PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Maximum Attack X: Final thoughts?

unicorn
May 17, 2010, 04:30 PM
Sooo with the event coming to a close, I was just curious what everyone thought of it in comparison to other events. :)

I personally didn't like it, haha. Shame this was my first on the JP servers, but I'm a little grateful I lvled up a little. So of the drops were nice, from what I saw (not like anything really dropped for me). I wish there was a bigger EXP boost, I felt I lvled more in MAG and STD. Don't even get me started on the MP rewards.... :\

Plus 2 or 3 of the rooms in the event didn't have EXP boosts, which sucked eggs.

Granted, I feel like this event was more of an introduction to new items type of event, than a lvling event, so higher lvl characters benefited more than previous n00b friendly events.

pikachief
May 17, 2010, 04:35 PM
im sad cuz I didn't play it. my internet's lame and disconnects me every few min so I just stopped playing PSU all together for about 2-3 months now :(

Palle
May 17, 2010, 04:40 PM
I tried to do my part, collecting perhaps a few thousand data chips, but only half of the playing I did during the event was related to event missions. I didn't run any of the routes added to Twisting Labyrinth, doing the Crossover red route almost exclusively.

I didn't get the drops I wanted, but I didn't level enough to get them, so... can't blame the event for that.

...ultimately I was not disappointed or especially impressed, but it was a nice diversion from alternating IG/MS runs.

SuKKrl
May 17, 2010, 05:36 PM
Its MP was disappointing (also it came on the worst possible period for me :() and I didn't see any kind of great drops until S2.

It felt a bit like a new player (free course) boost event due to some of the drops, but I have to say the exp in the green route and the svaltus room is quite good.

xBULLYDOGG
May 17, 2010, 05:42 PM
It was alright for the 3 days that I ran it. Met a couple new people on JP and really liked the fire infected place. (I am talking about right event aren't I?)

Max B
May 17, 2010, 05:43 PM
It was alright for the 3 days that I ran it. Met a couple new people on JP and really liked the fire infected place. (I am talking about right event aren't I?)

Yes, you are.

Max B
May 17, 2010, 05:44 PM
Well, ya I enjoyed it.

xBULLYDOGG
May 17, 2010, 05:48 PM
Hurrah!

PepperCat
May 17, 2010, 10:53 PM
It wasn't bad, I just wish I had more time to play it... :(

Shou
May 18, 2010, 01:08 AM
MAX was pretty good. Brand new unique missions with different maps/ways to play them.

TONS of brand new items that were designed by the PSU fanbase which is totally awsome.

The only downside was that the EXP and MP was bad. I know for me I was getting MP slower that I would without and event and only gaining EXP about 50% faster than without an event.

I really liked how they put the music Jukebox at the begining of Lab. I think they should do that with more events.

Rewards are sweet and I started at lvl 103 and ended up low 170s playing a couple to a few hours a day on average.

I would give this event an 8/10 (1up Cup being 10/10 and and MAG being a 5/10)

milranduil
May 18, 2010, 01:12 AM
MAX was pretty good. Brand new unique missions with different maps/ways to play them.

TONS of brand new items that were designed by the PSU fanbase which is totally awsome.

The only downside was that the EXP and MP was bad. I know for me I was getting MP slower that I would without and event and only gaining EXP about 50% faster than without an event.

I really liked how they put the music Jukebox at the begining of Lab. I think they should do that with more events.

Rewards are sweet and I started at lvl 103 and ended up low 170s playing a couple to a few hours a day on average.

I would give this event an 8/10 (1up Cup being 10/10 and and MAG being a 5/10)

1up Cup was 10/10 on pretty much all aspects, but I think MAG deserves higher than that only because it was basically the best EXP that was ever available until Seabed Vibrations in The Great Arms Race (RoF in STD was pretty ridiculous if you solo'd as a gunner a lot, I went 1-150 stupidly fast :wacko:).

Shou
May 18, 2010, 01:53 AM
The fact that MAG lasted 6 weeks long the first time and then was recycled for another 4 weeks played a big part in that 5/10 score. lol

milranduil
May 18, 2010, 01:59 AM
The fact that MAG lasted 6 weeks long the first time and then was recycled for another 4 weeks played a big part in that 5/10 score. lol

Both times they helped reach the new caps (130/15, then later 140/20) so I really didn't care lol. I had a lot of fun during them.

VectormanX
May 18, 2010, 08:11 AM
The event was nice, although it pales in comparison to 3rd anniversary and Absolute zero. Drops were decent, But i can't complain much. It was fun.

Tyreek
May 18, 2010, 08:48 AM
It was an interesting run. I wish I could have played it more. The JP players there were nice and helpful. I spent most of my time doing the support with some occasional melee. Wish I could have played the missions at S3, especially Twisting Laybrinth. No one seems to want to play that. :o

Arika
May 18, 2010, 12:09 PM
Plus 2 or 3 of the rooms in the event didn't have EXP boosts, which sucked eggs.

