PDA

View Full Version : Supplemental Update Preview - Part III

easy123
Jun 10, 2010, 05:56 PM
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/5168/11062010122406am.jpg (http://img820.imageshack.us/i/11062010122406am.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/community_quests.php?item=supdate03

BIG OLAF
Jun 10, 2010, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the info, Easy. Can't wait. The new chat commands look like fun, as do making custom status titles. Also, it's about time we got an "item lock" feature. No more accidentally selling a gift I just bought for my friend (yes, I've done that before..).

Max B
Jun 11, 2010, 06:21 AM
Yawn. Where is the Title Update Info?

SnowfoxZero
Jun 11, 2010, 06:57 AM
I really wish I could play it :(

Max B
Jun 11, 2010, 06:59 AM
I really wish I could play it :(

Well, whos fault is that now?

SnowfoxZero
Jun 11, 2010, 07:20 AM
Well, whos fault is that now?

I'm not sure, but if you could point me in the right direction....

darthplagis
Jun 11, 2010, 07:43 AM
i think the title update is for the PA and class mods, also adding new menu options for GAS and allowing the new text options all listed above

Max B
Jun 11, 2010, 07:46 AM
i think the title update is for the PA and class mods, also adding new menu options for GAS and allowing the new text options all listed above

This is just speculation. I want hard evidence. Also, I want to see what Grphical Slowdown will be adressed with the Title Update.

darthplagis
Jun 11, 2010, 07:55 AM
yeah i just realised that ed said he woul pop up patch notes, but lookin on sega forum he has not confirmed the details fully yet.

slowdown will be a nice fix and i hope we get it too, damn AOTI killing my robot hunting :)

i gotta go hit psupedia and plan me item hunting :) gotta have my swords :)

Omega369
Jun 11, 2010, 12:06 PM
cant wait for the update, but it would be nice to know when it's coming.

darthplagis
Jun 11, 2010, 12:11 PM
i really wanna know if the S3 moonlight beast is coming at start or in a later update, gotta get me my yohmei swords :) (i know they are dropping from WB but the bits to unlock are from MB)

also wondering if we are getting the 'titles' too

XbikXBd
Jun 11, 2010, 10:14 PM
i really wanna know if the S3 moonlight beast is coming at start or in a later update, gotta get me my yohmei swords :) (i know they are dropping from WB but the bits to unlock are from MB)

also wondering if we are getting the 'titles' too

that wont be till sup. update 2 LOL

darthplagis
Jun 11, 2010, 10:32 PM
i guessed as much, but with edward saying we were getting a bigger update than JP did on release, implying that we may actually be getting bits and pieces from multiple of JP's updates in one go..... guess we just have to wait and see what gets released.

oops i was mistaken, its the photon fluge that drops from MB S3 and sacred stream/R (non boss), still needed for swords but also alot of other cool gear.... caduceus included

Hiero_Glyph
Jun 12, 2010, 12:44 AM
All of this info is old news that we have known about for a very long time. Yes, let's get excited all over again when we have known about this since March of 2009. To my knowledge not a single thing listed was not included with the Supplemental Update for Japan meaning that we are getting the exact same thing and it is not bigger or better.

Crysteon
Jun 12, 2010, 01:37 AM

I think you're confusing Photon Fluges for Dragon Scales, ._. . And...I guess it will take some time for you guys to be able to get Dragon Scales (until 3rd Thanks festa Protectors Missions or RSD's AMP exchange mission...whatever you get first)

darthplagis
Jun 12, 2010, 07:53 AM
yeah i know its old news but the release notes have not been finalised, so not even edward knows what is coming. also with GC not coming i think sega will have to switch around a few updates to implement their changes.

i also corrected myself on the photon fluge/dragon scale thing :) a few posts up :)

RemiusTA
Jun 12, 2010, 04:54 PM
All of this info is old news that we have known about for a very long time. Yes, let's get excited all over again when we have known about this since March of 2009. To my knowledge not a single thing listed was not included with the Supplemental Update for Japan meaning that we are getting the exact same thing and it is not bigger or better.

