PDA

View Full Version : Wartecher Q & A

Bind!!!
Jun 8, 2010, 03:49 PM
First off let me start by saying after lots of years playing the Phantasy Star games this is my first post ever on PSOWorld :)

But to my Q. i wanna make a Wartecher with either my newman or my beast and was wondering in the long run witch would be better and why? i can see the pros and cons for both but still have trouble deciding. thanks much :)

SolomonGrundy
Jun 8, 2010, 04:13 PM
Here is the net-net:

Newman will be able to do damage with techs, Beast really wont.
Beast will get a a Nanoblast, which is a significant advantage.

When it comes to weapons, you will chose weapons based on your races advantage. Beasts will probably use more weapons like twin daggers, where those low ATP weapons will be less of an option for newman.

Units like Solid Power / S should equalize the rest of the ATP/ATA discrepency.

I'd probably go Beast if you want maximum party love.

unicorn
Jun 8, 2010, 04:19 PM
Beast is a muuuch better choice.

In all honesty, Beast or CAST are the best. Human gets the most use of GAS though.

Kenbog
Jun 8, 2010, 04:37 PM
Beast for sure, WT is basically a melee class that has the ability to buff and heal.

Cookie Monster
Jun 8, 2010, 05:11 PM
Pros/Cons:
Newman-Become an avid techer with some hp, but beware of melee combat because you hit for less dmg than my grandmother!
Beast-Have buffs+whips/claws/twin daggers and do lots of dmg, but attack spells are are about as powerful as a sparkler!
alright that wasn't really helpful at all.... (obvious sarcasm btw)
I think I did make my point however, as others have said beast WT will be more about striking weapons with support techs, ala a Paladin in FFXI. Where as a newman WT is more or less just a gimp FT with more health.

TLDR: Newman WT is a a beefier Fortetecher, Beast WT is a more supportive Fortefighter

PS: Don't be afraid to try things out, you can always switch classes on your characters later on :-P

Shou
Jun 8, 2010, 05:17 PM
CAST would be best for Xblox server. If you were on JP, CAST or Human. On JP any race would do just fin on WT really. After/if mirage blasts are ever released on JP Humans would make the best WT.

Bind!!!
Jun 8, 2010, 05:38 PM
Thanks all for the Info, i had thought about trying a cast one for the whole tornado dance SUV speed runs i could do but i alrdy have a FM cast so theres no need... i think im gonna go with the beast for now. making me some whips as we speak... im excited :)

TheAstarion
Jun 8, 2010, 06:02 PM
Beast WT is my first love in PSU, it has the highest damage with whips in the game, and a get-out-of-jail free card with the invincible nanoblast (if you need it). Buffs, twin claw/dagger, even single daggers and some of the A ranks are viable, such as a (500ATP at 10/10) Twin DB or a high % Ryo-Juriba... you can basically pick up any melee weapon, choose a PA you like, and run with it. Don't ignore Spiral Dance for DPS either, it's getting a boost at the same time WT gets doublesabers.

Anything Newman can do as a WT, it can usually do better as AT. Buffs, spreading SEs with whips (damage isn't that bad but not on beast/CAST level), and tech damage. This goes double post supplemental; the Gi-techs will be viable on any race due to higher status effects (lv4 with 31+)

SolomonGrundy
Jun 9, 2010, 12:15 AM
what is a "mirage blast?"

darthplagis
Jun 9, 2010, 04:01 AM
i have played around with WT since the beginning, beasts seem to be the most melee capable, but you loose out in the offensive techs (it is a big part of your class).

newmans dont really cut the mustard with the game as it is now (GAS may help, but doubtful)

CAST have the obvious advantage of SUV and high stats, but i am a firm believer in CAST having no soul so cant do magic (PSO style).

Humans are built for the hybrid classes, and dont have any down sides to using them.

i have ran a human war tech for a while (i love claws and daggers, plus wartech is hunewearl to me :)) and it really is a fun class to play. remember humans and newmans special weapons....... yep crea daggers from tenora (aldaga cresa+) are cheap/dropping loads at the moment and have comparable damage to 12* yohmei (non crea) ones.

but yeah id say human as they dont have any down side, will get most GAS, or CAST as they have high stats all round (not magic though) and SUV (if that floats your boat), but i would not use offensive techs as a CAST (maybe just digga) keep to heals and buffs since they dont use tech power.

SolomonGrundy
Jun 9, 2010, 12:38 PM
The thing about wartecher is, it can adapt to a mission. So if it is a mission that requires heavy tech use - well, that is there. If it is a mission that melee is a better they have a lot of choices. Bows, shadoogs and cards round out your ranged options. I've seen Beast WTs drop Tengohs prety quick with sabers and ice ranged-mags.

newman + tenora swords can lay down some decent damage - and you can get really good % + grind pretty cheap.

Personally I would not play casts. their MST is sh*t, and WT gets a pretty good MST bump, which means humans, and newmen they can ignore low grade megids in the SEED areas with halfway decent armor. not everyone has a vijeri resist.