PDA

View Full Version : Fighting bare handed?

Sleeper
May 26, 2010, 03:25 AM
Who actually fights rare handed? The PA is quite good but I fail to see the point, what with the accuracy. Is there any purpose in fighting bare handed?
I do like the PA though. I killed an Arkizan with it by mistake.

FOmarRashidi
May 26, 2010, 03:58 AM
I find it funny to go back to normal valley barehanded and take down Reyburn in under a minute and wonder "how did I die so much to him when I first got this game?"

Sleeper
May 26, 2010, 04:41 AM
I get that too. I am like, hey Humillias is dat all u got.

Seth Astra
May 26, 2010, 07:21 AM
This is why the game needs some fist type weapons. Barehanded combat is awesom, but horribly impractical.

Chukie sue
May 26, 2010, 10:59 AM
This reminds me when I discovered nunchuks were'nt the best move for monks on FF3 ;o

Broken_L_button
May 26, 2010, 11:43 AM
Well, all you need is the right amount of accuracy and a minimum of power. Using normal/heavy attacks with your bare hands is folly; if you want to survive in SH bare-handed, you'll HAVE to spam kick rush. Equip 4 Divine/hits (for a total of +45 ATA), equip a 50 Pow/50 Hit (then again...I think 100 hit would be better) MAG, eat all your power mats, and you SHOULD (I THINK) be able to hit foes if you spam kick rush.

Though, I don't guarantee a lot of damage; I doubt HUcast's base ATP, with 80 pow mats and no modifiers (like %s, Soul element and lol-broked-Celeb), is enough to break the 100 damage barrier on all mobs -except bosses, but who is manly enough to go punch Rayburn in the face on SH?-. But, once again, this is a novelty build, so just being able to survive and deal enough damage to clear a room on your own is already quite a feat. As for who is currently trying out a bare-handed build, I'd say to ask Mariko (mMarikom). Last I checked, she was trying out a fist HUnewearl.

Seth Astra
May 26, 2010, 12:49 PM
Wouldn't it be better for a pure hit mag or a 99/1 mag and use the units for power? Power units give more than hit units. This change would give you 4-5 more hit and 50 more power.

Broken_L_button
May 26, 2010, 12:56 PM
True. But, in all my time playing this game, I've yet to see a Divine/Power drop. While Divine/Hit & Master/Hit on the other hand...I might as well just give those away, lol.

Chukie sue
May 26, 2010, 01:51 PM
True. But, in all my time playing this game, I've yet to see a Divine/Power drop. While Divine/Hit & Master/Hit on the other hand...I might as well just give those away, lol.

I guess this just goes to show how random drops really are!

I've only found one Divine hit, however, I've found 7 (iirc) divine powers >_>

No clairs though, surprisingly.

Seth Astra
May 26, 2010, 05:45 PM
Well, BLB, that's cause you wanted them. This game is programmed to drop only what you don't need.

Broken_L_button
May 26, 2010, 06:44 PM
Oh, that's not entirely true; I'd feel trolled if I ever got a Divine/power, since I have really no use for such a unit; I either have no space left in my armor slots to stick one, or I can't stick enough for the ATP boost to matter, ergo, 4 of them.

mMarikom
May 26, 2010, 07:21 PM
2 things

1: I'm a she >_>

2: I based my build off of CTC's weaponless HUmarl build but modifying it to take into account a HUnewearl's higher base ATA and lower base ATP using a 40/0/59/1 mag (for flozir, use a soul when the mag is 0/0/59/1 to retain it after the power levels up) and 80 pow mats along with 4 divine powers (all theoretical of course I have yet to have any divine units save for a divine guard). HUcasts and HUnewearls are only apart by 2 ATA (with a HUcast having 2 more). IIRC kick rush provides a 180% ATP bonus and a 160% ATA bonus, so with kick rush you'll have an ATA of around 530 (sufficient to hit on super hard). However, because you're a HUcast youll want to equip a pp recovery lv 5 instead of one of those divine/powers (and because your base ATP is like 90 points higher than mine you'll likely be dealing more damage than me, but in contrast my Rika's Suit and high base EVP will minimize the chance of me getting attacked mid kick rush, making you more damaging but me safer). Either way it has the makings of a fun build. Enjoy if you do decide to go through with it

Broken_L_button
May 26, 2010, 07:36 PM
Oh...I feel like an arse now >.>

Well, thanks for the clarifications!

And sorry about that.

mMarikom
May 26, 2010, 07:40 PM
looool its cool don't worry...

In other news my tower run finally ended...prematurely...tower froze at level 64 ;_; I mostly got 6 star rares but I got 3 Foie Hazes, a Crimson Vis, a Nemesis, and a really nice level 3 Luzparias so I at least have a little trade fodder

Broken_L_button
May 26, 2010, 07:43 PM
I still don't understand why the tower freezes on you guys...Maybe it's that insane luck? I mean...3 Foie Hazes is a lot more than what I'll ever get in one run, heh.

FOmarRashidi
May 26, 2010, 11:45 PM
looool its cool don't worry...

In other news my tower run finally ended...prematurely...tower froze at level 64 ;_; I mostly got 6 star rares but I got 3 Foie Hazes, a Crimson Vis, a Nemesis, and a really nice level 3 Luzparias so I at least have a little trade fodder

I gather you save before closing the DS? Smart move if you did.

Clavat99
May 26, 2010, 11:49 PM
lol, i ran with tahu631 through Shrine super hard bare handed, no mag, no armor. lol all i did was run around for my life putting up heal traps and using star atomizers to keep tahu alive. (Hi Rashidi :) )

legacytyphoon
May 27, 2010, 08:39 AM
I was kinda hoping each race/sex would have a different PA (no such luck)...currently I'm trying to make a fist HUnewearl build...I may have to start a new MAG if I really want to do this. I was trying to see which class/race/sex had the coolest looking combo before I really get into it. So far I'm liking the HUnewearl's, I was thinking of checking out the HUmarl's, anyone know what each one does?

So far I got:
RAcast: punch, punch, flying kick
HUnewearl: punch, high kick, kick
FOmarl: slap, backhand, slap

Broken_L_button
May 27, 2010, 09:55 AM
HUney, FOney, RAcassy, HUcassy, RAmarl and HUmarl have the same bare-handed comboes, IIRC. All the other males have the same combo I think. FOmarl, as always, is the exception to the list; being a true lady, she slaps mobs to death.

All this being said, I know the females hit twice with the 1st punch and then once with the each subsequent kick. I don't remember the male's combo very much (blame that on me not liking those chars), so I can't give good info on the exact nature of their comboes.

mMarikom
May 27, 2010, 03:42 PM
Hmm...FOmars/newms might have different combos. Also yes, I did save fortunately

mMarikom
May 27, 2010, 03:47 PM
The general weaponless formula is:

Get an ATA of around 320-330 through base, mag, and shifta (if applicable)
Pour as much ATP into your mag as possible while meeting the above conditions weaponless while still having sufficient ATA and Flozir photon blast
Equip divine/power units along with a pp recovery level 5 if you're not a newman (although this build is extremely difficult in SH for a FOney/FOnewm, like hitting for >40 per kick rush hit difficult, but I honestly haven't done the math for them and they are just assumptions).
Spam kick rush and senrestukyaku your way to victory chun li style (in fact I renamed my HUney chun for that specific reason...)