PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Where / how do I update my spells?

Egg.
May 16, 2010, 09:14 AM
Well the last phantasy star I played was on game cube a few years ago. Now I'm playing psu on the Jp servers and I'm not sure how or where you update your spells now ? Any one mind pointing me in the right direction?

redroses
May 16, 2010, 10:43 AM
In PSU, you do not find Technic/Skills/Bullets with higher levels, you level them up by using them.
Spells etc can be bought on the second floor on the Colony to the right, the orange shop. The blue guy sells Technics, the green one Bullets and the red one Skills.

After that, just use them in missions/by attacking monsters with them/hitting monsters) and they will level.

TenebriS
May 16, 2010, 04:55 PM
And after hours and hours of leveling they reach lvl 41 and look so awesome you know why you spent so much time on leveling them :D

Volcompat321
May 17, 2010, 04:22 AM
And after hours and hours of leveling they reach lvl 41 and look so awesome you know why you spent so much time on leveling them :D

But, only you can see what they look like past 21. :/

Unfortunately, that was a visual nerf when 41+ came out. :/

TenebriS
May 17, 2010, 04:47 AM
well, if someone level up his spells you can see them for the block as their current level :O

But as long as you are a Masterforce you dont need to care anyway, your spells will be the best looking ones ;D

Ryno
May 17, 2010, 10:21 PM
it took me 10 hours at least to level one spell to 50.
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r233/x_RYNO_x/psu20100516_121050_067.jpg
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r233/x_RYNO_x/psu20100516_174305_073.jpg

RemiusTA
May 18, 2010, 12:32 AM
the fact that the support buffs only have 5 levels of usefullness but require 41 levels to boost them was absolutely asinine.

They should have just had shifta/deband/resta/reverser/blahblah levels 1-5, and had each level take a real long time. Like how every spell in PSO had 30 levels except for Anti.

Speaking of which, it wouldn't be so bad if the effectiveness of each spell rose with each level, but it doesn't. Buff Parties just feel like one of the biggest Force design flaws. The only way they're useful is if you sit down and take the time to spam them -- regular use doesn't get them anywhere. And i cant believe ST hasn't fixed that yet. Its just something nobody should have to do to be useful.