Well , they rather ask people to pay their GC for exp in special mission.

Ryno
May 18, 2010, 09:07 PM
My final thought are. as long as we get rewards im good. :)

Demon-
May 18, 2010, 09:16 PM
It was a decent event I think. Some parts were a little annoying but overall it was nice.

Ash1ey
May 19, 2010, 01:11 AM
It was ok, not bad. I appreciate what it was, and it helped me jump levels since I've been out for awhile.

However, t he earthquake block is probably the worst block out of any PSU mission, especially when that glitch hits.

Shou
May 19, 2010, 04:05 AM
It was ok, not bad. I appreciate what it was, and it helped me jump levels since I've been out for awhile.

However, t he earthquake block is probably the worst block out of any PSU mission, especially when that glitch hits.
Ugh yes. That room is torture. Especially if you get the version that has huge trap areas right where the monsters spawn. >_>

That room made even fully GASed characters lose a few dolls...

Did anyone else have the pleasure of being in the middle of an active trap zone while being mechgunned in the face? >_>

SuKKrl
May 19, 2010, 12:21 PM
Did anyone else have the pleasure of being in the middle of an active trap zone while being mechgunned in the face? >_>

I had. :( (stupid idea to solo S2...)

Only thing on my head was: stop blocking you idiot! :-P
Of course he didn't stop... ^^;

Ash1ey
May 19, 2010, 01:21 PM

All the time :P Either mech gunned, or have them charge me and kill me!

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 19, 2010, 02:26 PM
I only ever played that Relics map on like B, so I thought it was pretty cool.

Ryno
May 19, 2010, 09:09 PM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/xl2YClNx/psu20100519_213031_015.jpg

well.. theres the last of it.. now ready for May 20 update
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177855

Anon_Fire
May 19, 2010, 09:12 PM
Such a shame we didn't make it to the 2x Daily Stamps.

milranduil
May 19, 2010, 09:17 PM
Such a shame we didn't make it to the 2x Daily Stamps.

Yeah I was going to be relying on this myself since I blew all my stamps on the Gacha trying for Devil's flame to make my Dark Meteor...ended up getting none from it, but 2 from playing with random Fire S3 groups lol. Not much really to get from the gacha anyways, unless you want easy spheres and badges.

Katy
May 19, 2010, 10:12 PM
The event was kinda bland but it really broke the monotony of spamming Innocent Girl for power leveling.

For some reason I had some crazy luck in this event. I got 2 Cadeacus Rods, 1 Dragon's Scale, 2 Devils Flame, 1 Devils Blade, and a Zero Photon which doesn't even have a use yet. I only started play JP a month ago and made it to level 132.

Too many things are untradable now, it's stupid. I get GC items not able to sell/trade but too many normal drop items are account bound, I don't get it. Because of that reason I'm broke and I can't think of any other way to make money but to sell the S+10's I made...

Shou
May 19, 2010, 10:38 PM
OMFG
I HAVE TO LVL MEGID TO 50 AGAIN TOMMOROW
>_> <_< >_> <_<
[SPOILER-BOX]Waits for Bob to quote me an lol...[/SPOILER-BOX]

Crysteon
May 19, 2010, 10:51 PM
For some reason I had some crazy luck in this event. I got 2 Cadeacus Rods, 1 Dragon's Scale, 2 Devils Flame, 1 Devils Blade, and a Zero Photon which doesn't even have a use yet. I only started play JP a month ago and made it to level 132.

Too many things are untradable now, it's stupid. I get GC items not able to sell/trade but too many normal drop items are account bound, I don't get it. Because of that reason I'm broke and I can't think of any other way to make money but to sell the S+10's I made...

Lol...I call crazy luck when someone is able to do around 800 million meseta in a 4 weeks period selling rare drops and RSD items from this event (Lavis Arrow, Dark Meteor, etc). I admit I got all kinds of stuff from this event, except 3 Boosters I needed for the new sabers >_>....but bleh...this event was quite average.

And...I dont find stupid that GC items are account-bound; in the contrary, it's the best way to avoid drama from troll players who want to take advantage of others overpricing stuff they get from paid missions. It's an extra service Sega offers to make the game easier for a few and it's fair enough for those who have a job in real life and dont have enough time to play this game; it's not something made for no-lifes or overplayers. Well, that's just me...I dont really care if anyone likes it or not.

milranduil
May 19, 2010, 10:54 PM
lol you have to level megid tomorrow lol

SuKKrl
May 19, 2010, 11:01 PM
She didn't say that GC items should be tradeable, its that there are too many untradable items right now. (like the stamp mats)

I do think there are quite a lot of those now but depending on its use its not a bad idea.

unicorn
May 19, 2010, 11:03 PM

No excuse for you to not have lvled it! I got mine to 33 without PA increase!.... with polty room. >_>; STILL!!!!!....!!!

