PDA

View Full Version : I like Fighgunners

Syrus08
Jun 2, 2010, 07:08 AM
No matter how many times I switch to another class, I always come back to fighgunner. I like guns and melee weapons. My question is how are they after supp update. And any thoughts on customization. Thanks don't want to waste any points.

dias_flac_0g
Jun 2, 2010, 11:58 AM
I think they are getting a 200 atp increase.

So basically they are gonna stay the same but with 200 more base atp.

My two mains are Fightgunner and ForteFighter. Fightgunner I mainly use for like missions that require a gun at the boss. Fortefighter for everything else.

Syrus08
Jun 3, 2010, 06:55 AM
Thanks for the reply. I saw that they have more ATP. And boy did they need it. I was just curious if anyone on the JP servers had any insight. I don't care about doing the most damage. My Beast is level 20 in all but masterforce, guntecher, and fortegunner. I switch up all of the time and have three other pretty high level characters of other races. But when it's all said and done Beast fighgunner is my favorite.

darthplagis
Jun 3, 2010, 07:21 AM
while i would normaly have a go saying that beast suck and should still be in chains in the mines :P

i wont today :) and i too agree that fighgunners are great and love mine, even though he is as much of an acrofighter as a fighgunner.

this is where my first comment comes in, i play a human and humans get to use creas :) and the tenora crea daggers are lethal! they only have a few ATP short of the 12* tamagiris :) and they (X) combo multi targets YAY!

i am looking forward to the ATP boost and the fancy new guns and xbows too :) and the other stuff we will hopefully get in the future (legacy of light gear :()

TheAstarion
Jun 3, 2010, 09:35 AM
As a Beast, you'll have 20 PA levels to play with, so I'd say take your two favourite melee weapon classes to level 50. For most people that means twin sabers and double sabers, you'll do more damage than a Fighmaster with a lv50 double saber! Slow animations still, but there are BIGGER NUMBERS! Slower animations also means more control while you spin, if that appeals to you.

If you use guns a lot, it might be worth increasing the cap on the guns you use by 2 each to get the next tier of PA levels, mostly for the elemental % boost and the accuracy bonus (twin handguns are an excellent choice here, I went from doing 300s to 500s per bullet levelling from 20 to 21 during a boss fight, so 30 to 31 should be even better).

For stat points, it's up to you. Since Fighgunners have the worst MST, you could boost that. Getting hit by errant spells can hurt, but most people would prefer to go straight ATP, which boosts damage on just about everything. For the record, before upgrades, Fighgunner's ATP will be a little higher than Fighmaster, and a little lower than Fortefighter.

With its already massive weapon arsenal and the big attack boosts it's getting, it's easy to see the Fighgunner love. It was, is, and will always be, the most powerful hybrid class. Spin and win!

Syrus08
Jun 3, 2010, 05:23 PM
I have some planning to do. I did a little research at psupedia and the customization list is crazy. I normally use double sabers, daggers, twin hand guns, and Xbow/mechgun. I know I will raise my class accuracy. But after that it's still up in the air. Probably dagger PAs to 50 and xbow, twins, and mechgun PAs to the next status level. But I won't rule out double sabers. This update will definitely breathe some life into this game for me.

xBULLYDOGG
Jun 4, 2010, 05:45 AM
while i would normaly have a go saying that beast suck and should still be in chains in the mines :P
nou..

Max B
Jun 4, 2010, 07:08 AM
i am looking forward to the ATP boost and the fancy new guns and xbows too :) and the other stuff we will hopefully get in the future (legacy of light gear :()
Stuff we will probably never see. Its sad but most likely the truth.

darthplagis
Jun 4, 2010, 07:35 AM
hey max, does the B stand for buzz kill :P

the xbows are event drops so should be ok for drops :) and the yohnohane fu is a DP exchange (granted a sword but still) as is the tension blaster :)

like i said in anoying that the magana revolta wont be a guarenteed drop :( that would help ALL fighgunners