PDA

View Full Version : Epic An FF13 battle, done in no time!

Tetsaru
May 18, 2010, 09:12 AM
Had to take screenshots of this very rare occurrence (sorry that they're blurry tho, but they aren't altered) because I lol'd so hard after I saw the battle duration time. For anyone who has ever played FF13 thoroughly, I was trying to get out of the Mah'habara area, and got a preemptive strike on 2 Hoplites, and ended up with the following time:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/tetsaru/100_0221.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/tetsaru/100_0225.jpg
Yup. Zero seconds. Damn, I'm [s]lucky good. :razz: But fwiw, my characters WERE maxed in the Crystarium and had some pretty good gear on them.
[/spoiler-box]

Now if I can just get those last two trophies...

*Random poll added for lulz*

Delete
May 18, 2010, 09:59 AM
Don't think I ever finished anything in one hit :o

But Boobies is nice too.

Powder Keg
May 18, 2010, 11:05 AM
:burger: :burger: :train: :train:

Randomness
May 18, 2010, 04:57 PM
Damn, what skill did you use to have zero time-to-hit? Blitz/Ravage, maybe?

Out_Kast
May 18, 2010, 05:18 PM
Hax.
I managed a 2 second battle and was proud. Now I feel like the most used man on Earth.

Randomness
May 18, 2010, 05:34 PM
On a side note, does Snow clear 30k HP with full crystarium?

Out_Kast
May 18, 2010, 05:36 PM
Nope, 30K's his max.

Randomness
May 18, 2010, 05:42 PM
Geez...

I should get around to stomping on the adamantitans and stuff to level and all. I used Death spam and continues to get the Growth Egg already. Oh, and Last Resort is rather epic looking on a single target. I think I once got Fang to do two Smites on an enemy once by locking it in stagger with One Man Army.

Tetsaru
May 18, 2010, 07:47 PM
Damn, what skill did you use to have zero time-to-hit? Blitz/Ravage, maybe?

I got a pre-emptive strike, and apparently either Hope or Lightning used Thundaga right after and killed them instantly. o_o;

On a side note, does Snow clear 30k HP with full crystarium?

He stops at 30K, but if you really wanted to, you could give him 4 maxed-out Wurtzite Bangles to boost it to 42K, though that would take a LOT of funding (trust me, you don't want to farm Platinum Ingots and Dark Matters more than you have to @_@ ), plus you'd probably be better off with other accessories.

Also, I just got my platinum for the game!.... but for some reason, my trophy card didn't record the order of the trophies properly - I should've had the icon for "Superstar" (Lightning's Crystal that looks like a rose) between the platinum and "L'Cie Paragon," but ehh.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 18, 2010, 10:55 PM
Also, I just got my platinum for the game!.... but for some reason, my trophy card didn't record the order of the trophies properly - I should've had the icon for "Superstar" (Lightning's Crystal that looks like a rose) between the platinum and "L'Cie Paragon," but ehh.
PS3 friends, they look at everything?

What is the significance of getting things in order?

(I'm going to defeat Metal Man with regular buster- Thank -you -very -much, in fact most of them get regular buster'd!!)

Out_Kast
May 19, 2010, 04:53 AM
I hated fighting that damn Neochu. And for each and every adamantoise that doesn't drop a trapezohedron, I die a little inside.

[spoiler-box]IT'S A TRAP!

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee152/sanzoglory/GAMES/FinalFantasyXIII-1stTrapezopedron.jpg?t=1274262759

I've always wanted to say that.[/spoiler-box]

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 19, 2010, 05:32 AM
Clearly Final Fantasy is losing its cool.

What's cool would be a

Trapohedrazon.

Tetsaru
May 19, 2010, 06:25 AM
PS3 friends, they look at everything?

What is the significance of getting things in order?

I just wanted to be able to see 4 crystal icons on my trophy card, that's all! It made it look all blinged out, lol. The trophy counts and level are right, but for some reason it didn't list the "Superstar" trophy on there, which has an icon that looks like a rose in crystal form, if you can imagine that. Six of the trophies in FF13 have icons that relate to each character's starting crystal in the Crystarium where you level up your stats and abilities, while Serah's teardrop crystal is the icon for the platinum trophy, although you don't get to play as her.

I hated fighting that damn Neochu. And for each and every adamantoise that doesn't drop a trapezohedron, I die a little inside.

