PDA

View Full Version : A Cowardly Thief

NiceOnes
May 31, 2010, 01:29 PM
So... This happened to me yesterday.

Fighting the Desert Terror boss on S3.

A dude joins and I inform him that I'm at the boss and to please wait in the lobby. He agrees.

I didn't pay enough attention to his name bar for he didn't do as instructed. He jumps in at the last minute and scores my Lumirus Power/Chrg.

Promptly leaves the party.

Going forward I will be booting anyone who joins while I am in the boss area. I suffer for being too nice.

FTR: Cowardly Thief = PM me if you care .. (I'm not allowed to list his weaksauce name apparently!)

Dealbreaker
May 31, 2010, 01:57 PM
So... This happened to me yesterday.

Fighting the Desert Terror boss on S3.

A dude joins and I inform him that I'm at the boss and to please wait in the lobby. He agrees.

I didn't pay enough attention to his name bar for he didn't do as instructed. He jumps in at the last minute and scores my Lumirus Power/Chrg.

Promptly leaves the party.

Going forward I will be booting anyone who joins while I am in the boss area. I suffer for being too nice.

FTR: Cowardly Thief
Ouch man that sucks... If i get my hands on a LPC ill give it to you.
Ive had that happen a few times. Ive always felt if you join in block 3 you are a automatic boot. They can see the time of the mission and they know what they are doing.

NiceOnes
May 31, 2010, 02:37 PM
Ouch man that sucks... If i get my hands on a LPC ill give it to you.
Ive had that happen a few times. Ive always felt if you join in block 3 you are a automatic boot. They can see the time of the mission and they know what they are doing.

Thanks dude. We'll find another. Have you been on at all? I've been watching for you.... Dead Aim finally played a lil last night... Apparently Nights is addicted to WoW and is giving up PSU.

Powder Keg
May 31, 2010, 03:25 PM
That blows...I've had to remove a few people at White Beast or Seed Express in the past. If I don't see their color turn gray within about 10 seconds of me asking during the boss fight, they're gone.

unicorn
May 31, 2010, 03:45 PM
That sucks. :(

You know whats sad? In MMOs, nice people tend to get taken advantage of or don't get as far as those who are nasty and snobbish. Sad but partly true.

I'm not saying its impossible to be nice and still be very well off, but its more likely that a someone a little meaner will be ahead. This especially pertains to PSU, since because the way the game is set up, we have lots of greedy players who will try to con you somehow.

I've had the same problem, but I'm learning to be meaner! :B Because if you're not, someone else is going to be mean to you!

Cranberry
May 31, 2010, 04:07 PM
I'll just say that booting someone isn't always necessary. I would join games and I usually didn't pay attention to the game time. If I ended up getting an item that someone wanted, I have no problem giving it to them.

I've been forcefully removed from online PSU since the PC/PS2 shutdown though, so I guess it's a mute point for me since I don't have an Xbox 360.

Max B
May 31, 2010, 04:18 PM
To be honest I would just ask the person nicely and if they do not leave the mission in a timely fashion then well you know what happens next....

ZIE creations
May 31, 2010, 04:19 PM
Sadly it is a fact that all of the mean a** mother f****** always seem to get ahead of everyone. i have never booted a player, except my friend when he said he had to go and I was just helping, and in this I have made more friends and have maintained my nice attitude, although I do joke a lot and sometimes offend people who honestly need to lighten up, but also have lost various items like killer elites or armas line boards. It's part of the game and unless your going to stoop to their level, lose all your friends, waist time watching partys, and discriminate against the "non-qualified" for a mission then you'll have to deal with it.

Crysteon
May 31, 2010, 04:29 PM
That sucks. :(

You know whats sad? In MMOs, nice people tend to get taken advantage of or don't get as far as those who are nasty and snobbish. Sad but partly true.

I'm not saying its impossible to be nice and still be very well off, but its more likely that a someone a little meaner will be ahead. This especially pertains to PSU, since because the way the game is set up, we have lots of greedy players who will try to con you somehow.

I've had the same problem, but I'm learning to be meaner! :B Because if you're not, someone else is going to be mean to you!

And it's worse when a person who says h'e syour friend betrays you and take the same thing he's helping you to get (thank god he doesnt play here anymore). Since that incident I learned that I should solo for my stuff, or just be meaner with my wants. It doesnt mean I'm a greedy guy, but I prefer it that way, where everyone express their needs to avoid drama or conflicts on who's getting stuff first. Also, if that people is truly helping me to get something, I dont leave the party until he/she gets his want as well...that's how the game works for me, but some people just...dont get it.

Joining JP taught me that I should care less for competing about who gets rare stuff first and help more those people in need.

MyNinja
May 31, 2010, 05:06 PM
And it's worse when a person who says h'e syour friend betrays you and take the same thing he's helping you to get (thank god he doesnt play here anymore). Since that incident I learned that I should solo for my stuff, or just be meaner with my wants. It doesnt mean I'm a greedy guy, but I prefer it that way, where everyone express their needs to avoid drama or conflicts on who's getting stuff first. Also, if that people is truly helping me to get something, I dont leave the party until he/she gets his want as well...that's how the game works for me, but some people just...dont get it.

Joining JP taught me that I should care less for competing about who gets rare stuff first and help more those people in need.

lol im trolling you but you are right solo is best way to make sure you get what drops

and thanks for all the help with them gc missions i talked to Odessa and he said that the sword is dropping better i think i will buy a few rounds next week he also said you guy were not seeing to many of the mags or shot guns maybe my luck will do the trick to help you guys get some

FirefoxKyuubi
May 31, 2010, 05:19 PM
I'm sorry to hear that but it's true. I have played many times to where this have happen to me. From Munguntek boards to all the way back to when the huge cutter first came out. Call me a Cold hearted bitch now but I simply just Boot people when I'm fighting a boss. End of story.

It's your run. Your way.

To be honest I would just ask the person nicely and if they do not leave the mission in a timely fashion then well you know what happens next....

"These Boots are made for walking. That's just what they do...."

Drawers
May 31, 2010, 05:30 PM
^Cold hearted bitch.

Dealbreaker
May 31, 2010, 09:36 PM
Thanks dude. We'll find another. Have you been on at all? I've been watching for you.... Dead Aim finally played a lil last night... Apparently Nights is addicted to WoW and is giving up PSU.

Ill be on tomorrow!!! :)

I cant wait... I just bought a new headset and keyboard.

Thats funny about nightlights. Funny thing is i would have played with him had he been back.. oh well ;)

SolomonGrundy
Jun 1, 2010, 02:25 PM
if you are repeating a mission over and over, you can always set the rares to "give finder"
that way he can join if he wants, he can't get into the boss fight once you are in it.

I agree though: it is lame when people cheat, steal, job the system, etc.

Anyone ever stumble across the a$$ clowns who will complete a mission when it is a buff party? (ending the mission for everyone). Gah.

str898mustang
Jun 1, 2010, 02:44 PM
Set a pass. Problem solved.

Valencia Superbia
Jun 2, 2010, 09:25 AM
I hate to sound pessimistic, but you should expect no better. There are a lot of nice people in the world, but some people can be very mean and underhanded. Especially on the internet, since there are a lot less consequences for their actions, if any.