PDA

View Full Version : money making strategy - good/bad?

SolomonGrundy
May 24, 2010, 12:53 PM
I have 3 ideas for making some $$$ and I wanted to run them by the folks here to see if they hold water

1. buy all the 9*, and 8* ranged and tech weapon boards - these sell on the x360 servers for 20K and under, and just synth and sell (to NPC) the weapons that result.

9*s sell for 50K, and you can crank out 3-5 at a time

2. Sell stacks of junaline. Since everyone ahs too much, just NPC them.

3. Sell grinder base S - this one I am less sure of. Grinder base S used to sell for 250K per, but now looks like it is under 200K. A stack of these is 20 million!

str898mustang
May 24, 2010, 01:39 PM
Base S's sell for 200k? wow thats high

Something I dont understand.....u announce ur money making ideas to other players....wouldn't they just steal ur idea and make money which results into a undercut war?

xBULLYDOGG
May 24, 2010, 02:08 PM
2 Cant be easily implemented and the base s's go for less tha 70k on 360 servers. The first two would take people who like waiting.

RemiusTA
May 24, 2010, 02:24 PM
I have 3 ideas for making some $$$ and I wanted to run them by the folks here to see if they hold water

1. buy all the 9*, and 8* ranged and tech weapon boards - these sell on the x360 servers for 20K and under, and just synth and sell (to NPC) the weapons that result.

9*s sell for 50K, and you can crank out 3-5 at a time

2. Sell stacks of junaline. Since everyone ahs too much, just NPC them.

3. Sell grinder base S - this one I am less sure of. Grinder base S used to sell for 250K per, but now looks like it is under 200K. A stack of these is 20 million!

No money making plan is a good one if everyone knows about it, so even if your plan was a good one, the answer (at this point obviously) is no.

If it was a "golden plan" then you just told everybody the "golden" process. Banks explode, inflation occurs. Whatever money you gained then fails to help you on the market....well, because all the prices just went up.

The first one is a good idea though. I do wonder if it works as well as it sounds. If the materials you used to make it (whether you found them or not) are all less expensive than the profit you get from buying the board and using the items, then yeah i guess its a good idea...but only if the profit is a useful one. Putting in 20K and getting out 30K is a waste of time. Better off stealing the little yellow diamonds from your teammates.

SolomonGrundy
May 24, 2010, 03:51 PM
Well, selling things to the NPC do not rely on a player "market" per se.

Those of you who know strategy know, that with any market there are a number of ways to make money - and as long as yor way is somewhat of a pain in the butt, otheres will not try and replicate it - too much effort.

That was my thought with item #1 - no one wants to guy shopping for 9* boards, hunt the materials, and risk the synths for "so little" profit - I agree: if the costs of mats, boards, etc get high, then it is not worth the risk.

I'm kinda bummed that grinder base S has fallen so much though. I thought that would remain high (since they fixed the grinder glitch, supposedly)

Zoamel_Gustav
May 24, 2010, 04:22 PM
I encourage the free exchange of ideas. Stagnation hurts economy. Competition drives economy. Here are some ideas:

Buy El-photon, Meganite, Par Wood, and Acenaline.
Buy 36 [B] Duke from Holtes City, Parum.
Synth them in a nonranged PM. Choose El-photons.
Run missions till they synth.
Sell the Mimic Dolls.

Synth many stacks of A rank grinders. Sell or save A+10s.
Donate the unwanted stacks, half a stack at a time, to the offering box. Donate junaline nine at a time.
Sell the many Mikumiko Sets, many CAS-miko Sets, and Mirei Photo Stands.

Farm Spicia from the special boxes at Photon Harvest 1 C, story mission Ep3 Ch6.
The special boxes spawn when 62 Kv of mushrooms is harvested.
This means most of block 1 can be skipped by going right at the beginning.

Farm Copernia, Inverter Circuit, and Love Letters from Fulyen Curtz at Illuminus Ambition 1 C, story mission Ep2 Ch10.
Start, defeat, pick up, abandon, repeat. Two copernia becomes one Grinder Base S.

