PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 June update Paradi cataract

RappingRappy
May 10, 2010, 11:40 PM
I was so excited about this up date untill I found out that the paradi cataract is being dwarfed by 75 % this means it will be useless as a weapon, Sega break my Rappy Heart. Well I just think it is fare that they dwarf the beast mode and only make it last 5 sec,it is only fare. all this update is doing is taking away from the Cast ?it dont make me want to play it, its just the other way around.I love this game,and have been playing it for 17 months, It made my heart skip a beat when I found out that were getting an update.and it took three words to make me sob paradi cataract dwarfed.come on Cast unite "we want our Paradi left alone We Want our paradi Left Alone".... Beast Mode Only five seconds long

Powder Keg
May 11, 2010, 12:15 AM
It's not going to be rendered useless, but yeah it's getting a nerf, in power and range I believe. It's stamina bonus will also only be 3 instead of 5, but remember, this is for balance, and two more S rank SUVs will be released at that point.

RappingRappy
May 11, 2010, 12:44 AM
Balance ? I am not dim witted but just dont understand killing it by around 90% of what it is? I am tring to be in good mind about this but ?my gosh 90% and to my second idea 5 second Beast mode would be about 90% of Beast mode is this not a fare trade? PS I dont really care for Striking Weapons or the Beast charactor I love my Cast I really do.I know about the other SUV,s they dont really sound that good and if they are in a nerfed state I guess Hize stamana and get rid of SUV,s? for me. very sad sobbing

Syn Jerriel
May 11, 2010, 12:49 AM
Paradi cataract is OPed. It nice to see it nerffed some. Since in most cases if monsters spawn and me being a beast FM, most of the time ill not to get a hit on 1 or 2 sets of monsters.

And what my friend said today

" running with 4 gunners with Paradi cataract using them on a boss is pretty much a done deal"

Powder Keg
May 11, 2010, 12:55 AM
Ah...I don't think the power is being cut by that much.

milranduil
May 11, 2010, 01:34 AM
lol get a grip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es5U9BHJiq8

xxmadplayerxx
May 11, 2010, 01:52 AM
Paradi Cataract does too much damage anyways, in my opinion using Paradi Cataract more or less cheating..

Powder Keg
May 11, 2010, 02:14 AM
Paradi Cataract does too much damage anyways, in my opinion using Paradi Cataract more or less cheating..

Now that's just silly talk.

Syn Jerriel
May 11, 2010, 02:19 AM
lol get a grip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es5U9BHJiq8

....did.....did that just hit 10 times on one person. it two places.....i just saw numbers on numbers.... O_O!!!!!

milranduil
May 11, 2010, 02:23 AM
....did.....did that just hit 10 times on one person. it two places.....i just saw numbers on numbers.... O_O!!!!!

12 actually lol.

Shou
May 11, 2010, 02:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1SrIWtU6CA
Don't forget Ceresa's SUV video to show nerfed Paradi and Grom Burst.

ashley50
May 11, 2010, 02:29 AM
If JP side wasn't able to do anything about this, what can you do?
make an online Petition?

Syn Jerriel
May 11, 2010, 02:31 AM
I wanna see these used on Boss. Like MB, WB, Dark Falz.

milranduil
May 11, 2010, 02:38 AM

I'll be making a Distant Memory S3 GM video after the event once I'm GAS'd out and stuff and you can see it in action against Falz form 2 there :p

Syn Jerriel
May 11, 2010, 02:57 AM
I'll be making a Distant Memory S3 GM video after the event once I'm GAS'd out and stuff and you can see it in action against Falz form 2 there :p

new best friend :D. LOL. Cant wait.

Shou
May 11, 2010, 04:18 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrbDSBvCaoI&feature=related
Like Dis?

Darki
May 11, 2010, 04:49 AM
Lolz looking at those videos I just forget about Paradi Cataract and pick another SUV... They're so OP.

(Anyways IMO Paradi looks awful. First it looked too fast and short and now it's slow... I prefer just to pull out a giant weapon and kill the crap out of the monsters with it.

RappingRappy
May 11, 2010, 04:58 AM
I would never forget the paradi but I will admit the other SUV,s are cool so I will have two new ones it will complement each other.Rappy is more happy cool vids of the new SUV,s..

