PDA

View Full Version : Sorbet is really good.

Tessu
May 25, 2010, 06:49 PM
Today, I was in the Fred Meyer, chilling with my friends (because everyone knows that Fred Meyer (http://www.masonrypromotion.com/images/projects/fred-meyer.jpg) is the place to be). On a whim, I decided to buy some ice cream with the measly $5 I had stowed away in my backpack. To my excitement, they were having a "5 for $5" deal on the wee mini kinds of ice cream containers that only have one serving.

So I bought one ice cream flavor for each person in my family, and one extra for emergencies. I picked mango. But when I was picked up and pried open my delicious mango ice cream, it was not ice cream at all! It was sorbet! I was so disappointed that I crushed the Honda next to us with my mind.

Still, I wanted something sweet. I took a few bites out of the sorbet, and it was positively delicious. Sorry to the person who owned that Honda.

What I'm getting at here is, when was the first time you ate sorbet?

Palle
May 25, 2010, 07:11 PM
Oh gods, Utah; it haunts me still.

Weeaboolits
May 25, 2010, 08:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssgsFiSjFxw

astuarlen
May 26, 2010, 02:20 AM
Sorbet is, to put it delicately, the shit. Mango sorbet is doubly the shit. I'm also rather a fan of sorbet's cousin, Italian ice.

I do not recall the first time I had sorbet, but it was a glorious day, as non-dairy frozen desserts of an exceptional caliber are in short supply.
N.B. Anyone who tries to pass off sherbet as sorbet will be slapped.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 26, 2010, 02:51 AM
So what you're trying to do is:

Absorbet all the sorbet, eh?

-

I can say the RedRobin Root Beer float was no good, at recent last Birthday gathering. Flat, not cold sodey, vanillananerscoop wasn't "to die for" but rather, looked like it had "rolled over and died" in the bottom of the mug, and had to wait a while for a spoon.

Green tortilla ranchery wrapped :chicken: wasn't much to spend time on a describe either.

-
So this close and not the plain Jane's pizza chain has the "Gelato's" ; maybe I'll have to head that way and try them.

Tessu
May 26, 2010, 08:14 AM
So this close and not the plain Jane's pizza chain has the "Gelato's" ; maybe I'll have to head that way and try them.

Gelato is a lovely thing. It is on a separate plane of existence from sorbet; the two are magnificent in different ways: Sorbet is extra sweet but with an icy texture, gelato is unusually creamy.