PDA

View Full Version : Any point in playing the Story?

Sorlin
Jun 2, 2010, 09:57 PM
I heard the story is loaded with idiotic plot twists and plot holes galore. Do I get anything for doing the story mode other than Achievement points, which I could care less for?

Ryno
Jun 2, 2010, 10:00 PM
vijeri / resist? and NPCs?

Sorlin
Jun 2, 2010, 10:09 PM
Any other reason or is the plot really that bad?

SolomonGrundy
Jun 2, 2010, 10:41 PM
there are a few rewards that are story mode only. NPCs is a better bonus than you might think. and the resist is not the only story mode drop.

NiceOnes
Jun 2, 2010, 10:46 PM
Any other reason or is the plot really that bad?

The plot really is that bad... And you can't skip the cut scenes which makes it tediously long as well. You won't need to do all the sub-plots unless you want Magashi's NPC card... Just once through is sufficient.

I feel it's worth it to make your way through it. The last two story missions are needed to obtain the Edel items which you can trade for one of three Edel weapons.

I would just set up my controller with some elastics during the cut scenes so that I could walk away and do something else.

Beyond the Edel items the story missions are a good way to collect PA fragments early on. The first time you S-Rank a story mission you will get 10 of em!

As mentioned above... NPC cards.

Darki
Jun 3, 2010, 12:12 AM
NPCs + PA frags + some of the rewards + some drops are worth it.

I did all the story subplots (I'm doing the Magashi one yet, need 3 runs and I'm done), and isn't that bad to get them, they're funny. xD

If you're not into the story mode, do it in C rank for the speed and then when you feel like it, do the trials for the rewards skipping scenes, that's all.

terrell707
Jun 3, 2010, 01:28 AM
yeah like everyone else said, i think story is pretty much good for when you're super bored and have nothing else to do. Honestly after the first time through, it gets tedious and boring lol.

Darki
Jun 3, 2010, 02:09 AM
Don't need to tell that lol. I had to do the two last missions twice (and still gotta do them a third and fourth) for the subplots and I can't pass the scenes because I gotta do different choices. =_=

TheAstarion
Jun 3, 2010, 09:56 AM
Some of the Episode 3 missions have easy drops that were/are a pain to get normally, like spicia and nanopolymer (Polymer not so much anymore, but when the mission was new it was 120K+ a pop).

It would have been better with voice acting and the ability to SKIP THINGS.

And, as previously stated, you need to do 7-2 and 8-2 on A to get the edel items, which you need to get the super awesome Ely Sion/Edel Fucil/Edel Arrow.

Shou
Jun 3, 2010, 10:09 AM
If you really need to get the npcs I suggest trying to complete a chapter a day. I did that when I remade my main. I don't think ill be able to do that again on JP. I'll probably get Ethan one day and thats it.

Sorlin
Jun 4, 2010, 08:57 AM
The plot really is that bad... And you can't skip the cut scenes which makes it tediously long as well. You won't need to do all the sub-plots unless you want Magashi's NPC card... Just once through is sufficient.

I feel it's worth it to make your way through it. The last two story missions are needed to obtain the Edel items which you can trade for one of three Edel weapons.

I would just set up my controller with some elastics during the cut scenes so that I could walk away and do something else.

Beyond the Edel items the story missions are a good way to collect PA fragments early on. The first time you S-Rank a story mission you will get 10 of em!

As mentioned above... NPC cards.

Is it just the default story mode or is Episode 2 ans 3 just as bad?

Tyreek
Jun 4, 2010, 09:32 AM
The plot build up for Episode 2 into 3 placed a lot of anticipation. but in the middle of EP3 it turns into nothing more than a "I want to envelop the world in darkness" cliche.

Sorlin
Jun 4, 2010, 11:07 AM
The plot build up for Episode 2 into 3 placed a lot of anticipation. but in the middle of EP3 it turns into nothing more than a "I want to envelop the world in darkness" cliche.

Yeah, I read some bits on TV Tropes in the vain hope that the story would actually become interesting. Then I read the ending was a Deus Ex Machina.

landman
Jun 4, 2010, 01:33 PM
I play and replay story mode only for the "story" :P

Yuicihi
Jun 5, 2010, 03:13 PM
The story mode had a pretty neat idea, but ultimately fell flat on it's face.

I guess if you really want to have the Room items and the NPCs, sure. Otherwise it's a bunch of hallways with beyond easy puzzles, and a sea of the exclamation bubbles that put me to sleep. Zzz...

Leilla-chan
Jun 6, 2010, 08:09 AM
there is one more reason!: you get a title on japanese serversfor completing both episodes xD so in 3 years you will have that title in US too (or later..)xP