PDA

View Full Version : Fighmasters and GAM

jaddavie
May 28, 2010, 07:44 PM
So I've been trying to find out what weapons I'd be able to use for the initial GAMs, and I've found out that no fighmaster weapons are usable at level 20. Unless I'm completely missing something, will I have to switch to fortefighter to do these missions?

Omega-z
May 28, 2010, 08:15 PM
What I can see you need to switch until you get at least 1 AP then switch back FM and use it on ATP in the GAS then you can start using a few S rank weapons, but keep working on the ATP then you should have a pretty good selection of S rank to choose from, hope it helps:)

Max B
May 28, 2010, 08:26 PM
Well, if you are a Beast you can run around with Ank Bico+ lol Only wep that is usable.

Omega-z
May 28, 2010, 08:29 PM
Oops, I over looked two weapons you can use, 1 is the Ice Sword Mil which is 331 ATP requirement 11*, and Ank Bico+ which is 400 ATP requirement 12* which you can use with out switching....Might not be so useful since you`ll have wait for the sword until the Ice event if your not on the JP sever and other is a toy hammer lol

Max B
May 28, 2010, 08:32 PM
:-P
Oops, I over looked two weapons you can use, 1 is the Ice Sword Mil which is 331 ATP requirement 11*, and Ank Bico+ which is 400 ATP requirement 12* which you can use with out switching....Might not be so useful since you`ll have wait for the sword until the Ice event if your not on the JP sever and other is a toy hammer lol

Don't knock the toy hammer! Lol

Omega-z
May 28, 2010, 08:35 PM
sorry didn`t want to make it sound that way it`s a fun wep to use tho:)

xBULLYDOGG
May 29, 2010, 11:09 AM
Why I don't want to use either of those. Stoopid GAM weapon limitations.

jaddavie
May 29, 2010, 04:57 PM
Kinda lame. Seems like fighmaster is the only class that can't really be used right off the bat in these missions.

And the whole ATP+ part of GAS didn't come out in japan until about a 5 weeks after the supdate landed, so it will be a little while before I can use fighmaster in GAM. Oh well.

iridium117
Jun 1, 2010, 01:48 PM
okay, i've been seeing fighmaster and all those other classes and I have no idea what ppl mean. Is that in PSU?

xBULLYDOGG
Jun 1, 2010, 01:54 PM
okay, i've been seeing fighmaster and all those other classes and I have no idea what ppl mean. Is that in PSU?

Uh yeah lol what game are you playing :s

SolomonGrundy
Jun 1, 2010, 02:13 PM
Kinda lame. Seems like fighmaster is the only class that can't really be used right off the bat in these missions.

And the whole ATP+ part of GAS didn't come out in japan until about a 5 weeks after the supdate landed, so it will be a little while before I can use fighmaster in GAM. Oh well.

acually ALL 3 master classes suffer for thse missions - how many S rank armors can be equipped at level 20? None.

my advice is to play fortefighter, the whole way through, or just level cap and earn AEXP that way.

milranduil
Jun 1, 2010, 03:12 PM
acually ALL 3 master classes suffer for thse missions - how many S rank armors can be equipped at level 20? None.

my advice is to play fortefighter, the whole way through, or just level cap and earn AEXP that way.

Shows what you know.........

Base ability GAS allows ALL classes to equip armor.

I'm Fortegunner in this picture equipping Serafi-senba
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x72/Milranduil/psu20100601_131010_002.jpg

jaddavie
Jun 1, 2010, 04:08 PM
many S rank armors can be equipped at level 20? None.

I can use the serafi-senba as a fighmaster at level 20, but I did completely forget about the S-rank only armor thing for master classes. I guess masterforce and gunmaster might not meet the requirement for the serafi.

SolomonGrundy
Jun 1, 2010, 09:35 PM
Shows what you know.........

Base ability GAS allows ALL classes to equip armor.

I'm Fortegunner in this picture equipping Serafi-senba
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x72/Milranduil/psu20100601_131010_002.jpg

what is "base ability GAS?"

do you have to buy it?

unicorn
Jun 2, 2010, 12:27 AM
I would still suggest starting off as another type for your first time doing GAM.

