PDA

View Full Version : Deciding on a class.

Sorlin
May 18, 2010, 06:30 PM
I'm trying to decide between a Human Acrofighter and a Beast Fighmaster as my character. Overall, which is the better character for fast killing? What are the two character's strengths and weaknesses?

Halcyote
May 18, 2010, 06:37 PM
Fighmaster trumps all. Biggest damage output, and it's just a more efficient class overall.

(Male) Human AF is good, but if DPS is your playstyle, then stick with the Beast FM. The only downside to being a Beast FM is that you have a mostly useless Nanoblast.

Sorlin
May 18, 2010, 06:45 PM
I hear human is best as a Protranser. Are they correct?

SolomonGrundy
May 18, 2010, 06:47 PM
Fighmaster trumps all. Biggest damage output, and it's just a more efficient class overall.

(Male) Human AF is good, but if DPS is your playstyle, then stick with the Beast FM. The only downside to being a Beast FM is that you have a mostly useless Nanoblast.

but I would not want to my 1st cahracter starting from level 1 to be a fighmaster. Only S rank Armor? No thanks.

PS: good luck to fighmasters when GAS missions hit. Equipping requirements are too high for S rank Armors

Waa-waaaaaaah

darthplagis
May 18, 2010, 06:51 PM
human protranser is fun, but CAST have an easier time due to the SUV.

humans will have the edge with the hybrid classes when the big update comes though, the extra customisation WILL come in handy.

I personally have a Human acrofighter/figunner (i switch between depending on what i fancy using) and i have a human forte fighter. i have also had a human protranser for a LOOOONG time (i had him at 170 and deleted him, i got bored and made the forte fighter) i loved playing a PT and am contemplating sub classing the fortefighter.

SolomonGrundy
May 18, 2010, 06:51 PM
Sorlin: I'd say go with Acrofighter; they have great stats, improved attack speed, and can take advantage of R-mags (which is not a HUGE benefit, but does not suck either).

Fighmasters do do excellent damage, but tend to be costly (S ranks only for weapons and armor), and have a VERY limited selection of weapons available)

EDIT: I also love ProTranser, and have a human male PT. Ex traps rule!

darthplagis
May 18, 2010, 06:59 PM
Sorlin: I'd say go with Acrofighter; they have great stats, improved attack speed, and can take advantage of R-mags (which is not a HUGE benefit, but does not suck either).

Fighmasters do do excellent damage, but tend to be costly (S ranks only for weapons and armor), and have a VERY limited selection of weapons available)

i find range mags to be the MAIN weapon on my acrofighter, i use A ranks both kubara and GRM rather than the S rank, they give more DPS due to firing pattern and the kubara debuffs.

combine the attacks of the mag (based on TP, so humans have the edge over beat and cast. newmans have stronger range mags but weaker physical obviously) with the attack of a slicer or dagger and you are flying :)

i would say go acro if you want to be a fast and very agile fighter (they attack speed and crazy high evasion) but if you want to join the sheep go thighmaster as they do do a HUGE butt load of damage. fighmaster is very limiting and you cant solo many missions and as mentioned earlier the GAS missions will be hard (if you are maxxed on your class you should'nt have an issue with equipping the 10* gear)

Sorlin
May 18, 2010, 08:04 PM
I guess I'll stick with my Male human then for soloing purposes and have a Male or Female Beast character on the side. My little brother has a Male CAST character.

My other question is this: I'm browsing PSUpedia and it states the requirements for is this: Fortefighter level 10, Fighgunner level 10. Does that mean I have to have both to be a fighmaster or just one or the other?

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 18, 2010, 08:22 PM
Both.

Sorlin
May 18, 2010, 11:41 PM
Both.

Delightful...

Shou
May 19, 2010, 12:15 AM
As of right now, in JP, Acrofighter is the best overall mele class. Yes, even better than Fighmaster for most missions. This, of course, is with maxed out GAS and equips. Right now CAST is the ideal race for Acrofighter, with Human shortly behind. If/when mirage blasts come out I can really see Humans becoming the most ideal race for the Acro typs.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 19, 2010, 12:35 AM
Delightful...Keep in mind that, unless you have really good equipment, you're better off playing Fortefighter anyway.