PDA

View Full Version : Whats faster to Lvl?

xBULLYDOGG
May 17, 2010, 05:21 PM
A female newman upto masterforce 180-20 with all spells apart from giresta, buffs and debuffs to 50
- or -
A male CAST upto gunmaster 180-20 with all store bought bullets to 50

Discuss as one of these mofos will be my 3rd character :)

Max B
May 17, 2010, 05:24 PM
Cast Gunny hands down. If anyone says diffrently we ya they must be crazy.

Volcompat321
May 17, 2010, 05:24 PM
Characters level the same, no matter race or class.

PA's though, it's harder to level technics than it is bullets.
So it'll be faster to level the Cast GM.

xBULLYDOGG
May 17, 2010, 05:27 PM
I stated characters because I would of thought that SUVing spawns = staring at them would of had a significant tip to the answers I would get. I'll be looking over everyones answers before I make a 1 day decision. I've never been able to keep a techer going, and I deleted a 160 CAST GM because of the same reasons.

Max B
May 17, 2010, 05:27 PM
Characters level the same, no matter race or class.

Id say differently you often get alot more kill shots and you tend to hit all the enemies with a gunny over a techer. But.. that is just my opinion.

Volcompat321
May 17, 2010, 05:30 PM
Well, if you're leveling up PA's, no matter what class, you don't want to SUV cause it'll waste precious PA EXP.

If you think in the long run, then yes it'll be wiser to make the GM.

Though, you have to realize they are both completely different classes, and they both bring amazing, and shitty things to the table.
I prefer techs, because you get to show off your hard work with visual effects.

Gunning you get to show off with amazing numbers.

Up to you in the end.

Id say differently you often get alot more kill shots and you tend to hit all the enemies with a gunny over a techer. But.. that is just my opinion.

Okay, to make you happy-
For every Race/class combo, you need the same exact experience as the next class/race combo to level up.
There is no difference in the experience required to level up any character.

On that note, you must not have been around a good techer.
(Well on PC it can be a lot faster than on 360 or Ps2), but I've seen techers hit faster depending on their computer.

With a good computer, you have absolutely no slowdown, which means they can hit more often than someone with slowdown.
I don't think consoles can be compared to a PC at all.

Max B
May 17, 2010, 05:32 PM
Well, if you're leveling up PA's, no matter what class, you don't want to SUV cause it'll waste precious PA EXP.

If you think in the long run, then yes it'll be wiser to make the GM.

Though, you have to realize they are both completely different classes, and they both bring amazing, and shitty things to the table.

Gunning you get to show off with amazing numbers.

Up to you in the end.

Yep, basically this.

I have recently started to love techer for just this fact.

Volcompat321
May 17, 2010, 05:38 PM
Yea, I originally made a melee character, and QUICKLY got bored with it.
Then I made a gunner, and eventually got bored with it.
Then I made a techer, and fell in love. Eventually got bored, so I went back to gunning.

Never did go back to melee. It's just not for me.

In the end, I switched back and forth between techer and gunning. Depending on who I was running with, or what we were hunting, I switched.
I have about 2000 more hours on my techer though.
They're just so amazing.

Max B
May 17, 2010, 05:41 PM
Yea, I originally made a melee character, and QUICKLY got bored with it.
Then I made a gunner, and eventually got bored with it.
Then I made a techer, and fell in love. Eventually got bored, so I went back to gunning.

Yes, I guess I am the same way.

Never did go back to melee. It's just not for me.
Well, apart from this.

I have about 2000 more hours on my techer though.
They're just so amazing.
Once supp. update comes over to 360 I will agree with you on this 100%.

xBULLYDOGG
May 17, 2010, 05:50 PM
Limit break. Big factor in my choice

unicorn
May 17, 2010, 05:57 PM
I actually never really played much outside techer. Sometimes GT and WT. Melee on me is terrible.

I'd say if you're starting new, lvling a GM to 180 first is probably easier. Jobs and characters lvl the same, but its easier lvling a ranger than a force in higher lvls. Forces, especially Masterforce, tend to be very frail and will be more expensive to lvl up than a gunner (the need of higher % armor).

In the 360 Gunmaster > Masterforce, but in the future Masterforce is better for many maps/bosses.

Sinue_v2
May 17, 2010, 10:32 PM
It would depend on the player wouldn't it? Is your GunMaster concerned at all with spreading applicable status effects even if the element is contrary (it is still useful, in some circumstances) while never using party heal items - and is your MasterForce not completely oblivious to fellow party members?

An asshole who focuses wholly on leveling techs/bullets will advance faster than one who's fumbling with their pallet to help support the team... and while a fully supported party is more efficient and can run missions faster, a healthy party deprives a nuker/gunner of the enemy HP/tagging they need to level up their PA/Techs.

To be most accurate, they'd have to be compared with standardized environments wherein they are responsible for all damage/PA experience dealt/gained... but who the hell is going to go to 180-20 with all techs/bullets on solo runs.

Offhand, just by gauging the difference in raising my now-deleted-thanks-Sega Fortetecher vs. my GunTecher... bullets seem to lvl much faster, and GunMaster would be my guess... especially since you're not expected to babysit when the Acrotechers aren't around.

Dragwind
May 18, 2010, 05:38 AM
Raising all the bullets will take much longer.

milranduil
May 18, 2010, 06:08 AM
Techer techer techer techer techer. With supp. update, you will NOT regret it. Also, techs level ridiculously faster than bullets (with the exception of shotguns among GM bullet leveling) if you're doing it right...take it from me I have 2 sets of lvl 50 techs lol (US & JP).

Tetsaru
May 18, 2010, 06:16 AM
Raising all the bullets will take much longer.

This. When I was still playing on the PC/PS2 servers before they got shut down, I had a GM, a FF, an AT, and an AF. I had the most hours logged on my GM (he was my first character, btw), and I still remember getting only a few of my gun PA's maxed at Lv50, most of them shotguns, which are MUCH easier to level than say, rifles and laser cannons.

Unfortunately, I never tried raising a MF (FT was already too frail imo), but I found it a lot easier to level techs than bullets, especially considering that a lot of offensive techs are designed to hit multiple enemies anyway, and there are many tricks to power-level support techs. With guns, most of the time you're only aiming at one target at a time, unless you're using something like lasers, grenades, or sometimes shotguns, which often times you have to constantly re-position yourself between shots.

xBULLYDOGG
May 18, 2010, 10:09 AM
Techer techer techer techer techer. With supp. update, you will NOT regret it. Also, techs level ridiculously faster than bullets (with the exception of shotguns among GM bullet leveling) if you're doing it right...take it from me I have 2 sets of lvl 50 techs lol (US & JP).

I was praying for your input
So far I'm leaning toward Masterforce. We'll see in a few days.

xBULLYDOGG
May 18, 2010, 03:05 PM
Ok made a male newman. I dont know wether the thread should be closed or kept open for other people to add aditional input if others are thinking of the same thing character wise.