After a while, you can use base abilities on your master classes, but you can't do that right off the get go. And I'd probably focus more on ATP for Fighmaster/Gunmaster and TP for Masterforce before DFP. Thats just my opinion though.

Acrofighter, Fighgunner, and Fortefighter are all good options for starting GAM. Fortegunner is a good alternative to GM (GT might have too low of DFP). Acrotecher is a good alternative to Masterforce too (and much better defense).

But go as you want. I've seen Masterforces run without armor and do fine. Fighmaster is tricky because CAST FMs can't use ANY weapons without any base abilities (cept Ice Sword Mil, but are you really going to make that? ).

milranduil
Jun 2, 2010, 01:06 AM
what is "base ability GAS?"

do you have to buy it?

Do you people even know Psupedia exists?

http://www.psupedia.info/GAS#Base_abilities

Max B
Jun 2, 2010, 01:10 AM
Do you people even know Psupedia exists?

http://www.psupedia.info/GAS#Base_abilities

What is this "Psupedia" you speak of? I aint ever heards of thats ever...

SolomonGrundy
Jun 2, 2010, 03:45 PM
Considering I quoted it earlier, I think I know it exists.

Base DFP for a level 20 male cast fortegunner 20, based on Amnesani is only 63, gunmaster is even lower (56)
http://psu.amesani.org/db/character/statsim.php?act=calc&type=1&server=1&gender=1&race=4&charLv=20&charLv2=20&job=5&jobLv=20

Base Ability GAS **ONLY** shows ways to increase stats. NOT a way to purchase S-rank use.

So if your point was, as a male CAST, you could buy base ability DFP at least once, maybe twice, as a way to wear S rank armor, then I say that is a poor poor argument. Consider that this will mean (if you go with gunmaster, rather than fortegunner) you wont have any armor for 500,000 AEXP (or more).

Maybe before you leverage your aparently deep knowlege of game mechanics, you should take the time for a more thoughtfully reply, as you did in the Diga/limit break thread.

Cloudstrife xx
Jun 2, 2010, 04:15 PM
Considering I quoted it earlier, I think I know it exists.

Base DFP for a level 20 male cast fortegunner 20, based on Amnesani is only 63, gunmaster is even lower (56)
http://psu.amesani.org/db/character/statsim.php?act=calc&type=1&server=1&gender=1&race=4&charLv=20&charLv2=20&job=5&jobLv=20

Base Ability GAS **ONLY** shows ways to increase stats. NOT a way to purchase S-rank use.

So if your point was, as a male CAST, you could buy base ability DFP at least once, maybe twice, as a way to wear S rank armor, then I say that is a poor poor argument. Consider that this will mean (if you go with gunmaster, rather than fortegunner) you wont have any armor for 500,000 AEXP (or more).

Maybe before you leverage your aparently deep knowlege of game mechanics, you should take the time for a more thoughtfully reply, as you did in the Diga/limit break thread.

Bobby knows alot more than you do about this game you have made a fool out of yourself in what about 3 threads in like 3 days pretty clever dude.

SolomonGrundy
Jun 2, 2010, 06:02 PM
I beg to differ.

The Diga "limit break" was poorly explained...When "Bobby" did expain it, I thanked him for it. On the question of S rank armor, though, there has not yet been good explanation - and I do, in fact, read PSUPedia. Do you think that seeking to understand makes one look foolish? Hmm.

Your comment, on the other hand, seems to add nothing to the thread - I'd say if anyone comes off poorly, it would be you.

milranduil
Jun 2, 2010, 08:53 PM
Who said anything about having to "purchase" S-rank use? The only mission that restricts armor usage itself is Bladed Legacy/R and it's a complete waste of time in any respect (AMP, AEXP, drops, etc.). Once you have enough DFP at lvl 20 to equip an armor, you do it aka get 2 levels of DFP+ on Fortegunner and you're set to wear Serafi-senbas in any Lv 20 GAM. Sure this means you can't wear any before, but going into GAM just straight away isn't a stellar idea in the first place...having customizations going into GAM makes life MUCH, much easier, trust me on that.

