PDA

View Full Version : A little weapon advice please.

Gold Slime
May 31, 2010, 03:59 PM
Just had 2 7* double sabers drop from Blade Mother and I'm not sure which to use.

They are a Mehrennenka and a Morgenlote. The Meh has Risk lvl 3, Cyclone Run, and is 0/0/0/0/0. The Morgen has no element, Torpedo Dance, and is 0/0/0/0/30. They both have a Max Grind of +10 so that will equal out. I have an Element Boost in my Armor and will be changing the element to Celeb.

What I'm wondering is will the Mehrennenka with level 4 Celeb boosting it be enough to make it worth using over the higher base stat Morgenlote with only level 2 Celeb?

pso_crash
May 31, 2010, 04:06 PM
morgenlote would probably do an insignificant bit more damage. use whichever.

The_Pup
May 31, 2010, 04:10 PM
ATP difference would be insignificant. Damage from element bonuses and weapon %s would be key in this case.

Chukie sue
May 31, 2010, 04:51 PM
Simply put, the Meh is better in terms of damage with LV 3 celeb.

...If I did my math right, and Im fairly certain I did :)

mMarikom
May 31, 2010, 06:22 PM
Go with the Meh. .2 extra damage FTW

Chaos Rappy
May 31, 2010, 07:25 PM
The Mehrennenka makes for better attacking damage, but the Morg simply has the better PA (and, if I'm not mistaken, the higher ATA), so... it's a toss-up. I'd say the Morgenlote wins in the end because I simply HATE Cyclone Run... my HUcast's almost-awesome Nathaniel has it and I can hardly stand to use it because I don't like using the PA because it sucks. ;_;

Broken_L_button
May 31, 2010, 07:40 PM
The Mehrennenka makes for better attacking damage, but the Morg simply has the better PA (and, if I'm not mistaken, the higher ATA), so... it's a toss-up. I'd say the Morgenlote wins in the end because I simply HATE Cyclone Run... my HUcast's almost-awesome Nathaniel has it and I can hardly stand to use it because I don't like using the PA because it sucks. ;_;

Chaos actually has a VERY solid point there. If you don't want to boost ATA, Hunters have no choice but to use the PA at times, and cyclone run...It just kills me inside to see that PA on a Double saber.

Gold Slime
Jun 1, 2010, 03:35 PM

Funny you say that. I ended up maxing out the Morgen partly because it had Tornado Dance as its PA. My Hunter who is using it is level 95 and somehow since I got my first low level Double Saber early in Normal every new and stronger one I've found since then have all had Torpedo Dance as thier PA so its the only PA I've really used. Plus its kind of nice having a different on screen weapon since I was already using a lesser Meh when I found those two the other night.

Chukie sue
Jun 1, 2010, 05:10 PM
The I must say, cyclone run in the middle of chaos and mobius doing their dancing move is epic :/

Macman
Jun 1, 2010, 11:10 PM
The I must say, cyclone run in the middle of chaos and mobius doing their dancing move is epic :/You're better off using Flame Hit that you probably already have a handgun for than carrying a PA that's only useful in one situation.

leviayurashyguy
Jun 2, 2010, 11:19 AM
Flame Hit is ranged while Cyclone Run is melee, different resistance.

Nick O'Demus
Jun 2, 2010, 02:50 PM
The I must say, cyclone run in the middle of chaos and mobius doing their dancing move is epic :/

Cyclone Run got me the under 1 minute titles for Reyburn and Humilias, and the under 2 minute title for Dark Falz. (Would've gotten me the title for Chaos & Mobius too if they had one.)

Gold Slime
Jun 2, 2010, 03:46 PM
I got my first under a minute boss kill because I was going through one of the levels on Normal looking for one of the 10 Meesta rares. When I got to the end my way overlevel for Normal hunter swatted the boss in nothing. After that I did them all on Normal with the overleveled Hunter.