PDA

View Full Version : Questions regarding swords after update.

dias_flac_0g
Jun 2, 2010, 12:06 AM
I don't really understand what they mean by this "Gravity Break: The number of targets for the first and second strikes will be changed to 1."

Does this mean, that it's gonna get an extra target on the first and second hits? Meaning will the first part hit two targets insted of 1? Second part will be hitting 3 targets insted of 2?

Or will the targets get reduced to 1 target only?

If that's the case then that's gonna suck bad seeing as swords are still kinda "crappy"

However, if its getting an EXTRA TARGET then that will be awesome for sure.

That aside i'm kinda sad that Majara will get tone down =P

FirefoxKyuubi
Jun 2, 2010, 12:10 AM
Your right. It means it only hit one target. But the PA in japn is powerful, been hearing stories that some people seen the PA at as high as 45k now that's something I don't truely believe but it doesn't suck just will hit harder on one single target.

dias_flac_0g
Jun 2, 2010, 12:17 AM
Damn that's garbage... :(

The PA isn't even that great. I mean sword in general kinda "sucks" it's the least appealing out of the "big boy weps"

All of it's PA's are meh and the strongest one is ULTRA slow. Even as FM it still feels kinda slow. Not only that but it misses often.

This is just all real talk coming from a lvl 173 female beast.

Out of all the "big boy weps" sword is the one that needs the most love IMO.

It should have gotten an extra target and make the speed a lil faster. I know that it's getting it's ATP increased but is the ATP increase that significant to replace the lost of a target?

Max B
Jun 2, 2010, 01:12 AM
Ill dig up some video off of nico later of this..

neilp4453
Jun 2, 2010, 01:35 AM
I might start using them if they are powerful enough.

Large, single target creatures are a pain so it might be worthwhile.

Darki
Jun 2, 2010, 02:14 AM
Problem is most large monsters tend to kick the crap out of you before you have time to swing the second combo. Gravity Break Didn't need a power or target number change, it needed a speed up...

darthplagis
Jun 2, 2010, 09:16 AM
i can see the reason behind why they did it, but i prefer to have multi hit on the last swing it just makes more sense.

GB is a one target super hit move not a swing and catch everyone move, but yay for another tornado break buff :)

majarra needs a tone down, it has been the spam move of choice since it was released.

i think the sword is in general a black sheep of weapons for all classes that can use it, but it is my fave of the 2H melee and has been since PSO.
the thing is alot of people expect axe power from it, that is not its thing its a multi monster hitter, thats why GB needs its tweak... even though its kind of silly

dias_flac_0g
Jun 2, 2010, 11:53 AM
Majara doesn't really need a tone down. Just because people use it don't mean it's broken. They should buff up the other PA's insted.

Swords were awesome in PSO. They were fast and really strong. The hits made the enemies flintch so they couldn't hit you while you were in the combo.

I remember my 3 main weps in GC pso were, my TJ sword (that huge katana) BKB, and my charge vulcans haha.

Sword, just sucks in psu. Too slow. It gets interupted way too much for my taste.

I wouldn't be whining about what they did to gravity break if they had bumped up it's speed.

Regardless, i'm glad the other pa's are getting some love.

Darki
Jun 2, 2010, 12:04 PM
I don't see Swords as an Axe, but the problem is that originally sword was the "mass killer" while axe was the "1-hit pwn" if you count on the normal attacks, Whatever you say, Sword is still the one that hits 4 targets and Axe only 1. While Axe got the awesome overtkill PA for multiple attacks, sword got a super-slow "powerful" one-target one.

I love swords, as to say it's one of my default melee weapons and I always carry one in my pallette despite spears, I was tired of them. But I've always though sword PA selection was really crap. You have Tornado break, which is ok, basic and good. But then you have Spinning Break, which is a vertical TB (c'mon, more imagination for making PAs... Nobody in SEGAC played Soul Calibur? <_<).

And then you have Gravity Break. Gravity break is a powerful PA indeed, but, to kill Polties. It's so godamn slow that all the power that it has goes to shit because you almost never can deal a full combo unless you're lucky or you're hitting a monster that¡s not worth using GB on it... I remember my n00b days in which I was using it with Svaltus or other Starteria (c'mon, don't tell me it isn't cool to kill a huge swordzguy with your own sword like an EPIC sword battle? lol). At the end you go with Spinning break and kthx.

They can make the PA as powerful as they want, give it the highest ATP mod of the game twice, who cares because you won't hit half of attacks. In my opinion, it would be better if they kept the 2-hitboxes over all the combo and gave an speed bost, than giving any ATP boost. After all, most huge monsters have at least 2 hitboxes... And they tend to kick you out of place with too much frecuency to be able to reach even 2nd combo.

SolomonGrundy
Jun 2, 2010, 12:19 PM
jabroken made axes what they are today. Before that people hardly used them. MAjarra is horribly overpowered. Making other PAs match it's power is silly. That would make a LOT of other PAs broken.

I actually agree with reducing Gravity breaks targets - Spinning break hits multi area already. They should have also sped t up a bit though...it is too slow to use practically.

dias_flac_0g
Jun 2, 2010, 12:34 PM
Yea it's not a practical PA at it's what it really comes down too xD

None of the sword pa's are "practical" though. I think that's their main problem. The only one who's close to practical is Tornado Break.

Spinning Break sucks lol. It looks kinda cool, but it needs an atp boost and needs a wider hitbox.

Tornado Break is getting an overall atp increase so that's pretty cool. Maybe that boost will shove it into the "practical" range" and get it out the "almost practical range".

Gravity Break is just too slow period. I agree that's REALLY is huge weak point.

I'm glad my other 4 main Fortefighter weps are getting buffed up though. Knuckles, Twin Sabers, Sabers, and Twin Claws. An extra target for the Chuei and increased attack on the last hit (which is already super strong) is gonna make this pa way better IMO.

Overall, i'm rather happy about the changes. It just makes me think why they didn't show sword a lil more love. Seeing as it's also a "big boy wep". Yet it sucks compared to the other big boy weps xD or even compared to "non big boy weps...

Darki
Jun 2, 2010, 03:11 PM
Well, I don't see Spinning Break useless, but I see Gravity & Spinning break useless to be two. They do almost the same, with the exception that one hits faster, weaker and more targets.

You say to wide the hitboxes... I see that skill as a boss killer, just use it on a big monster and there you go, you will probably hit all the hitboxes you want.

Tornado is the mob killer while Spinning is the boss killer. Also with Spinning you can hit many flying monsters that you usually don't reach with most melee weapons (like kudetobs). But this PA seems utterly ridicolous visually talking.

Then it leaves Gravity Break as the "big guys w/ low hitboxes" killer. You use it on Dilnazens, or Vapas (both) OR you'd use if wasn't that those monsters kick the crap out of you every 2 secs you're in range, that leaves you able to do only 1 combo, usually.

Plus, there's the low ATA mod too. If you're a FF or a FM maybe you can use other weapons, but for WTs, for example, it's a shit.

If Gravity break was faster, at least it would be a good skill to kill single monsters, but you take less time to shoot them down with a handgun, almost.

SolomonGrundy
Jun 2, 2010, 03:26 PM
yeah the knuckles PA (bogga robado)? that does 4x1 hits as it's first Attack is how I currently deal with large, 1 hitbox enemies. It si a fast PA, and accurate because knuckles add so much ATA.
Swords range is much greater than knuckles, so if they speed it up I could see some utility there, maybe vs jarbas or somesuch