Lucky. I only got one Caduceus :( Guess I'll have to run /R to find another Fluge...

Got 2 Photon Boosters though, so I made myself a cute lil Rappy Madoog. ^_^

She didn't say that GC items should be tradeable, its that there are too many untradable items right now. (like the stamp mats)

I do think there are quite a lot of those now but depending on its use its not a bad idea.

I think GC items shouldnt be tradable. However, all these new untradable items I'm not liking. Like Biomaterials, etc. I dunno why PSU is becoming more and more account-bound. Its promoting more solo play than anything else.

I do like how newer items are dropping made, and at higher percents. It is similar to PSO. I dislike the crafting system in PSU greatly, and it should be gotten rid of. PMs should only be lvled for battle usage instead of synthing. But thats just my opinion.

milranduil
May 19, 2010, 11:16 PM
Shou don't feel too bad...estimating the number of Deraga-Zashi boards I had last time I checked was around 200, I'd say it's a reasonable estimate at 7 Walna/board, I have 2500 neu walna to hunt...and you thought leveling Megid was bad lolz.

Crysteon
May 19, 2010, 11:23 PM
Shou don't feel too bad...estimating the number of Deraga-Zashi boards I had last time I checked was around 200, I'd say it's a reasonable estimate at 7 Walna/board, I have 2500 neu walna to hunt...and you thought leveling Megid was bad lolz.

Here's my new partner on Booster hunting :D...loljk

Nai_Calus
May 20, 2010, 03:04 AM
I was too busy with work/school/being horribly sick to play it much.(My main only gained two levels) I wasn't that impressed anyway, and didn't even bother finding out what dropped because I didn't have time or energy to hunt. The MP/XP seemed really thin for an event and since that was mainly what would have interested me... Eh. The missions were annoying and/or dull. Definitely not a favourite.

Katy
May 20, 2010, 06:37 AM
And...I dont find stupid that GC items are account-bound; in the contrary, it's the best way to avoid drama from troll players who want to take advantage of others overpricing stuff they get from paid missions. It's an extra service Sega offers to make the game easier for a few and it's fair enough for those who have a job in real life and dont have enough time to play this game; it's not something made for no-lifes or overplayers. Well, that's just me...I dont really care if anyone likes it or not.

I think you misread my post. Also I only did around 5 runs of S3, I was too low lvl to get anything better than I did.

OMFG
>_> <_< >_> <_<
[SPOILER-BOX]Waits for Bob to quote me an lol...[/SPOILER-BOX]

OMFG I have to collect over 600 frags to buy back all my techs before I can start leveling them...

LP_Phoenix
May 20, 2010, 09:53 AM
600 frags....no problem...play innocent girl, get the silver wep bagdes, trade them for gold, and gold for pa frags....thats how i got my first 2 stacks of frags in no time, cause i was powerleveling in IG like hell....and btw, did anybody noticed they lowered the exp from IG a lil bit

darekatano
May 20, 2010, 11:54 AM
The event was ok, there was a nice variety of areas in the missions. I didn't find the exp/mp payouts that great so I stopped playing after I tried them all a few times.

600 frags....no problem...play innocent girl, get the silver wep bagdes, trade them for gold, and gold for pa frags....thats how i got my first 2 stacks of frags in no time, cause i was powerleveling in IG like hell....and btw, did anybody noticed they lowered the exp from IG a lil bit

iirc I used to get ~77k exp per 8min run in IG A on the old us/eu servers. What are you getting now?

SuKKrl
May 20, 2010, 01:12 PM
I think GC items shouldnt be tradable. However, all these new untradable items I'm not liking. Like Biomaterials, etc. I dunno why PSU is becoming more and more account-bound. Its promoting more solo play than anything else.

I was sleepy when posting yesterday, and my post was horribly written because of that, but I was trying to say that. I just hope that they change the focus on untradable items within time.

milranduil
May 20, 2010, 02:23 PM

They nerfed IG on JP like 8 months ago lol.

Katy
May 20, 2010, 04:41 PM

That's just dumb, I would never trade my badges for frags. Frags are way too easy to get to be wasting other currencies that can buy other exclusive items. I was able to buy Giresta, Nosdiga and some melee ult PA's from just a few story missions, room title awards and rare missions.

milranduil
May 20, 2010, 05:17 PM
Not really >_> What else are you going to get with badges?

unicorn
May 20, 2010, 05:24 PM
^ That.

Pushan is outclassed now, and if you really want it you can just buy it for cheap.