Yeah, this is disturbing. Mostly since we're so far behind and each event will likely be 6 months apart. Oh, and after this update, we're at least 4 months away from any kind of event in the first place. And thats only at the very least.

I see no change in pace here, and i see no improvement with their work schedule.

Lucky Dearly
Jun 14, 2010, 05:46 AM
the lag on machine enemies needs to be patched, as well as better NPC AI for soloing purposes

Powder Keg
Jun 14, 2010, 07:25 AM
the lag on machine enemies needs to be patched, as well as better NPC AI for soloing purposes

The machine enemies don't slow down the game anymore. Now it's pretty much just certain areas (Flowery Pursuit especially) and certain techs like Rafoie and Ramegid that just kill the framerate.

Dealer
Jun 21, 2010, 06:31 PM
How are the classes and photon arts going to be rebalanced? Where can one find this information?

I've heard Jabroga will be nerfed.

How about bows, and rifles? Will the classes that can use them change, or will they be more or less powerful?

Lumpen Thingy
Jun 21, 2010, 07:31 PM
go on the official site it has all previews of the sup-update

Hiero_Glyph
Jun 22, 2010, 07:43 AM
How are the classes and photon arts going to be rebalanced? Where can one find this information?

I've heard Jabroga will be nerfed.

How about bows, and rifles? Will the classes that can use them change, or will they be more or less powerful?

Just read this: http://www.psupedia.info/AOTI_supplemental_update

icemanh
Jun 22, 2010, 03:51 PM
Probably a stupid question, But have these updates started to be introduced yet?

Hiero_Glyph
Jun 22, 2010, 09:38 PM
Probably a stupid question, But have these updates started to be introduced yet?

Seeing as how Japan's servers got them in March of 2009, of course we don't have them yet. According to Edward they should be coming soon though so we only had to wait over a year for basic balance adjustments.

blkbeast
Jun 30, 2010, 12:14 AM
bump bump

blkbeast
Jun 30, 2010, 12:15 AM
ummmmm need to know info bump

Shou
Jun 30, 2010, 01:00 AM
Why are you trying to keep this topic floating?

RemiusTA
Jun 30, 2010, 09:00 PM
ummmmm need to know info bump

Dude there is no more info. Just wait for them to delay it again and they'll give you more.

Langbang008
Jul 1, 2010, 12:59 AM
What is GUARDIANS Advanced Style?

GUARDIANS Advanced Style (or GAS) offers new character customization options to players who have maxed out their character's level. Once you have reached the maximum level, defeating creatures will earn you "Advanced EXP" (or AEXP). This AEXP can be used for customization. Once you have earned a certain amount of AEXP, it will be automatically converted into "Advanced Points" (AP).

Other notes on GAS:

AEXP can also be earned on missions where your character's level is capped/limited (GUARDIANS Advanced Missions).
On "GUARDIANS Advanced Missions," your character's max levels will be capped, so you will be able to earn AEXP even if you haven't reached the maximum level.
Previously, after you reached the highest level possible, "EXP Full" would be displayed when you defeated enemies. After the update, when you're at the highest level, the AEXP you earn will be displayed when you defeat an enemy.

Customization

Once you've earned enough AP, you will be able to customize your character's abilities. In Clyez City, head to the room next to the club on the third floor to begin.

Take note that you will need AP to customize, not AEXP. You can check how much you have by selecting "Character Information" and then "Status" from the main menu.

Customization Area
You might remember the event hall from the Winter Mission Carnival. With this update, the event hall will be remodeled into an entirely new area!

There is a new facility on the third floor of Clyez City: the GUARDIANS Colony Resident Security Department. Here you can find out all about the new updates. You can also head inside and talk to the Guardian to your left to accept GAS missions.

Carrying Out Customization

After accepting the mission, select "Use GAS" from the top menu.
You can also select "About GAS," "About Type Customization" and "About Style Customization" to learn more.

Customization Selection

There are two kinds of customization: "Type Customization" and "Style Customization." It is up to you to find out what works best for your own playing style.

Type Customization

You are now able to further hone specialized types, such as the "Fighgunner," "Fortefighter" and "Acrotecher," to better suit your needs and give you an edge in those difficult missions. You can enhance your strengths, or supplement your weaknesses.

