 PM
Really, I thought I read so on this board. Honestly I never used them, so I wouldn't know.

Sykik
May 10, 2010, 10:02 AM
Shame to hear that Gigas is such a good weapon for HUnewm's because since I pretty much only play solo I have no space for offensive magic on my palette.

Kastore
May 10, 2010, 02:37 PM
Meh, Gigas only adds 10% to ice magic. It's not that big of a deal. It's just the ATP/ATA of the Romulus and it's ability to have the Celeb element that makes it awesome.

leviayurashyguy
May 10, 2010, 04:57 PM
Gigas Romulus increases Zonde Techs by 10%. in terms of ATP, its the second strongest D. Saber in the game but because it can be synthesized with Celeb 3, it is THE strongest D. Saber in the game.

HUnewm should focus on power while obtaining marginal hit

steaIth
May 10, 2010, 06:08 PM
i am doing the SH ET with a lvl 78 fonewearl. i am at lvl 52, and have died about 10 time already

P.S. has anyone relized how close SH ET is to another word. is this a coincidence, or planed.

Hatrix
May 18, 2010, 12:39 AM
On my HUnewm I use 80 power mats, 100 power mag, Master/Power (best I have), Devine/Hit, Lv.4 Resist to all, and Compress/PA. My EVP is fine at base im Lv.96 tho. The only weapon I have Celeb on is my Hadan Bite but it has Beast & Machine attributes. In the Shrine I like to use a Foie Haze with Stun.Lv4 sometimes; It's actually quite usefull especially on the Phobos. Bloody Gimlet I like alot too, although it's not that powerful the multi-hit feature is nice.