PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU GC element swaps

Darki
May 11, 2010, 04:16 AM
Hi there! here I am again with stupid n00bz questions about JP PSU. xD

Well, I guess this time isn't so n00b. I got my hands on a fire Sonichi (the one which shoots 3 shots and has the knockdown and ATP down effect). Recently I have been toying with GC stuff (got a lil amount to get a dress and a hairstyle, and I had 100 GC left) and I had some stuff to try.

First of all, I managed to swap the element of the Sonichi to neutral (as they're expensive in JP, I prefer to have an all-places one and see if eventually I can get more), and I noticed that it keeps the knockdown effect, but seems that it doesn't do the ATP down anymore. I know someone who did the same with a ground Sonichi, and it kept the blowback.

So it makes me guess there are three different A rank weapons called "Sonichi": the lazor one w/ blowback (I think we have it in light and lightning) , the 3-shot w/ blowdown (fire one) and the 3-shot w/blowback (ground). I dunno the effects of other elements.

I'd like to know if somebody has been doing some experiments with this too, as I'm interested in this thing. There are some "element fixed" weapons I'd like to get a set off, and in the case of the Sonichi, I'd like to know for example if changing a fire one to a ground one would keep the blowdown effect instead of the blowback the "real" ground one has. I also believe they have the normal SEs that a kubara A rank shadoog deals, but with the blow effects added, but I'm not too sure...

(All this shit about Sonichis come because I like to pair shadoogs with whips and blowback isn't good for my whip combos, but I still love Sonichis so I saw a little hope here... <_<)

Zoamel_Gustav
May 12, 2010, 07:57 AM
I got my hands on a fire Sonichi ..., I managed to swap the element of the Sonichi to neutral ..., and I noticed that it keeps the knockdown effect, but seems that it doesn't do the ATP down anymore. I know someone who did the same with a ground Sonichi, and it kept the blowback.

So it makes me guess there are three different A rank weapons called "Sonichi": the lazor one w/ blowback (I think we have it in light and lightning) , the 3-shot w/ blowdown (fire one) and the 3-shot w/blowback (ground). I dunno the effects of other elements.

I'd like to know if somebody has been doing some experiments with this too, as I'm interested in this thing. There are some "element fixed" weapons I'd like to get a set off, and in the case of the Sonichi, I'd like to know for example if changing a fire one to a ground one would keep the blowdown effect instead of the blowback the "real" ground one has. I also believe they have the normal SEs that a kubara A rank shadoog deals, but with the blow effects added, but I'm not too sure...

(All this shit about Sonichis come because I like to pair shadoogs with whips and blowback isn't good for my whip combos, but I still love Sonichis so I saw a little hope here... <_<)

http://forum.psupedia.info/viewtopic.php?p=7102#p7102

in JP wiki's RCSM article. It says that in the Sonichi's case, if you modify the element of the weapon, the status effect will change accordingly. Though, the changes differ between Sonichi models. The light model receives charm for fire, ice, lightning and ground, HP absorb for light and HP affects power for dark. The fire and ground Sonichis, however, get ATP down (fire), DFP down (ice), ATA/EVP down (lightning), silence (ground), sleep (light) and confusion (dark).

Now, after some Googling, I tracked down a thread (http://changi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ogame3/1199947723/) that mentions changing whip elements. (Replies 914 and 915.) It says that the original status effect carries over to the modified weapon. Reply 917 then mentions that he mass-produced some 50% ice Vish Kusebs and changed their elements, and now uses them to freeze pretty much any small enemy. (Though he still uses Adacs to stun medium-sized enemies.)

So, it seems to be a weapon-by-weapon thing. I guess this is also why the item descriptions for Vish, Vish Tien and Vish Kuseb were changed recently to identify the inherent status effect.

Darki
May 12, 2010, 11:10 AM
Oh thanks for the info! I was looking for that. BTW, wasn't the ground Sonichi the "charm" SE one? I remember using it some runs when I was trying the SEs and see hearts pop out of it.