I should add that Base Ability GAS adds on top of whatever your base stat is meaning if you have 63 DFP at Lv 20, then with a level of DFP+, you'll have 73 at Lv 20 while maybe you're Lv 180 with 359 base then adding in the DFP+ level you end up with 369 base. This is likely where your confusion arose.

Oh and lol at Bobby being in quotes.

SolomonGrundy
Jun 2, 2010, 11:22 PM
Who said anything about having to "purchase" S-rank use? The only mission that restricts armor usage itself is Bladed Legacy/R and it's a complete waste of time in any respect (AMP, AEXP, drops, etc.). Once you have enough DFP at lvl 20 to equip an armor, you do it aka get 2 levels of DFP+ on Fortegunner and you're set to wear Serafi-senbas in any Lv 20 GAM. Sure this means you can't wear any before, but going into GAM just straight away isn't a stellar idea in the first place...having customizations going into GAM makes life MUCH, much easier, trust me on that.

I should add that Base Ability GAS adds on top of whatever your base stat is meaning if you have 63 DFP at Lv 20, then with a level of DFP+, you'll have 73 at Lv 20 while maybe you're Lv 180 with 359 base then adding in the DFP+ level you end up with 369 base. This is likely where your confusion arose.

Oh and lol at Bobby being in quotes.

So a few things

1. You have to earn 500K AEXP to get 1 AP. As I understand it, that will get you 1 level of base ability (DFP is your suggestion). It costs progrssively more AP to get higher levels. That's a lot of AP, to wear S rank armor.

2. Only folks who have the level cap have a chance to do this, before the missions start. Many players are nowhere near the level cap.

3. Casts are restricted to a total of 4 mods to base DFP (at first, anyway). You are suggesting that two of these mods be used for DFP. Seems like a waste of mods.

All that being said, for those level capped, AP stocking, PSU elitites, this makes a lot of sense.

oh, and I'll be going directly into GAM missions. In fact, I have been synthing high % weapons for each of my characters that they will be able to equip at level 20. And armor. fun stuff.

Ceresa
Jun 3, 2010, 12:10 AM
1. That "lot of AP to wear S rank armor" makes the GAM missions a lot easier, wherein you can earn both a non-trivial amount of AEXP and AMP at the same time, bit more efficient then farming some shitass free mission for AEXP and drops that are going to be whored out in the next event.

2. They can play a forte class in the first set of missions just fine like everyone on JP had to do when it was released. If it's anything like JP release order, we couldn't even raise our base stats for a month, we still cleared it as armor-less MF/GM anyways. Use that time to prep AP for when base ability upgrades are released and masters can take center stage in another aspect of the game.

3. 2 dfp + 2atp is fine, don't worry, you aren't gimped for missing...60 MST.

milranduil
Jun 3, 2010, 01:11 AM
1. 3 AP to equip S-rank armor is NOTHING compared to how much some other things cost. Each limit break costs 10 AP. Masterforce takes nearlly 190 to GAS out completely. Still think THREE is a big deal? Rofl.

2. Many of the post-supplemental update events give ridiculous EXP vs. time, so don't even worry about hitting level cap especially Great Arms Race and Absolute Zero. Also, you just got lvl 180, so if you really cared about getting GAS at all, you would have likely capped already. Don't tell me that takes a shit load of time because you've had it for 2-3 weeks now (180 cap I mean), and half a level day consistently only takes like 1-2 hours at most, probably 45 minutes in a party if you're tagging most things (which you should be, it's not hard to tag...).

3. You only need 2 for Fortegunner or Gunmaster, and when your cap is raised to 8 for a Cast, what else are you going to spend Base Ability points besides the obvious 5 ATP levels?

Yes leveling obviously makes us all PSU "elitites".

Those high % weapons, I hope they are Muktrands or Blumiers, because most of the rest of striking weapons will be useless. fF, FI, FM all suck hard at Sacred Stream/R which is arguably the best AMP vs. time unless you have a solid party at World of Illusion/R which is sort of difficult to find over here.