Darki
May 11, 2010, 05:42 AM
I've always liked Sturm SUV over Paradi Cataract, it has "similar" way of attacking, but you pull the bigz gun out and also cause burn which is better DPS wise than freeze. Anyways, my favorite SUV has always been Rafal SUV as a giant machinegun, but seeing those videos, now I guess I'd love to get my hand in an Ares Espada. xD

Urzu4
May 11, 2010, 06:24 AM
I playz a human so I have no idea what you guys are talkin bout. you guyz can keeps all your fancy toys imma stick to bashin skullz in with my hands8-)

DuRaL
May 11, 2010, 06:45 AM
Cataract looks so much cooler than any other SUV imo..

the sword could look cool, but it looks stupid how it's used..
even the Dark Flow special attack on PSO looked way cooler than that >_>

EDIT: wait, Vivienne Fluge does actually look better than Cataract, but that's soooo underpowered..
if it gave high lvl buffs for the team (like mylla&youlla) it'd be a great alternative to Cataract or the overpowered SUVs we'll get with the sup. update..

xBULLYDOGG
May 11, 2010, 07:52 AM
I was so excited about this up date untill I found out that the paradi cataract is being dwarfed by 75 % this means it will be useless as a weapon, Sega break my Rappy Heart. Well I just think it is fare that they dwarf the beast mode and only make it last 5 sec,it is only fare. all this update is doing is taking away from the Cast ?it dont make me want to play it, its just the other way around.I love this game,and have been playing it for 17 months, It made my heart skip a beat when I found out that were getting an update.and it took three words to make me sob paradi cataract dwarfed.come on Cast unite "we want our Paradi left alone We Want our paradi Left Alone".... Beast Mode Only five seconds long
You'll get over it. And leave beasts alone it's only fair that they will have an option to increase the amount of time they have for nan... did I just say that WHOOPS.

Darki
May 11, 2010, 09:54 AM
Is not like beasts have a good selection of nanoblasts... CASTs have over 20 SUVs, and yeah, I'm couning low level ones, but if you don't, you'll still have around 10 SUVs. Beasts have 4 blasts, 2 of them useless.

FUDGEHOY
May 11, 2010, 10:02 AM
Nerfing Paradi while bringing out two even more powerful SUVs seems to fit Sonic Team's idea of "balance" just fine. I find it interesting that some of the people (who don't like Paradi because they believe its overpowered) are very excited about the new SUVs that are way more powerful. I would have liked them to leave Paradi alone, and then used whichever SUV fit the situation the best.

Powder Keg
May 11, 2010, 10:19 AM
After seeing Ares, it does seem totally pointless to nerf it.

Oh well...maybe I'll try the Ascesion gift for shits and giggles now that it's apparently getting a boost.

xBULLYDOGG
May 11, 2010, 10:34 AM
I can't wait for the new SUV. Just means I'll steal more exp and ap during events.

ZeroKamikaze
May 11, 2010, 11:16 AM
I played a Cast majority of my time on psu, I have since taken a leave of absence, but still try to keep up with the updates. On the whole paradi being nerfed, I agree it was overpowered and needed a whack from the nerf bat. I dont agree with one thing with the nerf though, why bring the endurance down to 3, why reduce it to A rank status in all but name. The power, the range, fine, but the endurance could have been left at 5. It is still an S rank SUV after the nerf right, so why couldnt they just leave the endurance at 5?

darkante
May 11, 2010, 11:24 AM
Jesus, that sword SUV! And i thought Paradi were Oped. XD
Well, at least itīs less lazy but still...

milranduil
May 11, 2010, 11:26 AM
I can't wait for the new SUV. Just means I'll steal more exp and ap during events.

I do feel a bit guilty every time I use it in a party like against that first big SE spawn with 2 Ardites, but then feel extremely satisfied when it kills 10 enemies lool.

xBULLYDOGG
May 11, 2010, 02:37 PM
I do feel a bit guilty every time I use it in a party like against that first big SE spawn with 2 Ardites, but then feel extremely satisfied when it kills 10 enemies lool.

Gah guilt poo poo. If you don't know 'em and you know you won't ever, whos it hurting.

Max B
May 11, 2010, 05:02 PM
I thought this was old news? :-?

