PDA

View Full Version : My brilliant $$$ making idea

NiceOnes
May 12, 2010, 02:31 PM
Before you get too excited let me say that my plan was flawed.

After receiving my Edel weapon I was just messing around on psupedia.info and noticed that the Harp could be exchanged for a moatoob collectable. I quickly searched the collectable to find its value around 6 Mill.

I would say I can score a harp on 2/3 tries now on The Road to Rykros A... That math works out to around 12 mill every half an hour or so.

Anyways I take my harp to the dealer only to find I need both the elym and the harp to make the exchange. The plan is out the window considering the Elym is MUCH harder to obtain..

The moatoob collectable would be the only reason to obtain these items a second time ... And only if you didn't receive it as a reward way back when.

I can't understand why the other trade in options are even there? Three gold badges?! 3 Grinder Base S!?

ZIE creations
May 12, 2010, 05:17 PM
You never know, with the sup. update we'll be able to become a hell of a lot stronger than now so it may not be a challenge later.

Volcompat321
May 12, 2010, 05:26 PM
You have to think about when this catches on, (if it does) then the price will drop.
More people doing this trying to get money, equals more of the moatoob collectible on the market.

Then you have to realize that just because they're up in shops for 6 mil, it doesn't mean they sell for 6 mil.
You'd want to have a lowered price, I'd say 5.5 or 5 mil each.
Then you have to wait for them to sell, if they sell.

You might have them there for a few days before even 1 sells.
Though, I'm not sure what the moatoob collectible is used for nowadays, so I could be wrong about people wanting it.

If it's in high demand, and people see the cheaper ones gone, then people might start buying the more expensive ones. (I've seen this happen with Paural a lot).
The cheaper ones sell, and no one wants to spend 15+ mil on them, but after a few days if more don't show up on the market, people get desperate and buy the 15+ mil ones.
Then everyone thinks they're worth that much.

(Don't worry about my pricing, it's been a while since I played PSU. Been since the announcement of the
closure of the PC/PS2, and Xbox 360 prices have always differed from ours anyway, so of course it'd be cheaper for you guys).

All in all, it's not a bad idea for the first few hours. Maybe the first few days.
If I were you, I'd give it a try, and see how things go. You never know, people might not catch on, and you could bank on this.

Good luck, and have fun!

desturel
May 12, 2010, 06:15 PM
You have to think about when this catches on, (if it does) then the price will drop.

The price will only drop temporarily. For example, Factory Red and Factory Blue were worth 3.5 mil. Then I posted that I sell Factory Red and Blue to make money and they dropped down to 1.5 mil, but now they are back up to 3 mil. Of course since I make this post, they will probably drop back down to 1 mil again.

Considering how easy these items are to obtain, their prices shouldn't sustain at the level that they do. The only reason they maintain their value is because people don't feel like hunting for them. That's not going to change with a few short term hunters flooding the market.

That's the reason why Spicia costs less than Meteoric Metal even though Spicia is far easier to obtain in large quantities. That's the reason why things like Teranite costs more than NPC sale value.

NiceOnes
May 13, 2010, 03:58 PM
You never know, with the sup. update we'll be able to become a hell of a lot stronger than now so it may not be a challenge later.

I have my doubts. Karen will not get any smarter and you will still only be able to carry 10 Star Atomizers...

If I had to run A Brighter Day even once or twice more I get the feeling my controller would end up in my 55" LCD.

I'm done with the story missions.

Adrian677
May 13, 2010, 04:02 PM
The price will only drop temporarily. For example, Factory Red and Factory Blue were worth 3.5 mil. Then I posted that I sell Factory Red and Blue to make money and they dropped down to 1.5 mil, but now they are back up to 3 mil. Of course since I make this post, they will probably drop back down to 1 mil again.

I've been selling these for the past month, as I have around 12 stacks of megisphere's in my bank. They rarely go for more than 2 million a piece.

Max B
May 13, 2010, 04:50 PM
I've been selling these for the past month, as I have around 12 stacks of megisphere's in my bank. They rarely go for more than 2 million a piece.

Ikr. Lol

desturel
May 14, 2010, 09:51 AM

Rarely? How often do you check? Last Friday, I put in four Factory; two blue and two red. Both Factory Blue sold for 3 mil in the first three days. One of the two Factory Red sold for 2.5 mil. The other Factory Red will probably sit in the shop for a while since it didn't sell before I made the initial post in this thread. I'm pretty sure the price will be back up to 2.5 in a couple of weeks once everyone forgets about this discussion on how to make money. I could drop it down to 1 mil for a quick sell, but I'm not really worried about it.