SolomonGrundy
Jun 3, 2010, 03:19 AM
1. 3 AP to equip S-rank armor is NOTHING compared to how much some other things cost. Each limit break costs 10 AP. Masterforce takes nearlly 190 to GAS out completely. Still think THREE is a big deal? Rofl.

2. Many of the post-supplemental update events give ridiculous EXP vs. time, so don't even worry about hitting level cap especially Great Arms Race and Absolute Zero. Also, you just got lvl 180, so if you really cared about getting GAS at all, you would have likely capped already. Don't tell me that takes a shit load of time because you've had it for 2-3 weeks now (180 cap I mean), and half a level day consistently only takes like 1-2 hours at most, probably 45 minutes in a party if you're tagging most things (which you should be, it's not hard to tag...).

3. You only need 2 for Fortegunner or Gunmaster, and when your cap is raised to 8 for a Cast, what else are you going to spend Base Ability points besides the obvious 5 ATP levels?

Yes leveling obviously makes us all PSU "elitites".

Those high % weapons, I hope they are Muktrands or Blumiers, because most of the rest of striking weapons will be useless. fF, FI, FM all suck hard at Sacred Stream/R which is arguably the best AMP vs. time unless you have a solid party at World of Illusion/R which is sort of difficult to find over here.

Your tone is a bit abrasive. I was pointing out flaws in what you consider a GLARINGLY OBVIOUS strategy. But not so glaringly obvious for those who have not had access to jpn events.

With regard to 2.

I have a main who is level 128. and two others in the 120's. Stopped playing for a year. Gaining 50 levels seems like a farily monumental task. I expect there are plenty of folks who are far from cap also for whatever reason. My "party?" is one other person, who plays...once a week?

Thanks for your questions about weapons. Yes, I looked up requirements for both weapons and armor. I have a fortefighter that's going with 9* tenora swords, 6* kubara knuckles, 9* twin daggers, and I am still figuring out what I want to do with axes.

For acrotechers - I am going with vishics, and jitseens. TP is no issue, I can use s rank weapons. Not sure what the deal will be with ranged. I'm sure I'll adjust.

For the gunmaster, I'm going to go fortegunner. and I'll use daggers. or sabers...kinda undecided there. Either way I have plenty of 9* (the best they can use anyway). ATA not an issue, I qualify for everything.
I think the hardest thing for the fortegunner will be gettign use to no arm unit for demons above.

anyway...thanks for the input

FOnewearl-Lina
Jun 3, 2010, 06:29 AM
lol nub...

It takes less than 2 hours to gain an AP in SS/R, and you can use fortegunner with shit equips because it's such an easy mission...

xBULLYDOGG
Jun 3, 2010, 11:22 AM
If Lina says it, it must be true.

SolomonGrundy
Jun 3, 2010, 03:11 PM
lol nub...

It takes less than 2 hours to gain an AP in SS/R, and you can use fortegunner with shit equips because it's such an easy mission...

Yeah, except SS/R (if that means sacred stream), is not available until you have earned 500 AMP. And that takes more than 2 hours.

...Just sayin'

darthplagis
Jun 3, 2010, 03:23 PM
while thighmasters are of no concern to me TBH :P i am a little confused.

why are people wanting to get maxxed out ASAP? really? dont the GAM drop the cool as a cucumber meat weapons? dont they just rule? wont we need a load of them to trade to bruce for the sweet gear?

just run the GAM and get your points, so what if you have to drop to forte for a day or two..... have fun PLAYING a GAME. :)

also photon fluge and twin drive or MR:HK and cealum feathers on SS/R, gives something to work for right?

Shou
Jun 3, 2010, 03:24 PM
The point is, at first GAM will be "hard" when it is first released on Xblox. After it has been out for a little while and you have customized your character a little bit they become easy missions. BTW you can beat them without armor you know...

Ceresa
Jun 3, 2010, 04:43 PM
Yeah, except SS/R (if that means sacred stream), is not available until you have earned 500 AMP. And that takes more than 2 hours.