Farm Primitive Moat. Idol at Desert's End 1 C, story mission Ep2 Ch2.
The 3 boxes behind the second locked gate uncommonly drops Primitive Moat. Idol. The 2nd key is near the first Jarba spawn.

Farm Lumirus/Kaos Knight from behind Lou's Hat and clear boxes at The Egg Thieves S2.
Farm Har / Smart from clear boxes at Her Secret Mission S2 (avoid bomb).

SolomonGrundy
May 24, 2010, 05:26 PM
I encourage the free exchange of ideas. Stagnation hurts economy. Competition drives economy. Here are some ideas:

Buy El-photon, Meganite, Par Wood, and Acenaline.
Buy 36 [B] Duke from Holtes City, Parum.
Synth them in a nonranged PM. Choose El-photons.
Run missions till they synth.
Sell the Mimic Dolls.

this is interesting!

Synth many stacks of A rank grinders. Sell or save A+10s.
Donate the unwanted stacks, half a stack at a time, to the offering box. Donate junaline nine at a time.
Sell the many Mikumiko Sets, many CAS-miko Sets, and Mirei Photo Stands.

how much do these sets sell for?

Farm Lumirus/Kaos Knight from behind Lou's Hat and clear boxes at The Egg Thieves S2.

can this be done solo?

Shou
May 24, 2010, 05:36 PM
Keep in mind when your are spending hours mass synthesizing 9*s and buying materials for those weapons you could be looking for an item that is worth lots of money. Some things are just not worth your time.

SolomonGrundy
May 24, 2010, 05:49 PM
a few other ideas

1. cladorian (the 10* single hand striking material) seems far more common than catillium - gather lots of cladorian and buy up all the cheap S ranks boards for 1 handed weapons (Some of these are 20K or less).

Synth them with any element you think will will be popular in an upcoming mission (for instance, the GAS missions will feature a dragon run, so synthing ground weapons is a good bet).

Sell the highest percentage

2. The GAS missions will create a demand for 10/10 weapons. Every job - except the master classes have weapons that can only be used in an A rank. create, and grind a bunch of 10/10 A rank weapons now, then sell them for a profit once GAS hits.

3. SPAM a mission no one does for drops (I used to do this with Sakura Blast, and will defintely be doing this with Citadel of Sand. stuff that drops in this mission is valuable becasue fewer people do the mission.

Keep in mind when your are spending hours mass synthesizing 9*s and buying materials for those weapons you could be looking for an item that is worth lots of money. Some things are just not worth your time.

the problem is that these great drops tend to be pretty rare, and there are plenty of things that you find, and have to try and get some value out of while you are hunting the desired object.

Shou
May 24, 2010, 05:54 PM
Bottom line, one of the best ways to make money is to get items as soon as they come out. Items tend to be worth a lot more durring the first few days they are out and people are not sure of what their value is. But I guess thats hard to do when hardly any new contet is being released regularly. :(

SolomonGrundy
May 25, 2010, 03:01 PM
Bottom line, one of the best ways to make money is to get items as soon as they come out. Items tend to be worth a lot more durring the first few days they are out and people are not sure of what their value is. But I guess thats hard to do when hardly any new contet is being released regularly. :(

well that is true enough - or worse Shou, something is later released that undermines that value of the thing you have.

*sigh*

then agagain, I hear 10/10 A ranks are going to be gaining in popularity

Shinato
May 25, 2010, 03:43 PM
Anything 10/10 will gain pupularity. Might even see some people using C ranks, i dunno if what the boost is, but you can get higher attack from using C ranks from advance points, then you can do the 10-20% attack/tech boost.

I dunno if it's really worth it, but it'd be funny.

Zoamel_Gustav
May 25, 2010, 04:57 PM
how much do these sets sell for?
The rare White/Blue Mikumiko Set sells for a lot. This color can be searched by searching "Mikumiko" and raising the minimum price till found. The others sell as Armor PM food.

Farm Lumirus/Kaos Knight from behind Lou's Hat and clear boxes at The Egg Thieves S2.can this be done solo?
The Egg Thieves S2 can not be soloed. It is a party mission.