PDA

View Full Version : Do bosses recover health when you die?

Daemon Gildas
Jun 11, 2010, 12:18 AM
I'm playing online, but solo atm. I'm curious, since I keep dieing on De Ragan, does my damage continally wear him down, or does he recover health every time he kills me?

Tyreek
Jun 11, 2010, 12:26 AM
He will recover. It's an extreme pain I know.

itellthetruth
Jun 11, 2010, 01:07 AM
If you die and go back to the lobby, he will have full health again when you fight him again.

If you die and use a scape doll, his health won't change at that instant.

Some bosses can heal themselves but you will see this on the screen (and it usually isn't much ~2kish)

NiceOnes
Jun 11, 2010, 02:18 AM
I think this is debatable. Run Bladed Legacy and burn your last scape with only 1 Magashi remaining. When you return there is only one Magashi....

The first time I solo'd Dark God S2 (I was lvl 128 ) I went into the boss fight with 6 scapes... Ended up burning them all however when I returned to the battle with a new batch of scapes I only burned 2 before he was finished. IMHO he most definetly took far less damage the second time in that the first.

Max B
Jun 11, 2010, 06:43 AM
I think this is debatable. Run Bladed Legacy and burn your last scape with only 1 Magashi remaining. When you return there is only one Magashi....

Magashi is not a boss.

NiceOnes
Jun 11, 2010, 10:23 AM
Magashi is not a boss.

That was as conclusive of an arguement that you could come up with Max? I thought for sure you'd jump in with something tangible.

I realize that Magashi is not a boss. However the last room serves almost as a boss room c/w with starting cutscene. Anyways, it was just a point to say that the room doesn't revert back to it's original state of multiple Magashi' so perhaps it's feasible to assume a boss doesn't revert to it's original state of HP.

This is something that can be tested. I'm going to count rifle shots to kill Dark Falz 2nd form. Then I'm going to run it again and put half the shots into him before commiting suicide. Depending on how many shots he takes upon my return will give us a difinitive answer.

I digress until the testing is complete.