PDA

View Full Version : Character Affections...

Wintermute0
Jun 7, 2010, 09:31 PM
I have the strategy guide (for collector's purposes) and I noticed that there's a section for character affections... does this even matter? How does it effect the game? Do you get special items if you max out a character's affection?

Dhylec
Jun 7, 2010, 09:43 PM
If you invite NPCs to play with you enough times, you get those NPC's titles & certain rewards for each title.
See guide for details: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2600

Cruciarius
Jun 7, 2010, 09:45 PM
Character affection..? As far as I know, their is no such thing in PSZ. Story quests have different options when progressing through them, but as far as I know, they don't change the rewards.

Wintermute0
Jun 7, 2010, 09:50 PM
If you invite NPCs to play with you enough times, you get those NPC's titles & certain rewards for each title.
See guide for details: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2600

I'm aware of that, but I don't think that has anything do to with the character's hidden affection stat. In the guide it says that when you choose certain pieces of dialogue in a conversation it can improve your affection with that character. For example, the guide says that if you choose "Nod Definitely" at the beginning of the Humar story you get +3 affection with Kai. I was wondering what THAT does... I searched throughout the guide to figure out for what purpose there is an affection system, but I couldn't find an answer.

Nick O'Demus
Jun 8, 2010, 12:11 AM
It has a slight effect on the ending in Story mode. The NPC with the highest affection rating talks to you briefly after the credits end. It's not very important, and as far as I can tell, doesn't affect anything else in the game.

blazecon0
Jun 8, 2010, 01:15 PM
ive beat the game 2 times and got Sarisa both times :p

chibiLegolas
Jun 8, 2010, 02:38 PM
It has a slight effect on the ending in Story mode. The NPC with the highest affection rating talks to you briefly after the credits end. It's not very important, and as far as I can tell, doesn't affect anything else in the game.

Wow... Months after this game's release and I'm still learning something new....
I was convinced that all that dialogue in story lead to nothing and often wondered why they even bothered giving us a choice in the first place.
Thanks for the tid-bit!