Ogajinjin is better if you cant get Okikudohg, and grinds better, cheaper, more PP, and looks funny.

Unless you like butterflies of course. =D

str898mustang
May 20, 2010, 06:16 PM
^ That.

Pushan is outclassed now, and if you really want it you can just buy it for cheap.

Ogajinjin is better if you cant get Okikudohg, and grinds better, cheaper, more PP, and looks funny.

Well if u have a 10/10 Pushan and a 9/9 Okikudouhg, which u gonnna choose? 10/10 of course

unicorn
May 20, 2010, 06:37 PM
Well if u have a 10/10 Pushan and a 9/9 Okikudouhg, which u gonnna choose? 10/10 of course

Or Ogajinjin 10/10 or Rappy Madoog 10/10 or Kakwane Madoog 10/10

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 20, 2010, 06:49 PM
I would just choose Pushan every time no matter what because the thing is damn sexy.

Katy
May 20, 2010, 06:58 PM
I want my cake and I want to eat it too.

King's chair + chavalier edges means I'm gonna be spending a lot on the lotto with any and every badge I can squeeze out of that mission.

BT frags don't drop any more so I can't collect any Okikudouhg's. It'll be a looooong time before I get my first 10/10 weapon I just sold all S+10's and bought me some armors so I don't die every 5 seconds trying to tech level with our current boost.

Anyone know if that new madoog is worth getting from Legacy of Light?

str898mustang
May 20, 2010, 06:59 PM
I want my cake and I want to eat it too.

King's chair + chavalier edges means I'm gonna be spending a lot on the lotto with any and every badge I can squeeze out of that mission.

BT frags don't drop any more so I can't collect any Okikudouhg's. It'll be a looooong time before I get my first 10/10 weapon I just sold all S+10's and bought me some armors so I don't die every 5 seconds trying to tech level with our current boost.

Bobby said the BT frags drop in the new /R mission.

unicorn
May 20, 2010, 07:08 PM

I dont think anyone has gotten it, since LoL is currently broken with its drops.... and not in the good way. =(

Katy
May 20, 2010, 07:14 PM
since LoL is currently broken with its drops.... and not in the good way. =(

Looking at the abbreviation of that mission, it's fairly obvious what Sega is doing all the way to the bank with everyone's money... :-?

Crysteon
May 20, 2010, 07:16 PM
Bobby said the BT frags drop in the new /R mission.

Which is true...but it's quite an ordeal to finish that mission if you solo it

indescribably
May 20, 2010, 09:57 PM
The easiest part of that mission (for me) was spamming Regrant on Magashi at the very end. The grinnas could gtfo for all I care.

As for the event, it was ... eventful. A lot of things dropped, and I'm just glad I got to play it. Towards the end I was on EXP FULL with AP count of 20 and no more customs to buy, so it kinda got annoying. Much thanks to everyone that came to party, couldn't have done it without your help. =P

Shou
May 20, 2010, 10:54 PM
There is a 10/10 one posted on the JP Uploader.

Rukmin has just under 1900 PP and 799TP at 10/10 I don't know what its stats are at 0/10 and don't know its variance.

It could be even with Oh-keek-oh-doog or slightly better or slightly worse. Can't tell right now lol.

milranduil
May 20, 2010, 11:17 PM
^ That.

lol no. Pushan is better than Ogajinjin. It has pretty dismal variance, pushan is far better.

The easiest part of that mission (for me) was spamming Regrant on Magashi at the very end. The grinnas could gtfo for all I care.

No kidding, the lol2 Magashis were a f*cking joke compared to the Grinna S >_> Fucking like 50k HP...

unicorn
May 20, 2010, 11:50 PM
lol no. Pushan is better than Ogajinjin. It has pretty dismal variance, pushan is far better.

But theres options, which is what I tried to say. =B

Basically, why bother collecting 99 Gold Badges for an outclassed weapon?

milranduil
May 21, 2010, 12:06 AM
But theres options, which is what I tried to say. =B

Basically, why bother collecting 99 Gold Badges for an outclassed weapon?

Only Okikudoug outclasses Pushan. Rappydoug has somewhat normal variance making it equal to Pushan.

unicorn
May 21, 2010, 12:17 AM
Only Okikudoug outclasses Pushan. Rappydoug has somewhat normal variance making it equal to Pushan.

Well thats nice to know. Where can I find info on the wep variances?

Still, I said there were options. I know **I'm** not going to aim for collecting Gold Badges if I can eventually get something better.

milranduil
May 21, 2010, 12:41 AM
Well thats nice to know. Where can I find info on the wep variances?

Still, I said there were options. I know **I'm** not going to aim for collecting Gold Badges if I can eventually get something better.

I only figured it out testing myself. I bought a 10/10 Ogajinjin a while back and noticed Pushan pwned the hell out of it.