...Just sayin'

Yeah, it takes 3 hours to get the first 500 AMP from stage 1!

SolomonGrundy
Jun 3, 2010, 04:52 PM
Yeah, it takes 3 hours to get the first 500 AMP from stage 1!

we will see. I'll let you know.

padiwac
Jun 3, 2010, 06:55 PM

...Just sayin'

Also its not available until two months after we get the supplemental update. So the required AMP should not be a problem.

SolomonGrundy
Jun 3, 2010, 07:02 PM
Also its not available until two months after we get the supplemental update. So the required AMP should not be a problem.

Then I guess one would not be able to get 1AP in two hours from that mission right away then, amirite? Jeez

milranduil
Jun 3, 2010, 07:08 PM
Plains Overlord/R AEXP vs. time is decent if your party isn't stupid. It is still easily possible.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jun 3, 2010, 07:12 PM
Don't forget that they only raised the AEXP enemies gave out after people complained :p
It's not hard to gain AEXP in stage 1 thanks to whining players!

milranduil
Jun 3, 2010, 07:39 PM
I wonder if I complain enough if I can get some of my IRL money back from all my failed grinding :( lol

SolomonGrundy
Jun 4, 2010, 11:20 AM
better than the alternative, where your weapon was destroyed if you failed a grind. Man, when I think of that fT who took 40 howrods to grind, and broke every single one (no 10/10), I cringe.

milranduil
Jun 4, 2010, 01:11 PM
Things were also much simpler then too. All you needed was your 3 Howrods and 3 Majimras and you were set for a while.

SolomonGrundy
Aug 6, 2010, 06:53 PM
UPDATE: I am happy to report I was both right and wrong about the GAM missions

what I was right about: At first they are hard. Weapons you though you could count on, and armor you thought would protect you can't be equiped or don't protect you as well as you thought. The restrictions are tough in some cases, and AEXP earning is SLOW.

I have earned 1000 AMP (500, then I spend it, then I earned another 500), and only have earned 5 AP. AMP seems easier to earn than AEXP.

No base ability improvements available AT ALL, which means master types are partially hamstringed. Fighmaster is fine, MF and GM, not so much.

Things I was wrong about: armor matters - it does not, except to house units. Maxing your level as a viable strategy: it is, you would just have to focus on it. In the mid 140's there are a bunch of S2/S3 missions that become stupid easy, with easy to get equips. You can add the levels on quick. Still will take you some amount of months, but you are also earning real meseta, getting better drops, and building up your ability scores. 5 levels = at least 1 base ability+ in every category except stamina.

AMP sucks. I thought it would be better. There is nothing worthwhile to buy right now. BUmmer

milranduil
Aug 6, 2010, 08:01 PM
Give it a few updates. You'll be able to buy Dragon Scales, Photon Fluges, Magic Rock "Iritista", Heart of Devil, and Photon Booster for 1000 AMP a piece.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 6, 2010, 08:02 PM
UPDATE: I am happy to report I was both right and wrong about the GAM missions

what I was right about: At first they are hard. Weapons you though you could count on, and armor you thought would protect you can't be equiped or don't protect you as well as you thought. The restructions are touch in some cases, and AEXP earning is SLOW.

I have earned 1000 AMP (500, then I spend it, then I earned another 500), and only have earned 5 AP. AMP seems easier to earn than AEXP.

No base ability improvements available AT ALL, which means master types are partially hamstringed. Fighmaster is fine, MF and GM, not so much.

Things I was wrong about: armor matters - it does not, except to house units. Maxing your level as a viable strategy: it is, you would just have to focus on it. In the mid 140's there are a bunch of S2/S3 missions that become stupid easy, with easy to get equips. You can add the levels on quick. Still will take you some amount of months, but you are also earning real meseta, getting better drops, and building up your ability scores. 5 levels = at least 1 base ability+ in every category except stamina.

AMP sucks. I thought it would be better. There is nothing worthwhile to buy right now. BUmmer

Buy Cladorian and flood the market!