PDA

View Full Version : What class should I be?

:::ReDBaR:::
May 24, 2010, 06:14 PM
Are the guns in PSU good to use or are swords better?
I want to be a cast but I want to use swords.

Volcompat321
May 24, 2010, 06:15 PM
Guns are better. Period.

May 24, 2010, 06:18 PM
Guns are better. Period.

Not taking your word for it but if they are then I'd rather use em.

Shou
May 24, 2010, 06:20 PM
You could be a CAST Fighgunner or Protranser. They can use a few guns and swords. It depends on which guns you want to use. I'm guessing you would like Protranser best. It's a great class that is different from what most people main as.

Volcompat321
May 24, 2010, 06:21 PM
Not taking your word for it but if they are then I'd rather use em.

Why would you ask if you wouldn't take my word?

Any gun is better than a sword, cept a regular pistol. Period.

May 24, 2010, 06:23 PM
Why would you ask if you wouldn't take my word?

Any gun is better than a sword, cept a regular pistol. Period.

Now that you have supplied me more info on it I can agree.

Volcompat321
May 24, 2010, 06:24 PM
More info, eh?

Well, do the numbers.
Swords are slow, guns are somewhat fast (GM is really fast), and hit a lot.

In the right situation, a sword can be better than a gun, but guns are almost always a good idea.

SolomonGrundy
May 24, 2010, 06:26 PM
Swords are pretty great too, especailly when you get higher % swords of the S, or A rank variety. 900 ATP + 40-50% = a serious hurting on enemies.

I quite like the PAs, especially for Fightmaster (where they are 20% faster) - you can knock a tengoh into next week with the single target sword PA.

Volcompat321
May 24, 2010, 06:34 PM
With the Just Attacks, swords can be neat, but the speed just isn't good enough for my liking.
They're slow and clunky, and a lot can happen in the time it takes to get a full combo of Gravity Break.

Max B
May 24, 2010, 06:35 PM
All guns on any gunner class> Long Swords:-P lmao why is this even up for dicussion?

May 24, 2010, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the help, I chose a cast.

unicorn
May 25, 2010, 12:01 AM
I think swords are pretty sweet. And they look so epic! D:

I find Tornado Break and Spinning Break to be the best IMO...

In the future, lots of neat swords are released, like Soul Banisher, Bloody Fluge, Spintail Diska, the 4 legendary swords of course, and more.

From the looks of things, it sounds like you want to be a Protranser. On Protranser, swords don't have much use outside of crowd control (Tornado Break). Hrith was a strong believer that Tornado Break > Dus Robado, and I think he knows what hes talking about sometimes. Idk, its an option though.

Besides that, Protranser should either be using axes or grenade launchers on bosses (I'd say more towards Grenades), Shotguns for practically everything, Lasers for linear, Bows for long range, and Knuckles for utility. Spears with Majarra too of course.