PDA

View Full Version : The last Metroid is in captivity.

AlexCraig
Jun 2, 2010, 05:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEojI5-IueI&playnext_from=TL&videos=LiU-sTc0EDA

The Last Baron
Jun 2, 2010, 07:07 PM
And the world continued turning as normal. Samus was out of job.

Retniwreven
Jun 2, 2010, 07:37 PM
The galaxy
Is at peace.

Outrider
Jun 2, 2010, 11:17 PM
The mention of killing Keese just to open a door reminds me of something.

Did anybody play Jet Force Gemini? It was a pretty cool game.

Sometimes, random enemies would drop their weapons and surrender to you, which was a neat feature.

Unfortunately, it made things pretty uncomfortable when this randomly occurred in a room where you had to kill all the enemies to proceed.

It was made even worse by the fact that you could collect enemy heads as currency for unlocking extras.

Plus, it was an all ages title.

Fun times.

Shadowpawn
Jun 3, 2010, 12:54 AM
I miss the days when Rare actually made games. THANKS A LOT MICROSOFT!

Sord
Jun 3, 2010, 02:41 AM
The mention of killing Keese just to open a door reminds me of something.

Did anybody play Jet Force Gemini? It was a pretty cool game.

Sometimes, random enemies would drop their weapons and surrender to you, which was a neat feature.

Unfortunately, it made things pretty uncomfortable when this randomly occurred in a room where you had to kill all the enemies to proceed.

It was made even worse by the fact that you could collect enemy heads as currency for unlocking extras.

Plus, it was an all ages title.

Fun times.
must have been some country training it's children for the next Massacre.

Outrider
Jun 3, 2010, 10:48 AM
Rare is actually a British company.

Plus, I probably should have mentioned that you were kid space cops fighting giant bugs who were trying to kill adorable teddy bears.

Sord
Jun 3, 2010, 04:50 PM
now why'd you have to go and ruin my destructive fantasies like that :(

Outrider
Jun 3, 2010, 05:18 PM
They had a dog with a jetpack for feet.

Then the dog became a dog tank.

With a jetpack.

AlexCraig
Jun 3, 2010, 05:41 PM
http://images.ientrymail.com/wiiblog/rushdog.jpg?

Outrider
Jun 3, 2010, 08:20 PM
http://images.ientrymail.com/wiiblog/rushdog.jpg?

The other robot dog with the jetpack feet.

http://n64media.ign.com/media/previews/image/jetforcehappy28_640w.jpg

Tetsaru
Jun 3, 2010, 11:15 PM
I miss the days when Rare actually made games. THANKS A LOT MICROSOFT!

I do too. I was actually watching a friend of mine play Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3 the other night, and we both talked about how cool it would be if there was a new Donkey Kong adventure game that wasn't bastardized in some way. It's kinda sad because some of Nintendo's flagship characters/series, mainly Donkey Kong and Starfox, are starting to suffer the same fates as Sonic: trying to deviate away too much from what made them fun in the first place. ;_;

And Jet Force Gemini was an awesome game... and Banjo-Kazooie... and Goldeneye... and Perfect Dark... and Donkey Kong 64...

Sord
Jun 3, 2010, 11:18 PM
DK64 was just a big collect-a-fest, even more so than banjo-kazzoi :/

Randomness
Jun 3, 2010, 11:34 PM
Banjo Kazooie wasn't too heavy on collecting, imo, unless you were going for 100%, you could easily beat the game without much effort. (Maybe some side runs for notes)

Sord
Jun 3, 2010, 11:35 PM
I actually liked banjo-kazooie enough to beat it 100% though.

Randomness
Jun 4, 2010, 12:34 AM
Well, its not horribly difficult to do so. I settled for unlocking every note door and 98 jiggies.

pikachief
Jun 4, 2010, 01:43 AM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2007/08/hatroid082407.jpg

The last Metroid.... is a hat.

Palle
Jun 4, 2010, 01:50 AM
Bawls in hand is worth two in the... nevermind.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 4, 2010, 04:16 AM
Bawls in hand is worth two in the... nevermind.
3 eye ballin me boy?

I dunno either.

Lets preserve dignity and walk away.

-
Oh, here's one.

Pikachief not having a pic without a fatchix? World ended already?!

Outrider
Jun 4, 2010, 10:19 AM
Yeah, DK64 was pretty awful.

But Donkey Kong Jungle Beat was excellent. I can't vouch for the Wii port that removed support for the bongo drums, but the original Gamecube version is amazing.

(Though your hands are bound to hurt after a few levels.)

Jungle Beat was made by the team behind both Mario Galaxy games - it's not so surprising that those games are awesome as well.

AlexCraig
Jun 4, 2010, 08:31 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2007/08/hatroid082407.jpg

The last Metroid.... is a hat.

Alex want.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 4, 2010, 09:17 PM
Alex want.

You're talking about the hat, right?

AlexCraig
Jun 4, 2010, 10:58 PM
Yeah.

Dhylec
Jun 5, 2010, 07:03 AM
Yeah.
dat metroid tee iz also nice ;3
get it chu!

Tetsaru
Jun 5, 2010, 08:29 AM
Yeah, DK64 was pretty awful.

But Donkey Kong Jungle Beat was excellent. I can't vouch for the Wii port that removed support for the bongo drums, but the original Gamecube version is amazing.

(Though your hands are bound to hurt after a few levels.)

Jungle Beat was made by the team behind both Mario Galaxy games - it's not so surprising that those games are awesome as well.

Wait... so you enjoyed a Donkey Kong Guitar Hero-esque game more than an Donkey Kong adventure/platformer game? Personally, I loved DK64, and I would love to see Nintendo or another capable developer make a new Donkey Kong Country 4, or a Donkey Kong Wii (as much as I hate the Wii, I'd be much more willing to play good old Nintendo flagship series). Music games are fun and all, but nowadays they're almost shovelware... either that, or a huge money sink, thanks to all the Guitar Hero and Rock Band sequels out lately; I can't keep up with all of em.

And that Metroid hat is made of win and awesome.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 5, 2010, 09:46 PM
dat metroid tee iz also nice ;3
get it chu!
dhy's fangirls are hotter/smarter ?_?

And don't drink :coke: x 500% energy "drinks" ?

AlexCraig
Jun 6, 2010, 09:45 PM
dhy's fangirls

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=40426 ???

Outrider
Jun 7, 2010, 12:01 PM
Wait... so you enjoyed a Donkey Kong Guitar Hero-esque game more than an Donkey Kong adventure/platformer game? Personally, I loved DK64, and I would love to see Nintendo or another capable developer make a new Donkey Kong Country 4, or a Donkey Kong Wii (as much as I hate the Wii, I'd be much more willing to play good old Nintendo flagship series). Music games are fun and all, but nowadays they're almost shovelware... either that, or a huge money sink, thanks to all the Guitar Hero and Rock Band sequels out lately; I can't keep up with all of em.

And that Metroid hat is made of win and awesome.

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat is a platformer that happens to use the bongo controllers. There is no music or rhythm aspect to it. It's a truer sequel to Donkey Kong Country than DK64.

You may be thinking of Donkey Konga, which was a music game developed by Namco based on their Taiko Drum Master games.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 8, 2010, 06:38 PM
dhy's also a fan of girls. *citation of that part where he called somebody too purdy for him~* W;oah

Tetsaru is a fan of bongos.

& as shown, Outrider is a fan of games and game accessories.