PDA

View Full Version : maybe, kinda, possibly, but not quite, an FKL tourny

Sord
Jun 7, 2010, 03:31 AM
Most peeps already know where this is going. For those who don't...

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114045
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102990
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144012 (my more recent (and probably much better) one))
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93938 (old one of mine, dear lord, did I never proof read my stuff then? awful.)
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73748
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46655&page=17 (oh god, so old, 2004)

now usually (with a few rare exceptions) full bracket tournaments never get completed. This is either because 1. so many, gets boring after awhile, 2. writers block due to odd match-up, 3. I just hate the characters.

So we're going to fix that by saying to hell with any bracket structure, if I like two characters enough (or maybe hate one enough to want it killed,) I'll write a battle. If I don't like your character, they won't be used (or may just be killed very quickly.) Due to this, you are allowed to submit multiple characters, either via this thread or PMing me your stuff if you want it kept private. You can request matches between characters, but there's no guarantee I'll bother. Now, there's a lot of things I do and don't like, but for the most part I'm a very negative person, and really don't like the things I don't like, so I'll list some guidelines based more around that.

Generic: just some random hero dude, lame name, lame game, no goal in life but save the day, run-of-the-mill-piece-of-shit-everyday-hero (or villain.) Put some god damn meat on your character, give them a personality, something that I can look at and go "hmmm, they might do this in a particular situation." fleshing out details of what they like or prefer or (one of the things I like) actual dialogue snippets (with accents) that reveal their personality.

Original: don't fucking pull your character straight from a game or animu, if your character is just some dude runnin around with the armor and weapons taken from "insert media BS here" then fuck 'im. Incorporating a few elements from a game or two is fine, but we're talking perhaps that 1 pistol or perhaps those singular pair of jetboots, not the whole goddamn set (and picking and choosing single things from multiple games doesn't fly.)

No outright ridiculousness: example: I once had to deal with a goddamn penguin, that was stupid and annoying. There is nothing about a god damn penguin that is actually deadly. No I don't care if it shoots lasers from it's fucking eyes and can explode, I'm not doing it. You want to use some weapon like a large frying pan? perhaps even a large sword? fine, but no fucking bouquets, banana peals or rubber chickens.

Powers: don't need 'em, but they can be nice (or stupid as fuck.) There is no such thing as a OHKO move and nothing of the sort will be used. you want to have control over a deck of razor sharp cards and make them move through the air and slice shit like the Dandy Man? Fine, that's somewhat reasonable and will probably be toned down but the initial idea is good (but you wouldn't get any of his other abilities.) Making yourself a nuclear bomb that survives their own blast? Fuck you. No god powers.

Physical details: loooooots of them. height, weight, hair color and style, eye color, clothes (every damn article of it, and it's color,) body type, etc. etc. the more the merrier.

no repeats: pretty much just applies to past contenders, I'm not reusing any characters.

"furries" are allowed only if their animal side actually helps in some very good way, but don't count on me likeing them much if it's your typical wolf/fox/cat/dragon type shit

no robots or mechs, everything must be a fleshly (though not necessarily human.) They can however be somewhat cyborg, but still enough fleshy shit that if it were to be taken out, the person would die.

make your character to fight, not some POS whiner that helps some other guy all the time, is a pacisfist, or "doesn't normally bother fighting," type BS. This is a fucking battle arena, not hippie play time.

If you use spells, moves, powers, you do not fucking chant their names before using them. If you think this is cool, you are a brain dead piece of filth scraped off onto the curb of idiocy by the shoe of retardation. And it only gets worse from there. Now, incantations are an entirely different story. Your character has to say a little chant or something? Fine, that's good, it introduce a lag in moves which generates a weakness in a character, weaknesses are VERY REAL THINGS AND SHOULD ALWAYS EXIST.

no fucking satellite weapons, or any super long range weapon for that matter. don't even bother with a fucking sniper gun. A man sitting in a tower pissing into jars every couple hours while the wait for their pray to wonder into his scope just isn't fun unless you're Valve and can get away with that shit. Short range and medium ranges weapons are fine, such as pistols and automatics. If you use a "laser," it will be a god damn heat laser like a real laser would be. It will not have some stupid kinetic property like Cyclops. If you want an impact beam, call it something other than a damn laser, because it's not a fucking laser.

no photons, anywhere, at all, ever

Sayara
Jun 7, 2010, 11:35 AM
No photons? Damn! Does that mean i gotta use the Yaskiminov 9000M only then?

Sord
Jun 7, 2010, 12:01 PM
Yes, and preferably no pso/u weaponry in general assuming there is any others without photons. If you were to use that, there's nothing wrong with saying "duel wielding uzis," there's no need for them to be taken directly from a game :/

Nitro Vordex
Jun 7, 2010, 12:21 PM
lolphotons

I'll enter with a better character this time around. >_____>;

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 7, 2010, 06:14 PM
The one ya wrote where I was winning and it was like a Bleach trainwreck show where I got new moves every match, clearly we're not doing that again. Not much fun for everyone.

It went unfinished like a Shliggy project. :wacko:

I gotta go out in the first round like the PD only other one I got picked in time for. :yes: Oh I think I was the Gold Buddha owner/submit one for another PD one too, with :wacko: kinda battle ending in pacifism.

Sord
Jun 7, 2010, 06:26 PM
I remember that guy, was in a god damned wheelchair. And you kept winning on the damn coin flips or whatever it was I used to determine winner backs then, and I was all like "how the hell does a guy in a damn wheel chair win" and I had to make some pretty creative liberties with his ice powers to write stuff.

Randomness
Jun 7, 2010, 06:39 PM
Hmm, I'll get back to ya on this.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 7, 2010, 07:18 PM
FKL also fell apart in Govt. Headmaster/only in title with not much power, but whoever wins, wins,

FKL President Election form.

I constantly brought it up a bit, but nobody else seemed interested in getting it off the ground.

This one- will get support as everyone wants to fight (& sometimes use moves/weapons/characters from series after series instead of their own creations :/) as well the creative writing juices flowing, fun stuff to read and as seen in the past, some well to do and known FKL history.

Time to be more Legend than Robert Neville!

Sord
Jun 11, 2010, 01:50 AM
come on man, only 2 submissions so far, GIB MOAR

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 11, 2010, 02:19 AM
come on man, only 2 submissions so far, GIB MOAR
God Damn /FOatHeart's user title

I stayed out, to not have the aforementioned problem. Even if I can't use a wheelchair :ice: man again. Also didn't think there would be room for a character I would have thought up, hence not spending time to think one out.