PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Shijin + Ohryu

Darki
May 24, 2010, 08:32 PM
Hi people!

I got bored tonight so I was doing some PSUPedia trolling and I found that info about Shijin armor and the Ohryu unit combo...

I noticed that the Ohryu gives 100 TP, plus, Shijin gives 50 TP and the combo gibs 100 MOAR TP (I know it gives more stuff).

So, is it true that the set gives a total of 250 extra TP? I was a little freaking out because I was planning already to get the TP increase for my poor lil beast WT to boost up her attack power, but now seeing it, I found that I'll get a total of bassically 400 TP.

Wow, that's just like a little less than what a male newman WT has with a Har/quick. I'm impressed, but as I guess people did some checks on this, is it correct that the combo works that way, or is just a "description miss" or whatever? I don't wanna put my hopes in something that sin't working, I already bought two yohmei swords. D:

SolomonGrundy
May 24, 2010, 09:05 PM
yeah, all you ahve to do is get that armor with high %s in every single element.

easy

Shou
May 24, 2010, 09:22 PM
Yup
Ohryu(100)+Shijin(30or50)+combo(100-150)=220-300 TP boost!

You need 4000AMP(or 4 dragon scales) + the unsealed swords(about 30-35mil for all of them) to get one Shijin armor that could come out nutral or 50% of any element or anything in between. Pretty exciting stuff. :D Now a set of these babies is worth spending GC on! (if you main MF) :P

milranduil
May 25, 2010, 01:24 AM
It's the following to clarify:

Ohyru 100
Shijin 30
Combo 150

So 280 TP total

Darki
May 25, 2010, 01:59 AM
I'm not worried at all at the cost, two of the sealed blades are less than 1m and the other two, well, spamming WB wasn't a real problem lol. Getting 4k AMP (you forgot the other 1000 for the Ohryu) isn't that bad if you do it while getting the swords. I guess it's just patience what you need.

yeah, all you ahve to do is get that armor with high %s in every single element.

easy

Well, I'd get a neutral one for starters. Getting a full set would be a loooong term issue, but I guess as long as I get 6 of them somehow I can just go get them GC'ed to at least 40% to the element I want. Is not like I'd spend too much money over time (bet I won't get all those in at least a year or more). I guess those items are worth the money lol.

milranduil
May 25, 2010, 04:24 AM
Omg neutral Shijin...........*cries in a corner*

Shou
May 25, 2010, 05:05 AM
Omg neutral Shijin...........*cries in a corner*
Lol Imagine this situation:
Your first Shijin comes out nutral. You are pissed and make it dark and then make it 40% dark. You make your 2nd Shijin and it comes out dark. lol

Darki
May 25, 2010, 07:49 AM
I don't really care about the element at first. If I get one and it has element under 40% it will go neutral without any regret. If I manage to make 5 more, I'll just store themtill I have 6 and then I'll swap/add elements as to fit my needs and everything will be ok.

I prefer to have a neutral one if I'm not getting the set, honestly, specially when I gotta get bassically 24 dragon scales. That's 24000 AMP, and spend more than 120M meseta for the sealed swords in case I don't hunt them (that I will but I don't like to spend my life at WB so probably the two low rank ones will be all bought).

How is the drop for those swords, anyways? Do they come out fairly often or you gotta spend your adult life hunting for one?

milranduil
May 25, 2010, 09:34 AM
Lol Imagine this situation:
Your first Shijin comes out nutral. You are pissed and make it dark and then make it 40% dark. You make your 2nd Shijin and it comes out dark. lol

GC it to lightning!

A friend and I have both managed to find Aoryu relatively easily. The drop rate isn't too bad I would imagine.

Darki
May 25, 2010, 07:45 PM
Anyways, what about the nulifying damage bonus for the Shijin, is it working? Sounds nice but I dunno how does it work...

Still, I'm amazed at the awesome raw power this set provides. Getting it plus an LKK, you'd get a total of 280 TP and 510 ATP... (I'd pay gold if the numbers were inverted, though, what my beast needs is TP lol). My only concern would be the downgrade in ATA, as being a female Beast WT would make me the worst ATA in the game, and getting a bite of 100 makes it even worse.

But I guess getting a Vijerina / Power would make it a little more rounded, I gotta check if that -100 ATA looks ingame as bad as it loos on paper... (but wow, I just wanna see how would it be if Vijerina / Cronos was out lol)

Shou
May 25, 2010, 11:41 PM
Yuk I would rather have a 20% rainbow set of serafisenba then a nutral shijin...

milranduil
May 26, 2010, 01:24 AM
Because there is so much speculation on Shijin boosts and seeing as PSUPedia is wrong, here was Ceresa's test results directly (and I've checked the math and he's correct):

Shijin alone gives 50 ATP and TP.
Ohryu alone gives 100 TP
The combo separately adds the following:

150 ATP
150 TP
75 DFP (separate from the armor's own DFP)
150? ATA (this was the most difficult test to conduct as in order to confirm an ATA boost, you'd have to shoot for 100s of hours, but there is a boost that is roughly this amount to ATA)

Yielding that the combo in total gives:
200 ATP
300 TP
175 ATA (likely same base 25 ATA from Shijin just like Armas)

Darki
May 26, 2010, 04:40 AM
Thanks for the info! Wow, that ATA bonus made my day lol. I guess this combo can't get even better...

... But, what about the damage nulifying thingy? Is that a typo then?

Yuk I would rather have a 20% rainbow set of serafisenba then a nutral shijin...

Of course, because having a 20% element on the armor is better than having 185 DFP more than the Serafi plus a set bonus that increases 3 stats a shitload. Throw there an Orpad/Guard too.

I'll be happy with my neutral Shijin, you can buy all the Serafi-senbas you want lol.

milranduil
May 26, 2010, 05:16 AM
It could be accurate, I'll ask Odessa about it. I just don't have one test myself yet. Ceresa only did stat tests, not whether or not it nullifies damage sometimes.

Darki
May 26, 2010, 06:09 AM
Even without that, it's an impressive combo. I guess it's not that hard to try, just go to any though monster and let it attack you, it there are zeroes sometimes then it means it works lol.

VectormanX
May 26, 2010, 07:53 AM
It's pretty accurate. I've had one for months now.
The boosts are there for sure not just for TP, but ATP, ATA.EVP As for damage nullification, it's simply the same as your regular blocking animation, so there's really no way to tell.

I've never blocked a tech before with or without it, barring mother brain's "techs" which can be blocked without it

Shou
May 26, 2010, 08:16 AM
Guess its kinda like a built-in Multiple Parry GAS ability.

VectormanX
May 26, 2010, 08:44 AM
Sort of. instead of taking 1 damage, you simply block.

Darki
May 26, 2010, 09:15 AM
Well that's not as good as nullifying the damage like from DFP, not to good combo-wise, but anyways not taking damage it's always a good thing.

I already got the four swords so now onto getting the scales and ohryu! I guess I'll go into it when I'm done levelling techs from next wednesday.