BTW, to prove that people actually read this thread, Primitive Moatoob Idol was down to 1 mil when I checked yesterday. I remember it being 5 mil last week.

Melton's Frying pans, which were going for 300k, dropped down to 100k, but are back up to 150k (I guess someone is trying to get some Setsuko's skillets and is flooding the market with the "failures").

Spicia was down below 100k for the first time in months, but will probably rebound back up to 150k in no time since there weren't many at the below 100k mark.

Meteoric Metal actually went up in price from the average 10k per piece.

Lunga Rooms were back up to selling for 15k (not much, but considering you couldn't give them away after the event...)

Teranite was actually selling at the NPC buy price instead of over it (all of those poor people making an easy profit on store bought items are probably cursing me out right about now).

I'd say things are looking nice right now to buy bulk and sell back for a profit in a few weeks.

Max B
May 14, 2010, 01:53 PM
O ya this person knows where the money is at [/sarcasm]

Adrian677
May 14, 2010, 02:01 PM
Well, like I said, I've got stacks and stacks of megispheres. Initially, the Factory Blues were selling within a day or two for 2.5 mil. I kept running into undercutters, though, forcing me to drop my price on a near daily basis. It got to the point that I now carry one Factory Blye & Red at 2 mil, and the rest at 3 mil. I've yet to sell a Factory since Monday, as there are a few listed in the 1.8 mil range. In any case, I'm happy making even 1 mil on these, as I had absolutely no use for the megispheres. Not really interested in Promoto weapons.

desturel
May 14, 2010, 02:20 PM
O ya this person knows where the money is at [/sarcasm]

Certainly easier that buying and selling 10/10 S rank weapons, Vijeri/resist, and Armas Line boards. My approach is more laid back in that it doesn't require any real consistent activity to accumulate wealth. To put it another way, you're a day trader on Wall Street and I'm the guy selling junk on Craigslist. We both get money, you do it the hard way with higher dividends. I do it the simple way with a constant revenue stream.

Honestly I make most of my cash off of selling 10/10 C and B rank weapons. Easy to grind, cheap to make, they sell at about 1~2 mil each.

Max B
May 14, 2010, 02:34 PM
Certainly easier that buying and selling 10/10 S rank weapons, Vijeri/resist, and Armas Line boards. My approach is more laid back in that it doesn't require any real consistent activity to accumulate wealth. To put it another way, you're a day trader on Wall Street and I'm the guy selling junk on Craigslist. We both get money, you do it the hard way with higher dividends. I do it the simple way with a constant revenue stream.

Honestly I make most of my cash off of selling 10/10 C and B rank weapons. Easy to grind, cheap to make, they sell at about 1~2 mil each.
Well, you can have your minuscule profit.

SolomonGrundy
May 14, 2010, 02:47 PM
on average, does't it cost a lot to make a 10/10 B rank (6*) weapon?

Like in the 400-500K range?

Adrian677
May 14, 2010, 03:46 PM

Yeah, the economy in this game is badly broken. Unless a weapon is damn near it's absolute best, it's a total bitch to sell. I see 11* melee weapons in the 32-38% bracket at 200k-500k on a daily basis. I've purchased over 10 0/9 Gur Hanabs, the 12* grenade launcher, for 300k a piece. The only items that seem to sell somewhat consistently at fair prices are 12*+ weapons with 7+ grinds, or 42% and higher. It's amazing how many millions more people will pay for the slightest of upgrades.

SolomonGrundy
May 14, 2010, 04:08 PM
Yeah, the economy in this game is badly broken. Unless a weapon is damn near it's absolute best, it's a total bitch to sell. I see 11* melee weapons in the 32-38% bracket at 200k-500k on a daily basis. I've purchased over 10 0/9 Gur Hanabs, the 12* grenade launcher, for 300k a piece. The only items that seem to sell somewhat consistently at fair prices are 12*+ weapons with 7+ grinds, or 42% and higher. It's amazing how many millions more people will pay for the slightest of upgrades.

that's not a bad thing.
Let's face it, as the population dwindles, and as more S rank boards are found, the need for normal range (18-30ish%) goes down.

What's bad is there is nothing else to spend your money on. There needs to be huge money dumps in this game that can get rid of wealth. Weather it be games of chance, or something else entirely.