ZIE creations
May 11, 2010, 05:16 PM
I have a theory on the balance part of it. Paradi is way easy to get and everyone has a few and if they don't they could easily get them. For the new ones I believe you actualy have to do a trade in or buy it at an NPC (which takes money out of the circulation in an atempt to posibly fix the PSU economy) therfore balancing the value. Who isn't tired of hearing "slving! phew phew phew phew!" anyways?

Max B
May 11, 2010, 05:17 PM
I have a theory on the balance part of it. Paradi is way easy to get and everyone has a few and if they don't they could easily get them. For the new ones I believe you actualy have to do a trade in or buy it at an NPC (which takes money out of the circulation in an atempt to posibly fix the PSU economy) therfore balancing the value. Who isn't tired of hearing "slving! phew phew phew phew!" anyways?

Well, basically the way they are going to balance out our economy is making everything good account bound/ Guardians Cash.

milranduil
May 11, 2010, 06:23 PM

They only cost 1000 AMP which is obtained from doing GAM (and is pretty easy I might add) 3rd stage GAM gives 42 AMP per run, and when it's me and Lina duo-ing it, that's 42 AMP every 15 minutes or so lol.

Tenchi-Misaki
May 11, 2010, 08:28 PM
bout time they lowered the paradi cataract, now its the beast time to shine wooo

xxmadplayerxx
May 11, 2010, 09:17 PM
Now that's just silly talk.

no its not, you can't handle the truth....i mean, press two buttons and the problem is solved..

milranduil
May 11, 2010, 09:26 PM
bout time they lowered the paradi cataract, now its the beast time to shine wooo

Did you watch the video I posted? lol >_>

FUDGEHOY
May 11, 2010, 09:29 PM
Did you watch the video I posted? lol >_>

Some people don't have a good grasp on how powerful the new SUVs are. It won't be too long before the same people are wanting Grom Burst and Ares Espada to be nerfed.

Shinato
May 11, 2010, 09:42 PM
Because they get made that a class that isn't theirs is better? I hate that, poor slicers.

RappingRappy
May 11, 2010, 11:52 PM
I still say reduce the time of Beast Mode Also I agree that why are they reducing the end to 3?that just makes it an A rank SUV and also think about this you have to be infront of the monsters to hit them with the new SUV,s making it harder to use and if you have monsters in different parts of a battle area you might be lucky to hit two? So yes it,s cool to get two new SUV,s but its costing 2 end and less kills so is this good???

Delete
May 12, 2010, 01:30 AM

It won't be that big a difference actually. Oh and Lmao on the 5 seconds of Beast mode, that would be friggin hilarious.

RemiusTA
May 12, 2010, 03:09 AM
HEY I HEARD WE WERE GETTING NEWMAN BLASTS IN THIS UPDATE

ZIE creations
May 12, 2010, 05:20 PM
lol, I guess my theory is greatly flawed but o well, just making suggestions. And neuman blasts???? no.

mvffin
May 12, 2010, 06:43 PM
Beast Mode is already terrible, it doesn't need nerfing. Paradi is OP, but I definitely disagree with the STA nerf. Also, how long after Paradi nerf did JP version even GET Grom Burst or Ares Espada? Triple that length of time for our servers, and that's how long our poor casts will be dying of Megid every few seconds.

Halcyote
May 12, 2010, 07:08 PM
The STA nerf of Paradi is on par with the newer S rank SUVs.

Ares Espada (http://psu.amesani.org/db/item/data.php?item=206023)
Hegel Burst (http://psu.amesani.org/db/item/data.php?item=206018)
Rafal Burst (http://psu.amesani.org/db/item/data.php?item=206019)
Blitz Burst (http://psu.amesani.org/db/item/data.php?item=206020)
Grom Burst (http://psu.amesani.org/db/item/data.php?item=206021)

If anything, they nerfed it to balance it along with the others.

TRIBAL ARTS
May 13, 2010, 03:02 AM
wow that suv is broken even worse then peradi. they better do some amazing shit with nano cause thats just bullshit. i was happy to hear about the nerf, even though i have 2 casts but i also have 2 beasts and in a mission i can pop 3-5 suvs and 0-probably 1 lol nano. if we get this trash nano better do like 20k a punch.

Darki
May 13, 2010, 03:17 AM
It would be nice if they put the three new nanoblasts from PSPo2 (the 2 "normal" ones and the berserk black one) and also the Mirage Blasts, but well... I doubt they'll ever come.