PDA

View Full Version : Wi-fi play - EU-US-JP?

Yueri
Jun 9, 2010, 02:57 PM
As the title... Can you play online with anyone?
As in can you with a US version play with a JP one? Usually this is not the case though...
So hope about EU and US?

I have a US version of the game and my boyfriend the EU.
We play wirelessly, DS-DS, but tried to play by wi-fi - due to the "boosted" rates for drops...
But where unable to. We have double checked the friendcodes and they have been input correctly... We get the... well I do not remember the error code, but we get an error code with the message saying that "your connection has droped or the leader has disconnected" or similar.

I have played online before on freeplay, as in with a random player...
But that might not help since I might have been paired up with a US copy...

Anyone who knows or can bring about a solution to what we could do to play online?
Not a big deal though since we usually play in the same room anyway... But just for the drops!

Rayvinh
Jun 9, 2010, 04:09 PM
Absolutely. All versions of the game can play with each other.

Yueri
Jun 9, 2010, 04:16 PM
That is good to know - thank you very much!

Now to figure out what is wrong...

Rayvinh
Jun 9, 2010, 04:17 PM
It may just be your router. But that's just a guess.

Yueri
Jun 9, 2010, 04:42 PM
It may just be your router.

So "free play" and "play with friends" would be different?

zeital
Jun 9, 2010, 08:00 PM
yes, freeplay u just got put with random people that are also looking for a game in freeplay, and them dumped into a run when u find people

playing with friends both people have to add the FC's of each other

Cruciarius
Jun 9, 2010, 08:35 PM
Sounds like a router issue.

A few people have made threads (searching will likely find a few) about how they can play with people on Free Play, but not with certain friends. I believe a few pursued enough to fix the issue.

Yueri
Jun 10, 2010, 04:59 AM
yes, freeplay u just got put with random people that are also looking for a game in freeplay, and them dumped into a run when u find people

playing with friends both people have to add the FC's of each other

Yeeeeeeeeeah...

Sounds like a router issue.

A few people have made threads (searching will likely find a few) about how they can play with people on Free Play, but not with certain friends. I believe a few pursued enough to fix the issue.

How can it be a router problem??
Well ok then. I guess I will search for threads about that then, at least it could be a step in the direction of solving it. Thanks man.

Edit: And after having done that I have not found anything to help our cause.
The error code however is 80430.
Researching the error code itself has not helped either incase anyone suggests that.

Wintermute0
Jun 13, 2010, 08:10 AM
Do you have any sort of security enabled for your router?

Arrow
Jun 13, 2010, 01:29 PM
The error code however is 80430.
Researching the error code itself has not helped either incase anyone suggests that.

Gota love Nintendo :lol:

[SPOILER-BOX]Error Code: 80430

This error generally occurs when two or more Nintendo DS systems are unable to establish a direct connection, usually due to high wireless traffic or firewall settings on your router, or on your opponent's router.

I've never been able to connect. I get this code every single time I try to connect.

Netgear Routers
Our experience has shows that older Netgear routers have difficulty in establishing the type of player to player connections (i.e., a direct connection) the Nintendo DS requires for online play. If the steps described here do not resolve the issue, you may wish to check our router compatibility list in order to look for an alternative router by clicking here.

Firewall Info
Your router's firewall may blocking some necessary ports. You may consider adjusting your router's Port Forwarding settings. Each router is unique, so consult the owner's manual for your router or contact the manufacturer for specific information on working with your router's ports. For your information:

You will need to manually assign a new IP address to your Nintendo DS. For step-by-step instructions on how to do this, click here.
If your router prompts for a device or profile name, you can enter anything you like (such as Nintendo DS, etc.).
The starting port to open is 1, the ending port to open is 65535 (or as high as your router will allow).
Protocols will need to be set to UDP only.
Set the IP address for the ports to forward to the same as the DS's static IP.

Noisy / Busy Area
Ensure that your router is set to either channel 1,6, or 11. For more information on where to find this setting, please click here to choose your router (if available).

I get this error code every once and awhile. Some days are better than others.

Noisy / Busy Area
Ensure that your router is set to either channel 1,6, or 11. For more information on where to find this setting, please click here to choose your router (if available).

Something in your setup
Turn off other wireless devices while playing, such as cordless phones, other handheld game systems, or wireless computers.

Friend's Settings
If you receive this error only when playing with a particular friend, then it is likely a problem with the friend's firewall settings on their connection. If possible, recommend to your friend that they visit the technical support area of http://support.nintendo.com for possible solutions.

Until recently, I've been able to connect to the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection just fine. Now I'm getting this error code.

Something has changed in your area. This could be a neighbor with a new wireless network, or you may have added something to your setup

Noisy / Busy Area

SSID set to default
If the router's SSID is set to the factory default (i.e. the manufacturer's name or "default"), change it to something unique. For example, a favorite baseball player or your last name. For information on how to change this setting, click here and select your router (if available).

Something in your set up
Turn off other wireless devices while playing, such as cordless phones, other handheld game systems, or wireless computers.

[/SPOILER-BOX]

does this help a bit?

Macman
Jun 13, 2010, 04:21 PM
Either your router is messing up, or your friend's is.
I suggest you both restart your routers, usually fixes the problem

Tweengo
Jun 14, 2010, 06:26 AM
A little off topic but I'm currently in the process of paying for a DS. Do you need any other connections to play this game multiplayer, or is it like the PSP where you can just connect to the nearest DS and play multiplayer. I don't plan to go online when (if) I buy PS0 (been told it's hard to find in the UK now :( ).

pkrockin
Jun 14, 2010, 06:40 PM
To play any DS game over the internet, you need a wireless connection point - your home router, hotspot at a restaurant, etc. You can also play multiplayer games over a local network in which someone hosts a game for up to 8 others - this usually requires everyone have a copy of the game, but some games allow people without the game to join in (the box will have the label "Single-Card Download Play" on the back if so).

PSZ has online multiplayer and multi-card local play for up to 4 players.

Tweengo
Jun 15, 2010, 06:40 AM
So if I had the game for DS and, for example, my brother decided to buy the game, we could just play multiplayer in the same room on our DSs without the need to buy additional things to play multiplayer? This is the main reason I want phantasy star zero as it just seems so similar to PSO. Thanks.

pkrockin
Jun 16, 2010, 10:10 AM
So if I had the game for DS and, for example, my brother decided to buy the game, we could just play multiplayer in the same room on our DSs without the need to buy additional things to play multiplayer? This is the main reason I want phantasy star zero as it just seems so similar to PSO. Thanks.

Let me see if I can explain this again more clearly......You put your PSZ in the DS
He puts his PSZ in his DS
You both start up your DSes
You both select characters to use

Now, to play a local game:
You both select "multiplayer" or whatever in the menu
One of you selects "Form Party" and the other selects "Join Party"
Once the party leader can see that the other has joined, you head out into the world

Tweengo
Jun 17, 2010, 06:33 AM
Oh sorry thanks. The multi-card saying just threw me. I suppose it means you all need the game. As long as I can play multiplayer without the need for wi-fi or anything else, I'm happy.

Yueri
Jun 17, 2010, 12:43 PM
Going back to topic...
We are in the same room/using the same router.
I guess we could try changing some settings again, but seeing how it has not really helped in the past I doubt there will be any success.

But just... why does free play work prefectly and "friend code play" does not?