Example: 1 million meseta for 4 hours of 3* luck

Adrian677
May 14, 2010, 04:24 PM
I think the over abundance of quality S ranks is great for the population. The problem is, people don't really think about functionality in this game. While they can pay 500k for a 36% dark Double Agito, they'll be rolling around in WB with a 24% fire carriguine-rucar that they probably paid 3 mil for. Most players seem to be concerned with status over performance. In any case, I'm thoroughly enjoying the game since returning. Glad to have some outlets for money making.

SolomonGrundy
May 14, 2010, 04:53 PM
well, also thing jsut change. Consider the new GAS missions. Suddenly, a 10/10 average wand,rod,gun is worth more than a 9/9 slightly stronger wand/rod/gun

Adrian677
May 14, 2010, 05:02 PM
GAS missions? Sorry, I've missed pretty much anything pertinent to the game over the last year.

SolomonGrundy
May 14, 2010, 05:04 PM
yeah - there are a bunch of ways to increase your characters power. one of which is to buy a special abilily that gives 10% more ATP for 10/10 weapons. Great for forces, decent for gunners

Volcompat321
May 14, 2010, 05:15 PM
You'll always have undercutters.
That is why prices drop.
When everything is dropped to a certain amount, and they sell, and the one item left is a high price, that doesn't mean that it's worth that much.

People don't seem to get that when things sit in shops for a year before they sell, that doesn't mean it's worth that much, it means people couldn't get it themselves, got impatient, and just went ahead and bought it.

SolomonGrundy
May 14, 2010, 06:17 PM
the other thing is realizing that only so many of an item is needed.

If you sell a 10/10 A rank for 10 mil, then make another, that one might also sell for 10 millon...but you cannot go on selling 10/10 because it is a very limited market, and you will eventually run out of people that want 10/10 of a particular item.

I got burned on Cometaracs that way (this was before TCSMs were available.

desturel
May 14, 2010, 07:27 PM
on average, does't it cost a lot to make a 10/10 B rank (6*) weapon?

Like in the 400-500K range?

It averages out over time. I get a bunch of B and C rank stuff while I'm grinding out missions like Photon Harvest C for Spicia or Forest Infiltration for Sleep Resist/Adahna Cannon, so the items don't really cost me anything.

I normally wait until I have 10 or 20 of a single item (Falgohoh for example since that drops made from Kakwane in PH C rank)

All of the money is spent on Grinder Base B (500 meseta) and the board (1000 meseta). Consider you buy 500 Base B (250k) and 100 boards (100k). That's 350K. Then I average about 5 B+10 per stack so that's 25 B+10.

I will grind as many as possible to 6 using nothing higher than a B+7 (which are dirt cheap if I ever run low). The 6th grind with a B+7 with 3* luck is around 66% a B+9 is 75%, but I'm willing to break a few B ranks that I didn't pay anything for and B+8 and B+9 are actually worth something. Normally if I start with 10 I'm down to 4 at that point. Then I go through them one by one and try to get them from 6 to 10 with B+8 B+9 and B+10. My method from there is completely dependent on how many 6/10 I have.

With 2 6/10 I normally just take them to 8/10 with B+9 (7th grind 66.75% 8th grind 62.25%)
With 3 6/10 I take them to 7/10 with B+9 then if all three make it I go from 8 to 10 with B+10 on one (8th grind 71.75 9th grind 70% 10th grind 68.25%) on all three. It's all or nothing at that point. The 8th grind is harder than the 10th grind with that method. (total +10 grinders used is 9 out of 25 so I normally run a surplus if only 3 make it).

With 4 or more 6/10 I go one by one from 6 to 10. I use the pattern of +9, +9, +10, +10 until I break down to 3 then I switch to +9, +10, +10, +10. If I have a ridiculous amount of 6/10 (say 10 or more), then I'll use +8 to take them to the 7th grind (58%) which generally whittles it down to 5 or 6, then I continue with +9 and +10)

Yeah it may seem like a waste of weapons, but these are B rank weapons. I don't care if they break. :)

Out of a stack of 20 I can normally make 3 or 4 10/10 for a total cost of about 350k meseta then I can sell them for 1~2 mil each.

I normally only do that when I'm bored though. It takes about 2 hours of prep work to grind crap so it's not really worth it unless you have a good stock of things to grind. You want to make at least 3 10/10 so you don't really waste your time.

the other thing is realizing that only so many of an item is needed.

If you sell a 10/10 A rank for 10 mil, then make another, that one might also sell for 10 millon...but you cannot go on selling 10/10 because it is a very limited market, and you will eventually run out of people that want 10/10 of a particular item.

