PDA

View Full Version : Time Attack Website!

DeltaViolet+
May 27, 2010, 03:50 PM
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9207/gggfn.jpg (http://img696.imageshack.us/i/gggfn.jpg/)

Hello I have went ahead and made a Time attack website
Some parts are still under construction (Video Gallery,Hall of Fame,Dual TA Leaderboard & Team TA Leaderboard.

But there are still a number of features that are usable.
Post your pictures/video up as proof on the forums and ill be able to add these pictures/videos to our gallery and video library.

My idea is to get more people involved within TA as there is a lack of players in my opinion, in time the website will be made more friendly to those who are wanting to start to TA with tips,advice and so on.

This site is for everyone who enjoys to Time Attack.
So feel free to sign up and use our facility's :)

Moderator's

Jess/Aida = USA server Mod's

Bobby = JP server Mod

thanks - Cameron

str898mustang
May 27, 2010, 03:57 PM
inb4Bobby

DeltaViolet+
May 27, 2010, 03:58 PM
inb4Bobby

LOL hes already in on it :P hes a moderator :)

xBULLYDOGG
May 27, 2010, 04:00 PM
inb4Bobby

good call.

Yeah you should look out for cloudstrife xx he might help you with getting the times and such.

-EDIT- Just signed up, so far it looks good for its beta stage. Good luck with consturction.

DeltaViolet+
May 27, 2010, 04:02 PM
good call.

Yeah you should look out for cloudstrife xx he might help you with getting the times and such.

Cloudstrife aka jess is also a mod for the USA server side :)

xBULLYDOGG
May 27, 2010, 04:06 PM
Cloudstrife aka jess is also a mod for the USA server side :)

One step a head.

unicorn
May 27, 2010, 04:36 PM
Soo Masterforce, Fortegunner, Fortefighter, Fortetecher, Acrofighter, Wartecher, Guntecher, and Protranser can't TA?

Max B
May 27, 2010, 04:38 PM
Soo Masterforce, Fortegunner, Fortefighter, Fortetecher, Acrofighter, Wartecher, Guntecher, and Protranser can't TA?

Hmm, I am pretty sure any class is open to time attacking.

DeltaViolet+
May 27, 2010, 04:38 PM
Bringing more people into time attacking seems highly unlikely. But good luck regardless but most likely this website will turn out like all the others created specifically to Psu...
Also, forgot to add how will you enforce any of these rules?

Well we have over 35 members in 36hours so I'm rather optimistic about it atm,
by rules do you mean the TA rules on the site?

If you mean fake pictures, I'm rather fluent with photoshop myself, can normally spot an edited photo just by zooming in.
Pictures and Videos will be used as proof, and the maps that have been named as glitch maps, in the future I'm hoping we can get a group of sensible people that will shadow peoples run to see if this person is using the glitch.
For the time being I am doing no such thing, If people want to lie to themselves in order to get a first place then so be it. :)
Feel free to futher ask on about it if theres still things you are unsure of. :)

DeltaViolet+
May 27, 2010, 04:43 PM

I was speaking with midori and you totally have a point. some classes cannot keep up with FM,GM. But I will be making the leaderboards seperate for FM,GM,MF.

Acrofighter will be used in the team TA.

Apart from the four main TA classes above, If someone wants to try there luck with keeping up with those classes then that is totally acceptable. i would be more than happy to put those times up.

But most people dont consider most of them classes for TA :)

To max :

To put it simple. The shotgun glitch can only be done by a GM. wouldn't be fair to other classes.

the gunner has to also be tallTall gunner? now this isn't as fair as the adhana, the reasons being not all gunners are the same size, this would be fair if all gunners can do this, but not all are tall enough.
Id agree with the other one being acceptable because the majority of players can do them both, this one i would say is passing the boundaries just because only the minority of tall gunner players can do this.

DeltaViolet+
May 27, 2010, 04:53 PM
I supose that is good but how many of them are actualy goin to time attack?

Yep it is very easy to spot those kind of edits.

See previous post

See my previous post also lol, I editted my last one so i didnt triple post. :P

DeltaViolet+
May 27, 2010, 05:07 PM
So just because someone made a tall character and the other person did not this is considered unfair?
So why wouldn't Bruce's Dungeon Tornado Dance be taken out? Not all people have that bad of a ping to do this if your gonna take out one take out the other.

So what your saying is if you were to do a 1 on 1 match solo race on seed express. you were a small gunner and the other person was at the same skill level as you. but he was able to kill motherbrain quicker because hes taller.
would you yourself consider that to be fair?

I would benefit from taking tornado dance out of bruces dungeon because mr mackey who i run with cant TD through the gates. I would be willing to take it out but people used this method in the GGC, there time will be put at the top of the leaderboard and most people know the time they got. If anybody wanted to try and knock there time off, it cant really be done without the TD to a certain extent.

A few people have complained about the rules that cloud/jess set up, they will be staying this way for the time being until we can think up a better solution.

Cloudstrife xx
May 27, 2010, 05:52 PM
Cameron once again great site 35 members pretty nice.

Max b stop trying to be a killjoy.
Adahna arguement is plain stupid dont even try to bring that one up

Next shotty glitch on MB i had alot of drama about this in the sega boards shame you were banned eh?
Well i banned the use of it cause it is a glitch we tested a max height female cast using a shotty on her and even a max height character cannot consistantly hit her in the head therefore making the shotgun glitch what it is a glitch.