With type customization, you can add different characteristics to enhance your character's type.

You can create a Fortefighter who specializes in axes, or a Fortetecher focused on healing and support. Or perhaps an Acrofighter with high resistance to status ailments--it's all up to you!

However, you can't simply boost all attributes with type customization. If you choose to specialize in one area, you will be unable to upgrade another. If you wish to upgrade all attributes you can try to boost each choice very minutely to get the desired effect, though in some cases the effects might not be very noticeable.

If you undo a type customization upgrade, the AP you spent will not be returned. Make sure to plan your customizations carefully so you don't end up wasting your AP.
You can use AP for type customization on other types as well as your current type.
Add an additional attack strength bonus to the Exact Counter and pair it with the new invincibility effect, and you'll be able to turn the battle around with a single strike!
By focusing your upgrades and specializing in a single weapon, you may be able to take down enemies with a single blow!

Style Customization
Style customization offers special abilities that can be used at any time, regardless of your character type. Similar to the slots on your line shield, your character has a "Weapon Style," "Shield Style" and an "Extra Style." Each style can carry a single customization of your choosing.

Unlike type customization, with style customization there is no limit to the number of customizations you can acquire, and you can't give them up. Each style can be changed freely, but only through the GAS mission.

Check out some of these examples:

Weapon Slot: Common Mastery

You can draw upon energy beyond the upper limits of C-grade weapons. This is a great opportunity to breathe new life into that favorite old weapon of yours that's been sitting around and collecting dust.

Shield Slot: Rapid React

By improving your blocking rate, you'll be able to avoid taking more damage. This could come in handy for those types that are light on HP.

Extra Slot: Mid-Grade Trap

This will increase the damage done by traps. For types that make heavy use of traps, this could be a valuable asset that produces more damage and opens up new tactical possibilities.

GUARDIANS Advanced Missions

What are GUARDIANS Advanced Missions?

On "GUARDIANS Advanced Missions" (GAM), your goal is to take on challenges with restrictive limits placed on things such as actions and weapons usage. Above all else, character levels have the greatest effect on your abilities. On GAMs, your level cap may be lowered to level 20 or 30. As a result there will be limits on your character: For example, you will not be able to use the vast majority of powerful S-grade weapons.

In addition, there may be other restrictions such as "no two-handed weapons." Each mission has different restrictions, so your entire party should work together to find the best plan of attack.

GAMs can be accepted from the character on the right at the GUARDIANS Colony Resident Security Department.

GUARDIANS Advanced Mission Requirements

Each mission's requirements are displayed when you accept and begin a mission. Be sure to read these carefully, as each mission has different requirements.
Level restrictions are listed when viewing mission information at the mission counter.
There is a "Waiting Area" mission for each level cap. You can accept these at the Resident Security Department as a first step before accepting a GAM.

Mission Flow

GAMs are split up into stages. You'll start with the first stage, moving up to the second, third, etc.
By clearing GAMs, you will earn Advanced Mission Points (AMP). Once you have saved a certain amount, you'll be able to go onto the next stage.
Each mission has a minimum stage requirement, and you will be unable to take on missions if you have not reached the required stage.

In other words, no matter what your stage, you'll be able to take on first-stage missions, but missions on higher stages will require you to be at the same or higher stage to take them on.

But take note: if you're of a higher level and you take on a mission of a much lower stage, the mission itself won't change, but the amount of AMP you earn will be largely reduced. In cases where there is a large gap between your level and a mission's rank, you might end up not earning any AMP at all.

To maximize the amount of AMP you receive, take on missions with stages that match your own.
By using the Resident Security Department's "Trading Post," you can trade in your AMP for rare items and materials.
The amount of AMP you can save is limited, but this limit will be raised in future updates. New trading post items will also be added.
When trading AMP for items, you will lose that AMP. If your AMP drops too low, your stage will also drop.
Like GBR, AMP are shared between characters at the same entrance. However, unlike GBR, your AMP will not be reset to 0 after a fixed amount of time has passed.