Which is why I don't do A ranks. People aren't making 10/10 B ranks so the market is wide open. Just search for something that isn't already being sold. I use to sell A ranks, but there isn't as much profit in them. Things like Phantom and Kiujibahoh sell for about 3 mil, but why spend the extra cash to make a 10/10 Kiujibahoh when you can make a Sniper for much less and make more profit?

JFKdj
May 15, 2010, 01:55 AM
A lot of words.

To sum it up D-fro says "I'm rich, bitch!", so listen to him, I don't and I have no money.

By the way that was the best game I've been to since game 5 of the '02 finals when Detroit won the cup. The Bruins can suck it.

desturel
May 15, 2010, 11:37 AM
To sum it up D-fro says "I'm rich, bitch!", so listen to him, I don't and I have no money.

Not really, I only have 3 stacks. I'm pretty sure you have more. I don't really strive to have more than 4 stacks at any given time. You run out of places to put the money, so I start spending down to at least 2 once I get to 4.

By the way that was the best game I've been to since game 5 of the '02 finals when Detroit won the cup. The Bruins can suck it.

Hah, I saw you sign in at 3am, but I forgot you went to the game. Obviously you had a good time since you don't post here unless you've had a few drinks.

SolomonGrundy
May 17, 2010, 04:43 PM
Which is why I don't do A ranks. People aren't making 10/10 B ranks so the market is wide open. Just search for something that isn't already being sold. I use to sell A ranks, but there isn't as much profit in them. Things like Phantom and Kiujibahoh sell for about 3 mil, but why spend the extra cash to make a 10/10 Kiujibahoh when you can make a Sniper for much less and make more profit?

Interesting - so you are creating the market.
I was thinking of doing this with B ranks as well. Just didn't think the drop rate of items or boards supported it.

with the GAS missions coming up I fingured I could make all the B rank 10/10s now, as well as B rank armor, and hope for the best.

Volcompat321
May 17, 2010, 04:46 PM
If you're going to make any B/A rank stuff, now's the time, way before you get the supplemental update.
By the time it hits, you'll be making a huge profit, depending on Armor/Weapon % and grinds on weapons.

desturel
May 17, 2010, 07:06 PM
with the GAS missions coming up I fingured I could make all the B rank 10/10s now, as well as B rank armor, and hope for the best.

Hmm, I'm not really sure how big that market will be. Even with a level 20 cap, most people/classes will be able to equip Serafi-senba. It kinda kills the market since it only requires 75 to equip. They would specifically need to make restrictions on what type of armor you could wear into the missions which I don't recall them doing.

As for B rank weapons, Del Jagnus 10/10 and Deljabaner 10/10 have always been good sellers even at mediocre percentages. I could only see them get more popular when the GAS missions come out.

Really, I'm not so much creating a new market as exploiting one that no one else cares to take advantage of. For example, remember how we were talking about that Factory Red I had in my shop for 2.5 that I didn't think would sell for a while, well it moved on Saturday and the market for Factory Red was back up to 3 mil while Blue was around 2.5. I haven't checked today, but it's probably still around that value.

Meanwhile the market for a few other items are crashing. Because of the level cap increase more people are doing Seed Express and the Dark God so items from those missions are crashing again. Also people are actually using their rare missions as they get them instead of hoarding them until their friends get on, so there will probably be a temporary influx of Spread Needles. Of course that isn't going to crash the Spread Needle market, but for people looking to grind one to 10/10 they have their best chance to find an unbroken one right now.

SolomonGrundy
May 18, 2010, 04:08 PM
Hmm, I'm not really sure how big that market will be. Even with a level 20 cap, most people/classes will be able to equip Serafi-senba. It kinda kills the market since it only requires 75 to equip. They would specifically need to make restrictions on what type of armor you could wear into the missions which I don't recall them doing.

As for B rank weapons, Del Jagnus 10/10 and Deljabaner 10/10 have always been good sellers even at mediocre percentages. I could only see them get more popular when the GAS missions come out.

Meanwhile the market for a few other items are crashing. Because of the level cap increase more people are doing Seed Express and the Dark God so items from those missions are crashing again. Also people are actually using their rare missions as they get them instead of hoarding them until their friends get on, so there will probably be a temporary influx of Spread Needles. Of course that isn't going to crash the Spread Needle market, but for people looking to grind one to 10/10 they have their best chance to find an unbroken one right now.