Bruces/tornado dance gates
Look ive seen people pings of around 50-80 still be able to tornado dance the gates true they find it alot harder to do and they have to be alot further on the button but they still can pull it off where as for people like me that have high pings 100+ (Mines 150-180) we can be barely on the button and make it very easy.

Is that unfair or not? well the fact that on every single mission people like myself with high Pings take longer to load weapons, load blocks, load bosses what should we do ban anyone from posting up times with a ping under 100 would that be fair?

unicorn
May 27, 2010, 06:03 PM
I was speaking with midori and you totally have a point. some classes cannot keep up with FM,GM. But I will be making the leaderboards seperate for FM,GM,MF.

Acrofighter will be used in the team TA.

Apart from the four main TA classes above, If someone wants to try there luck with keeping up with those classes then that is totally acceptable. i would be more than happy to put those times up.

But most people dont consider most of them classes for TA :)

To max :

To put it simple. The shotgun glitch can only be done by a GM. wouldn't be fair to other classes.

the gunner has to also be tallTall gunner? now this isn't as fair as the adhana, the reasons being not all gunners are the same size, this would be fair if all gunners can do this, but not all are tall enough.
Id agree with the other one being acceptable because the majority of players can do them both, this one i would say is passing the boundaries just because only the minority of tall gunner players can do this.

I always thought Acrofighter TAd better than Fighgunner. And ACROTECHER is DEFINETELY not a TA type. Wartecher and Guntecher easily get better times in TA.

And in JP, Acrofighter, Masterforce, and Fortegunner are generally the strongest types.

Only type I can see not keeping up at ALL is Fortetecher. >_>; I understand you guys are on 360, but you also have a JP page too.

Cloudstrife xx
May 27, 2010, 06:06 PM
I always thought Acrofighter TAd better than Fighgunner. And ACROTECHER is DEFINETELY not a TA type. Wartecher and Guntecher easily get better times in TA.

And in JP, Acrofighter, Masterforce, and Fortegunner are generally the strongest types.

Only type I can see not keeping up at ALL is Fortetecher. >_>; I understand you guys are on 360, but you also have a JP page too.
Wel thats why Bobby is a mod for the jp times in time we will iron out as many kinks as we can.

Cloudstrife xx
May 27, 2010, 06:42 PM
Yes you are right Max being pretty is stupid but you were the one that brought this to to table.

Ill continue to post my times and as will other dedicated time attackers so i wont let your petty bs ruin time attacking for me.
Its not like you are any good at time attacking anyway so why do you care and even if you were it seems you have made your mind up

xBULLYDOGG
May 27, 2010, 07:15 PM

Says who, Masterforce, Fortefighter, Acrofighter and protranser can mos def TA toward there own classes I would have thought.

The adhana AI f-up is useable by all to an extent if you can actually get behind him, the Motherbrain GM exploit (im not to sure of this) is where you shoot the arms while they are resting no? or when you get your shotgun to shoot the head all the time. And Bruces' D TD trick i can actually say isn't really fair, alongside the GM Motherbrain trick. Both should be ruled out really, I see it as if one race cant get the quicker option why should the other.

Dhylec
May 27, 2010, 07:31 PM
Again, as a reminder: discussion about TA here is A-OK, but remember to keep links and banners in your sigs.

Hero-Break
May 27, 2010, 08:16 PM
Why not just make a separate page for each type? Yeah, sure hybrid types will always be slower than the top types, but it would be interesting to see how people compete for the fastest times on classes like AT or WT. Further more, you can maybe separate them based on race as well so that it comes down to the pure “skill” of runs and not race and type combinations. As a Newman WT myself, it would be interesting to compete with other WT's in TA runs (Once I max and get some GAS additions of course). Just a suggestion though...

DeltaViolet+
May 27, 2010, 08:22 PM
would just like to sum up that the JP side doesnt have anything to do with me because truth be told i know nothing about it :) bobby is doing the JP side :)
The rules on the site wont apply for the JP players, I'll ask bobby to come up with his own set :)

I think those who are complaining are coming off as abit disrespectful, I have created this site for the community to post there times up and for new players to get involved in TA, i dont want to hear petty remarks about the rules on the forum, although I am more than happy to listen to suggestion's through private mail to cut out the drama.

I will not be allowing the shotgun MB glitch atall its an unfair advantage.
I am not a fan of the Tornado dance on bruces as someone who i run with cant do it, although to look at this is a fair way, the people who cant do it have perks in other areas such as getting into the mission quicker, quicker blocks etc. these things more than make up for one level's gate trick.

I am not going to discriminant against those who don't have as good connection. I will make the system as fair as I can, ofcourse there are going to people that disagree.
but I'm not going to be influenced into making something unfair.

Ill ask those who are wanting to start drama to bite there tongue please I don't want it here.

and Dhylec that is no problem i understand :) . (is it acceptable to put the link in my signature and ask put on the front page "please refer to my sig for link"? ) thanks

EDIT : Hero- break, that is a very fair suggestion, a challenge that ill probs take on in the near future. :) thankyou

milranduil
May 28, 2010, 01:17 AM
I'll start posting up some times to the site soon. I tried to, but they didn't save lol. I'll have to wait til the next time Delta is there to ask him.

DeltaViolet+
May 28, 2010, 09:39 AM
Hey bobby :P once you have wrote the times in you need to click on another page then press save :)

Also dont start putting the times up till monday, Im currently changing things around and i dont want you to type anything up for nothing :)

thanks dudeee

DeltaViolet+
May 29, 2010, 10:22 PM
Jabrogaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Bump