PDA

View Full Version : PSU Why on the JP?

ZIE creations
May 8, 2010, 10:17 PM
Yo, I'm from the 360 servers and always hear from these forums about the Japanese servers. My question is why?

It doesn't make much sence to me why you would decide to leave the 360 (or the once existant PC/PS2) servers to play on the JP pc servers. From what I have heard and seen this is what i came up with.

Pros:-)
More features/customization
More missions/drops
More equipment
Get to see updates before the 360 servers

Cons:-(
Everything is in Japanese
have to translate everything if you don't know japanese
To find people you can talk to you have to use forums like this
Can't play premium/or/need JP credit card
have no way to communicate to other players in game if having problems
event/update information is more difficult to obtain

So besides being able to use the new features (although you won't fully understand how to) why would you play on the Japanese servers?
It seems that the social network would be non-existant although I guess not everyone likes to talk or even be social in any way.(WoW players)

Mike
May 8, 2010, 10:55 PM
It doesn't make much sence to me why you would decide to leave the 360 (or the once existant PC/PS2) servers to play on the JP pc servers.

Because the PC version is free to play and download and that's cheaper than a 360 and a new copy of PSU/AoTI.

Darki
May 8, 2010, 11:27 PM
Cons:-(
Everything is in Japanese - Not all PSU players are english speakers. for me I'd say "everything is in engrish" for the US/EU...
have to translate everything if you don't know japanese - Is not that difficult, and in the worst of the cases you have Amesani.
To find people you can talk to you have to use forums like this - Or be patient. All my card list is filled with non JP people who I've meet in game.
Can't play premium/or/need JP credit card - But you can play for free without paying, and also, there are many ways to pay it other than JP cards. I don't have one and I got premiun.
have no way to communicate to other players in game if having problems - I can communicate with my partner card list pals, or find a japanese guy who speaks english. It's hard to find a JP teenager who doesn't speaks english...
event/update information is more difficult to obtain - You can read it here, I've been doing that sinde I played in our servers. xD

that.

So besides being able to use the new features (although you won't fully understand how to) why would you play on the Japanese servers?
It seems that the social network would be non-existant although I guess not everyone likes to talk or even be social in any way.(WoW players)

What won't we understand about the new features? Thar confused me, to use weapons or equip just put it on. If you mean missions and stuff, well, I guess that's a point. With stuff like GAS you just need to look for what you're doing on places like PSUpedia and you're served.

For the social stuff, don't you know ANYBODY who went there already? I have 3 friends to play with that were my pals in ol' US/EU. Apart from that, you just need to be patient, we're a lot there already. Just do some lobby trolling in the most common places and eventually you'll read somebody writting in english...

To do random runs you don't really need to talk, lol, but if you want just to play with friendly people to talk with, just be patient.

As it has been said, is way cheaper to get JP account than get a 360 and the game. Of course if you have the console already, it's an option, but for the time I'd spent in the JP servers with premiun account with the money you'd use for a 360 and the game plus the billing, I'd be fully acustomed and used to it. Plus, you don't really need to get premiun all the time, why would you do in, for example, an exams month when you will just play for a week and level up some PAs?

Appart from that, I prefer to play with a good computer with good graphics card rather than a console in this matter...

re
May 8, 2010, 11:45 PM
well i switched because i got tired of waiting for updates and past missed/postponed updates

you dont need a jp credit card to subscribe, been using my same us visa debit card from the beginning
i can barely read anything there, if you remember where everything is, shouldnt be too much of a prob :/

Mortalis
May 8, 2010, 11:48 PM
PSUpedia pretty much nails drops down pat very quickly, so theres really not a sense of not knowing what drops where. It's not that much of a hassle to compare stats on their weapons guide to find out what the drop is either.

Halcyote
May 9, 2010, 02:08 AM
Not everyone has a 360 and wants to invest in one.

Splash
May 9, 2010, 02:49 AM
Not everyone has a 360 and wants to invest in one.
This.

Also, they have free course. I'd join, but the need to have an extensive memory to know what everything is backs me away.

Delete
May 9, 2010, 11:44 AM
Pros:-)
More features/customization
More missions/drops
More equipment
Get to see updates before the 360 servers

More content is worth the extra mile sometimes. Especially for a game like Psu which hates updating and adding new content to begin with.

Don't hate me for saying this, but it won't be long before your only choice to play Psu (online anyway) will be the Japanese version. There's probably a reason this game on the 360 side is getting updates less and less......

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 9, 2010, 12:30 PM
Don't hate me for saying this, but it won't be long before your only choice to play Psu (online anyway) will be the Japanese version.This isn't necessarily true, if you catch my drift.

FUDGEHOY
May 9, 2010, 01:13 PM
I say play on whichever server suits you the best. There's no need for for bashing one server to make the other one look better. People need to understand that the NA/EU pc/ps2 closing does not mean that the 360 version will do the same anytime soon. Sonic Team is also about to bring the Supp. Update to the 360, which should prove that they atleast plan to keep it open for quite sometime. I'm happy that people are having fun on the JP server, but there's no need to bash the 360 in order to feel better about that choice.

unicorn
May 9, 2010, 01:22 PM
1. Everything is in Japanese
There are ways around this. Theres programs, but I dont really use them since I know Katakana pretty well.

2. To find people you can talk to you have to use forums like this
Thats fine with me. I never found people of substance in the game anyway without having to use a forum or any kind of website. Most random people are annoying to play with.

3. Can't play premium/or/need JP credit card
JP accepts VISA, so you dont need a JP credit card. I play premium, use GC and everything

4. have no way to communicate to other players in game if having problems
A lot of older players are always able to help me if I have a problem...

5. event/update information is more difficult to obtain
No

--

On a side note. I actually played 360 for a hot second. But I didnt like the mic feature since EVERYONE just uses it. Nothing is worse for me than having pre-pubescent boys yelling mumbled phrases through a mic. No thanks. I had to keep asking people "what?". Maybe my hearing is bad, but I always ended up with a headache just by an hour or so.

Not to mention Masterforce is almost unplayable on 360.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 9, 2010, 01:26 PM
5. event/update information is more difficult to obtain
NoThis is particularly humorous to me, considering all of the staff at PSUPedia that still play PSU at all play only on JP now. I'd be more worried about the opposite becoming the case, honestly.

Delete
May 10, 2010, 05:48 AM
This isn't necessarily true, if you catch my drift.

I know, that's y I said probably as in "Not really, but there's gotta be something up" kind of way. :)

Wait, that makes no freakn sense what I just typed.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 10, 2010, 06:26 AM
No, no it doesn't.

Darki
May 10, 2010, 10:45 AM
In any case, I doubt JP servers would live less than 360... So it's not that is a lie either.

Delete
May 10, 2010, 02:29 PM
your the best poster on this site

Y thank you.

Urzu4
May 10, 2010, 02:56 PM
quick questions on the jp servers, sorry if this is the wrong spot, can you grind with the free course? also can you trade?

Max B
May 10, 2010, 03:29 PM
quick questions on the jp servers, sorry if this is the wrong spot, can you grind with the free course? also can you trade?

Well, no you can not grind.
Nope, no trading,

ZIE creations
May 10, 2010, 05:22 PM
Thanxs for all the info. honestly didn't know much of the JP server so sorry about any false acusation on the population of non-jp players on the JP servers. I would probly play freecourse but my PC Is run down with all my sisters games like "Supper granny 5" and shit like that. Thats what happens when you let your mom buy you a computer and she returns with a $800 set up (thats the chair and printer included).Always working to learn more about the game. (well any game for that matter) and will be on the xbox servers till the end, or until the next PSO:-)