Here is some data for you:
Level 20, class level 20
M Beast Fortefighter
ATP: 472 (Almost no S ranks)
DFP: 88

F Cast Fortegunner
ATP: 386
ATA: 232
DFP: 66

F Newman Fortetecher
TP: 581
ATA (for bows): 74
DFP: 35 (Acrotecher 51, Masterforce 43)

So the Armor Market is WIDE open, as is the weapons market. I have my own ideas as to what will sell, but for now I'm keeping hush, so as not to influence the market.

One thing I wonder though - when you get a GAS improvement, will people select the the stat improvements first to make more weapons and amror available to them?

desturel
May 18, 2010, 06:32 PM
Here is some data for you:

This is why I said most classes. It only takes one DFP+ for your female cast gunner and it would take three as a Male Neuman FG. I'm sure most people would go for the Serafi.

One thing I wonder though - when you get a GAS improvement, will people select the the stat improvements first to make more weapons and amror available to them?

Again, armor is more important. For example Masterforce is required to spend at least 4 levels on DFP+ in order to equip a Serafi-senba/Baji-senba. They don't have any other choice in the matter unless they want to go without armor.

While a fortetecher can wear a Hoza-senba, I'm sure most people would prefer to pump up their DFP enough to equip a least a Hiragi-senba, Sori-senba or Rikau-senba just for the bonus of A rank units.

Weapons, on the other hand, can be swapped out for a lower ranked version without too big of a hit to how you play. Gaozoran Rod+ can be equiped by a Neuman Fortetecher 20 without any stat modifications and a Male Beast Fortetecher 20 could rock a Dallgunrod if they so choose.

A female cast fortegunner can equip Killer Elite and while a female beast fortegunner (163 ata) might be limited to Phantom, that's still not a game breaker when you consider you're still fighting level 20 enemies with level 40 photon arts.

A neuman female fortefighter 20 (323 atp) won't be using knuckles and spears, but slicers and sabers will get you through most missions just fine (yeah, I know they should switch to acrofighter, but I'm just giving an example).

SolomonGrundy
May 18, 2010, 06:59 PM
Again, armor is more important. For example Masterforce is required to spend at least 4 levels on DFP+ in order to equip a Serafi-senba/Baji-senba. They don't have any other choice in the matter unless they want to go without armor.

Do runs as a Fortetecher/Acrotecher. Problem solved, as you mentioned below

While a fortetecher can wear a Hoza-senba, I'm sure most people would prefer to pump up their DFP enough to equip a least a Hiragi-senba, Sori-senba or Rikau-senba just for the bonus of A rank units.

Why? the enemies are level 20...?

Weapons, on the other hand, can be swapped out for a lower ranked version without too big of a hit to how you play. Gaozoran Rod+ can be equiped by a Neuman Fortetecher 20 without any stat modifications and a Male Beast Fortetecher 20 could rock a Dallgunrod if they so choose.

You should look again at Figther-type S-rank ATP requirements.

A female cast fortegunner can equip Killer Elite and while a female beast fortegunner (163 ata) might be limited to Phantom, that's still not a game breaker when you consider you're still fighting level 20 enemies with level 40 photon arts.

and what armor will the gunners be wearing?

Also, I'm not sure I want to waste 500K AEXP on getting DFP+ just wear better armor to earn MORE AEXP.

desturel
May 19, 2010, 01:13 AM
Also, I'm not sure I want to waste 500K AEXP on getting DFP+ just wear better armor to earn MORE AEXP.

You can get AEXP from any mission as long as your are at the cap, so technically you can go to Seed Awakening S3 and get the AEXP from that run (around 100k per run IIRC). Then use that AEXP to get DFP+ to get AEXP from the GAM. :)

SolomonGrundy
May 19, 2010, 02:12 AM
You can get AEXP from any mission as long as your are at the cap, so technically you can go to Seed Awakening S3 and get the AEXP from that run (around 100k per run IIRC). Then use that AEXP to get DFP+ to get AEXP from the GAM. :)

...wouldn't you just get AEXP from the same "any mission" as you were doing already? no GAM needed.

desturel
May 19, 2010, 07:54 AM
...wouldn't you just get AEXP from the same "any mission" as you were doing already? no GAM needed.

True, but there are some items that only drop in GAM so it's best to be ready to do them. For example I believe Chef's Oil and other things only drop there so it's still worth it to do them (if you like the Gimmick stuff that is).

SolomonGrundy
May 19, 2010, 11:35 AM
Meh - I think the GAS missions allow lower level characters to have some fun/add some customizations that make the grind of getting to higher level much easier.

Especially for hybrid classes that don't have the best kill speed with their current set up (Wartecher, ProTranser, ArcroTecher - I'm looking at you here).