PDA

View Full Version : PSO to PSU

steaIth
May 13, 2010, 07:07 PM
i was mostly a ranger in pso and loved it, so i got PSU when i heard about it. i was dissapointed and never really got into it, any sugestions on how to get into it, i stopped after i couldnt find how to get to misson 8. eventually, i figured it out, but got a bit more annoyed with and got a bit annoyed when a hard enemy kept one shotting me with megid.
so any suggestion on how to get into this game, and how to beat that guy?

Ryna
May 13, 2010, 09:05 PM
Are you referring to Magashi? I don't recall him being too difficult to defeat.

If you have any interest in the game, I would suggest signing up for Network Mode. Offline mode is very limited and won't hold most people's interest for long.

steaIth
May 13, 2010, 09:16 PM
i am taking about not a boss, i cant remember what he is called, but i can kill a few, but before the mission is over, one of them gets me

Darki
May 14, 2010, 12:30 AM
... how does it look?

landman
May 14, 2010, 03:34 AM
Megids are supposed to kill you, so you have to avoid them, not stand still continuously shooting...

SolomonGrundy
May 14, 2010, 02:55 PM
PSO is VERY different from PSU.

They are barely related, except in understanding core concepts. (Like "just attack" = timed attachs in PSO).

No Mags that affect stats, no special attacks, Traps are not limited to andriods (and in general are not as good, unless you are a PT). Also, debuffing makes less difference in PSU, and there is a lot more megids. There are more bosses and mini bosses though, which I (personally) like.

If you want to get into, I suggest making a fortegunner, or a figunner. Both these classes are well rounded enough to make the game fun.

Ezodagrom
May 14, 2010, 02:59 PM
PSO is VERY different from PSU.

They are barely related, except in understanding core concepts. (Like "just attack" = timed attachs in PSO).

No Mags that affect stats, no special attacks, Traps are not limited to andriods (and in general are not as good, unless you are a PT). Also, debuffing makes less difference in PSU, and there is a lot more megids. There are more bosses and mini bosses though, which I (personally) like.

If you want to get into, I suggest making a fortegunner, or a figunner. Both these classes are well rounded enough to make the game fun.
There were no "timed attacks" in PSO (or at least there was nothing similar to just attack). In PSO it was simple, heavy and extra attack, each with its own button.

SolomonGrundy
May 14, 2010, 04:55 PM
um, wrong. In order go go through the full set of attacks (3 in a set), you needed to time them. This not only gave off a sound, it also had a visual effect.

landman
May 14, 2010, 08:21 PM
There were no "timed attacks" in PSO (or at least there was nothing similar to just attack). In PSO it was simple, heavy and extra attack, each with its own button.

I would like to see you smash the button in PSO and see if you do any combo or not :P

Delete
May 14, 2010, 08:33 PM
If ya talking about single player (which I did manage to play through), then your not going to have much fun probably. The fun is online and if your new to Psu, you will find a ton of awesome things this game has to offer like being able to have a room and selling things even when your not on just to name one.

You'll hear a lot of negative things about this game and I myself quit recently, but I will tell you this, it was definitely the most fun I've ever had in an MMO hands-down.

Ezodagrom
May 14, 2010, 09:01 PM
I would like to see you smash the button in PSO and see if you do any combo or not :P
I know that in PSO the attacks have to be timed, but when SolomonGrundy said "timed attacks = just attack" I thought he was saying that there was something similar to "just attack" in PSO... my bad... :\

Kent
May 14, 2010, 10:13 PM
I know that in PSO the attacks have to be timed, but when SolomonGrundy said "timed attacks = just attack" I thought he was saying that there was something similar to "just attack" in PSO... my bad... :\
There is, if you look at it this way: PSU's "Just Attack" is essentially equal to how you have to attack in PSO in order to do any combos at all.

ZIE creations
May 15, 2010, 02:12 PM
You'll hear a lot of negative things about this game and I myself quit recently, but I will tell you this, it was definitely the most fun I've ever had in an MMO hands-down.
I agree with that, I have had more fun on PSU then PSO-WoW-or any other MMO. You hear a lot of bad things about it because people want more in the game and sega has been slow on our updates although it is getting better.

PSU is a great game online and has enough in the game to keep you playing quite contently for months and posably years. If you ever truely get bored of the game then just cancel your subscription and come back in a month or 2, then theres something to do.

But offline mode sux, flat out. Atfirst it's ok but it really doesn't hold up and is very confusing in the story and to easy to master. If you really want to enjoy PSU then get a subscription. The populations growing and the Sup. Update is coming so now is a good time to join. K, well I'm going back to get to Level 180!:D

RemiusTA
May 15, 2010, 08:55 PM
If psu featured Offline Splitscreen multiplayer (minus the cut content to make online look cooler), i guarantee it would have a reputation almost just as good as PSO.

That said, offline mode is absolute garbage. Anyone who played offline and not online and judged the game has a judgment that is 100% incomplete.

Kent
May 16, 2010, 02:58 AM
If psu featured Offline Splitscreen multiplayer (minus the cut content to make online look cooler), i guarantee it would have a reputation almost just as good as PSO.
That's a pretty big stretch you're going for there. I don't think that the simple addition of offline multiplayer would be enough to make users look past the myriad critical design flaws inherent to the game.

aquafire
May 16, 2010, 11:05 PM
Meh I'm guessing he's referring to a Jarba :O ...orr a carriguine..

SolomonGrundy
May 17, 2010, 05:08 PM
I'm soft of torn. pre-AoI, you really did need more teamwork to make a run easier. I remember Fortefighters had it pretty rough, and ForteGunners had it pretty easy due to DoT. Now DoT is a minor benefit, and Fortefighters (or FighMasters) drop LOL-like damage numbers. Remember when resta was important, becauxe Trimates cost so much?

I played the heck out of this game (PSU), and did like it, but I also liked PSO - maybe more for it's customization (via MAGs, and MATs).
PSU offered far more variety in the missions, items and "things to spend time on" (grinding, synthing, shopping, etc), and so far a good successor.