I fucking HATED Neochu... easily one of the hardest fights in the game. If you want to 5-star him, you pretty much HAVE to spam Vanille's Death spell and hope it works early enough. Luckily though, I managed to do it on the second cast on the one you fight outside of Titan's Trials for the Growth Egg. A friend of mine who had already beat him was watching me when I did it, and called total bullshit, lol. The one in Titan's Trials, however, didn't go down until I had him down to about 1/3 of his max health SOLELY from casting Death repeatedly, and by that point he had already spawned a crapload of his Picochu (lol Pikachu) babies to assist in raping my party... >_<

And farming for ingots and traps is probably one of the most tedious parts of the game. I don't see why we couldn't just get gil after a fight like most of the other FF games... But yeah, if you're needing traps and don't want to farm them from Adamantoises, there's a trick in the player's guide you can do, if you have at least one trap and roughly 1.5 million gil to start out with: make and max out a Kain's Lance using a Dragoon Lance, Shamanic Spear, Punisher, Pandoran Spear, or a Gae Bolg, OR make and max out a Nirvana using a Tigerclaw, Healer's Staff, Belladonna Wand, or Mistelteinn (has to be specifically one of those weapons, or you won't get as many), and when it's COMPLETELY maxed out (make sure it has a * next to it), dismantle it, and you should get 3 Trapezohedrons and some other stuff back, for a net gain of 2 for roughly less than the price of one in the store. If you're going for the Treasure Hunter trophy/achievement, you only need 6 traps (one for each character's top-tier weapon, since they all share the same name), but each form of the weapons are different, depending on what you used to make it from. If you REALLY want the last form of EVERY weapon for EVERY character, you'll need like... 48 Trapezohedrons, and that will take you a WHILE. To put things in perspective, I had roughly 160 hours logged on my save file when I finally got my platinum trophy - about 90 of those hours was from doing stuff AFTER finishing the main storyline. @_@

Out_Kast
May 19, 2010, 08:10 AM
I don't see why we couldn't just get gil after a fight like most of the other FF games...

I don't see why we couldn't just get gil

I don't see gil

gil

I miss Gil because of FFXIII :disapprove:

Tetsaru
May 19, 2010, 08:31 AM
LOL, I know... I must've devoted several days of playing FF13 solely to running back and forth through Edenhall farming Platinum Ingots, Perfumes, and Credit/Incentive Chips in order to fund all the items I had to buy to upgrade all the weapons and accessories in the game... @_@

If there were several things I didn't like about the game, it was that, the sluggish camera (I hated the off-center over-the-shoulder views, especially when riding chocobos - it'd keep switching back and forth between sides), and the fact that if your party leader died in battle, regardless of the status of the other two members, you automatically lost... but there's always the Retry feature, which is a godsend. Otherwise, I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Out_Kast
May 19, 2010, 08:59 AM
LOL, I know... I must've devoted several days of playing FF13 solely to running back and forth through Edenhall farming Platinum Ingots, Perfumes, and Credit/Incentive Chips in order to fund all the items I had to buy to upgrade all the weapons and accessories in the game... @_@

Ha ha, post-game, there's pretty much nothing BUT this to do. I mean, the Cie'th Stone missions are all well and good, but I got a bit bored of trudging around to kill off however many bloody monsters there were involved. And that Mission 51 bastard, Attacus, he took me a damn good 40 minutes to take down. I was trying to cook soup at the same time!

AlexCraig
May 19, 2010, 04:39 PM
Wait. You actually PLAY FFXIII!? :eek: I thought you just hold the controller for a comfort thing as you watch the movie play!

Randomness
May 19, 2010, 06:23 PM
Wait. You actually PLAY FFXIII!? :eek: I thought you just hold the controller for a comfort thing as you watch the movie play!

Try that, and get wtfpwned by the first boss. You'll default to charging in at the main body, and the arms will make mincemeat of you.

Zeek123
May 20, 2010, 09:04 PM

It's kind of like that for the first 9 or so chapters of the game. Which is a legitimate complaint, don't get me wrong. The Auto-battle feature definitely takes the strategy out.

But after the game opens up and you can actually arrange your party how you like (another legitimate complaint) "Paradigm Switching" or "Changing classes mid-battle" and queuing up individual moves becomes paramount to the game. Especially if you want to 5 Star your battles to maximize the chances for item drops.

Oh, and @ Tet

FUCK YOU AND YOUR STUPID PLATINUM! BITCH!

Just kidding

Tetsaru
May 20, 2010, 10:39 PM
Oh, and @ Tet

FUCK YOU AND YOUR STUPID PLATINUM! BITCH!

Just kidding

Lawl... :razz:

I really liked the battle system in FF13 - they took the old ATB system and jobs and put a fresh coat of paint on it, imo. The Auto-Battle function is nice, but I've gotten to where I don't always use it and manually input my commands, simply because sometimes it queues up a lot of weird stuff, especially when it alternates between two different moves. =x

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 20, 2010, 10:42 PM
Lawl... :razz:

So that's why you kids get trophy platinums. Probably a new 'haters gonna hate me' joke for Kat Williams.

Not my scene.

Achievements can be fun with the titles and descriptions.
Hip-Hop nods in the Tetris though - unexpected cool, Pimp ones - all cool, 300 jokes in 2010?
C'mon man.

Outrider
May 21, 2010, 10:51 AM
Try that, and get wtfpwned by the first boss. You'll default to charging in at the main body, and the arms will make mincemeat of you.

Sometimes I have a hard time understanding how you have absolutely no sense of humor.

Randomness
May 21, 2010, 11:45 AM
Sometimes I have a hard time understanding how you have absolutely no sense of humor.

I do. But that doesn't mean I use it all the time. Besides, it's the internet. Sarcasm detectors not guaranteed to work.